Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

If Square let one of their characters into Smash Bros they'd make Nintendo sell the character as DLC and then lock all the moves behind DLC too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Countblanc posted:

Noting the significant preemptive internet backlash against the idea of including Pac-Man as a playable character, Sakurai caters to his audience and announces the newest fighter, Ms. Pac-Man.

I'm down.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Are any of these games other then the original games any good?

I honestly really enjoyed Pac-Man World 2. It was a pretty fun game, even if the red ghost was a massive prick of a boss.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Space T Rex posted:

Who was the anime man with the keysword and Disney friends? I never even played it but that was the dumbest thing ever. Was that even nintendo though? May have been Sony actually...I don't remember. If it was nintendo, he better not be a possibility.

That's Son Broku, Broest of the animes.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Endorph posted:

Sora, Kingdom Hearts, absurdly popular, and he's been on Nintendo systems. I doubt he's getting in still, mind, but it wouldn't be the dumbest thing ever for him to get in.

I seem to remember reading that they were intrigued at the idea of adding Sora, but that was probably at the bottom of an already long list of potential characters.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Pac Man feels like a couple of good arcade games that became cultural touchstones followed by decades of middling-to-bad-to-forgettable tie-ins that basically used the name to sell stuff.

Bass Bottles posted:

But it should be this design, not the blue-eyed one.

Yeah, I would feel better about that.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I hope we get a Classic Pac-man costume at least, with the black eyes and the simple boots.

Wind God Sety
Sep 2, 2011

"I think you really should be in the ocean..."

So that's what I been doing wrong!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Are any of these games other then the original games any good?

Pac-Man World 2 was pretty good. And besides, never being in a good game didn't stop the Ice Climbers.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

Space T Rex posted:

Who was the anime man with the keysword and Disney friends? I never even played it but that was the dumbest thing ever. Was that even nintendo though? May have been Sony actually...I don't remember. If it was nintendo, he better not be a possibility.

I don't think they'd put Master Chief in Smash Bros, no.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wind God Sety posted:

Pac-Man World 2 was pretty good. And besides, never being in a good game didn't stop the Ice Climbers.
It's kind of impressive that Ice Climbers didn't get another game. Pit got Uprising, Mr. Game and Watch got the Game and Watch gallery games, ROB showed up in Mario Kart, Ice Climbers got jack and poo poo.

Wind God Sety
Sep 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

It's kind of impressive that Ice Climbers didn't get another game. Pit got Uprising, Mr. Game and Watch got the Game and Watch gallery games, ROB showed up in Mario Kart, Ice Climbers got jack and poo poo.

They got to show up in Animal Crossing, so that's something at least. I'd love a new Ice Climbers game in the vein of Uprising though.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Endorph posted:

They'd have to retool the series the same way they did Kid Icarus, because the original Ice Climbers game is kind of poo poo.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

They'd have to retool the series the same way they did Kid Icarus, because the original Ice Climbers game is kind of poo poo.

Keyswords and Disney friends.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Space T Rex posted:

Keyswords and Disney friends.

Julius Belmont was in two good games

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Quest For Glory II posted:

If you're gonna put in the most iconic mascot of videogames, put in Doom Guy.

Man that just reminds me that by the time the next Smash is in development we'll have gone from kids jokingly suggest Steve from Minecraft as a newcomer to kids legitimately wondering why Steve from Minecraft isn't in Smash Bros.

Hell there's probably already young kids on Miiverse unironically suggesting him. Their logic being that if Minecraft is the biggest video game out there and Smash Bros. is a collection of some of the biggest video game characters well then why wouldn't he be in the game?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Man that just reminds me that by the time the next Smash is in development we'll have gone from kids jokingly suggest Steve from Minecraft as a newcomer to kids legitimately wondering why Steve from Minecraft isn't in Smash Bros.

Hell there's probably already young kids on Miiverse unironically suggesting him. Their logic being that if Minecraft is the biggest video game out there and Smash Bros. is a collection of some of the biggest video game characters well then why wouldn't he be in the game?

But...Nintendo...

How old are these kids?

Edit: Oh probably, I should learn to read.

Edit2: Haha look at that theyre doing it!

Gutcruncher fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Apr 14, 2014

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

If you're gonna put in the most iconic mascot of videogames, put in Doom Guy.

Pac Man is more iconic than Doom Guy. If Pac Man makes it, I really hope an alt costume is Ms. Pac Man. His final Smash should really be something based off Pac Man 2.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Put Call of Duty Guy in Smash, he's super iconic and CoD is the best game ever, you can even buy specially marked packages of Mountain Dew for DOUBLE XP in Smash.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

yep!

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
I hope that kid thinks he got Sakurai to add Greninja :3:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The way this reads, it sounds like he wants mewtwo to be steve's final smash.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

A Smashwich sounds delicious right now.

I remember playing as NES, his final smash was to press the reset button, right?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Pyroi posted:

A Smashwich sounds delicious right now.

I remember playing as NES, his final smash was to press the reset button, right?

He was a real glass cannon. He gets touched while fighting then his light starts flashing and its all over. For some reason in Japan he didnt do that but his reach was super lovely.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think the duck dragon from Adventure on the Atari should be in Smash.

Wind God Sety
Sep 2, 2011

Spacebump posted:

Pac Man is more iconic than Doom Guy. If Pac Man makes it, I really hope an alt costume is Ms. Pac Man. His final Smash should really be something based off Pac Man 2.

Just put Ms. Pac-Man in over Pac-Man. Her game's way better anyway.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Massive tundra platformer with wacky, terrible-but-endearing jokes with the polar bear in sunglasses and shorts as a sidekick? That of Skyrim: Junior?

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Apr 14, 2014

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Honestly? I don't think kids know Pac Man, despite Namco's insistent efforts to make crappy Pac Man cartoons and video games aimed at them. They didn't grow up with it like adults did. I don't think Namco's kept Pac-Man relevant the same way Warner Bros has been able to keep the Scooby Doo perpetual motion device operating. The current Pac-Man thing, which is Pac-Man in high school, airs on a second-rate Disney spinoff channel. And that was the first Pac-Man game aimed at kids since.. Pac-Man World 3 in 2007. So a 6-7 year gap.

Kids love Pac-man dude
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZt4ZgEZj9c

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Geostomp posted:

Massive tundra platformer with wacky, terrible-but-endearing jokes with the polar bear in sunglasses and shorts as a sidekick? That of Skyrim: Junior?

Verticle Hotline Miami.

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Julius Belmont was in two good games

The new character is Belmont. Every time you die a new one swaps in. (Or Alucard, Eric LeCarde, Grant Morris, Shanoa, Soma, etc.)

hey that happened to come out in alphabetical order

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

I had a feeling it would be this kid. I wonder how the frick he's been.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Goddamn, this kid. I love how he's acting like a pro wrestler in his own ridiculous, borderline crazy way.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Squallege posted:

I had a feeling it would be this kid. I wonder how the frick he's been.

I hope his parents unground him so he can release a special video when Pac-man gets announced for Smash and he records his reaction.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

After many painstaking hours, I've cracked the code. Waluigi will lag behind the 3DS release but he WILL be in the Wii U version.

Waluigi = Wii U lag

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

He'll cause the Wii U's FPS to drop.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Why isn't Waluigi playable.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

That DICK! posted:

Why isn't Waluigi playable.

Because he's a loser.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Reiley posted:

Because he's a loser.

But Waluigi number one! He said so himself!

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Reiley posted:

Because he's a loser.

You're lousy!

StevenM
Nov 6, 2011

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Why ISN'T Minecraft on the Wii U, anyway? It's on drat near everything else.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

StevenM posted:

Its not on the Ouya either so take from that what you will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

StevenM posted:

Why isn't MGS5 on the WiiU?
Why isn't Dark Souls 2 on the WiiU?
Why isn't Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance on the WiiU?

See a pattern here?

• Locked thread