Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

quote:

and it was literally deus ex machina that did him in.

Not really. Alice set him up by yelling for Cyrus to put the water in the well, knowing that Jafar would stop the water by "taking" it. It doesn't really count as deus ex machina when a character knowingly maneuvers another character into getting squished by the deux.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Why would you go back to the real world when you can A. Stay in Wonderland, or B. Go back to the real world, but in the future (where the Knave is from)? It just seemed like such a boring choice. But otherwise a good ending to a show that was actually pretty decent despite all its flaws.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I don't know, Wonderland seems like a pretty backwards and hellish place to live. 19th century England isn't much better, but that's where her family is (and they look rich as poo poo), so if you're going to get knocked up and raise a kid, you might as well do it there.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Irish Joe posted:

I don't know, Wonderland seems like a pretty backwards and hellish place to live. 19th century England isn't much better, but that's where her family is (and they look rich as poo poo), so if you're going to get knocked up and raise a kid, you might as well do it there.

Also, Alice didn't want to escape her life and family. She wanted to be believed and accepted by them as someone who wasn't a depressed lunatic. She got that in the end so she's staying in her home world. For my part, I'd be okay with her coming to the main show, perhaps after some kind of H. G. Wells Martian invasion of her world.

KasioDiscoRock
Nov 17, 2000

Are you alive?
Just caught up on Wonderland. What I don't get is if Jafar's magic/breaking the laws of magic were undone by the genies' curse being broken, then why wasn't Imara's as well? Basically, if Anastasia died when the curse was broken, then why didn't Cyrus die too? They were both brought back to life using the same magic.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
My reading of that scene was that Cyrus hadn't actually died yet.

KasioDiscoRock
Nov 17, 2000

Are you alive?
Oh, I suppose that could be. She just healed his wound. That would explain why the rabbit's wife was getting ready to heal him. Thanks.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Really enjoyed the Wonderland finale. Again, very refreshing to have a clear and coherent season with no irritating loose ends. Poor Jabberwockie though.

As for OUAT, Zelena is stealing the show. Really enjoyed her flashback and enslavement of the Wizard. I did find it somewhat hilarious how casually Belle was sitting during the cafe scene.

Hook however, should be wearing less. Regina's distaste for the Charmings is charming.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Surprised to see if there are supposed to be any consequences of this plot or Wonderlands, since I'm guessing it wasn't an accident that both Wonderland and the second half of this season of OUAT both feature orphaned children growing up to be magicians to break the laws of magic. Not that I'm complaining, just curious if there was more to go with if Wonderland got either extra episodes or renewed and how that would affect OUAT.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Huh, so the Wicked Witch's master plan is ... the exact same plan as Jafar's? Do the writers of the two show's talk to each other?

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
I liked Rumple's reason for not picking Zelena.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

bamhand posted:

Huh, so the Wicked Witch's master plan is ... the exact same plan as Jafar's? Do the writers of the two show's talk to each other?

The root of all evil is Daddy issues.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
Didn't Rumple and Cora have some kind of relationship? Maybe he's the father of the wicked witch.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
That would be such a weird turn of his character given how much he loved his son, both before and after becoming the Dark One.

spronk
Feb 5, 2011

Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.
I want to see more Oz and less family angst, which has now been rehashed like a million times on the show.

If the show roughly follows some of the book series, are the other witches in Oz sisters of the Wicked witch? The show mentioned briefly that the scarecrow was the father of Zelina, which is kinda... weird. So all the Dorothy stuff has already happened?

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.
Just got done binging through these shows over the past couple weeks. I love the mishmash of Disney properties with some added edge.

Definitely nthing the requests for further spinoff series now that Wonderland is done. Oz is a pretty obvious choice, but The Land without Color would be awesome since it's the most likely place to find Dracula, and I would love to see Dracula gently caress poo poo up in the OUAT multiverse.

Ela
Jan 10, 2011

spronk posted:

The show mentioned briefly that the scarecrow was the father of Zelina, which is kinda... weird. So all the Dorothy stuff has already happened?

Must have missed that completely, when was that implied?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Ela posted:

Must have missed that completely, when was that implied?

The only scarecrow reference I remember was Regina joking that Zelina had slept with him.

KasioDiscoRock
Nov 17, 2000

Are you alive?
Yeah, the scarecrow comment seemed like a throwaway insult, not an actual fact about anything.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

ShakeZula posted:

The only scarecrow reference I remember was Regina joking that Zelina had slept with him.

Isn't that a thing from Wicked, as well? That the Wicked Witch has some relationship with the Scarecrow? Somehow I missed the entire 2000's and never saw it.

KasioDiscoRock
Nov 17, 2000

Are you alive?

Xealot posted:

Isn't that a thing from Wicked, as well? That the Wicked Witch has some relationship with the Scarecrow? Somehow I missed the entire 2000's and never saw it.

Yeah, basically. He turns into the scarecrow in the musical, though it's a bit more ambiguous in the book.

Ela
Jan 10, 2011

ShakeZula posted:

Yeah i only remember this, nothing about Scarecrow daddy.

Rumple is a more likely candidate, and i doubt he can be both Rumple and Scarecrow!

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Ela posted:

Yeah i only remember this, nothing about Scarecrow daddy.

Rumple is a more likely candidate, and i doubt he can be both Rumple and Scarecrow!

Well he's already the Beast and the Crocodile. :v:

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.

KasioDiscoRock posted:

Yeah, the scarecrow comment seemed like a throwaway insult, not an actual fact about anything.

I was all like, "heh, a 'stuffed shirt' joke". I don't think either the actual Scarecrow or Rumple is the father, and I don't think Rumple can be the scarecrow since she already mentioned getting courage from David and having Rumple's brain. Now all she needs is a heart and they don't seem to be in short supply on this show.

Ela
Jan 10, 2011
If she wants Reginas but couldn't get it, who's her second target? Or do we think she's just gonna track it down anyway. Not that i think she'll be able to, Regina is far smarter.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Ela posted:

Or do we think she's just gonna track it down anyway. Not that i think she'll be able to, Regina is far smarter.
Regina doesn't have her own heart. Even so, Regina has made some stupid decisions in the past so I don't see how she is immune to failure.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Ela posted:

If she wants Reginas but couldn't get it, who's her second target?

Henry, for some reason. Not a single arc can elapse on this show without someone trying to do something or another to Henry.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Well yeah if you need a heart what better heart to grab than the HEART OF THE TRUEST BELIEVER?

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Senerio posted:

Well yeah if you need a heart what better heart to grab than the HEART OF THE TRUEST BELIEVER?

I don't know if it's still in effect, but as I recall Regina put a protection spell on Henry that prevents his heart from being taken from him. Not even Pan was able to remove it and Pan was more powerful than Rumple, who is more than likely more powerful than Zelena.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

nelson posted:

Didn't Rumple and Cora have some kind of relationship? Maybe he's the father of the wicked witch.

I thought Rumple and Cora had a relationship right before Cora became queen and had Regina. Regina would the more likely candidate of being Rumple's daughter. Plus it makes everything even more incestuous.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

Even if Regina didn't put the protection spell on him, Henry's not the truest believer anymore since he lost his memory.

I like how Emma called Hook out for wearing eyeliner.

E: also, Regina could have totally yanked out Zelena's heart when they were up close and personal in the clock tower but then what would we do for the rest of the season? :v:

fork bomb fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Apr 11, 2014

Wheeze
Jul 31, 2007

Gotta say, I really love the look of this Oz. I thought the shot of the Emerald City and the Wizard's chamber looked fantastic - a lot better than the enchanted forest or Wonderland usually do. We definitely need to see more Oz.

ashez2ashes
Aug 15, 2012

I have to say, if the show gets canceled I don't think I'll be that bummed about it. This last arc has been terrible.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I'm be bummed because I've enjoyed it quite a bit.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
So why didn't Hook just say that Zelena has cursed him to the Charmings? I like Hook (Well, more the actor PLAYING Hook), but I thought that was a stupid turn.

It was great to see Ariel again (probably for the last time), but even better to see it was all a ruse. Illegal driving with the Charmings was entertaining too. I was hoping they'd mow down some characters.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Zelena mentioned how she had spies everywhere, and I don't think that Hook knows about the protection spell, so I'm assuming he believes that he says "Cursed" and BOOM Green Puff of Smoke dead Charming dead Snow dead Henry.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Dazerbeams posted:

I thought Rumple and Cora had a relationship right before Cora became queen and had Regina. Regina would the more likely candidate of being Rumple's daughter. Plus it makes everything even more incestuous.

It was implied that the relationship ended before the relationship got too personal (by Cora ripping out her own heart).

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
Well, it's on Cora's (heartless) word that she didn't have a child from the union.

Although if Rumple had a right to that kid, it probably should've come up during the training montage. When she was turning green and all. The little test he did with her hair and his spit was ostensibly "can you do magic" not a paternity check.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Andrew_1985 posted:

It was great to see Ariel again (probably for the last time), but even better to see it was all a ruse.

I loved Regina's reaction to Ariel: "That fish is in Storybrook?" Regina absolutely killed it this week despite barely being in the episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

Holy poo poo, Emma's on "House." :staredog:

(Just watched an episode for the first time.)

• Locked thread