Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

This is the best.

"Death is a nice guy, but he just won't stop yammering!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

The Leper Colon V posted:

They've gone back and forth on whether it's genetic memory, or if they're just insanely powerful psychics who don't know how to use it except via what's essentially a super-charged-psychic-placebo-effect.

The effect remains the same: If an Ork paints something red, and believes that will make it go faster, it will go faster.

The real question is -- does it stop working if the Ork isn't driving?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Sexpansion posted:

This is the best.

"Death is a nice guy, but he just won't stop yammering!"

Dude just dropped the king of all :yohoho:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Mr. Maltose posted:

Dude just dropped the king of all :yohoho:

:yohoho:"By the way, can I see your panties?"

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

DrSunshine posted:

The real question is -- does it stop working if the Ork isn't driving?

Yes.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Hate to do this, but ork trukks do actually work when driven by a non ork. They just don't work very well. It's happened once or twice in 40k novels, once in the Gaunt's Ghosts series.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
It doesn't matter what side you take - if you're arguing about WH40ks half-assed lore, you've already lost.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I could beat you people who think it works just because they believe it does in an argument, but I don't feel like finding enough pictures to keep the argument going in this thread. So let's just post Ork pictures instead.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

ORKZ

You see a lot of John Blanche posted in this thread, but I never found these particular galleries before. The first gallery has some particularly awesome poo poo in it.

Request: I'm running a D&D campaign set on several small moons that orbit a gas giant, at an implausibly close distance. I'm trying to find lots of pictures that illustrate huge, interesting cloud structures like this one or this one.

Alumnus Post
Dec 29, 2009

They are weird and troubling. We owe it to our neighbors to kill them.
Pillbug
Here's some Tsukushi Akihito. I wish he'd do less anime kids and more of these gorgeous landscapes. Warning - some are huge.

Another request: I'm running a Pirate World campaign, and I'm gonna need some seriously piratey art. Ships crashing into each other, badass crewmen, aquatic creatures, ports and docks, and things like that. :yarr:

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Whoever wanted it originally presumably already got one, but check out this kick-rear end gem dude I got off /ic/:

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

Only thing you need to know is that the Orks could loot an entire Emperor if they wanted

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
Kowloon Walled City was pretty fascinating guys

http://hongwrong.com/kowloon-walled-city-art/

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

clockworkjoe posted:

Kowloon Walled City was pretty fascinating guys

Hell yes it was.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Now I want to run a game based in the fortified settlement built inside a sports stadium.

BryanChavez
Sep 13, 2007

Custom: Heroic
Having A Life: Fair

goatface posted:

Now I want to run a game based in the fortified settlement built inside a sports stadium.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arles_Amphitheatre

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sort of, only less nice. They'd have to keep the centre space open for the farmland that produces their key vegetables, while well trained rangers go outside to hunt the huge violent beasts that roam the world for most of their calories. The open space at the top would be criss-crossed with wires to keep the giant predatory birds out, and there would be brave/foolhardy spotters up at the tops of thin towers to keep watch for the herds of megabeasts who could still destroy them and must be diverted.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

goatface posted:

Sort of, only less nice. They'd have to keep the centre space open for the farmland that produces their key vegetables, while well trained rangers go outside to hunt the huge violent beasts that roam the world for most of their calories. The open space at the top would be criss-crossed with wires to keep the giant predatory birds out, and there would be brave/foolhardy spotters up at the tops of thin towers to keep watch for the herds of megabeasts who could still destroy them and must be diverted.

So...Attack on Titan?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
On a much smaller scale, without the giant people or harpoon acrobats.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

goatface posted:

On a much smaller scale, without the giant people or harpoon acrobats.

Where's the fun in that?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's no fun if they can just grapple gun out of the way of the stampeding house-sized sheep.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

So more Monster Hunter.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Crosspost from the modelling thread, but I'm making some Silent Hill-style monsters for my players to fight, and I'm looking for inspiration on how to paint them up and how to design the encounters. Give me your crazy mad doomsday prophets and human-like things That Should Not Be.

My favourite surrealist, Zdidslaw Beksinski. His first name is pronounced "Shee-slaw" I'm told :poland:

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
Take a look at Barlowe's Inferno series. A lot of good distorted humans and weird creatures in their.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

Alright, I have a hopefully somewhat interesting request. Since I'm running a spygame in the vein of Alpha Protocol, I am looking for Spymans and Spyladies. Anyone who looks like they could be a spy, or a spy's asset, or an enemy of a spy, or someone who might help a spy...

I guess just modern and near-future characters who would fit into an action-y spy game, whether that's be-cocktail-dressed vixens, soldiers, helpful street urchins, things to that effect.

Ooh, ooh, or near-future landscapes! Like, um... well, like the Kowloon walled city posted above, or modern interiors. Kinda cyberpunk-y sci-fy-y but still grounded.

Places for spymans to be spies.

Spies.

Doomsayer fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Apr 12, 2014

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

:v:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Man, Alpha Protocol was the best.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Damnit, I just looked at the gelato guy and Steven Heck's shirt and sort of felt this weird connection that made me swear.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

goatface posted:

I think you said "Apocalypse World" so I'm here to help

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

Oh man, it didn't even dawn on me to use Alpha Protocol concept art, I will be stealing those :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Still on involuntary vacation from nonsurvival poo poo but have a thing.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Aw hell have some more

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Tollymain posted:

Still on involuntary vacation from nonsurvival poo poo but have a thing.

Jonesing for a telekinetic grilled cheese now.

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?
Have an annoying time wizard:

(Source)

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

So that is a hammer where the head is a high-caliber revolver barrel that is also gigantic.

That owns.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Mazed posted:

So that is a hammer where the head is a high-caliber revolver barrel that is also gigantic.

That owns.

Well he is trying to kill something the size of a skyscraper. Got a request, I wanna run a Warlock in an upcoming Dungeon World game and I had an idea to make him part of an emerging hive mind. I'm looking for pictures of people with Something Else looking out from behind their eyes, if that makes sense.

As payment here are pictures of spaceships because spaceships are cool you guys.

Talky
Mar 26, 2010

Benagain posted:

Well he is trying to kill something the size of a skyscraper. Got a request, I wanna run a Warlock in an upcoming Dungeon World game and I had an idea to make him part of an emerging hive mind. I'm looking for pictures of people with Something Else looking out from behind their eyes, if that makes sense.

Maybe some of these are sort of along the lines of what you're looking for? Some are more (un)subtle then others.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Benagain posted:

Got a request, I wanna run a Warlock in an upcoming Dungeon World game and I had an idea to make him part of an emerging hive mind. I'm looking for pictures of people with Something Else looking out from behind their eyes, if that makes sense.

I found this before learning that 'soulless eyes' is a favoured description for black people on various white supremacist websites.

MustacheFeeling
May 7, 2007

Rugged, self-assured, adult… these are the words that describe the man who wears a mustache.
I have seen many esoteric and interesting requests in both this thread and its predecessor, so it is with some shame that I'm going to make a pretty mundane request. I'm looking for images of a warrior wielding a hammer one-handed, preferably with a shield, black hair, and armor that's not plate, but well above a loin cloth. My GIS yielded a bunch of images of Thor, and young Robert Baratheon (which would have been perfect except he always had his gently caress-off helmet with giant antlers going on). This image is the best I've found so far:

Since I'm making a request, I'll also share some cool poo poo. Someone a few pages back posted a sweet pencil art, and that reminded me of my favorite artist to draw Conan that isn't named Frank Frazetta: Tomás Giorello.

(color by José Villarrubia)

He has posted a shitload of his pencils on his blog, and it's totally worth it to dive in for his 2 page battle spreads, which are magnificent (and a reason to get the issues over the TPBs). Anyway, enjoy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Wayne Douglas Barlowe's Inferno

:black101:

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Apr 16, 2014