Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Man of leather creaks with rust,
felled once by the fat man's thrust,
not quite knocked out, at the cusp
we all cry out as he gets up
only to receive more uppercuts.

Shambling zombie, once struck by truck,
why do you keep getting up?
Do you know what it does to us
when you are hurt by men sized plus?

Please go to nice farm like old horse-bus,
just train new fighters (no gays, you don't trust).
The plate in your shoulder is seized with rust,
your second chances have come up bust.
Your sub attempts are out of luck
because you can't wrestle with your back so hosed.

Go back to Brazil and play on sunny shores,
I don't want to see you get hurt anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

quote:

If anyone finds my poo poo around here let me know, think I lost it.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Welp.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

I appreciate the effort and will remember this somber eulogy for a long time.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

colonel_korn posted:

whatever do you mea-

hahaha, that is pretty good.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die

Ok. Close the thread. Hell, close PSP. We're done here

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
That's going in the PSP archival leather bound book.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

same, rip

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

This should be read by Buffer at the next Brazilian card.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Captain Log posted:

:respek:

Seriously, have you all ever competed in something (sport, game, dick waggering contest) where the opponent is so new, bizarre, bad, convention defying, or strange that you have no idea how to handle them? Browne has built a career off that. It's like fencing someone who suddenly starts swinging the handle end of the epee at you while hooting. What they do isn't necessarily skilled but you sure as gently caress don't know how to handle it.

In the time I've been watching Jon Jones to date I believed this about him for the first third of it, and spent the second third of it trying to believe this about him. Now I am just cold and resigned to the fate of the 205 belt :smith:

mune
Sep 23, 2006

Thrawn posted:

Hahaha, I was trying to find that gif as well, but while searching for it I stumbled across a far more disturbing pic of Travis Browne:

:nms: Click here if for some reason you feel the need to see Travis Browne in a string bikini

Thanks man. I had to go find and delete a file named travis-browne-bikini.bmp on my computer after clicking that.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
If you dont already have Tito Ortiz's dick and Brian Knobbs' rear end in a top hat saved on your computer you're not a true PSP poster.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'm looking forward to Browne vs Werdum. Both are hittable but I like Brownes chances of knocking out Werdum more than I like Werdums chances of finishing Browne.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I probably underrate Browne more than I should and overrate Werdum more than I should. As someone said before it could be a cointoss. I know don't bet on MMA is basically a mantra at this point, but betting on Heavyweights is the most insane MMA betting you can do.

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die
I feel like with all the time off we could potentially see a much improved Werdum against Browne. He looked like his striking was really starting to come around ( by mma standards), and i think i recall something about him hooking up with a new team around that same time.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

That dick is pretty small though.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Ty1990 posted:

That dick is pretty small though.

Can someone post a Ortiz/Hallman/Brown/War Machine side by side comparison photo of their genitalia so that we can decide which mma fighter's dick is smallest?

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

pitch this to chael.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Speaking of Chael he's been tweeting today about ending Rich Franklin's career and stuff.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
gently caress cung le

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
From the preview of next weeks TUF brazil, looks like Wandy may have broken his hand engaging in that slap fight with Chael, so maybe Chael is hedging his bets in case Wandy can't go in time.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
First of all, the rampant disrespect shown by new members of this forum to an absolute fighting legend like Wanderlei Silva is disgusting. Just 5 years ago, Wand was this forum's most beloved son - adored for his ALWAYS exciting bouts, his 5+ year reign of dominance in the most elite MMA organization on the planet at that time (PRIDE), and his psychotic fighting style where no matter what happened, you knew it'd be something crazy. Wand was never in a boring fight and provided fans with dozens of the most thrilled, devastating knockouts in history,

Secondly, and the reason I decided to make this post, is because ofthe blatant disrespect, trolling and disregard for a legend with a resume and style like Wanderlei Silva. Noticeably, albeit not surprisingly, almost all of these terrible posts come from the overwhelming number of new members. Yes, every group of n00bs is bad, but this is a different thing. Obviously, Chael has a schtick, much like a standup comedian.

Unfortunately, many new fans of the sport (usually low IQ, trashy, Johnny-come-lately types), take the guy's word as gospel. NONE of these people actually witnessed the history of this great sport, or saw either of these guys careers play out before their eyes. They didn't actually see how their wins and losses went down - they just hear Chael talk bad about someone, look at their fight finder or Wikipedia, and make an assumption. After making those assumptions, they go on their little forums and spout off nonsense that is essentially regurgitated garbage from a low end stand up comedy routine aimed pro wrestling fans.

So, on to the point. We can sit here and talk about the first 10 years of their careers all day - Everyone knows, and there is truly no argument, that Wanderlei has accomplished way more than Chael over the course of their careers.

Not only was Wand the 205 champ for 5+ years, he also won the prestigious fighting tournament ever at the time - the 2003 PRIDE MWGP. Featuring guys like Chuck Liddell, Rampage, Wand, Arona, Overeem, Nog, Saku, Yoshida, Busta.. etc, Wand winning this is one of the greatest accomplishments in MMA history. Think about this -guys like Chuck (the UFC's golden boy) even came to PRIDE at this time, hoping to win the biggest title in MMA. Yet, he was destroyed. In fact, Chuck was beaten by a prime Rampage in this tournament - who Wand beat mere minutes later to capture the crown.

Again, we can talk about Wand's PRIDE accomplishments all day - his wins over all time greats Sakuraba 3x, prime Hendo, Rampage (the unified PRIDE and UFC champion)... Guys like Arona, Mezger, Yoshida (Olympic gold medalist). There's also the fact that he "beat" a prime Mirko under special rules - he clearly out struck and dominated Mirko in their fight, but the rules stated it would be a draw unless it was finished.

Many credit Chael for willing to step up and take late fights (usually losing in the process). Well, let's not forget Wand's epic battle with Mark Hunt - who many, including myself, feel he won. Wanderlei took this fight on a single day's notice, despite an 80 lb weight disadvantage and the fact Mark Hunt was a prime K1 champion. When the fight actually happened, Wanderlei more than stood his ground. While getting clipped from huge haymakers that'd put almost any man in the world unconscious, he kept firing back combinations, displaying an aggressive and technical attack. Again, many think to this day Wanderlei was robbed in this fight, including Bas Rutten.

Wand's PRIDE run is just the stuff of legend. That kind of long running glory and dominance is something guys wish they could experience for even a year. During that entire time - what was Chael doing exactly? Getting finished in the UFC and scraping by in the B leagues, putting together mediocre numbers with unimpressive victories. Truthfully, until his controversial, honor-less no tap situation when he lost to Filho, nobody knew the guys name. He made his entire career off of his mouth, and that's great - more power to him. But I'm tired of people discrediting the career of one of the best ever, and putting a nobody on a pedestal because he talks just like those WWE wrestlers his fans are so fond of.

PRIDE was the top org from about 99 to 2006 and there is no disputing it. BUT obviously you guys wanna talk about "the now".. So let's take a detailed look at things. Let's examine both guys record in the UFC in the last 4 years and how their fights played out.

Since this time of year in 2010, Wand is 3-2 and has been finished once, a KO by Leben. His other loss was a decision to Franklin, in a fight where he dropped and hurt Rich bad in round 1, but gassed after going berserk trying to finish it while Rich was near out. Credit to Rich for hanging on, Wand just couldn't muster any energy after that and was outpointed and outjabbed. You gotta wonder if PRIDE rules were allowed, whether Wand would've finished Rich after dropping him. I'd say Wand's style suffers a lot due to the rules, whereas Chael's style plays well into the rule's hands.

Aside from those two losses (one where he was indeed clean KO'd, going for the kill against Leben), he has 3 wins over top opponents. All extremely thrilling bouts, with 2 big wins by come back KO.

The Bisping win was huge, as he has been top 10 forever. Wand dropped him twice and almost had a choke at the end of round 2. One of Wand's best modern day wins, he looked great and technical.

When he fought Cung, he had a sole loss at the time to a freak KO by Scott Smith. Many expected Cung to KO Wandy easily, and to their surprise his chin held up and despite getting dropped, he was able to destroy Cung in the 2nd round with one of the most violent finishes in MMA history. Many say Wand has no chin anymore, and yet since 2010 he has only been KO'd once - but against Cung and Stann, he survived several big knockdowns to come back and knock the other guy out.

The Stann fight was obviously the stuff of legend. Yet another example of why Wandy is a beloved warrior who always goes out on his shield and should be respected. Insane exchanges (I've never seen Chael put himselt at risk as many times in his career as Wand did in this fight), and like I said, Wand proved his chin to be solid still when he came back and KO'd Stann in one of the all time greatest fights EVER.

So, Wand is 3-2, with one bad loss, and three huge wins. Now let's take a look at Chael's career since the same time, modern day, 2010. When he first started to rise in the rankings as a top fighter. His wins during that span:

Nate M - a good fight where he took a lot of damage early on but came back and hurt Nate on the ground, maintaining superior positions and getting a good decision win. Many thought Nate would cruise through Chael, but he proved them wrong

Stann - this was a big deal because Chael hadn't fought in forever and he went out and proved he was trying to FINISH people, pulling off a great sub in a top contender fight. Chael's best win IMO.

Bisping - pretty good fight, extremely close with a controversial decision. I do give the nod to Chael, I guess, under the MMA scoring system (which isn't all that great, as everyone knows). This wasn't the most exciting fight in the world but Chael did enough to get the points and win.

Shogun - this also could be considered Chael's best win, as subbing Shogun is huge. However, when he subbed Stann, Stann was on a role and win streak while being considered a contender. Shogun has long been broken down and in the twilight of his career. However, Chael subbing him is still a great accomplishment.

Now let's look at his losses. This is what really hurts Chael's rep in the modern day. Chael is 1-3 in his last 4 fights, and since 2010 has suffered 4 decisive losses, all by finish. In two of those fights (Rashad/Jones) he was utterly dominated and destroyed in every way - whereas Wanderlei's lone loss by finish was a flash, one punch KO in a gun fight. Here's a look at Chael's losses since 2010, the modern day

Anderson 1 - Chael's best performance in a loss obviously. The fact he dropped Anderson was insane, but Anderson was also coming off the Maia fight where he looked terrible too. However, despite Chael dominating Anderson through most of the fight and landing over 300 punches, he never came close to finishing it and was submitted by a slick choke in round 5. A moral victory but still a decisive loss.

Anderson - round 1 Chael looked ok but eventually in round 2 was wrecked. On the feet he made mistakes like that silly backfist, and paid for it dearly. The barrage that started with Anderson's knee on the ground to the eventual finish was just brutal.

Jones - utter domination. Chael was destroyed in this fight in every way, even at his strongest ability (wresting)

Rashad - just like the Jones fight, Chael was thrashed in one of the most embarrassing losses in UFC history, legs flailing and all.

So, there we have it folks. Historically, Wanderlei is clearly the superior fighter, with more accomplishments, championships, accolades and meaningful victories - some over all time greats. We all agree on that. However, you guys said Chael in the now has been doing better than Wanderlei.. I don't really think so.

In this decade, since 2010, Chael is 4-4, with a few good wins but losses where he was completely outclassed, outskilled, outworked and beaten to a pulp. Wanderlei is 3-2, with his three wins all being huge, enthralling, and despite Wanderlei being a big underdog in each fight. He lost cleanly and fairly to Leben with a HUGE punch, and was outjabbed and outpointed by Rich after emptying the tank completely in an effort to end it.

Honestly, from a nonbiased, non fanboy perspective, I don't see how you can argue that Chael's current UFC run is somehow, in any way, superior to Wand's. He hasn't really done anything too remarkable, whereas in his losses, the remarkable thing was just how terrible he looked and got beat up.

Wanderlei is the superior fighter historically and in the modern day. I truly think that without his TRT, Chael is going to get destroyed in their fight. Wandy's sweeps and takedown defense are underrated.. In his last 3 fights, Wandy has had some huge moments where he dropped guys HARD, and finished them all except Franklin. Chael's last 4 featured him losing in 3 of those bouts, with 2 bad, bad losses, where he was completely beaten in every way in the first round.

I really do think Wanderlei has a great chance of beating him and will put money down in Vegas on this one. Anyway, to anyone who took the time to actually read, dissect and look into this post, I salute you. Obviously there is nothing stated here but facts and any fan of MMA who has seen these fights knows this is just the way things happened. I'd love to see anyone say and prove otherwise.

One line, one sentence, meaningless troll posts won't even be acknowledged, but if anyone wants to debate the subject at hand with actual facts, please entertain me. I'd love for ANY Chael fan boy to break down exactly how and why Chael is the superior fighter in ANY way, shape, or form. Until then... Enjoy the free history lesson.

:ssh: sherdog

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

1st AD posted:

First of all, the rampant disrespect shown by new members of this forum to an absolute fighting legend like Wanderlei Silva is disgusting. Just 5 years ago, Wand was this forum's most beloved son - adored for his ALWAYS exciting bouts, his 5+ year reign of dominance in the most elite MMA organization on the planet at that time (PRIDE), and his psychotic fighting style where no matter what happened, you knew it'd be something crazy. Wand was never in a boring fight and provided fans with dozens of the most thrilled, devastating knockouts in history,

Secondly, and the reason I decided to make this post, is because ofthe blatant disrespect, trolling and disregard for a legend with a resume and style like Wanderlei Silva. Noticeably, albeit not surprisingly, almost all of these terrible posts come from the overwhelming number of new members. Yes, every group of n00bs is bad, but this is a different thing. Obviously, Chael has a schtick, much like a standup comedian.

Unfortunately, many new fans of the sport (usually low IQ, trashy, Johnny-come-lately types), take the guy's word as gospel. NONE of these people actually witnessed the history of this great sport, or saw either of these guys careers play out before their eyes. They didn't actually see how their wins and losses went down - they just hear Chael talk bad about someone, look at their fight finder or Wikipedia, and make an assumption. After making those assumptions, they go on their little forums and spout off nonsense that is essentially regurgitated garbage from a low end stand up comedy routine aimed pro wrestling fans.

So, on to the point. We can sit here and talk about the first 10 years of their careers all day - Everyone knows, and there is truly no argument, that Wanderlei has accomplished way more than Chael over the course of their careers.

Not only was Wand the 205 champ for 5+ years, he also won the prestigious fighting tournament ever at the time - the 2003 PRIDE MWGP. Featuring guys like Chuck Liddell, Rampage, Wand, Arona, Overeem, Nog, Saku, Yoshida, Busta.. etc, Wand winning this is one of the greatest accomplishments in MMA history. Think about this -guys like Chuck (the UFC's golden boy) even came to PRIDE at this time, hoping to win the biggest title in MMA. Yet, he was destroyed. In fact, Chuck was beaten by a prime Rampage in this tournament - who Wand beat mere minutes later to capture the crown.

Again, we can talk about Wand's PRIDE accomplishments all day - his wins over all time greats Sakuraba 3x, prime Hendo, Rampage (the unified PRIDE and UFC champion)... Guys like Arona, Mezger, Yoshida (Olympic gold medalist). There's also the fact that he "beat" a prime Mirko under special rules - he clearly out struck and dominated Mirko in their fight, but the rules stated it would be a draw unless it was finished.

Many credit Chael for willing to step up and take late fights (usually losing in the process). Well, let's not forget Wand's epic battle with Mark Hunt - who many, including myself, feel he won. Wanderlei took this fight on a single day's notice, despite an 80 lb weight disadvantage and the fact Mark Hunt was a prime K1 champion. When the fight actually happened, Wanderlei more than stood his ground. While getting clipped from huge haymakers that'd put almost any man in the world unconscious, he kept firing back combinations, displaying an aggressive and technical attack. Again, many think to this day Wanderlei was robbed in this fight, including Bas Rutten.

Wand's PRIDE run is just the stuff of legend. That kind of long running glory and dominance is something guys wish they could experience for even a year. During that entire time - what was Chael doing exactly? Getting finished in the UFC and scraping by in the B leagues, putting together mediocre numbers with unimpressive victories. Truthfully, until his controversial, honor-less no tap situation when he lost to Filho, nobody knew the guys name. He made his entire career off of his mouth, and that's great - more power to him. But I'm tired of people discrediting the career of one of the best ever, and putting a nobody on a pedestal because he talks just like those WWE wrestlers his fans are so fond of.

PRIDE was the top org from about 99 to 2006 and there is no disputing it. BUT obviously you guys wanna talk about "the now".. So let's take a detailed look at things. Let's examine both guys record in the UFC in the last 4 years and how their fights played out.

Since this time of year in 2010, Wand is 3-2 and has been finished once, a KO by Leben. His other loss was a decision to Franklin, in a fight where he dropped and hurt Rich bad in round 1, but gassed after going berserk trying to finish it while Rich was near out. Credit to Rich for hanging on, Wand just couldn't muster any energy after that and was outpointed and outjabbed. You gotta wonder if PRIDE rules were allowed, whether Wand would've finished Rich after dropping him. I'd say Wand's style suffers a lot due to the rules, whereas Chael's style plays well into the rule's hands.

Aside from those two losses (one where he was indeed clean KO'd, going for the kill against Leben), he has 3 wins over top opponents. All extremely thrilling bouts, with 2 big wins by come back KO.

The Bisping win was huge, as he has been top 10 forever. Wand dropped him twice and almost had a choke at the end of round 2. One of Wand's best modern day wins, he looked great and technical.

When he fought Cung, he had a sole loss at the time to a freak KO by Scott Smith. Many expected Cung to KO Wandy easily, and to their surprise his chin held up and despite getting dropped, he was able to destroy Cung in the 2nd round with one of the most violent finishes in MMA history. Many say Wand has no chin anymore, and yet since 2010 he has only been KO'd once - but against Cung and Stann, he survived several big knockdowns to come back and knock the other guy out.

The Stann fight was obviously the stuff of legend. Yet another example of why Wandy is a beloved warrior who always goes out on his shield and should be respected. Insane exchanges (I've never seen Chael put himselt at risk as many times in his career as Wand did in this fight), and like I said, Wand proved his chin to be solid still when he came back and KO'd Stann in one of the all time greatest fights EVER.

So, Wand is 3-2, with one bad loss, and three huge wins. Now let's take a look at Chael's career since the same time, modern day, 2010. When he first started to rise in the rankings as a top fighter. His wins during that span:

Nate M - a good fight where he took a lot of damage early on but came back and hurt Nate on the ground, maintaining superior positions and getting a good decision win. Many thought Nate would cruise through Chael, but he proved them wrong

Stann - this was a big deal because Chael hadn't fought in forever and he went out and proved he was trying to FINISH people, pulling off a great sub in a top contender fight. Chael's best win IMO.

Bisping - pretty good fight, extremely close with a controversial decision. I do give the nod to Chael, I guess, under the MMA scoring system (which isn't all that great, as everyone knows). This wasn't the most exciting fight in the world but Chael did enough to get the points and win.

Shogun - this also could be considered Chael's best win, as subbing Shogun is huge. However, when he subbed Stann, Stann was on a role and win streak while being considered a contender. Shogun has long been broken down and in the twilight of his career. However, Chael subbing him is still a great accomplishment.

Now let's look at his losses. This is what really hurts Chael's rep in the modern day. Chael is 1-3 in his last 4 fights, and since 2010 has suffered 4 decisive losses, all by finish. In two of those fights (Rashad/Jones) he was utterly dominated and destroyed in every way - whereas Wanderlei's lone loss by finish was a flash, one punch KO in a gun fight. Here's a look at Chael's losses since 2010, the modern day

Anderson 1 - Chael's best performance in a loss obviously. The fact he dropped Anderson was insane, but Anderson was also coming off the Maia fight where he looked terrible too. However, despite Chael dominating Anderson through most of the fight and landing over 300 punches, he never came close to finishing it and was submitted by a slick choke in round 5. A moral victory but still a decisive loss.

Anderson - round 1 Chael looked ok but eventually in round 2 was wrecked. On the feet he made mistakes like that silly backfist, and paid for it dearly. The barrage that started with Anderson's knee on the ground to the eventual finish was just brutal.

Jones - utter domination. Chael was destroyed in this fight in every way, even at his strongest ability (wresting)

Rashad - just like the Jones fight, Chael was thrashed in one of the most embarrassing losses in UFC history, legs flailing and all.

So, there we have it folks. Historically, Wanderlei is clearly the superior fighter, with more accomplishments, championships, accolades and meaningful victories - some over all time greats. We all agree on that. However, you guys said Chael in the now has been doing better than Wanderlei.. I don't really think so.

In this decade, since 2010, Chael is 4-4, with a few good wins but losses where he was completely outclassed, outskilled, outworked and beaten to a pulp. Wanderlei is 3-2, with his three wins all being huge, enthralling, and despite Wanderlei being a big underdog in each fight. He lost cleanly and fairly to Leben with a HUGE punch, and was outjabbed and outpointed by Rich after emptying the tank completely in an effort to end it.

Honestly, from a nonbiased, non fanboy perspective, I don't see how you can argue that Chael's current UFC run is somehow, in any way, superior to Wand's. He hasn't really done anything too remarkable, whereas in his losses, the remarkable thing was just how terrible he looked and got beat up.

Wanderlei is the superior fighter historically and in the modern day. I truly think that without his TRT, Chael is going to get destroyed in their fight. Wandy's sweeps and takedown defense are underrated.. In his last 3 fights, Wandy has had some huge moments where he dropped guys HARD, and finished them all except Franklin. Chael's last 4 featured him losing in 3 of those bouts, with 2 bad, bad losses, where he was completely beaten in every way in the first round.

I really do think Wanderlei has a great chance of beating him and will put money down in Vegas on this one. Anyway, to anyone who took the time to actually read, dissect and look into this post, I salute you. Obviously there is nothing stated here but facts and any fan of MMA who has seen these fights knows this is just the way things happened. I'd love to see anyone say and prove otherwise.

One line, one sentence, meaningless troll posts won't even be acknowledged, but if anyone wants to debate the subject at hand with actual facts, please entertain me. I'd love for ANY Chael fan boy to break down exactly how and why Chael is the superior fighter in ANY way, shape, or form. Until then... Enjoy the free history lesson.

:ssh: sherdog

Could you link the post please? I'd love to see peoples responses.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/wanderlei-chael-both-all-time-currently-heres-why-facts-2715407/

red19fire
May 26, 2010

At first I thought that was from Socrates' meltdown thread with Wanderlei replacing Fedor. And then I thought it was parody. And then I saw the length of it and it dawned on me: it's real, from sherdog :stare:

red19fire fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Apr 14, 2014

Ein
Feb 27, 2002

Captain Log posted:

:respek:

Seriously, have you all ever competed in something (sport, game, dick waggering contest) where the opponent is so new, bizarre, bad, convention defying, or strange that you have no idea how to handle them? Browne has built a career off that. It's like fencing someone who suddenly starts swinging the handle end of the epee at you while hooting. What they do isn't necessarily skilled but you sure as gently caress don't know how to handle it.

A buddy of mine found great success in fencing by doing everything wrong with his really dumb style. He had a twitchy posture and form that you'd expect from a boxer, and his preferred distance to his opponent was also that of a boxer and that's completely retarded with a three feet long epee. Some people he won against had meltdowns, it was really funny.

He got on the national team though, but at that level of competition it didn't work as well because they were better at stopping him from coming in, just like how weirdo styles in MMA might not work all that well in the UFC. Browne's gonna lose.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Ein posted:

just like how weirdo styles in MMA might not work all that well in the UFC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_io8YI6w7k

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Ein posted:

Browne's gonna lose.

You know this isn't his first UFC fight against a top opponent, right? Werdum beat Big Nog, Big Country, and Mike Russow in this UFC run. Browne's last two wins were over Barnett and Overeem. He may lose but it's not because Werdum is his first fight against a high-level "fencer".

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
I like how the first guy to attempt to call him out on his bullshit couldn't string a logical sentence together.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
http://youtu.be/Bo2_iY0_x3Y

Wanderlei/Chael confrontation. I was doubtful from the gifs, but that convinces me. I'll be so disappointed if it comes out it was a set-up.

raingwc
Feb 28, 2008

Nibbles141 posted:

http://youtu.be/Bo2_iY0_x3Y

Wanderlei/Chael confrontation. I was doubtful from the gifs, but that convinces me. I'll be so disappointed if it comes out it was a set-up.

Look at the tape at their feet, markers for where they should stand for best light and camera angles. Probably setup, yes.

gunblade
Sep 1, 2008

-Just lucky, I guess
I like how it's not the fact that there were several camera crews present, not that everyone was wearing microphones, not that they were in a tv-studio, but the fact that were were tape markings on the floor that makes you and others I've seen today suspicious that this was set up.

The tape was indeed there for them to have the best light and camera angles, but only because they were about to film a weigh-in. It is incredibly common.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
those sandals from chael

edit: i haven't been watching this but how do sonnen's fighters feel about being on his team?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

If it was a setup don't you think that they'd find a better place to do that than the concrete?

And if it was a setup why the gently caress would Andre Dida fly in and punch Chael in the back of the head?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Ein posted:

A buddy of mine found great success in fencing by doing everything wrong with his really dumb style. He had a twitchy posture and form that you'd expect from a boxer, and his preferred distance to his opponent was also that of a boxer and that's completely retarded with a three feet long epee. Some people he won against had meltdowns, it was really funny.

He got on the national team though, but at that level of competition it didn't work as well because they were better at stopping him from coming in, just like how weirdo styles in MMA might not work all that well in the UFC. Browne's gonna lose.

This guy wouldn't have competed in the South around 2001-2003, would he? I may be over ten years removed from my fencing days but I remember there was a guy we hated that I nicknamed the "Spazz-ado." It stuck.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

raingwc posted:

Look at the tape at their feet, markers for where they should stand for best light and camera angles. Probably setup, yes.

I'm not even saying its real but there are a million reasons they'd have markers down to set up a million different shots. This isn't unique to fake fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed
I doubt it was a set up but I haven't actually seen it so I guess I'll have to buy fight pass and actually watch this poo poo.

• Locked thread