Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Chael shouldn't cleverly talk poo poo to that infantile retard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Eh, it's not Chael's fault that Wanderlei showed up drunk

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i haven't watched it but there are no parts of my head i would want andre dida to punch, especially the back

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Yeah, it doesn't seem like a setup. The necklaces they are wearing all the time are the mics. they have those on all the time. They were getting ready to film the weigh ins, so everyone would be ready to go. This was just Chael trying to make things cordial with a drunk guy with predictable results.

Besides, if Chael was expecting a fight he wouldn't be wearing those flip flops.

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

Was it known that Wanderlei was some kind of flakey alcoholic before this? I'd always thought he was just a punchdrunk caveman.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache
If you watch Wanderlei while they are on the ground, he appears to be elbowing Chael's head with some enthusiasm. That, coupled with the Andre Dida thing, makes this pretty real to me.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
If it was real and prepared there is no way it goes down looking that silly. The Chael who shows up on fight day is incapable of pushing in such a effete manner.

Ein
Feb 27, 2002

Captain Log posted:

This guy wouldn't have competed in the South around 2001-2003, would he? I may be over ten years removed from my fencing days but I remember there was a guy we hated that I nicknamed the "Spazz-ado." It stuck.

It was in Northern Europe, but the time period is about right. The post was just about a weirdo style with something about MMA at the end so it wouldn't completely off-topic.

I'd like to see Barnett/Nelson though, just to see how Barnett would do in that fight.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Holy poo poo Chael is gold as always in that clip. He's like a calm adult talking with a retarded child.

".....but do you know when that date is?"

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

if that was fake then they did a real bad job of it, what with chael getting cut open and wanderlei injuring himself.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

It just never ceases to make me chuckle about how Wanderlai apparently wants to beat the poo poo out of Chael so bad...but then he's had literally 3 or 4 chances before and he ducked him each time.

If you duck somebody, especially multiple times, you can't talk poo poo...you loving retard.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Ein posted:

I'd like to see Barnett/Nelson though, just to see how Barnett would do in that fight.

With the usual proviso that heavyweights can lose by knockout at any time, watch Barnett/Mir and imagine Barnett with a much larger advantage in size and strength over his opponent. Big Country seems all but impossible to knock out, so he'd probably spend three rounds getting pummeled along the fence and come out for a 30-27 loss looking like somebody threw him in a wood chipper.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I know a couple of us are going to the Orlando fights this weekend, any interest in a meetup before hand? My wife and I will be driving in from Georgia that day and I'll be ready for a beer or eight after tollroad Hell. Let me know here in a PM or on Twitter @beghead and if there's enough interest, I'll try to find a good place close to Amway Center. First round's on me.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Barnett is nowhere near stupid enough to get hit by the B(fat)RH. I don't think big Nog is really that stupid either but he's in the ballpark so when he got battered a few times he did end up stupid enough. You could probably put Barnett through a threshing machine and the gross bits that pop out the other end would still know how to beat Roy.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I think Werdum/Barnett is an interesting fight that I would like to see.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
On that note, Jack Slack wrote a breakdown of the fight and why Big Nog was going to eat those right hands even if he wasn't at the end of his career.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

david carmichael posted:

I think Werdum/Barnett is an interesting fight that I would like to see.

I agree. Both are good on the ground, competent standing, and can keep a decent pace for heavyweights.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

beggar posted:

I know a couple of us are going to the Orlando fights this weekend, any interest in a meetup before hand? My wife and I will be driving in from Georgia that day and I'll be ready for a beer or eight after tollroad Hell. Let me know here in a PM or on Twitter @beghead and if there's enough interest, I'll try to find a good place close to Amway Center. First round's on me.

My girl and I would most likely be down. We'll be in Orlando for the weekend staying with my folks so we planned on getting there early to pregame and watch the prelims.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

beggar posted:

I'm meeting up with Mr. Nice! in Tallahassee (And probably also gonna say hi to awesome candy-man Leroy Diplowski at his shop) on Friday before heading to the weigh-ins and such, but I'm down to say hello to goons.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Mr. Nice! will get extremely drunk and attempt to wrestle or just innappropriately touch you if you are a man. Fair warning.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

maffew buildings posted:

Mr. Nice! will get extremely drunk and attempt to wrestle or just innappropriately touch you if you are a man. Fair warning.

I am not, so I should be safe, yes?

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

-Atom- posted:

I'm a dumb man and can't come up with a witty title for a card that features Bisping vs. an American solider.

http://mmajunkie.com/events/tuf-nations-finale

Things to consider: Card is hella good, on a Wednesday, and features TUF Nation finalists that I'm not convinced anyone actually watched.

The final fight ended in a Von Flue choke from half-guard, which really sums up the season pretty well.

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!

raingwc posted:

Look at the tape at their feet, markers for where they should stand for best light and camera angles. Probably setup, yes.

I thinks thats the marker they use to position everybody for filming the weigh in. But I'm surprised nobody got in the middle before the push and the attempted bitch slap.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

There is a thread dedicated to Brazil TUF.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Fozzy The Bear posted:

There is a thread dedicated to Brazil TUF.

Sorry I interrupted the discussion of Chael and Wanderleis scuffle.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
If Wandy's out, he gets to look like a moron and Chael gets to fight someone who isn't worthless, and if he's still good to go we get to seem him get beat up. It's a win-win.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

quote:

@MMAFighting 8m
Gabriel Gonzaga to undergo another hand surgery, targets late 2014 for return (@guicruzzz) http://sbn.to/1iPmBHb

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

LobsterMobster posted:

I am not, so I should be safe, yes?

correct. this was a warning to the other posters who might think a goon meet is a good idea,because you will get molested by a drunken bearded sailor boy

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

maffew buildings posted:

correct. this was a warning to the other posters who might think a goon meet is a good idea,because you will get molested by a drunken bearded sailor boy

Someone sounds lonely.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
Can someone fill me in as to why everyone is convinced Wanderlei is no match for Chael? The only Wanderlei fight I've seen is against Brian Stann but if nothing else, he at least looked like he's quite capable of knocking Chael out. Meanwhile Sonnen can't use TRT anymore and his last and only win in a long time has been against a way past his prime Shogun.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Senjuro posted:

Can someone fill me in as to why everyone is convinced Wanderlei is no match for Chael? The only Wanderlei fight I've seen is against Brian Stann but if nothing else, he at least looked like he's quite capable of knocking Chael out. Meanwhile Sonnen can't use TRT anymore and his last and only win in a long time has been against a way past his prime Shogun.

Shogun is much better and much less washed up than Wanderlei in basically every way.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Senjuro posted:

Probably because Chael would take him down right away and lay on him which makes throwing wild haymakers difficult.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

Trast posted:

Probably because Chael would take him down right away and lay on him which makes throwing wild haymakers difficult.

Even when he takes people down he still manages to get caught in submissions a lot.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed
^Wanderlei doesn't submit people though except for almost Bisping that one time.

Senjuro posted:

Sure, it's possible Wandy can knock Chael out, but more than likely Chael is gonna immediately take him down and give him more coverage of the canvas than the Expendables 3 logo.

MycroftXXX fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Apr 14, 2014

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

I have no idea how UFC manages to have heavyweight fights at all. The only have like 20 of them on the roster and half are near death, injured, or suspended. Can you even name 10 heavyweights that are active right now? Uhhh...

MycroftXXX posted:

Sure, it's possible Wandy can knock Chael out,

I'm not so sure of that to be honest. Chael could most likely take one of those awful haymakers. He got finished by Shad and Jones but he never got his lights shut off. A wobbly Sonnen is still strong enough to drive Wanderlei down to the canvas.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm alright with Chael wrestling him into paste but it'd be even more amazing for Chael to catch him with a well placed baby punch for the KO.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Senjuro posted:

Watch Chael vs Brian Stann if you want to know what will happen in Chael vs Wanderlei.

e: or maybe Chael vs Bisping would be a better one

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
It would have to be really on the button to put Chael completely out, but Wanderlei can probably swarm impressively enough to get a stoppage if the opportunity arose. The catch is that such an opportunity is never gonna arise because Chael knows his game and he plays it like it's going out of style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Senjuro posted:

Even when he takes people down he still manages to get caught in submissions a lot.

And when was the last time Wand submitted someone? And Chael hasn't been caught in a sub since his first Silva fight, almost 4 years ago. Not saying you're wrong, he's got avenues to win, I just wouldn't expect it to go down like that.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 14, 2014

• Locked thread