Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Crappy Jack posted:

Yeah, and from what I've seen they all seem to share the same model, so if there are any outfits that have you not wearing a baseball cap and coat of whatever color, we haven't seen them yet.

That's upsetting. It seemed like hiding your identity was a gameplay mechanic, so I assumed that switching your style up might help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

There are some of us who haven't played FC3 and are not interested in your spoiler-heavy grade school analysis of its plot in this thread about a completely different game.

"Whaaaaaaa I'm going to complain and insult your posts by being a shittier poster post something to amuse me, specifically, for another ten seconds Whaaaaaaa!"

On Watch Dogs topic, I'm concerned that multi is going to degenerate into randomly getting shot in the head by npcs controlled by people I wonder if/how they will discourage this or encourage the hack and counter hack part of invasion game play.

TheSpiritFox fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Apr 14, 2014

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
I'm not sure I want to get any of these stupid pre order bonuses.

Dr. Poz
Sep 8, 2003

Dr. Poz just diagnosed you with a serious case of being a pussy. Now get back out there and hit them till you can't remember your kid's name.

Pillbug

There are some of us who haven't played FC3 and are not interested in your spoiler-heavy grade school analysis of its plot in this thread about a completely different game.

Well, see, now here I was enjoying it and becoming interested in playing. If only there was a group of people who were tasked with managing these discussions...

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

SEKCobra posted:

It's super dumb to me that they are quantifying the bonus missions in terms of how many gameplay minutes they add.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

SEKCobra posted:

You are a smart person.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

Capntastic posted:

It's super dumb to me that they are quantifying the bonus missions in terms of how many gameplay minutes they add.

Especially since 30 minutes or an hour isn't exactly a lot of content.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Girl With Huge Tits posted:

Well, see, now here I was enjoying it and becoming interested in playing. If only there was a group of people who were tasked with managing these discussions...

Don't. It's not good.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Get ye back to Thunderdome.

e: To tie it all in, I hope Aiden is like the Jason most of us wanted; a more competent, but ultimately futile vigilante dude manipulated by others.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.
If you want all the actually good parts of FC3 without the pretentious schizophrenic tripe that is the story of Jason Brodude: White Messiah of The Noble Savages, just spend an evening playing through Blood Dragon. Unless you have a low tolerance for heavily contrasted neon lighting and kinda niche referential humour, in which case don't play either game because some decent open-world fuckery just ain't worth it.

Also kind of a bummer that Aiden will probably wear the same outfit through the whole game. Can only imagine how horrid the stench must be coming out of that goony-rear end trenchcoat after a while.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Moartoast posted:

Also kind of a bummer that Aiden will probably wear the same outfit through the whole game. Can only imagine how horrid the stench must be coming out of that goony-rear end trenchcoat after a while.

You can buy more outfits at clothing stores. The basic idea behind it doesn't change, he's always wearing a hip-length jacket and a cap, but different outfits have different colors and textures. I was wearing one for a while that was khakis and a parka, for example.

Disclaimer: I'm working on the official strategy guide, so that's how I know.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Moartoast posted:

imagine how horrid the stench must be coming out of that goony-rear end trenchcoat after a while.

That and the outfit is really boring, even if it is for someone trying to stay under the radar.

Wanderer posted:

You can buy more outfits at clothing stores. The basic idea behind it doesn't change, he's always wearing a hip-length jacket and a cap,

That's a really weird design choice, I think, unless it's crucial that Aiden have a ton of jacket pockets to pull gadgets and guns from in the name of realism.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Capntastic posted:

That and the outfit is really boring, even if it is for someone trying to stay under the radar.

That's a really weird design choice, I think, unless it's crucial that Aiden have a ton of jacket pockets to pull gadgets and guns from in the name of realism.

That's the only thing I can think of, that Aiden can whip out a shotgun out of nowhere, so his coat is basically a mini-TARDIS. Glad to hear I can dress him up a bit, but I REALLY just wanna take off that drat hat.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Capntastic posted:

He uses the pockets on the jacket a lot, both to carry stuff like his phone and baton and just as part of his usual animations.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.

Capntastic posted:

I'd say it's partially that and partially because they wanted his character design to remain consistent. I mock the trenchcoat, but I see what they're going for with it, the whole theme of the game is pretty blatantly going for a modern cyberpunk vibe, so it fits well enough. Also coat physics are neat.

I do agree that the hat should be removable, though.

Moartoast fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Apr 14, 2014

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I'm kind of hoping the permanent Hat is to hide a Bald Spot and he's just really self conscious about it.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Wanderer posted:

You can buy more outfits at clothing stores. The basic idea behind it doesn't change, he's always wearing a hip-length jacket and a cap, but different outfits have different colors and textures. I was wearing one for a while that was khakis and a parka, for example.

Huh ok cool. Anything you can tell us gameplay or storywise we don't already know that doesn't violate the NDA you're undoubtedly under? And do you get to jack around with multi or are you stuck single player because that's primarily what your guide is going to cover or whatever?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Section Z posted:

I'm kind of hoping the permanent Hat is to hide a Bald Spot and he's just really self conscious about it.

The hat is lined with tinfoil.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

TheSpiritFox posted:

Huh ok cool. Anything you can tell us gameplay or storywise we don't already know that doesn't violate the NDA you're undoubtedly under? And do you get to jack around with multi or are you stuck single player because that's primarily what your guide is going to cover or whatever?

Usually multiplayer at this point also has print journalists, too, if it's up and running.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

TheSpiritFox posted:

I ain't telling you poo poo that wasn't already in one trailer or another, man.

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!

I played FC3 to the end.

You don't play FC3 for the loving story. You play it to drive around an island shanking idiots from the foliage and getting ambushed by tigers. Hell, collecting like 1/3 of the collectibles nets you literal invincibility and 1-hit magic mode. If you want to play a game with a good story as a bow wielding bad rear end left alone on a tropical island trying to rescue your friends, play Tomb Raider.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

User0015 posted:

I played FC3 to the end.

You don't play FC3 for the loving story. You play it to drive around an island shanking idiots from the foliage and getting ambushed by tigers. Hell, collecting like 1/3 of the collectibles nets you literal invincibility and 1-hit magic mode. If you want to play a game with a good story as a bow wielding bad rear end left alone on a tropical island trying to rescue your friends, play Tomb Raider.

This. FC3, with a few minor issues, overall had fantastic gameplay in a fun setting. The story is very meh, but who cares? Tomb Raider had a better story, but I wasn't as impressed with the gameplay (though it was still drat fun - jesus were the collectibles so much more annoying in that game though).

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"
So anyway, finally got around to upgrading, and I guess bring on Watch Dogs. I wanna see all those threads choking with hacky Chicago goodness come May.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Crappy Jack posted:

That's the only thing I can think of, that Aiden can whip out a shotgun out of nowhere, so his coat is basically a mini-TARDIS. Glad to hear I can dress him up a bit, but I REALLY just wanna take off that drat hat.

The hat is really loving dumb. I think it'd be more in character to wear a fedora.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Wanderer posted:

What about the STEALTH SCARF? Is he always wearing that?

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Mordaedil posted:

The hat is really loving dumb. I think it'd be more in character to wear a fedora.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

User0015 posted:

If you want to play a game with a good story as a bow wielding bad rear end left alone on a tropical island trying to rescue your friends, play Tomb Raider.

It's a good game but the story is not good in the least. But you don't play Tomb Raider for story anyway.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Wanderer posted:

How do you like the game? How much more information can you give us, and I assume you signed a NDA? Any features that really stand out to you?

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

Darkman?

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

That actually looks okay-ish in spite of the Fedora. At least it looks more interesting than the original design (which I didn't even mind in the first place.)

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Amazing.

Dvlos posted:

Darkman?

Funny enough, what I was thinking. If I can roleplay this game as Darkman, maybe it won't be so bad.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

poo poo, I might have to grudgingly pre-order through UPlay.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
I pre-ordered it through steam, can I still get it? :saddowns:

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Contra Calculus posted:

I pre-ordered it through steam, can I still get it? :saddowns:

I'm sure that all the pre-order stuff will be DLC at some point.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Athenry posted:

I'm sure that all the pre-order stuff will be DLC at some point.

Yeah, all of Ubi's games follow suit, they'll release a Preorder Pack a couple months after release that gives you all the preorder bonuses together.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And if you get the Season Pass, it's usually included.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

So the Darkman mod for Watch Dogs is only with UPlay preorder?

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Dvlos posted:

So the Darkman mod for Watch Dogs is only with UPlay preorder?

For the UK it is a preorder bonus if you buy it from GAME, no idea about other countries.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Croccers posted:

What about the STEALTH SCARF? Is he always wearing that?

Different outfits change the color and pattern on the mask. It's not exactly a scarf, at least by default; it's more like he's got a mask that he wears around his neck when he's not about to commit a crime.

Michael Scott posted:

How do you like the game? How much more information can you give us, and I assume you signed a NDA? Any features that really stand out to you?

I'm under quite the NDA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Dvlos posted:

Darkman?

I hope it comes with a special game over screen where it does a closeup of you crying.

• Locked thread