Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

El Roncho posted:

What have you don't for me lately, etc. Chael has been consistently entertaining while Wanderlei has just acted a fool.

Also Wanderlei has ducked Chael a few times in the leadup for their fight (and who knows if they're actually going to fight). That combined with his stupid video at the Mr. Olympia thing made him look dumber than usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i have always thought he was a piece of poo poo.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
As a longstanding Sakuraba fan my ire for Wanderlei dates back to long before he and Chael were ever mentioned in the same sentence.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Roncho posted:

What have you don't for me lately, etc. Chael has been consistently entertaining while Wanderlei has just acted a fool.

Wanderlei's last fight was amazing.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

fatherdog posted:

As a longstanding Sakuraba fan my ire for Wanderlei dates back to long before he and Chael were ever mentioned in the same sentence.

Yeah I'm in the same vein. I've never been a fan of Wanderlei I actually liked seeing Cun Le wobble him a bunch.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I named a dear pet cockatiel after Wanderlei and still like him. But yes, he is a God damned idiot at times.

:puts on glasses and slams head into keyboard attempting to make a good Sonnen-tar:

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP
Wanderlei's a bitch idiot but sometimes he's an endearing bitch idiot (see: throwing plates at Arona's head)

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Captain Log posted:

I named a dear pet cockatiel after Wanderlei and still like him. But yes, he is a God damned idiot at times.

:puts on glasses and slams head into keyboard attempting to make a good Sonnen-tar:

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

We need a little context here. What is the point of Gray Maynard hanging out at a strip club all day and all night? Why would a dude pay money to hang out with Gray when there are strippers? I imagine the pool has a DJ and uh at night there are strippers. I can't imagine any man would be like I can't wait to go to the strip club to see a shirtless man.

This is kinda a weird promotion here.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Meowbot posted:

I can't imagine any man would be like I can't wait to go to the strip club to see a shirtless man.

Well I can but I am pleasantly surprised Gray is down with that.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Gray has a tramp stamp and took a lot of shots to the face last time we saw him so..

mewse
May 2, 2006

I want Gray Maynard to jerk me off while my face is pressed between some stripper's tits. I want him to keep repeating "you're a good boy, Frankie". Please fund my kickstarter

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

quote:

Infamous UFC fighter Gray Maynard will be hosting at Sapphire Pool & Day Club & Sapphire Las Vegas' UFC 172 event on April 26, 2014! Some lucky winners will not only get the chance to hang out with Gray Maynard at Sapphire Pool & Day Club in a VIP Cabana but they will also win 5 FREE tickets to the UFC event that night.

Read more: http://www.sapphirelasvegas.com/las_vegas_vip_services/ufc/#ixzz2ywvptjmZ

No handjobs promised. :(

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Meowbot posted:

What is the point of Gray Maynard hanging out at a strip club all day and all night?

ONE LIFE ROLL THE DICE

Duh.

Related: I'd become a Gray Maynard superfan if it turned out his tattoo was actually a reference to Settlers of Catan and that his next tattoo is gonna be WOOD FOR SHEEP.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
Morning news updates:

Jon Jones still a turd

quote:

It's hard to believe, but UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones says he's actually lost respect for Alexander Gustafsson since their five-round war at UFC 165. Speaking with FOX Sports, Jones believes the 'delusional' former No. 1 contender needs to reel in his comments.

"I respected him a lot more before we fought," says Jones. "I'll tell you what, he has so much arrogance for someone who didn't win.

"I find it funny, because Gustafsson lost the fight fair and square. I will admit he won Round 1 and Round 3, but that's it. I won the fight. I've never heard someone chirp so much who lost. I could see if I poked him in the eye and the fight had to be stopped or I caught him with a big punch while he was winning and it was a fluke or something. But it was nothing like that."

The pair fought the consensus 'Fight of the Year' back in September and fans have clamored to see them do it again ever since. Gustafsson dragged the champ into deeper waters than any other opponent, leaving Jones with a lengthy recuperation. Jones' next title defense would even be pushed back several times. First moved from UFC 169 to UFC 170 later that month, the bout also jumped from UFC 171 in March before finally settling on Apr. 26 at UFC 172.

"We fought our hearts out," says Jones. "I proved that I have three times the heart that he did."

"He needs to close his mouth and go back to the drawing board and humbly come back for a second chance."

Mike Brown probably completely done : http://mmajunkie.com/2014/04/ufc-featherweight-mike-brown-i-dont-think-ill-fight-again/

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

LobsterMobster posted:

This some kinda gigolo thing?

"He got on top of me and just kinda laid there not doing anything and when we were done he tried to ask me for a bonus. 1/10 worst 15 mintues ever."

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Yuriy posted:

Morning news updates:

Jon Jones still a turd

There's nothing unreasonable about any of this.

mewse
May 2, 2006

-Atom- posted:

I mean, granted, my opponent won 2 rounds out of 5, but by barely winning I clearly demonstrated I have 3 times the heart that he has

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ariza posted:

No handjobs promised. :(

Hanging out with Gray Maynard doesn't sound fun at all.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

-Atom- posted:

This man, who I barely beat and arguably lost to, must humbly prostrate himself at the foot of my throne.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Wanderlei's last fight was amazing.

It was also more than a year ago.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

-Atom- posted:

He gets personally offended when people try to promote a fight. He's basically a whinier Mike Bisping.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jones is totally afraid of fighting Gustaffson again. And with good reason.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's funny that Jones brings up poking guys in the eye. He's pretty decent at it after all.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Meat Recital posted:

He gets personally offended when people try to promote a fight. He's basically a whinier Mike Bisping.
Unlike the Jones, Bisping actually eventually developed the ability to make jokes and jeers, some of which have actually been amusing. Jones is too stupid and dull for this, so he just drinks and drives to cope with being a painfully oblivious turd

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Neurosis posted:

This man, who I barely beat and arguably lost to, must humbly prostrate himself at the foot of my throne.

Short of scoring the Gustaffson/Jones fight under the Stockton Unified Rules there wasn't anything arguable about Jones winning three rounds.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

coconono posted:

Hanging out with Gray Maynard doesn't sound fun at all.

Remember the promo show where they had Frankie and Gray watch their 2nd fight and Frankie is in a room with like 10 jersey shore extras having a fun time and Gray was alone in his kitchen with the thousand yard stare?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Jon Jones makes Michael Bisping look like Muhammad Ali.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Remember the promo show where they had Frankie and Gray watch their 2nd fight and Frankie is in a room with like 10 jersey shore extras having a fun time and Gray was alone in his kitchen with the thousand yard stare?

lmfao

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

-Atom- posted:

Except Gustaffson beat the poo poo out of him

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Aurain posted:

It's funny that Jones brings up poking guys in the eye. He's pretty decent at it after all.

Jones knows exactly what he's doing with that bullshit, and I'm sure he's aware that if one of his fights ends in an NC it will be because he finally poked somebody in the eye bad enough that the fight had to be waved off. So it was the first thing that came to his mind. At any rate, I would love to see a fight where he wasn't allowed to do that dirty poo poo, like maybe the ref talked to him in the warmup room before the fight and told him he would take a point every single time Jones tried to rake the eyes. It's such a key part of his defense that I have to wonder if he'd be the same fighter without it.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
when you play the game of jones you uh, fight a couple of other guys of his choosing first

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

-Atom- posted:

Short of scoring the Gustaffson/Jones fight under the Stockton Unified Rules there wasn't anything arguable about Jones winning three rounds.

For the benefit of those without archives:

Nothing arguable you say?

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
lol

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

MagicCube posted:

:laffo:

mewse
May 2, 2006

MagicCube posted:

:thurman:

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Well on the plus side at least one of them is right and that will be a first.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Yeah, I rewatched the fight since then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

MagicCube posted: