Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sundayturks
May 31, 2011

You were expecting...Sandy Claws?

Fun Shoe
Apparently all Maori warriors are built like Eric Pickles, not a goddamn brick wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Sundayturks posted:

Apparently all Maori warriors are built like Eric Pickles, not a goddamn brick wall.

For reference, the actual meeting:

Note that Mac placed this meeting in a sun-baked outback(?), not a grassy field on a grey windy day.

Edit: They also just shook hands. The hongi was with the (suited) Maori elders.

Kegluneq fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Apr 9, 2014

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Kegluneq posted:

She was actually wearing high heels so that's hardly the worst aspect of that cartoon. Oh noes, an unusual looking individual! This is clearly an unpleasant situation!

Yeah but not extremely high heels - I just thought it was funny that he's doing his 'lithe young lovely' style with ARE PRINCESS but he obviously can't get away with too much, so he sneaked in a pair of stripper shoes and has her bending over (which apparently never even happened?) for a bit of leg definition under the skirt.

Mac's really good technically, especially for proportions and perspective, when he does subtle details they're precise and careful about what they're describing. It's not glaringly obvious this time, but that's why it's funny to me :shobon: The stupid and lazy stereotyping is par for the course

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

baka kaba posted:

Yeah but not extremely high heels - I just thought it was funny that he's doing his 'lithe young lovely' style with ARE PRINCESS but he obviously can't get away with too much, so he sneaked in a pair of stripper shoes and has her bending over (which apparently never even happened?) for a bit of leg definition under the skirt.
She did rub noses with the Maori woman to the left in that photograph, for which she presumably did have to bend over (if only slightly). And she was also wearing high stiletto heels in a muddy field...

I think my main issue with your argument is that I can't see Mac's Kate as being even remotely sexy, even in intent. She has the gurning face of all his (thin) women.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
"I'm not skinny enough, I knew that eating an ice cube last Wednesday would come back to haunt me! I need two vertical columns of silver buttons STAT."

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Kegluneq posted:

She did rub noses with the Maori woman to the left in that photograph, for which she presumably did have to bend over (if only slightly). And she was also wearing high stiletto heels in a muddy field...

I think my main issue with your argument is that I can't see Mac's Kate as being even remotely sexy, even in intent. She has the gurning face of all his (thin) women.

Because it's channelling that typical pinup pose, woman bent over, straight legs, heels so high it's practically a straight line across the top of the foot through the ankle and up the leg.

Mac has this tendency to draw everyone as cartoony, but with some women he goes full cheesecake/saucy seaside postcard style

Anyway that's enough about analysing Mac's poses, I feel dirty

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

baka kaba posted:

Because it's channelling that typical pinup pose, woman bent over, straight legs, heels so high it's practically a straight line across the top of the foot through the ankle and up the leg.
She's nowhere near 90 degrees, her legs are bent and those aren't an unreasonable representation of the actual shoes she was wearing. :colbert:

quote:

Anyway that's enough about analysing Mac's poses, I feel dirty
The rest on the other hand :barf:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Hey at least I left out the naked ones

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Maria Miller's resignation - Maria Miller has quits leaving David Cameron weakened by the sleaze row"

Telegraph:

Sajid Javid named culture secretary after Miller exit

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
"Maria Miller the culture minister has resigned."

quote:

“Is it my imagination or has he got smaller?”

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Yessss fur cup is back with a vengeance

That Mac one's confusing for a moment, until you realise it's meant to be Cameron. "Is it me or has that random guy got smaller", I don't know Mac has he??

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Thats an awful Cameron, his black hair of course being the worst of it but the rest isn't too Cameron-like either. Love the Indie one the most though Bell probably has the best joke. Times' is the worst of the current lot, didn't one of the other comics make that same joke the other day?

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

His little red Fauntleroy shoes :allears:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the Tamiflu controversy – Britain spent £424m on Tamiflu, a drug that shortens bouts but is no cure"

Telegraph:

New Culture Secretary Sajid Javid used to work for George Osbourne; Prince George appears at first engagement of royal tour

Independent:

Maria Miller's resignation reduces the number of women in Cabinet to 3.

Times:

Nigel Evans verdict: MPs criticise police and CPS over prosecution

Mail:
"An 88 year old ex ballerina has brought out a fitness DVD especially for older people."

quote:

“I bet you slept well after following that fitness DVD for eighty year olds.”

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on George Osborne's rebuke to critics of austerity – The chancellor attempts to demolish claims that a further five years of austerity will restrict growth and hurt workers' living standards"

Telegraph:

Sue Townsend, author of Adrian Mole books, dies aged 68

Independent:

After Winslow Homer.

Times:

Liberal Democrats are pointless, says sacked former minister

Stephen Collins:

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Because this Stephen Collins is quite good, and political:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Thanks, Wolfsbane.

Observer:

"Putin tightens his grip - Chris Riddell on Russia's hardline foreign policy"

Sunday Telegraph:

SNP conference: Salmond attacks 'negative and depressing' No campaign; London Marathon 2014.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

I don't know if he's making some kind of deliberate statement but he's basically undermined his own metaphor here, by having cameron a) awake and b) right next to the finish line. Unless that hare has some kind of crippling leg injury he's going to be able to win that race any time he likes.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on George Osborne's rebuke to critics of austerity – The chancellor attempts to demolish claims that a further five years of austerity will restrict growth and hurt workers' living standards"

Cute Growth Sloth! :3:

Last two weeks of If...:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the IPCC climate change report – Landmark UN analysis concludes global roll-out of clean energy would shave only a tiny fraction off economic growth"

Telegraph:

Minister 'failed to punish Tory official for gay orgy’

Independent:

Times:

London Marathon 2014: In pictures

Express:

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

"My name is Shirley T. Sinoit-Pecer, and I'm a receptionist. Come back to my office, I have a name plate that says so."

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the Tories' travails – A new Guardian/ICM poll shows that support for the Conservatives has slipped by 3% after their post-budget bounce"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Conservative MPs get code of conduct to combat 'bullying'

Times:

Farage could face investigation into EU expenses

Mail:
"Some schools in Birmingham are under investigation over claims that they are being taken over by Islamic extremists."

quote:

“Of course you know best, Headmaster. But we’re just a teensy weensy bit concerned about the new school uniform.”

Express:

Royals remember New Zealand earthquake victims

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Scarfe

"Scientists have found that they have minuscule brains, but are brilliant at cunning, evasive action."

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I love the word 'hoist' and I love everything about Farage, so it's officially my favourite cartoon so far.

nuzak
Feb 13, 2012

This one's great.

This one can gently caress off. I am so, so convinced this entire story is complete lies that gets picked up by racists.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Yeah, I remember seeing some of the article about the so-called Muslim takeover. It's evidence amounted to:

Teachers were nervous around an inspector
Boys were hanging out with other boys, and girls with girls
Sure were a lot of ethnics...

nuzak
Feb 13, 2012

Elfface posted:

Yeah, I remember seeing some of the article about the so-called Muslim takeover. It's evidence amounted to:

Teachers were nervous around an inspector
Boys were hanging out with other boys, and girls with girls
Sure were a lot of ethnics...

Don't forget the LEAKED DOCUMENTS detailing, in an expository fashion that would make blofeld wince, the exact details of OPERATION: TROJAN HORSE

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Nigel Farage – Ukip leader Nigel Farage has angrily rejected media claims that he might have abused EU expenses" After Matisse.

Telegraph:

'Blood moon' eclipse seen over Americas

Independent:

Scottish independence: Yes vote 'would harm navy'

Times:

Italy ex-PM Berlusconi to do community service - court

Mail:

quote:

‘Bad news I’m afraid, Mr Binks. You have chronic amnesia and an unhealthy tolerance for disgusting fat slobs. I think you’re turning into a Liberal Democrat.’

Express:

Police close in on "Big News Sign" vandals

nuzak
Feb 13, 2012
loving loving loving christ

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

This is so close to being a really good / depressing cartoon.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Except that you know he's blaming the homeless for being feckless enough not to have invested in property, the idiots, and there's no irony involved at all and there never will be.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

BastardySkull posted:

Except that you know he's blaming the homeless for being feckless enough not to have invested in property, the idiots, and there's no irony involved at all and there never will be.

I think you've missed the point of it honestly, its pretty obvious that its a rich get richer joke. As far as I can tell Thomas is a (conservative leaning) populist and though he's not saying that the property bubble is unfair he is pointing out that its one thing that homeless people literally cannot do.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Cliff Racer posted:

I think you've missed the point of it honestly, its pretty obvious that its a rich get richer joke. As far as I can tell Thomas is a (conservative leaning) populist and though he's not saying that the property bubble is unfair he is pointing out that its one thing that homeless people literally cannot do.

On the other hand, it's the Express.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Cliff Racer posted:

Ooh thats a bit of a stretch. I don't think he is being a social crusader, its more looking down the nose.I don't think those are cans of Tizer, and the filth ready to pounce on those suspicious under bridge dwellers.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Tesco and food banks – Tesco boss under mounting pressure as retailer's share of the UK grocery market finds itself at a 10-year low"

Telegraph:

Police investigate after Ed Balls hits parked car

Independent:

ONS: After six years, wage rises match inflation

Times:

Mail:
"A gentlemen’s hairdresser has upset North Koreans by portraying their leader Kim Jong-un in the window of his shop."

quote:

Never mind about the football. Have you been upsetting the North Koreans again?

Express:

Giant rats: More pictures of huge rodents emerge

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

I'm genuinely surprised theres not Swarthy Looking Foreign Types hanging around Thomas' bins

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

I'm genuinely surprised theres not Swarthy Looking Foreign Types hanging around Thomas' bins

Safe to assume they are in the bin bags. Also, first I have heard of giant rats, and I live by a river, frankly the swans are more of a worry. It may be a cunning ploy. Giant rats from overflowing rivers and sewers, which of course are the result of the rain over christmas, which happened because God hates us for allowing gay people to marry. Its another biblical plague.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

What do you think that cartoon is really about?

What's going on with the Times one? I'm guessing it's a parody, otherwise...

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's really about the SHAMEFUL DISGRACE of fortnightly bin pickups. Look at all those black sacks. Terrible how those foreigner lovers in government leave all our rubbish lying around and attracting vermin.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
yeah Pickles isn't a Good English Name at all, the red-faced econazi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I smiled at this mac, am I a bad person :ohdear:

To be fair, it's mainly the story I find funny.

• Locked thread