Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

tbp posted:

College complaint: feminist club keeps doing slam poetry about rape at all hours which keeps me away when i am trying to sleep.

You should go flirt with them, maybe buy them a round of drinks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Of all the things I'm worried about, it's not my grades, my rapidly/already lovely financial situation, or my incessant drug use.

No, the one thing I'm worried about is whether or not my girlfriend is giving an enthusiastic "YES" before I put my dipstick in her. Thanks college, for getting those priorities straight.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

tbp posted:

College complaint: slam poetry

That's all you needed to say.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

A White Guy posted:

Of all the things I'm worried about, it's not my grades, my rapidly/already lovely financial situation, or my incessant drug use.

No, the one thing I'm worried about is whether or not my girlfriend is giving an enthusiastic "YES" before I put my dipstick in her. Thanks college, for getting those priorities straight.

Rape is a bit more serious than grades and financial aid.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

A White Guy posted:

Name/post combo of the year contender right here.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
College complaint: Latino students extra good at english 201 because they know all about essays

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

College complaint: Goon students extra good at english 201 because they know all about SA

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
College complaint: That guy riding around on his skateboard makes me feel like a dweeb.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Hello FYAD, how are you today?

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

kazil posted:

Rape is a bit more serious than grades and financial aid.

It certainly is. And it's a good thing that colleges are addressing this problem after so many years.

At least I got free condoms for listening to a skinny lesbian chick berate a crowd of mostly dudes about consent for thirty minutes :shrug:.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

A White Guy posted:

It certainly is. And it's a good thing that colleges are addressing this problem after so many years.

At least I got free condoms for listening to a skinny lesbian chick berate a crowd of mostly dudes about consent for thirty minutes :shrug:.

Ha! Women, right? Always wanting to waste your time and get your consent. What dykes.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

ToxicSlurpee posted:

One other thing about public speaking is that relying very heavily on notecards looks very, very bad. It can be handy to have a notecard or two to remind you of what order you want to say stuff in, especially for a long speech, or to jot down numbers you can't seem to remember, but don't outline your whole speech and stare at your cards the entire time. It makes you look like you're terrified of the audience.

But I am terrified :ohdear:

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

tbp posted:

College complaint: Latino students extra good at english 201 because they know all about essays

quote:

There have been 61640 posts made by tbp, an average of 27.56 posts per day,

:gowron:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

College complaint: The local protein rendering service (which just recently went through a 'reprocessing dead pets into pet food scandal) picks up leftover grease and waste at 3 loving AM, running their pump for half an hour just outside my window.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
College complaint: every time i passionately trash the troops in poli sci class all the veteran students say mean things at me

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

Justin Godscock posted:

College complaint: every time i passionately trash the troops in poli sci class all the veteran students say mean things at me

This is specifically the reason I got out of Poly Sci. It's literally a dick measuring contest in the classroom. Literally every class has been two douchebags arguing while the teacher moderates.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

A White Guy posted:

This is specifically the reason I got out of Poly Sci. It's literally a dick measuring contest in the classroom. Literally every class has been two douchebags arguing while the teacher moderates.

It really depends if That Guy is in your class, I found.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Nope, poli sci sucks poo poo. It's not the professors' or even the discipline's fault, it's all the loving shitheads that sign up for it smugly because they have IMPORTANT THINGS TO SAY ABOUT POLITICS. You can avoid them for a while by sticking with stats, theory, or law, but it's way easier to just change your major to stats, philosophy, or pre-law and avoid all the goobers.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Justin Godscock posted:

The last three years have really whittled down my ability to cope with That Guys. Like to the point where it's entirely possible I will throttle one of them.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Ahaha, so thanks to the new automated attendance tracking system, I might have to give back all of my financial aid! Someone shoot me in the head please? I am beyond done with this bullshit.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Poli sci is where everyone goes so they can get better at proving their opinions right instead of learning things that could cause them to have better opinions.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

College complaint: Indian students who still talk with a slight accent despite being in America for 20 years wear khaki shorts and polos to the gym

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Justin Godscock posted:

I had a That Guy who responded to the professor mentioning illegal immigration as a diversion issue during campaigns by going on a five minute ramble about illegal immigration policy.

He was That Guy for the entire department, it was kind of funny. No one knew his name, but every single poli sci student knew who you meant when you talked about them, and it wasn't a small department by any means.

Astrofig posted:

Ahaha, so thanks to the new automated attendance tracking system, I might have to give back all of my financial aid! Someone shoot me in the head please? I am beyond done with this bullshit.

God, I would have been so hosed. I did best in the classes I never went to because of lovely professors, like Ethics and Organic Chemistry.

Now that I think about it, I feel like something is wrong with never going to Ethics and pulling an A-.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
The lovely thing is, I WENT TO EVERY SINGLE loving CLASS! I have no idea how it got the idea I skipped enough days for this, and of course the office is closed by now, and I have to work mornings tomorrow, so I can't call until afternoon! Yay me! What is sleep?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

tbp posted:

College complaint: Indian students who still talk with a slight accent despite being in America for 20 years wear khaki shorts and polos to the gym

Don't talk poo poo about Manmeet that guy is cool.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

Astrofig posted:

:stonk:

Your college is a unique variety of hell.

Sir_Substance
Dec 13, 2013

A White Guy posted:

:stonk:
Your college is a unique variety of hell.

I think at one stage one of the unis in my city tried have a swipe on attendance system. It took less then a week to degenerate into one guy swiping 20 student ID cards at the door, which meant the lecturer had to take attendance manually anyway, so it didn't last long.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

There were only a few classes at my colelge that had electronic attendance systems. These were usually the massive 100-200 people lectures, and it worked by everyone keying in a code on those electronic answering remotes and thus "signing in" to the class to answer lecture questions. Worked pretty drat well from what I saw.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
My uni's been affected by heartbleed and blackboard and the wifi have been up and down intermittently since last wednesday / thursday :suicide: It's the last week of semester before mid-semester break this week too. Thank gently caress all my assignments were due in before the majority of the problems started happening.

Thank christ I've heard from most people that their lecturers have been handing out extensions like candy, though, which is good.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Sir_Substance posted:

I think at one stage one of the unis in my city tried have a swipe on attendance system. It took less then a week to degenerate into one guy swiping 20 student ID cards at the door, which meant the lecturer had to take attendance manually anyway, so it didn't last long.

There's an old story about a student who had to miss class for some reason, so he arranged to leave a tape decider running in class to record the lecture. He found this so convenient that he eventually stopped attending class and just came to pick up and drop off his recorder. Other students decided to get in on this and began to coping him. Eventually in was just an empty class and one very annoyed professor. He didn't see why he had to keep showing up to talk to an empty room so he started making his own tapes. so the end result was one tape recorder lecturing to a class of other tape recorders.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

College complaint: kid who is trying to "reinvent" himself keeps inviting me to events that seem designed for elementary school students such as rock climbing and video game marathons in the dorm room

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Action-Bastard posted:

There were only a few classes at my colelge that had electronic attendance systems. These were usually the massive 100-200 people lectures, and it worked by everyone keying in a code on those electronic answering remotes and thus "signing in" to the class to answer lecture questions. Worked pretty drat well from what I saw.

Yeah, the only class I ever had with one of those was a 300 person pass-fail class where you could miss up to 5 classes during the semester, if I remember right.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

tbp posted:

College complaint: kid who is trying to "reinvent" himself keeps inviting me to events that seem designed for elementary school students such as rock climbing and video game marathons in the dorm room

I wish my dorm had been big enough to rock climb in.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

College complaint: newly out gay kid won't stop wearing stupidly flamboyant clothes and talking with a lisp

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

tbp posted:

College complaint: newly out gay kid won't stop wearing stupidly flamboyant clothes and talking with a lisp

It's required for my scholarship, sorry.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

College complaint: girl too dumb for engineering major thinks that it's about sexism or something retarded and nonexistent instead of her small brains

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
"You start with a 100% and can only lose points throughout the semester."

Who the gently caress originally came up with this, and what is his home address

GabrielAisling
Dec 21, 2011

The finest of all dances.
The one day I actually prepared for class, the teacher showed up just to cancel class. It was my only class of the day. I could have been sleeping. :argh:

I just paid $8.50 for a glass of water. $17 if you count that I bought my boyfriend into the dining hall, but he hasn't touched anything at all. Why is it so hard to play a cafeteria menu that doesn't revolve around gravy?

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

GabrielAisling posted:

The one day I actually prepared for class, the teacher showed up just to cancel class. It was my only class of the day. I could have been sleeping. :argh:

I just paid $8.50 for a glass of water. $17 if you count that I bought my boyfriend into the dining hall, but he hasn't touched anything at all. Why is it so hard to play a cafeteria menu that doesn't revolve around gravy?

My cafeteria food groups are pizza, some sort of under/overcooked chewy poo poo, fried stuff from the grill that's pretty good.

8.50 for water is highway loving robbery. That'd had better be the best glass of water you literally ever drank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Is it $8.50 to just use the dining hall, or is water actually priced that loving high? Because that's the one thing that's totally free here!

• Locked thread