Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
All I know is it will be a cool fight and I'm watching it live!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Just watched the Nog vs Nelson card. Poor Nog, I don't like seeing him get smashed like this, he really should have retired some time ago. On the other hand, I do enjoy seeing Nelson win via right hand of doom.

Good to see Doomsday back as well, even though his testicles were reduced to a fine paste in that fight.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
well the thing about that is

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

maffew buildings posted:

what y'all think gonna happen with that there browne v werdum fight?

I don't think Browne is particularly amazing at anything except that he's unusually quick and agile for a huge dude. It was also pretty impressive when he KOed Overeem after being kneed in half. Anyway he moves around a lot (not necessarily well, but a lot), strikes erratically but effectively, and is very difficult to take down. Werdum is likely the more technically proficient striker but Browne's hyperactive movement and varied attack might give him some trouble. Browne's last four fights in a row have all ended in variously ridiculous finishes so trying to predict the result is a waste of time. Most likely Werdum won't be able to take him down and he'll try to kickbox, while Browne dances around like a spastic throwing huge kicks, and somebody will win by stoppage and earn the right to be murdered by Velasquez. I hope Werdum gets a knockdown and then submits Browne with something unusual and cool.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I'm a dumb man and can't come up with a witty title for a card that features Bisping vs. an American solider.

http://mmajunkie.com/events/tuf-nations-finale

Things to consider: Card is hella good, on a Wednesday, and features TUF Nation finalists that I'm not convinced anyone actually watched.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

also bisping called kennedy a homo on twitter or something too.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

-Atom- posted:

I'm a dumb man and can't come up with a witty title for a card that features Bisping vs. an American solider.

Things to consider: Card is hella good, on a Wednesday, and features TUF Nation finalists that I'm not convinced anyone actually watched.

The second time a Kennedy sniper takes a shot at a cheater.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Best possible outcome is Werdum gets Hapa Elbowed

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011

-Atom- posted:

TUF Nations Finale GDT : Cross-eyed, the Sniper

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
I'm loving those bundt cake recaps of fights I haven't watched in ages, keep them coming I say. As for Werdum Browne, I'm backing Browne, he's just got more power and a bit more varied striking and Werdum didn't look great on the feet against Big Nog. I don't really remember watching Browne on the ground so he prob hasn't been there for long and I don't think Werdum can take him down. Either one will be an easy win for Cain anyway.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Finally we have the absolute proof that Fedor was secretly always bad: his biggest rival has lost 19 straight fights to some extremely punchliney heavyweights, proving conclusively that Big Nog is garbage and always was.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
We all remember that Browne is a bad fighter, right?

Fucker fights like he is hooked up to a Xbox controller with a cat rolling around on it.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Nah, Browne is a pretty good fighter, his kicks only really let him down on the Bigfoot fight. Him being bad was a meme for a while and he isn't amazing but he's a top 5 HW for sure, which isn't saying much I guess.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
It remains to be seen how good he is when he next faces a HW who retains the memory to not clinch him into the fence with their head down

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Browne isn't bad but Werdum is better than him. But it's a heavyweight fight so pick Browne by brutal KO and you'll probably be right.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
I'm not sure you can say a fighter is better than the other if the most probable outcome in the fight is for the former to be knocked out.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Captain Log posted:

Fucker fights like he is hooked up to a Xbox controller with a cat rolling around on it.

Def stealing this for my real life convos.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Travis Browne vs Cain Velasquez will be hilarious. Fabricio Werdum vs Cain Velasquez will be ordinary. So you already know what's going to happen.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Ty1990 posted:

Def stealing this for my real life convos.

:respek:

Seriously, have you all ever competed in something (sport, game, dick waggering contest) where the opponent is so new, bizarre, bad, convention defying, or strange that you have no idea how to handle them? Browne has built a career off that. It's like fencing someone who suddenly starts swinging the handle end of the epee at you while hooting. What they do isn't necessarily skilled but you sure as gently caress don't know how to handle it.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Bubba Smith posted:

Travis Browne vs Cain Velasquez will be hilarious. Fabricio Werdum vs Cain Velasquez will be ordinary. So you already know what's going to happen.

yeah i dunno, i'd like to think that werdum could do decent countering and off his back.

browne would not be able to have a chance unless he could miraculously stay on his feet during scrambles

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TheRationalRedditor posted:

It remains to be seen how good he is when he next faces a HW who retains the memory to not clinch him into the fence with their head down

I think this is exactly what Werdum will do. I'm looking forward to him listening to some elbows.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
I am fairly sure 4 years from now we're going to be swearing blind that THIS time Browne'll lose the belt, because Jesus Christ did you see his last 9 defences? Dude fights like he's having a seizure and it's just people keep blundering into those weird hits...

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
More like I can't believe he messed his knee up again and hasn't defended his title since 2015

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
More like we'll be watching Cain vs JDS V...

Neeber
Nov 29, 2007
I'd give Browne a big advantage over any non-Velasquez wrestlers that are shorter than him and Werdum's going to end up with two right ears.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Yeah. Everyones results oriented so three ko's = destroyer of worlds but all we really know is that if you kill travis browne he will come back to life and throw a series of front kicks, and he's got a lot of leverage throwing elbows in a particular position

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Its been a while but I remember in the Nog and Nelson fight thinking Werdum was getting his best work done in the clinch. Browne's going to be too tall for that.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Captain Log posted:

We all remember that Browne is a bad fighter, right?

whatever do you mea-

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

colonel_korn posted:

whatever do you mea-

Hahaha yes. I was trying to find this gif for the last Overeem fight but came up short.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I want Browne to fight for the title just for Chael Sonnen's reaction.

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009
This was the best gif from the Overeem/Browne fight

Thrawn
Sep 10, 2004

colonel_korn posted:

whatever do you mea-

Hahaha, I was trying to find that gif as well, but while searching for it I stumbled across a far more disturbing pic of Travis Browne:

:nms: Click here if for some reason you feel the need to see Travis Browne in a string bikini

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

nope

Edit: Forrest Griffin as unladylike supergirl was about as far down that rabbit hole I was willing to go.

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!

Thrawn posted:

Hahaha, I was trying to find that gif as well, but while searching for it I stumbled across a far more disturbing pic of Travis Browne:

:nms: Click here if for some reason you feel the need to see Travis Browne in a string bikini

I'm ok with a picture of Browne in a string bikini, but not a bmp image on the internet in the 21st century.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

what the gently caress is wrong with me. is exactly as described. don't click it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Marching Powder posted:

what the gently caress is wrong with me. is exactly as described. don't click it.

I clicked it and didn't mind what I saw.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
lol at the super creepy face and tiny package

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Novum posted:

lol at the super creepy face and tiny package

That's probably a normal sized dick an abnormally large man.

Ah yes, time for dick talk.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Captain Log posted:

That's probably a normal sized dick an abnormally large man.

Ah yes, time for dick talk.

We already talked about Jon Jones trying to pirate fight pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Mean Bean Machine posted:

I'm loving those bundt cake recaps of fights I haven't watched in ages, keep them coming I say.

• Locked thread