Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

You're the one who posted the comparison. If you don't want people talking about it, why post that pic?

I never said I didn't want people talking about it I just don't think saying "They look fine JESUS gently caress LET IT GO" is really an appropriate reaction to anything said in this thread. I just posted it because it's funny how a fan photoshop looks like ten times better than what's in the trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Vintersorg posted:

They look fine!! Jesus gently caress, I grew up with the Turtles, I was their prime target back then but LET IT GO!

Expectations: everyone has them, some expect them to be met, those left tend to broadcast their whines. I have more Pizza Points than I know, have an indelible love for the franchise, but without expectations it's plain awesome to see a new vision and a new fanbase to figure it out for the next go round.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

I don't think the assumption that thinking they're stupid ugly designs necessary springs from nostalgia, because I don't give a gently caress about the Ninja Turtles and those are stupid ugly designs all the same.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

You didn't post the Leo one!

I'm indifferent towards the new designs, but these fan manips looks pretty great.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
It's the humanized lips.

But seriously that movie is going to suck poo poo in a pretty historic way. Like, put it in the library of congress for some anthropologists 200 years from now.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

teagone posted:

You didn't post the Leo one!

I'm indifferent towards the new designs, but these fan manips looks pretty great.

Hi, the muscular anthro turtle looks loving retarded no matter how you photoshop it. Thank you

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

net cafe scandal posted:

Hi, the muscular anthro turtle looks loving retarded no matter how you photoshop it. Thank you

You're welcome!

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Can someone photoshop Leo so that he has a head of black spikey hair to see how he stacks up to The Hulk?

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
They look pretty drat ripped for eating nothing but pizza.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Maarak posted:

They look pretty drat ripped for eating nothing but pizza.

Pizza has what turtles crave!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Improbable Lobster posted:

Pizza has what turtles crave!
It's got electrolytes pepperoni!

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
https://vimeo.com/90509568

Well, this certainly looks like it has potential.

MyronGognitti
Jun 15, 2008

by zen death robot

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

It's got electrolytes pepperoni!

Well considering the way Michaelangelo orders pizza(peanut butter, avocado, extra pickles, etc), that's probably the only way the turtles get anything healthy... when he's not adding fudge or marshmellows.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The new turtles are fine and the movie will be great and make butt loads of money.

The only thing I would change is getting Nicolas Cage to play Splinter.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Those fan noses make Leo and Mike look like they're doing that smushed-in, "Good grief" face Kermit makes a lot.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lobok posted:

Those fan noses make Leo and Mike look like they're doing that smushed-in, "Good grief" face Kermit makes a lot.

:jiggled:

Ungoal
Mar 13, 2014

by XyloJW
Expendables III trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F6nNTAOQKU

The Slippery Nipple
Mar 27, 2010

Doctor Bishop posted:

Yea this looks like it could be amazing. Its certainly going to be very pretty, the models and lighting are loving outstanding.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Doctor Bishop posted:

This just looks like kids toys to me, hope that's what they're going for

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

A new 22 Jump Street trailer. I'm pumped for this movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP755JkDxyM

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe
Not on youtube yet, but here's the teaser trailer for David Fincher's new film, Gone Girl:

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/fox/gonegirl/

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe
Annnnd here's the youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOPLieLQQQs

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Apparently Fincher worked with the writer of the novel to create a different ending than the book.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Now I just need to read the book to deduce how it ends.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

What a terrible song. Can't help but notice it's getting pulled down and not going over well in general.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

kiimo posted:

What a terrible song. Can't help but notice it's getting pulled down and not going over well in general.

People are wrong in general.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I liked it. I like that you could tell generally what the movie was about without giving away every major plot point.

It was like half way between a teaser and a regular trailer.

I want to see this movie and see no more trailers for it.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Asiina posted:

I liked it. I like that you could tell generally what the movie was about without giving away every major plot point.

It was like half way between a teaser and a regular trailer.

I want to see this movie and see no more trailers for it.

Yeah that's where I'm at. The song's not great but Hell, it works for the trailer in my opinion.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

I had no problem with the song and thought the whole tease was a pretty well done :confused:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If I had more time I'd put a different cue in and try it out because I think the feeling would change entirely and for the better.

It's an Elvis Costello song if I'm not mistaken but I'm not sure who is attempting to sing it.

Notsosubtle
Oct 30, 2008

quote:

Richard Butler, the lead singer of the Psychedelic Furs, is the performer of the version that's in the "Gone Girl" trailer, and while I don't think his version is remotely as effective, it's perfect for the trailer, and the rushed, almost off-key vocals capture some of the weird, off-center anxiety that is so obviously part of Fincher's adaptation of the massive best-selling novel by Gillian Flynn.

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/ben-affleck-looks-great-in-the-first-moody-trailer-for-finchers-gone-girl

Yea, I'm not sure I agree, but I don't hate it either. It's no Girl with the Dragon Tattoo teaser, that's for sure.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I liked the trailer and I liked the cover, I agree with that quote that said the vocals add to the anxious feeling that kicks in about halfway through.

I enjoyed the book and love Fincher though, so I may be biased.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Brand spanking new Days of Future Past trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsjtg7m1MMM

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm starting to sound like a broken record. Hate the cue. Hate that it was looped a billion times. Fox: good movies, jacked up marketing department.

Oh and I just found out that Fincher cut that Gone Girl trailer himself.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

kiimo posted:

I'm starting to sound like a broken record. Hate the cue. Hate that it was looped a billion times. Fox: good movies, jacked up marketing department.

Oh and I just found out that Fincher cut that Gone Girl trailer himself.

Once again, anything is better than that first trailer for DOFP. Seriously.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
1. I am confused as to how Young Xavier is up and about and not in his wheelchair.

2. I am also confused as to how Beast doesn't look like he did at the end of First Class.

Ungoal
Mar 13, 2014

by XyloJW

Gonz posted:

Brand spanking new Days of Future Past trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsjtg7m1MMM

Still seems a bit underwhelming IMO. Also, the reveal that the sentinels (apparently) begin to kill everyone in addition to mutants just seems lazy.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Ungoal posted:

Still seems a bit underwhelming IMO. Also, the reveal that the sentinels (apparently) begin to kill everyone in addition to mutants just seems lazy.
It's not properly derivative of Terminator if that doesn't happen.

"Mutants are humans. Therefore, humans must be protected from themselves."

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
I feel like Im in the minority, but that trailer got me jazzed

Ok it was cliched and lazy but omg so excited for that movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

BlueBayou posted:

I feel like Im in the minority, but that trailer got me jazzed

Ok it was cliched and lazy but omg so excited for that movie

It finally showed off a little bit more of where they are going. I don't understand the timeline just from seeing that though :shrug:

• Locked thread