Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Bob
Aug 26, 2006

Not one step backwards!

Ludicro posted:

Everything in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQptfdSCdhs

I swear to god if any of those cars hit some of the potholes we get around here the tyres would explode.

Is there a fender flares anonymous? Cause someone needs to start attending some meetings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Uthor posted:

What's the shape next to the horse? My brain isn't processing it.

EightBit posted:

It looks like the shape of a state with a church steeple silhouetted over the flag background. I can't tell which state though, maybe Virginia with another silhouette in the upper right?

I think it's a barrel racer:

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Motronic posted:

Wait....a dealer HAD ONE IN STOCK? They sent pretty much all of that back to Germany from US dealerships and warehouses, so we have to either pay huge shipping fees or wait a month or two (whenever the warehouse does it's next order).
The guy said this had come from a Warehouse in England, if I needed a passenger side sill it'd be a slightly longer wait due to it coming from Germany (2 days after I ordered the parts they showed up at the dealership).

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!

neckbeard posted:

Ok, looks like your standard SSR with a lovely flame job

Hahahaha, recognize this place by the SSR. It's usually parked inside along with some other thread-worthy cars.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Ludicro posted:

Everything in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQptfdSCdhs

I swear to god if any of those cars hit some of the potholes we get around here the tyres would explode.
I think we've already established that bosozoku stuff is too awesome to be considered terrible.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Zeether posted:

I think we've already established that bosozoku stuff is too awesome to be considered terrible.
The truth behind this is that they are deliberately trying to make their cars as obnoxious as possible, just for the fun of it, rather than the corrupted ideas of performance and visual enhancements that created most of the cars in this thread.

Rat Poisson
Nov 6, 2010

goddamit ignore

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

kastein posted:

That's the maximum roof/exhaust height, as in "our loving bridges are 14 feet tall please don't hit them" not the rocker/bumper/frame height.

We had a truck plow into a bridge around here, and shut down a major highway for a couple days.

Three months later, another truck did the same drat thing ten miles down the road. :v:

I've also got a friend in North Carolina who lives near this bridge: http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/4766966/

Goblincat
Jan 20, 2004

And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Geoj posted:

So people will subscribe to it.

One of the more :psyduck: features on my GM fleet vehicle (A 2012 Chevrolet Captiva, which is a rebadged last-gen Saturn Vue) is it has bluetooth connectivity for phones, however you have to buy minutes from OnStar in order to make calls from your own phone over the bluetooth system.

Actually, you don't, at least not in a 2013. I just used the bluetooth in one today with no active OnStar subsription.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Captain Bravo posted:

We had a truck plow into a bridge around here, and shut down a major highway for a couple days.

Three months later, another truck did the same drat thing ten miles down the road. :v:

I've also got a friend in North Carolina who lives near this bridge: http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/4766966/

I drive by 11'8" at least twice a month.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE

Zeether posted:

You're wrong, it's terrible.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

aventari posted:

No, actually

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

aventari posted:

I'm sorry you're wrong about everything

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home
I have a confession. I am Terrible Car Stuff. The photos below are of my now former vehicle. I owned this car for 4 years. It has lived about 2 years in its current condition. I've been waiting and waiting for somebody else in AI to see me on the road and post pictures of my car in this thread. I thought for sure it would happen after seeing a car owned by somebody I actually know personally posted in this thread. For reference it was a few years ago and it was a white VW GTI with the vanity plate ZUG ZUG.

Shampoo posted:

Being driven by exactly the type of guy you'd think.

And yes, he is exactly the type of guy you think he is.

Well years have gone by and I've driven all over Massachusetts and beyond and nobody has spotted me or at least gotten pictures for this thread and now that I have traded this car in I am coming clean.

2006 Ford Focus ST. 218,000 miles. Fake hood scoop off of a late 90's Subaru. Yellow stripe from the internet. Black wheels by rattle can. Driver's mirror taped on. Its all there, and its all terrible. I didn't do all this because I'm living some myth that I drive some sort of fast sports car and need everyone to know it. I don't throw on some sunglasses and cruise downtown areas honking at women with my badass car. I just got bored with my car and decided to put some poo poo on it for my own amusement. Little kids love it. Real men and women laugh at it and that is all that I wanted out of it.

Ok AI, come mock me, I'll be the guy in the corner with the Dunce Cap on.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I'm kinda surprised I haven't seen that driving around yet. Honestly, you should either pull it all off, or go full retard and make sure it's obvious that it's not serious :v:

PS: side mirrors are $25 at sams pull a part in worcester, pull your own and slap it on in the parking lot.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

kastein posted:

I'm kinda surprised I haven't seen that driving around yet. Honestly, you should either pull it all off, or go full retard and make sure it's obvious that it's not serious :v:

PS: side mirrors are $25 at sams pull a part in worcester, pull your own and slap it on in the parking lot.

Well the car is gone now so no worries on looking bad now. I was living on Cape now in Plymouth so I was 2 hours now hour and a half from Worcester. I have replaced that mirror twice and got them for $45 ordered from a junkyard. Third time the mirror got hit (loving Boston street parking) it wasnt damaged as badly so I just taped it back on. I am the bane of AI's existence

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Well, you're safe from me. I apparently took that photo of August of '12 and can barely remember what I had for dinner last night, let alone what someone driving a car with a silly plate looked like, so it's all good.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

bigbillystyle posted:

Well the car is gone now so no worries on looking bad now. I was living on Cape now in Plymouth so I was 2 hours now hour and a half from Worcester. I have replaced that mirror twice and got them for $45 ordered from a junkyard. Third time the mirror got hit (loving Boston street parking) it wasnt damaged as badly so I just taped it back on. I am the bane of AI's existence

Plymouth? You should drown your sorrows in a boat of fried clams at The Lobster Hut. I wish I was...

South Jersey, near Glassboro. Took it about five years ago; it's probably in China by now. And yes, that was a '77 Volare wagon.

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Apr 16, 2014

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007
Where is that? I'd give him $800 for it.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

PainterofCrap posted:

Plymouth? You should drown your sorrows in a boat of fried clams at The Lobster Hut. I wish I was...

Was that a Volare/Aspen?

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

PainterofCrap posted:

South Jersey, near Glassboro. Took it about five years ago; it's probably in China by now. And yes, that was a '77 Volare wagon.

That doesn't look like a total hack job so I kinda wanna say, wrong thread, or has potential to be in that thread.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

PainterofCrap posted:

Wrong thread!

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

bigbillystyle posted:

2006 Ford Focus ST

That car stock belongs in this thread. It was pretty much the summary of Ford's corporate mentality in the mid-2000s: take a sedan, put a slightly larger engine in it (2.3 vs the 2.0 they put in everything else) along with some rear disc brakes and a few cosmetic upgrades and call it a performance model.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p75FaYGAsXk

Yanking on suspension components while underneath a car supported only by the emergency scissor jack.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

FogHelmut posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p75FaYGAsXk

Yanking on suspension components while underneath a car supported only by the emergency scissor jack.

But it came with the car! How could it not be adequate to support it? :downs:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Tha Chodesweller posted:

But it came with the car! How could it not be adequate to support it? :downs:
Given this is 'Murica we're talking about, how many lawsuits have there been over failed scissor jacks (presumably by the next of kin)?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Geoj posted:

That car stock belongs in this thread. It was pretty much the summary of Ford's corporate mentality in the mid-2000s: take a sedan, put a slightly larger engine in it (2.3 vs the 2.0 they put in everything else) along with some rear disc brakes and a few cosmetic upgrades and call it a performance model.

To be fair, it wasn't really any slower than the SVT Focus.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

InitialDave posted:

Given this is 'Murica we're talking about, how many lawsuits have there been over failed scissor jacks (presumably by the next of kin)?

It's America, the jack and the jack holder and the spare wheel cover and the tool holder all have warning stickers.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Q_res posted:

To be fair, it wasn't really any slower than the SVT Focus.

If straight line acceleration in a FWD econobox was your thing.

The SVT at least had a close-ratio 6 speed transmission that really shines in road racing, markedly better brakes and suspension than the base model and was essentially a ST170 from Europe with USDOT spec bumpers.

Most other manufacturers (hell, pretty much the rest of Ford's lineup for that matter) would have treated the differences on the ST as options across the board or standard features on higher trim levels.

Whatever else you think of it it was not deserving of a performance badge.

Geoj fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Apr 17, 2014

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Crappy cell-phone picture, sorry. What you need to know here is that this car was traveling straight along the lane. The left-rear wheel was toed in about 5-10 degrees, making the car dog-walk about 5 or 6 inches difference front to back.

Another pic. If you look closely, you can see the left-rear turned to the right, compared with the front. How do you not notice this on your car? More to the point, how do you do whatever they did to the car to accomplish this and not wonder of there might be some damage?

Jeep JK Wrangler with huge rimzzz. Why the hell would you do this to a vehicle designed for off-road prowess?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
^
The slant-driving Mercedes probably had horrendous alignment issues and/or frame damage, and the :whatup: Jeep is a classic case of most owners of off-road capable vehicles never actually take them off road - unless you count parking on a gravel driveway or maybe a grassy field every once in a while as "offroad."

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
I spend approximately 99.99% of my driving time in cities and on highways, but for those rare moments when you need to say "gently caress this noise" and just barrel through some wilderness to get from Point A to Point B, it's really nice to have that option in a vehicle.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
I'm always a fan of the cars doing 60+ on the highway with a rear wheel bouncing a solid 6-8 inches due to either being super bent or having thrown the weight. I don't understand how people can drive without their poo poo being perfectly smooth.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

veedubfreak posted:

drive without poo poo being perfectly smooth.

Thread title.

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

veedubfreak posted:

I'm always a fan of the cars doing 60+ on the highway with a rear wheel bouncing a solid 6-8 inches due to either being super bent or having thrown the weight. I don't understand how people can drive without their poo poo being perfectly smooth.

That's not throwing a wheel balance weight. That's "shock is so blown it's providing no damping at all"

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

PainterofCrap posted:

I actually live about 5 minutes from there. Never been but we just moved here in September. Though being from The Cape and having friends that fish/clam/lobster etc I always feel dirty paying for seafood.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

SlapActionJackson posted:

That's not throwing a wheel balance weight. That's "shock is so blown it's providing no damping at all"

Yeah, a Civic on the way home yesterday was dribbling the passenger rear.

Fuckin' horrifying.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
I can't count how many cars I've seen with some kind of hosed up wheel(s) driving around like it ain't no thang here. Cars that look like someone smashed into the wheel well and the camber is so jacked there's barely any tire hitting the road, and countless times seeing idiots with front wheel drive cars, with a donut tire on one of the fronts. Makes me shiver and I usually end up either hanging waaayyyy back from them in anticipation of an accident, or pass them up as fast as possible so I don't get caught in the inevitable 27 car pileup they cause.

ShadowStalker
Apr 14, 2006
Yeah, it seems like once a week that I pass someone on I-95 whose tire is bouncing as they drive 70 to 75. Don't know how they don't notice or continue to drive like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I tweaked my right front wheel in the Grand Prix one year and it messed up my alignment just enough to cause the car to pull to the side a little and even THAT drove me absolutely nuts, I can't imagine driving around with a wheel just bouncing around