Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

rats off to ya posted:

Will Pellegrini get the axe if City finish third?

Probably not. City are desperate to cling on to poo poo managers to prove they're not chelsea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
Do you reckon Gerrard punched somebody when the post match music at Anfield wasn't Phil Collins?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

rats off to ya posted:

I seem to recall last year they said as long as they win at least one trophy per year, the manager's job won't be in danger.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
http://www.thefa.com/news/the-fa-cup/2014/apr/arsenal-wigan-athletic-fa-cup-report1204

The FA posted:

Gibbs’ shot skipped up off the Wembley turf and directly into the big German’s path – who was able to head home from three yards out.

Please note that it was Oxcham, and not gibbs who took that shot. :shepface:

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Did Andre Marriner write that article?

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
If when Arsenal finish 5th and lose the FA Cup final will Arsene finally walk? I'd assume he'd be kicked at that stage

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

If when Arsenal finish 5th and lose the FA Cup final will Arsene finally walk? I'd assume he'd be kicked at that stage

Honestly it's probably up to him. I think he will step down after this season regardless of what happens.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

blue footed boobie posted:

Honestly it's probably up to him. I think he will step down after this season regardless of what happens.

If Arsene walks, Alan Pardew will be the longest serving manager in the Premier League. Think about that everyone.

If he gets fired then it's Big Sam, if he also gets fired then it'll be Nigel Pearson coming up with Leicester.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

That has got to be self aware, or at least the work experience kid writing it

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

rats off to ya posted:

If they can find someone better I'm sure they will get sack him without thinking twice.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
City fans are just happy to be in the premier league, they watched their team lose away to Ilkeston in the pouring rain just a few years ago, after all.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
City would be pretty stupid to sack Pellegrini. One of the big advantages Liverpool had over City and Chelsea was not having to gel a team with a new manager. If they'd sack him they'd be back where they were start of this season dropping a few crucial points where they needn't.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Pellegrini is also a pretty classy dude, unlike most people.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Xabi posted:

Pellegrini is also a pretty classy dude, unlike most people.

He's a loving old oval office actually. In other Pardew news he might be close to losing the dressing room. Some of the players have become annoyed that he didn't drop Ben Arfa after Ben Arfa ranted at him after the Man utd loss blaming him for the loss of form of Yanga-Mbiwa and Marveaux

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I'm amazed he hasnt lost it months ago. Unless its all just a media conspiracy.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Jose when I was up in newcastle a few months ago everyone I knew who was a newcastle fan told me the same thing - Pardew wont be sacked or quit because he has massive gambling debts to Ashley, and he's working them off. Is there any truth to that or is it all bollocks. I got told it by a few different season ticket holders, and then by an old man with his dogs who stopped me when I was posing outside the stadium. Heres the pic of me posing

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
So we're gonna need 8 new players and a new manager. It's going to be a depressing summer because who would want to manage us/manage under Ashley, and who would want to play for us.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Taff for NUFC player/manager

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I've never heard anything about Pardew having gambling debts to Ashley, it seems a bit of a weird conspiracy. Pardew probably won't be sacked or leave because he's in a fairly safe position job wise since so long as we finish around top 10 Ashley will be happy.

Players sign for clubs with mental owners all the time I doubt its really an issue

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Arsene and pellegrini aren't even in the top ten of managers likely to leave. Sherwood is 5/2 then all the relegation candidates plus Moyes

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Arsene 25/1, could be worth a punt ???? As a successor is prob lined up

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I think arsene will go in the summer, hopefully after winning the FA cup so it's on a high point. I love him to bits but he's getting on abit and the team has been stagnating badly for a while.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I think arsene will go in the summer, hopefully after winning the FA cup so it's on a high point. I love him to bits but he's getting on abit and the team has been stagnating badly for a while.

I wonder who could replace him...

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Pissflaps posted:

I wonder who could replace him...

yer mam

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

Taff posted:

Pardew wont be sacked or quit because he has massive gambling debts to Ashley, and he's working them off.

That's a lovely photo but similar to Jose I've never heard anyone say this irl either. In fact I think the only place I've heard it is here by you.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Steves Asleep posted:

That's a lovely photo but similar to Jose I've never heard anyone say this irl either. In fact I think the only place I've heard it is here by you.

I'd just like to state for the record that its only a rumour I heard and isnt direct from my itk sources.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I can't imagine how huge these debts would be than they would be worth more than the cost of a failing premier league manager.

I think Ashley is happy for Newcastle to bumble along indefinitely midtable but if that status was threatened I think he'd make a change.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I've said it but I'm a noted ABAP

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

I think Ashley is happy for Newcastle to bumble along indefinitely midtable but if that status was threatened I think he'd make a change.

One of the more conservative pissflap predictions

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

everyone at work has suddenly revealed themselves to be a liverpool fan. its the worst.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

mynameisjohn posted:

everyone at work has suddenly revealed themselves to be a liverpool fan. its the worst.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Last time I was in Newcastle a Newcastle fan told me Andy Carroll had to leave Newcastle because he'd "got involved" with a "gypsy girl" and now the rest of her family were "coming to get him".

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Hoops posted:

Last time I was in Newcastle a Newcastle fan told me Andy Carroll had to leave Newcastle because he'd "got involved" with a "gypsy girl" and now the rest of her family were "coming to get him".

There was a very similar story about Jonathan Woodgate when he left Boro for Spurs in 2008.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Hoops posted:

Hmm so Andy Carroll is afraid of mirrors, interesting

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Do supporters of other historically successful clubs have really high expectations too or is it just Newcastle fans?

Do Wolves, Blackburn, Leeds and Forest supporters think they deserve to be in Europe?

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
I was going to ask you how you'd feel if Chelsea dropped out the top 6 but then I realised you said historically successful.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Do supporters of other historically successful clubs have really high expectations too or is it just Newcastle fans?

Do Wolves, Blackburn, Leeds and Forest supporters think they deserve to be in Europe?

Leeds do deserve to be in Europe

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

when were newcastle successful

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Eau de MacGowan posted:

when were newcastle successful

They won the Intertoto Cup!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.

Blue Screen Error posted:

Leeds do deserve to be in Europe

Leeds supporters don't

• Locked thread