Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Seen in Coventry:

The RS green really helps bring out the non-functional vents and rear drum brakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
Have an Alero trying hard.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume this guy probably isn't too happy with Obama :v::

I don't really get political bumper stickers because I don't see why you'd want to give other drivers another reason to road-rage and/or identify you but I guess if you're going to go then go all-out.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The only sticker on my car is an inside-the-window NRA sticker on the rear glass, which has factory tint so you can only see it if you're standing right up against the back of the car. I just kind of like the way it looks barely there through the tint. (Though I am an NRA member, it's not just a silly sticker choice or anything)

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Yeah, I don't keep any gun-related stickers on my truck. Too much of a red flag that says 'please break into this vehicle'.

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

wank wank you're a pro vaper I'm not wooptiedoo...

buying "extended lug nuts" and then hogging out the openings on the wheel so they'll fit

studs are NOT that hard to loving put in people jesus gently caress

and all of this for herrafrush or some disgusting ricer bullshit trend

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Wow, I wonder how many threads he has on those lug nuts if he had to clearance the wheel to get some purchase.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

And it's an MR2 :allears:

Don't worry, it'll be wrapped around a tree soon enough.

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

wank wank you're a pro vaper I'm not wooptiedoo...

Slavvy posted:

sad but true

now he's claiming that a shop did it

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Slavvy posted:

"I'm just going to increase the stress on a high speed rotating mass, WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?"

the poi
Oct 24, 2004

turbo volvo, wooooo!
Grimey Drawer

I've done the same thing!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
A dude refused to sign off on my E46 BMW last time I got smoged because he couldn't see the cats when looking under the car.

"I see that aftermarket piping with no cats what are ya doin bud?!"

"Uh sir, the cats are part of the headers. They are stuffed up into the engine bay where you cant see them from just looking under the car at ground level with a maglight"

*blank stare*

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about
This thread has actually made me glad to live in Ohio, for once. Inspections? Emissions tests? Road-worthiness evaluations? What are these foreign concepts?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Captain Trips posted:

This thread has actually made me glad to live in Ohio, for once. Inspections? Emissions tests? Road-worthiness evaluations? What are these foreign concepts?

Same here. The only things I've ever gotten pulled over for are not having a front license plate (it was in the bed, with the rest of my front bumper, drat deer) and being on fire.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
Well, proper hilljack etiquette is for the front plate to be on your dash, visible through the windshield.

Though the being on fire thing begs for storytime.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Liquid Communism posted:

Same here. The only things I've ever gotten pulled over for are not having a front license plate (it was in the bed, with the rest of my front bumper, drat deer) and being on fire.

Did you get a ticket or a moving conflagration?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Captain Trips posted:

Well, proper hilljack etiquette is for the front plate to be on your dash, visible through the windshield.

It was covered in deer viscera, and I didn't have anything with the leverage to get those bolts off on me at the time.

Slavvy posted:

Did you get a ticket or a moving conflagration?

It was my 1984 Buick Estate Wagon back in high school. Carb problems, it was running super rich and I was trying to limp it home because I was broke as poo poo and didn't want to pay for the tow. About halfway there, something coughed and the air filter caught fire. There was a cop right behind me, so he hit his lights as I was pulling over, and loaned me his fire extinguisher.

Unfortunately, the fire department showed up right after I had it out, but the engine was still smoking a bit due to it being mid-winter in Iowa, so they filled that fucker with cold water from the top down. I heard it crack, and it was done at that point. Cop was very sympathetic, and let me keep it on the side of the road until the next day when the scrapper came for it.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
911 GT3 rear wing wall shelf.

Yes, it's £3000. No, I am unable to understand why.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Falken posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRX6cPPZKTk

I'm pretty sure Porsche will write their name on anything and sell it for massive sums of money to idiots. How else will they finance a new(ish) 911?

See: the Cayenne.

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Apr 13, 2014

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

AirRaid posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRX6cPPZKTk

I'm pretty sure Porsche will write their name on anything and sell it for massive sums of money to idiots. How else will they finance a new(ish) 911?

See: the Cayenne.
When I was at a Porsche Center getting a sill for my 944, there was a set of 4 espresso cups with Porsche racing designs on them for £70. The internal part of the sill cost me £83 which gave me a good chuckle. A major structural part of a car that they stopped producing 22 years ago costs £13 more than a set of 4 espresso cups.

Then there's poo poo like this: Ferrari F1 engine connecting rod screw

Between that and 1:8 scale model cars that cost in excess of £4000 really shows off what's wrong with the world.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Chinatown posted:

"Uh sir, the cats are part of the headers. They are stuffed up into the engine bay where you cant see them from just looking under the car at ground level with a maglight"

I actually ran into this with my Altima.

A bone stock Altima. The body was a bit rough, but mechanically it was 100% as it left the factory (aside from some gaskets, the clutch, and a wheel bearing).

Altimas, since at least 98, have had the cat integrated into the manifold. Guy claimed I had no cat. Guy also tried to fail it over broken backup lights (reverse lights are not an inspected item in Texas; I do agree they're important, but they did work [just flickered a bit], and the inspection criteria specifically states "reverse lights are not to be checked").

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Captain Trips posted:

Same with Iowa. Some of the poo poo I see on the road here is absolutely hilarious. There's a guy in town witha mid-70s Corolla that you can basically see through from one side to the other due to rust, and all four wheels/tires are mismatched. It gets a little worse every year but still runs.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Falken posted:

Puts some downforce on your credit card payments?
Brakes your budget?

I dunno :V

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

Ok, looks like your standard SSR with a lovely flame job

Vanishing heritage? WTF?

a baby tiger with a cougar???

like a rhinestone cowboy...

AND ITS FOR SALE!!!!
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/edmonton/2004-chevrolet-ssr-25-000-custom-package/579730664?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

angryhampster posted:

Same with Iowa. Some of the poo poo I see on the road here is absolutely hilarious. There's a guy in town witha mid-70s Corolla that you can basically see through from one side to the other due to rust, and all four wheels/tires are mismatched. It gets a little worse every year but still runs.

If it wasn't for the lack of inspections here in Iowa, 90% of what I see on the road would fail. So many farm trucks in terminal stage cancer from all the drat salt, with maybe functioning lights and an exhaust system that can charitably be considered better than a paper towel roll attached to the headers....

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

Falken posted:

I wanna see what sort of damage years of being stood on two corners on a curvy shelf does to nice expensive hardback books. :allears:

One advantage: round objects will always roll to stay onto the shelf.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Go big or go home:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

neckbeard posted:

Ok, looks like your standard SSR with a lovely flame job

Vanishing heritage? WTF?

a baby tiger with a cougar???

like a rhinestone cowboy...

AND ITS FOR SALE!!!!
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/edmonton/2004-chevrolet-ssr-25-000-custom-package/579730664?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Too bad those aren't real flames. The SSR is total poo poo.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

jammyozzy posted:

I wanna see what sort of damage years of being stood on two corners on a curvy shelf does to nice expensive hardback books. :allears:

One advantage: round objects will always roll to stay onto the shelf.

No you see there's also a matching set of hardcover factory service manuals contoured to the spoiler for £500

The joke is that all the pages are blank because anyone who would buy such a thing would never loving open them.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013

meatpimp posted:

Go big or go home:

I can't decide which is worse: The message or the font.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Captain Trips posted:

I can't decide which is worse: The message or the font.

Eh, the message is all love and joy. The American flag horse is just silly, though... What's the shape next to the horse? My brain isn't processing it.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Everything in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQptfdSCdhs

I swear to god if any of those cars hit some of the potholes we get around here the tyres would explode.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013

Uthor posted:

What's the shape next to the horse? My brain isn't processing it.

I honestly have no idea. My brain is still processing the combination of Byzantine cross and Hebrew text.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Ludicro posted:

Everything in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQptfdSCdhs

I swear to god if any of those cars hit some of the potholes we get around here the tyres would explode.

So many angry lawnmowers. :stare:

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Falken posted:

The internal part of the sill cost me £83 which gave me a good chuckle. A major structural part of a car that they stopped producing 22 years ago costs £13 more than a set of 4 espresso cups.

Wait....a dealer HAD ONE IN STOCK? They sent pretty much all of that back to Germany from US dealerships and warehouses, so we have to either pay huge shipping fees or wait a month or two (whenever the warehouse does it's next order).

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

some texas redneck posted:

I actually ran into this with my Altima.

A bone stock Altima. The body was a bit rough, but mechanically it was 100% as it left the factory (aside from some gaskets, the clutch, and a wheel bearing).

Altimas, since at least 98, have had the cat integrated into the manifold. Guy claimed I had no cat. Guy also tried to fail it over broken backup lights (reverse lights are not an inspected item in Texas; I do agree they're important, but they did work [just flickered a bit], and the inspection criteria specifically states "reverse lights are not to be checked").

Your post spurred me to look up the Texas inspection guidelines and I stumbled across this little gem (edit: under the "vehicle modification section")(emphasis mine):

Texas DPS posted:

What's the maximum height for my vehicle?
The Texas Transportation Code specifies that the maximum height of a vehicle and its load may not be higher than 14 feet (View code) Transportation code, chapter 621, section 621.207).

fuckin' Texas, man :stare:

Panty Saluter fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Apr 13, 2014

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
That's the maximum roof/exhaust height, as in "our loving bridges are 14 feet tall please don't hit them" not the rocker/bumper/frame height.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

Panty Saluter posted:

fuckin' Texas, man :stare:

Gotta have our lifted trucks. Glad to know I have a few feet of headroom to continue lifting my Jeep :v:

Uthor posted:

What's the shape next to the horse? My brain isn't processing it.

It looks like the shape of a state with a church steeple silhouetted over the flag background. I can't tell which state though, maybe Virginia with another silhouette in the upper right?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

kastein posted:

That's the maximum roof/exhaust height, as in "our loving bridges are 14 feet tall please don't hit them" not the rocker/bumper/frame height.

I'm aware of that, it's still pretty ridiculous that you can legally put a 6 foot lift on your lovely F-350 brotruck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

14 feet is ~4.3m, so not that far off the 12m long, 2.55m wide and 4m tall maximum size of an ordinary passenger car in Denmark.

And the maximum size of a motorcycle? 12m long, 2.55m wide and 4m tall :getin: