Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i heard they were going to shut the servers down tomorrow because the game was dead c/d?

Confirmed. All the posts in this thread about how the game is the most active it's been since launch are just the fevered dreams of madmen. Kudos to those who were able to read the truth on mmo fan sites and didn't stoop to looking for themselves to find out.

Ah mmo players. :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty nub
Jan 19, 2009

I can't find a set of heavy boots to match the rest of my outfit, pretty sure games dead.

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children
I will fondly remember all those ERP sessions in Heart of the Mists with the Dental esports team.

Filipino Freakout
Mar 20, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
I poked around last night for the first time in months, the UI changes for traits etc seems clunky as poo poo, not sure why they changed it but in all it looks like they're heading things in the right direction again.

Can't wait to try some WvW tonight but I will probably be completely lost with the massive changes there. Do we still have decent commanders on Maguuma?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Incantus posted:

I poked around last night for the first time in months, the UI changes for traits etc seems clunky as poo poo, not sure why they changed it but in all it looks like they're heading things in the right direction again.

Can't wait to try some WvW tonight but I will probably be completely lost with the massive changes there. Do we still have decent commanders on Maguuma?

You may have to put up with pubbie mumble, but they're generally ok.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
I logged in for the first time in almost 7 hours and everyone is just standing around dyeing their armor.

Games dead?

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Game is dying, but at least we all will look fabulous while it happens.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Does completing a story mode dungeon unlock that pvp track account wide? Actually, does story mode work like that in general? The wiki isn't super clear and I'm not sure I've ever done one.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
The death knell of the game was when they took away our personalities.

First they came for the personalities.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

The death knell of the game was when they took away our personalities.

First they came for the personalities.

I didn't speak up, because I don't have a personalit- wait gently caress

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

First they came for the barbaric, and I did not speak up because I was too captivating.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I'm dyeing here guys.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Incantus posted:

All the wubwubing I've done recently has been k-training with Tyr and Nacho. They both kind of live up to the spazzy mumble commander stereotype, but they're both really effective commanders at field engagements. I've only really seen the zerg wipe when massively outnumbered.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'm dyeing here guys.

In butter, lemonade and harvest gold.

(And even more butter chicken you gross lardball. )

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'm dyeing here guys.

I know you guys are having fun poking the chumps but the removal of personalities and tonicization of khaki shorts is the greatest blow to RP since the removal of the Asura abortion clinic on Tarnished Coast last year.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Everything aside, I am just excited that I can swap my infused accessories and weapons between characters. Now I can run 49s on all of my characters and save my guild comms for uh, something, I guess

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Visidan posted:

I know you guys are having fun poking the chumps but the removal of personalities and tonicization of khaki shorts is the greatest blow to RP since the removal of the Asura abortion clinic on Tarnished Coast last year.

This.

RIP my immersion.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
People are dumping Dyes on AH for like a few silver, forgetting that they can be possibly toileted for an upgrade that sells for 10g+ loving this.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Visidan posted:

You say that like it's funny but I was there. God those guys are creepy.

Anyone know if there are cone hats? I have a witch's hat and that's pretty cone-like but I am going for the dunce look.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Schpyder posted:

Holy poo poo it's Mono! Have you even played since champ bags and world boss UI chests with the guaranteed rares were implemented?

Anything that's not a precursor is vendor trash.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

ShadowMoo posted:

People are dumping Dyes on AH for like a few silver, forgetting that they can be possibly toileted for an upgrade that sells for 10g+ loving this.

Yeah, too bad I'm too busy to take advantage of this as per usual. I did manage to get every blue and green dye, and gave my bro some cash to do the same.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Monomythian posted:

That's a bit extreme but I understand your point. It ties back to the fact that the vast majority of loot feels like nothing but whatever it's value is in gold. Which in turn ties back to a design decision in this game to allow players to "just play however they want". Not that I am against such an idea. It's just that Anet's approach to accomplishing that goal was to normalize loot a lot more than what we are used to. This solution has the unfortunate side effect of making the list of goals that a player makes for themselves feel too similar in the sense that too many boil down to a gold grind and in very rare cases a karma grind.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Xavier434 posted:

That's a bit extreme but I understand your point. It ties back to the fact that the vast majority of loot feels like nothing but whatever it's value is in gold. Which in turn ties back to a design decision in this game to allow players to "just play however they want". Not that I am against such an idea. It's just that Anet's approach to accomplishing that goal was to normalize loot a lot more than what we are used to. This solution has the unfortunate side effect of making the list of goals that a player makes for themselves feel too similar in the sense that too many boil down to a gold grind and in very rare cases a karma grind.

I think he was poking fun at his wealth more so than he was whining about the existential meaning of the loot that ferocious buttcows drop when you shoot them with fire.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

Monomythian posted:

You're right guaranteed rare item drops that net me tons of gold every day are just absolute garbage with no redeeming value what so ever.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

ItBurns posted:

I think he was poking fun at his wealth more so than he was whining about the existential meaning of the loot that ferocious buttcows drop when you shoot them with fire.

Maybe..I honestly can't tell even after reading the posts again unless I missed something.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Mono isn't himself guys, don't worry. His corpse was reanimated and is full of spite and envy.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Xavier434 posted:

Maybe..I honestly can't tell even after reading the posts again unless I missed something.

Trying to untangle the knot of snark, counter-snark, sarcasm, and down right fallacious posts in a goon MMO thread could keep a whole team of linguists employed for eternity.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Murgos posted:

Trying to untangle the knot of snark, counter-snark, sarcasm, and down right fallacious posts in a goon MMO thread could keep a whole team of linguists employed for eternity.

And then you also have cletus and nilgoow.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Murgos posted:

Don't forget the puns.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
:siren: FALSE ALARM, GAME NOT DEAD :siren:

When I logged in last night I saw literally 2 other people at Vigil Keep. Guess I logged in right after a hotfix since it restarted my client and downloaded something when I zoned. Anyway, I see lots of people now.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Pre patch gw2 zones are like the airport in Stephen Kings "The Langoliers"

Werner-Boogle
Jan 23, 2009
Will we be notified somewhere when more zones are activated on the :siren: MEGASERVER :siren: ?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Werner-Boogle posted:

Will we be notified somewhere when more zones are activated on the :siren: MEGASERVER :siren: ?

Pretty safe to assume that:

1) Anet will tell us.
2) People will post about it here.
3) It will be incredibly obvious ingame as populations will skyrocket.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'm dyeing here guys.

Guild Wars 2: Why do I keep dyeing

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Megaserver-Rollout-Update/first#post3909472

Megaservers currently active in these zones.

The Grove
Heart of the Mist
Black Citadel
Timberline Falls
Southsun Cove
Rata Sum
Straits of Devastation
Fields of Ruin
Brisban Wildlands
Hoelbrak
Iron Marches
Blazeridge Steppes
Dredgehaunt Cliffs

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Megaserver-Rollout-Update/first#post3909472

Megaservers currently active in these zones.

The Grove
Heart of the Mist
Black Citadel
Timberline Falls
Southsun Cove
Rata Sum
Straits of Devastation
Fields of Ruin
Brisban Wildlands
Hoelbrak
Iron Marches
Blazeridge Steppes
Dredgehaunt Cliffs

Not DR?! Jesus, so the billion loving people in DR last night were real Maguumans. This patch is awesome because of how many people it's brought back. SFD was insane last night, felt like launch and it was amazing and fun.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Diablo 3 is getting boring, so I'm thinking about reinstalling GW2 and giving it a go again. What kind of direction have they been pulling this game in lately? Is it still all esports and temporary content, or have they finally given up on that garbage? Has Anet come up with a reason for me to play anything other than a Warrior or Guardian in PvE?

Illuyankas posted:

I didn't speak up, because I don't have a personalit- wait gently caress

Oh hey what's up Illu

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

No matter how things may seem to change, never forget who you are
More MEGASERVER maps are being enabled at 12:15!

Harathi Hinterlands
Fireheart Rise
Snowden Drifts
Mount Maelstrom
Malchor's Leap

MEGASERVER ALL THE THINGS

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I appreciate them trying to make the dead zones less dead with the megaserver stuff and all, but do they have plans on addressing the reason these zones are dead in the first place? i.e. nothing worthwhile to do after zone completion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

gandlethorpe posted:

I appreciate them trying to make the dead zones less dead with the megaserver stuff and all, but do they have plans on addressing the reason these zones are dead in the first place? i.e. nothing worthwhile to do after zone completion

Yes, more living stories.

• Locked thread