Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

So, since I got my 3DS I've tried to keep my StreetPass message/Mii Sentai themed. I had a Pirate Hat with "Gokai Change!" and then the T-Rex Mask with "Kyoryu Change!" But I don't have any Train themed stuff to transition to TQG. :( I've thought about going Strawberry Hat and "Ichigo Arms," but that'd mess up my theme. It's a real problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Just saw Gobusters vs. Kyoryugers and wasn't a fan. There really was too much going on with the Gobusters feeling out of place in their own movie because of it. Final fight was pretty ugly too with all the bad CGI. I've been saying this pretty much since the Sentai/Kamen Rider war movie but they really need to dial these back to just being two teams at a time, any more and it just doesn't work.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Solaris Knight posted:

Man, I really should watch Gobus, given how it's not gonna get adapted any time soon. But I barely have enough attention span for two series at a time :ohdear:

Feel free to drop ToQGer for it.

Cliff Racer posted:

Just saw Gobusters vs. Kyoryugers and wasn't a fan. There really was too much going on with the Gobusters feeling out of place in their own movie because of it. Final fight was pretty ugly too with all the bad CGI. I've been saying this pretty much since the Sentai/Kamen Rider war movie but they really need to dial these back to just being two teams at a time, any more and it just doesn't work.

I know what I wrote in the featured image (which was specifically to piss off a certain class of subhuman), but it actually wasn't a Go-Busters movie. The yearly VS is always firmly the movie of the currently running series, and it merely features the return of last year's poo poo. This time though, while it's super couched in the import of dinosaurs, the Kyoryugers were basically useless, aside from Torin. The Spec Ops team may not have been standing front and center (aside from a certain member), but they certainly saved the day. It's a moral victory, if nothing else.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
But I'm enjoying Tokkyuger too, and I'm especially excited for 6's eventual debut

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

AzraelNewtype posted:

I know what I wrote in the featured image (which was specifically to piss off a certain class of subhuman), but it actually wasn't a Go-Busters movie. The yearly VS is always firmly the movie of the currently running series, and it merely features the return of last year's poo poo. This time though, while it's super couched in the import of dinosaurs, the Kyoryugers were basically useless, aside from Torin. The Spec Ops team may not have been standing front and center (aside from a certain member), but they certainly saved the day. It's a moral victory, if nothing else.

Maybe, but half of last year's poo poo didn't even return this time around. Gorisaki and whats his name the rabbit were completely missing aside from the battle bras, the two non-commander support characters didn't show up, all of their bots sans Li-Oh were no-where to be seen, concepts like hyperspace, etc. I mean yeah Kyouryugers can be the more prominent of the two teams but in better versus movies (Shinken versus Goonger being the one that immediately comes to mind) both teams have their concepts and details explored. Dare I say that the Gobusters got less in this than the Goseigers did in Gokaiger Vs. Super Sentai. I suppose they did save the day with Li-Oh, who actually looked pretty good next to the Kyouryugers's mechs.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

That's really weird. I just tried downloading the Gobus Kyoryu thing on two different Operating Systems and tried a bunch of different (updated) players and I'm getting no audio whatsoever.

I tried it on Windows with the latest CCCP, VLC and WMP, and on OSX with the latest MPX.

I'm gonna double-check for updates and download the 720p to see if it's my computer.

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Apr 14, 2014

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Cliff Racer posted:

Maybe, but half of last year's poo poo didn't even return this time around. Gorisaki and whats his name the rabbit were completely missing aside from the battle bras, the two non-commander support characters didn't show up, all of their bots sans Li-Oh were no-where to be seen, concepts like hyperspace, etc. I mean yeah Kyouryugers can be the more prominent of the two teams but in better versus movies (Shinken versus Goonger being the one that immediately comes to mind) both teams have their concepts and details explored. Dare I say that the Gobusters got less in this than the Goseigers did in Gokaiger Vs. Super Sentai. I suppose they did save the day with Li-Oh, who actually looked pretty good next to the Kyouryugers's mechs.

It's an hour long movie about the 3 Sino sentai's anniversary. I'm glad Go-Busters got one more chance to shine. And Gokaiger was celebrating ALL of Sentai. Expectations mayne. I'm sure if it was like Goseiger vs Go Busters then they would maybe do what you wanted.

Also once again awesome movie I got to see the zyurangers and daizyujin in HD. And see J lead his Go busters one last time!

RBX fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Apr 14, 2014

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Wow, that was a mess. Continuity errors, stupid time travel plots, and inconsistent powers abounded.

And yet somehow it was really enjoyable. Apart from the mecha fight, that was awful.

That dance segment at the end could've redeemed any bad movie. Look at Enter, he's having the time of his life!

That said, what came after that was the worst part of the movie, even worse than the mecha fight. I may just have gotten accustomed, but the ToQgers came as even more retarded here than in the actual series, and that comedy track on the background did not help. Furthermore, you would think Neo-motherfucking-Messiah would've been an important plot point, but nope, used for comedy. What the gently caress, Toei? What the gently caress? If I had watched this before watching ToQger's first episode, I would not have watched the latter at all.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Blaze Dragon posted:

That said, what came after that was the worst part of the movie, even worse than the mecha fight. I may just have gotten accustomed, but the ToQgers came as even more retarded here than in the actual series, and that comedy track on the background did not help. Furthermore, you would think Neo-motherfucking-Messiah would've been an important plot point, but nope, used for comedy. What the gently caress, Toei? What the gently caress? If I had watched this before watching ToQger's first episode, I would not have watched the latter at all.[/spoiler]

It's almost as if the previewing team is kind of not exactly 100% finished in the thing filmed before their show started and the production team is trying to hype them up as much as possible!

No seriously this is a thing in ANY toku show that has a preview of the next team/rider in it. Eiji in W: A to Z. Gentarou in OOO's movie. The Go-busters fighting Basco to a standstill in the Goesiger VS Gokai movie.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

I started watching KamenRider W recently, and can I just say I think the fact that phillip just passes out when ever they henshin is stupid and is really killing the show for me?

Rei_
May 16, 2004

He's not passing out his body is just being temporarily discarded so he can kick things in the face

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

lemonslol posted:

I started watching KamenRider W recently, and can I just say I think the fact that phillip just passes out when ever they henshin is stupid and is really killing the show for me?

He's not "just passing out" though. Did you not notice they both control one half of W?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

lemonslol posted:

Don't worry, it makes sense later.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

lemonslol posted:

Can I just say I think the fact that people randomly use "henshin" is stupid and really kills my ability to read their posts?

Rei_
May 16, 2004

I updated everything again and now I can get the audio to play on the thing, but if I move forward or backward on the track I lose audio and can't get it back without entirely restarting the file over.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Rei_ posted:

I updated everything again and now I can get the audio to play on the thing, but if I move forward or backward on the track I lose audio and can't get it back without entirely restarting the file over.

I don't know what's causing this problem, and I honestly am way over trying to deal with whatever has gone wrong with wavpack support in the past couple months. Anybody who has this problem, there is now an alternative. Apple's AAC encoder should easily be transparent at this quality level, and it'll even save you 625mb in the process.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Sorry, I'm expressing frustration with the format and the software really. I hope it doesn't come across like I'm complaining at the subbers directly.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
It's not even my file, but you'll note the comments are full of basically the same problem, and I'm kind of over lossless audio on the whole. Nuking it is probably for the best.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

SpazmasterX posted:

He's not "just passing out" though. Did you not notice they both control one half of W?

I understand that, but he just passes out where ever he is. It's not like he disappears or something he just drops, he also doesn't assume some safe position to pass out on, he just drops.

e: to all the spergs that are complaining about henshin. It's not like the show has subtitles or something so I can know what they are actually saying

gay for gacha fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Apr 14, 2014

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Philip literally doesn't care. Time spent preparing a safe zone is time he could be spending researching the mating habits of penguins or whatever.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

lemonslol posted:

e: to all the spergs that are complaining about henshin. It's not like the show has subtitles or something so I can know what they are actually saying

Ummmmmmm

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

lemonslol posted:

I understand that, but he just passes out where ever he is. It's not like he disappears or something he just drops, he also doesn't assume some safe position to pass out on, he just drops.

If there's one thing you should have picked up on about Phillip's character is that he really doesn't care. He's kind of a rude, to the point, weirdo and doesn't give much to anything that's not Shotaro, the current case, or his topic of the day.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Sometimes you wanna go...
http://megabeastempire.wordpress.com/2014/04/14/after-v-01/

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
Next episode of Garo is out as well. I'm enjoying this season quite a bit so far, Raiga's shaping up to be a really good lead, and Crow looks like he could be interesting too. The line about powerful mystic rainments did make me roll my eyes a bit because I knew exactly what was coming, but I suppose it could have been a lot worse.

Gotenks0053
Sep 2, 2011
Twisty, you still selling that Fang memory? I never got an email from you about it, and was wondering if you already sold it or not.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Red who's way too into being the new Leader and is somewhat easily led astray
Blue who tries to act cool but is actually an airhead
Yellow who's old, can't raise his arms and really doesn't seem to give that many fucks
Pink who's the female member and...that's it
And Green who looks like the nerdy member and...that's it.

It's no Akibrangers, but it's not bad.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

lemonslol posted:

Look I gotta know, are you watching raws? Why? Why would you do that when you could watch subtitles and know what the hell is going on?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Literally The Worst posted:

Look I gotta know, are you watching raws? Why? Why would you do that when you could watch subtitles and know what the hell is going on?

HOW does he even have raws of W this late into the game? Are those still seeded?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Xelkelvos posted:

Red who's way too into being the new Leader and is somewhat easily led astray
Blue who tries to act cool but is actually an airhead
Yellow who's old, can't raise his arms and really doesn't seem to give that many fucks
Pink who's the female member and...that's it
And Green who looks like the nerdy member and...that's it.

It's no Akibrangers, but it's not bad.

Pink seems to be freeloading off the others. She disappears when the check was due and made Leader buy her a taxi ride.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Literally The Worst posted:

I had no idea I could watch them subtitled. I guess I'll try that with another series, I'm already too far into W that I wouldn't want my immersion ruined seeing as I already have ideas of what's going on in my head. As far as how I got them, I have this that I found at a garage sale, and figured I'd buy it hoping there were subtitles, and there wasn't any.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

lemonslol posted:

I had no idea I could watch them subtitled. I guess I'll try that with another series, I'm already too far into W that I wouldn't want my immersion ruined seeing as I already have ideas of what's going on in my head.

How are you this dense?

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
I watched the two eps of the newest Garo and Raiga is an adorable lead. His constant smiling is infectious :3: The Horrors were fun too, I especially liked the effects they pulled with the first one; that eye bulge got a shock out of me.

Also, maybe it's the W discussion, but Mayuri reminded me of Philip initially. Her trenchcoat reminded me of Philip's clothes, with the sleeves just a bit too long for her arms, and her reaction to breakfast is like how Philip wouldn't know some common piece of information.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

lemonslol posted:

I had no idea I could watch them subtitled. I guess I'll try that with another series, I'm already too far into W that I wouldn't want my immersion ruined seeing as I already have ideas of what's going on in my head.

Hey just a quick heads up: You don't know what's going on, because you have no idea what anybody is actually saying. Also, maybe you should skim the OP, which is full of links to subtitled shows including W

Please don't be a stubborn idiot and not download subs. You don't know what's going on because you're missing out on huge pieces of the plot.

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Apr 15, 2014

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I agree. I mean, sometimes I watch the raw live stream to get a sneak peek at the action, but I've always watched the subs when they come out. Going back and watching the episodes so that you can understand them will never be a bad thing.

Also, it must be incredibly boring when they're not punching and kicking things. I don't know how he's watched 10 episodes without understanding a word, or reading the OP. Did he think everyone in here understood Japanese fluently?

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Not sure how much material there is in After V's concept but that first episode was hilarious.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Waffleman_ posted:

HOW does he even have raws of W this late into the game? Are those still seeded?

Hell, there are better raws of W seeded now than when the show was airing, however

Waffleman_ posted:

How are you this dense?

There's no way this isn't a gigantic troll.

Thurm
Nov 11, 2008
Tokusatsu Network have put up an interview with Robert Baldwin, the guy who played Kyoryu Cyan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKrRlSrUJNs

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Blaze Dragon posted:

Wow, that was a mess. Continuity errors, stupid time travel plots, and inconsistent powers abounded.[/spoiler]

Not sure what continuity errors you're referring to. If you mean Torin being there, even though the Vs movies come out after the show is over, the Vs movies themselves usually take place around the middle/early end of the newer team, and after the end of the old team. This is why Jin was gone but Torin was still around.

As far as other continuity errors, a good portion of Vs movies are non-canon to the series. I know for a fact Go-Onger Vs Gekiranger was, because they used G12 in it, and Yogostein was still around (Yogostein was killed by G12's first appearance). The part where it gets weird is apparently the Vs movies are canon as far as Gokaiger is concerned (I think the events of Go-On Vs Geki are referenced in some Gokaiger promotional material) which would mean the series themselves are actually not really canon in those cases, but I think the number of cases where the Vs movies are non-canon relative to the series itself is probably pretty low.

Or you could repeat to yourself "It's just a show, I should really just relax."

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

Not sure what continuity errors you're referring to. If you mean Torin being there, even though the Vs movies come out after the show is over, the Vs movies themselves usually take place around the middle/early end of the newer team, and after the end of the old team. This is why Jin was gone but Torin was still around.

As far as other continuity errors, a good portion of Vs movies are non-canon to the series. I know for a fact Go-Onger Vs Gekiranger was, because they used G12 in it, and Yogostein was still around (Yogostein was killed by G12's first appearance). The part where it gets weird is apparently the Vs movies are canon as far as Gokaiger is concerned (I think the events of Go-On Vs Geki are referenced in some Gokaiger promotional material) which would mean the series themselves are actually not really canon in those cases, but I think the number of cases where the Vs movies are non-canon relative to the series itself is probably pretty low.

Or you could repeat to yourself "It's just a show, I should really just relax."

I believe there are only two VS movies that actually take place after the newer series has finished: Goranger VS JAKQ and Gingaman VS Megaranger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
If you were genuinely upset by seeing Enter break out the Dark Red Buster suit because it messed with your sense of continuity instead of going "HELL YEAH THAT SUIT loving OWNS SO GLAD WE GET TO SEE IT AGAIN" then you are watching Sentai for entirely the wrong reason.

• Locked thread