Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Chocobo posted:

You still earn mastery, it floods over to the next rank even if you haven't finished the test.

Or so I've been told.
It does pile up and go towards the next rank. I got lazy about doing my rank 5 test and as soon as I did it, it said I was ready to take the 6 test.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

I wonder if DE has a target in mind for Vay Hek runs -- i.e. "We expect a casual pubbie to be able to grind out a frequency triangulator every N days." My work has been busy enough that I've only been able to play an hour or two a day, and I've been playing basically nothing but Ceres. I've had over 30 omega beacons drop, very few kappa/gamma, and zero deltas. How are you guys knocking them out so quickly, other than Nekros abuse?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

The initial wave of Solar Rails are starting to finish deployment.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Chocobo posted:

You still earn mastery, it floods over to the next rank even if you haven't finished the test.

Or so I've been told.

I can confirm that it spills over.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Okay, that's good, thanks. Not happy about these rank tests being so prone to malfunction with a 24 hour cooldown, though!

Kiyanis
Sep 25, 2007

BBQ Now.
So happy that on wave 34 of an ODD after getting Oberon systems and an infected mod for shotgun, my video driver decides to poo poo out.

Sometimes the way loot/rewards are handled in this game really irk me.

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.

TheRationalRedditor posted:

I'm a new player and I had a new rank mastery test bug the gently caress out and freeze up for no reason earlier, which is super cool. If I do stuff that's supposed to gain rank XP like clear new levels for the first time during the 24 hour cooldown, do I just lose that XP while the rank bar is stuck on max?

No, it tracks the gained xp properly. If it's rank 4 that you're having trouble with, I'm having the same issue. It stops spawning enemies before the time is up, and then nothing happens when the timer runs out. I saw a thread with the same problem on the official forums too, so it looks like we don't get to be level 4 until the bug is fixed.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Galaga Galaxian posted:

The initial wave of Solar Rails are starting to finish deployment.

Yep, and they're also boring as hell. They're literally just the same old defenses/survivals, except with more loot and you gain XP faster. They'll replace Xini for knocking out weapons to 30, and that's about it.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

ullerrm posted:

I wonder if DE has a target in mind for Vay Hek runs -- i.e. "We expect a casual pubbie to be able to grind out a frequency triangulator every N days." My work has been busy enough that I've only been able to play an hour or two a day, and I've been playing basically nothing but Ceres. I've had over 30 omega beacons drop, very few kappa/gamma, and zero deltas. How are you guys knocking them out so quickly, other than Nekros abuse?

I've been able to knock out a key pretty much every 2 20 minute survivals.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

TheRationalRedditor posted:

^I can tell that's a cool tip guide even though I have basically 0 idea of anything you're referring to, kudos.

Thank you, and I'll go back and edit for clarity later then. I should've done that to begin with but :effort: at zero-dark-thirty.

Feel free to point out the specifics and I'll clarify properly, I don't want to make it any more painful to read than it is.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Welp, stayed up again tonight to see how the deployment and contesting nodes works. In other news: gently caress DE. Why? I make sure I'm tactician (Can deploy rails for the alliance, etc), click "Deploy a rail to contest", asks me to select a rail. No loving rails to select.

The Gooneer will just wait in the wings for now, it seems. Within 20s of every node getting fully deployed, every single one was contested. Oh, and it takes another 24 hours for the contested node to start up the little mini-war.

As a side note, the dark sectors are pretty amazing. Infested survival/defense with XP and resource bonuses. 5 waves or 5 minutes of pluto dark sector gives 26k credits, so say goodbye to T3 keys as the best way to make cash. Speaking of, a lot of projects have been missing credits. Notably, the two new rails (that we probably will not be able to deploy anyway!) need 1mil credits, combined.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

ullerrm posted:

Yep, and they're also boring as hell. They're literally just the same old defenses/survivals, except with more loot and you gain XP faster. They'll replace Xini for knocking out weapons to 30, and that's about it.

Haha, what. It's literally replacing T3 as main money maker and maybe ODD as XP farming spot.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Crigit posted:

No, it tracks the gained xp properly. If it's rank 4 that you're having trouble with, I'm having the same issue. It stops spawning enemies before the time is up, and then nothing happens when the timer runs out. I saw a thread with the same problem on the official forums too, so it looks like we don't get to be level 4 until the bug is fixed.
It's endemically delicious!

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

ullerrm posted:

Do we have one already deployed? I don't see the Goon one listed anymore in the Dojo Tactitian Console, or are only those listed that are still under construction? Anyway, just topped off the 'little Bees' rail cause it was still missing credits and I'm drowning in credits and I can't start a second one until the current Void Kraken Kult rail is finished anyway.

So what are we gonna contest? Cause I always enjoyed the invasion missions, so I'll love doing those even if I'm basically paying myself (or just getting loot drops and fight for free to ruin another clans rail).

Edit:
Oh, I see, we are too late to contest any rails. :smith:

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Apr 13, 2014

iFederico
Apr 19, 2001
Posted for PC goon guild invite! See you guys soon.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

http://deathsnacks.com/wf/index.html

Haha every single rail possible is getting contested. How is this ever going to last except for 4-hour periods between attacks?

Also isn't Test Alliance Please Ignore the reddit clan? how about we not ignore them

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Apr 13, 2014

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Too little territory for too many alliances. Let the dark sectors burn, I suspect most people are fighting over just having their name up, or maybe greedy taxes. No one will last for long, it'll just be a massive waste of resources to try to compete.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Gestalt Intellect posted:

http://deathsnacks.com/wf/index.html

Haha every single rail possible is getting contested. How is this ever going to last except for 4-hour periods between attacks?

Honestly, I don't get the point of contesting rails as long as the public tax is single-digits/non-existent. It's not like having the rail be yours actually means anything or has any kind of impact, so why bother?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

PathAsc posted:

:frogsiren:MAKE MAD MONIES LIKE A REAL GOON:frogsiren:

Alternatively just run Pluto dark sector.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=248670046

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Holy poo poo.:staredog:

Edit: for clarity, that's his screenshot.

Wales Grey fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Apr 13, 2014

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Wales Grey posted:

Holy poo poo.:staredog:

That can't be right, can it? Is that a player-side exploit or a DE side bug?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Damnit. I just shut my computer off. Was this a freak occurrence or is that happening to everyone?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

What the hell? I was doing the test thing to rank up to Rank 1 and I hosed up a bit and didn't manage to kill the last guy before time ran out and now the game tells me I have to wait ANOTHER 24 hours to try again.
Who came up with this bullshit?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Davin Valkri posted:

That can't be right, can it? Is that a player-side exploit or a DE side bug?

It doesn't actually give you that much money, it's the correct 20k or so. That happened to me too.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Yeah you don't actually get that much money. I was bummed.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Mastery rank 15 is actually mildly challenging and fun, it's no longer a wallrun test but Interception. :v:

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Another pointless grind for no reward.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Never change, DE.

(not my screenshot)

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

DelphiAegis posted:

...Speaking of, a lot of projects have been missing credits. Notably, the two new rails (that we probably will not be able to deploy anyway!) need 1mil credits, combined.

I had a million credits to burn so I've thrown them in, though one of the rails still needs 11K plastids.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Get rid of some of the piles and piles of banners and other decorations we have in that one room to pay for it.

So one nice feature I didn't see mentioned in the patch notes is that Absorb now shows you how much damage you picked up as a number. It's sort of pointless but nice to know.

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Apr 13, 2014

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
Well, right now the dark sector survivals are rewarding the melee mods nobody has yet; that have no standard price beyond the ridiculous amounts people got for transmuted copies in the past few days, so they are worth it for that at the moment.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

CJSeedge and obliveator on PS4 looking for a clan invite.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
It seems like a ton of the PC dojo decorations need plastids and most rooms are half-full of yellow messes. Maybe worth not making any more until they're built?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

What's the point of having architect access if you're not willing to turn things like the observatory into a hideous mess? :v:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Volt with Streamline and Flow.
Snipe Shock all day :allears:

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
I'm quite liking the Galatine with the new channeling system. Getting 100+ hit combos against infested means you're eventually just cutting down ancients in a single hit. This sword truly is anime. :allears:

I haven't played in a while, mostly because missing the time limited weapons makes me sad. Did I actually miss out on anything good? The Gorgon Wraith is just a straight upgrade from the Gorgon, isn't it?

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

Croccers posted:

Volt with Streamline and Flow.
Snipe Shock all day :allears:
Add Fleeting Expertise and you've got a Volt that'll speed run all day forever on top of that. With a couple energy siphons running you should regenerate about enough energy between each cast.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Dezztroy posted:

I'm quite liking the Galatine with the new channeling system. Getting 100+ hit combos against infested means you're eventually just cutting down ancients in a single hit. This sword truly is anime. :allears:

I haven't played in a while, mostly because missing the time limited weapons makes me sad. Did I actually miss out on anything good? The Gorgon Wraith is just a straight upgrade from the Gorgon, isn't it?
Yeah that's all the special ed weapons are. Gorgon Wraith shaves a whole second off reload time if I recall.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Starting to get graphical errors where the textures just seem to stretch and distort. I'm guessing it's a vram issue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
The Gorgon Wraith is basically just 'Gorgon, but actually usable'. It's still nothing exceptional. You probably missed out more on the mods, and even those are just something I find useful when dealing with limited mod space in a weapon, nothing great (for most builds).