Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Yeah, I think I like Spencer a lot more in-game than as a human being. Oh well.

I really like that I'm a fan of both opposing alliances, minus the beauty contingent. In the past rooted for one and gotten disappointed. This time, I'm just excited to see how it plays out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013

blue squares posted:

Parvati's just a Shallow bitch.

This is great.

Huge Liability
Mar 2, 2010
I don't like Spencer very much because he is not interesting to me. I enjoyed watching him flip out and kick the ground, and it was funny when he tricked Kass, but he has not been very entertaining overall. He may be playing well, but I just don't find him fun to watch. I like entertaining players more than smart players, and we've seen plenty of players who were both.

In a mediocre season, I think I'd like Spencer a lot more. But this season has had so many good characters that Spencer comes off as a boring, humorless nerd by comparison.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
S29/30 theme rumors (sort of, they haven't decided yet). Apparently since Cagayan is doing so well they're thinking of doing more newbie seasons, less returnees

http://survivorsucks.com/topic/88775/Season-30-real-possibility-stars?page=47

edit: Seems like the official Cagayan intro aired in Thailand a while back. Here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3WrROni5es

JesusSinfulHands fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Apr 14, 2014

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
Good. It may be a crap shoot, but I have grown so tired of returnee/fan favorite seasons. This one was really refreshing and while I can see why the network pushes those for more name appeal, but they lack something that these have.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Jack Skeleton posted:

Good. It may be a crap shoot, but I have grown so tired of returnee/fan favorite seasons. This one was really refreshing and while I can see why the network pushes those for more name appeal, but they lack something that these have.

I'm not a big Survivor fan, and I've only really seen Blood v Water and this Season, but with that very limited sample size I like this season more. The returning veterans just had too large an advantage in the game and the metagame (manipulating producers, receiving favoritism idols) and it made it one-sided and a little boring. The newbies flounder a bit and seeing someone get a grip on the game is a lot more entertaining.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
I like returning players but they should probably be restricted to 'all-star' seasons. Not that FvF hasn't been good, but returning players often do have a pretty big advantage.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I wouldn't mind them doing an All-Star season for 30. Every five seasons I think would be enough time for either an all-star or FvF to build up a good enough cast of returnees that we'd all love to see.

e: the spoiler from that link on which way they seem to be leaning for s29 makes me happy.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Final seems late this season. We have nine people left but we still have six episodes left, assuming Wikipedia is right about the finale being on May 21 and also assuming that we don't miss an episode in there somewhere. That'd leave us with four people going into the finale...final 2 this season?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Poque posted:

Final seems late this season. We have nine people left but we still have six episodes left, assuming Wikipedia is right about the finale being on May 21 and also assuming that we don't miss an episode in there somewhere. That'd leave us with four people going into the finale...final 2 this season?

Is there a possibility that the weird numbers has to do with the Tyler Perry idol? This is pure speculation but I think some people might want it spoilered so The fact that Jeff called it a "new idol" instead of the early over powered idol. Perhaps, nobody goes home if the Tyler Perry idol is played to save someone?

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Apr 14, 2014

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

IcePhoenix posted:

I wouldn't mind them doing an All-Star season for 30. Every five seasons I think would be enough time for either an all-star or FvF to build up a good enough cast of returnees that we'd all love to see.

e: the spoiler from that link on which way they seem to be leaning for s29 makes me happy.

I'm having trouble parsing those posts, the guy with the leaked info didn't say it but seemed to confirm another poster, are you talking about all-newbie Blood vs. Water? I really like that idea.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Poque posted:

I've been holding out hope that this could possibly the case, although I think it'd be kind of lovely to pull a shock final 2 on a cast of newbies. People have talked about getting to the final three during the season, right? Mainly, I just really, really want them to go back to a final 2.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction

xbilkis posted:

I've been holding out hope that this could possibly the case, although I think it'd be kind of lovely to pull a shock final 2 on a cast of newbies. People have talked about getting to the final three during the season, right?

This is part of what would make it great. Undermine those assumptions in the final 6, and watch the chaos.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008

Factor Mystic posted:

This is part of what would make it great. Undermine those assumptions in the final 6, and watch the chaos.

In the past, they haven't announced surprise Final 2s beforehand, meaning the only chaos we would get would be around at the Final 3 when they unexpectedly have to vote off another person.

The problem with the Final 2 vs. 3 situation is that, while I think Final 2s are better (prevents a strong 3-person alliance from holding a majority for the last few TCs) it's only effective if they know the Final 2 is coming. If not, you still get the same boring endgame, just with a bigger chance that someone deserving gets knocked out right before the final TC (like Micronesia). And of course, Probst will just simplify things and say "see! Final 3's ARE better!" while missing the bigger picture.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ror posted:

I'm having trouble parsing those posts, the guy with the leaked info didn't say it but seemed to confirm another poster, are you talking about all-newbie Blood vs. Water? I really like that idea.

Yeah, that's what I was referring to. I think a lot of people in the thread that season were talking about how much they would like to see the concept done without returning players that already knew a ton about each other, myself included, so I'm hoping it happens

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother
As much as I would love to be on Survivor, I would never want to be a newbie on a season with half-returnees. I'd rather get stuck on the worst tribe ever.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
It depends on what sort of returnees they cast. With players like Coach or Phillip there is an opportunity to go the Sophie route and ride behind the big target to the end. Bringing back terrible players like Russell Swan and Mike Skupin is also fine. Boston Rob not so much.

More returnees like Genrebear or Bobdawg. Save players like Yul or Marty for all star seasons.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Give us Marty and Spencer together on the worst tribe ever please.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

BGrifter posted:

It depends on what sort of returnees they cast. With players like Coach or Phillip there is an opportunity to go the Sophie route and ride behind the big target to the end. Bringing back terrible players like Russell Swan and Mike Skupin is also fine. Boston Rob not so much.

More returnees like Genrebear or Bobdawg. Save players like Yul or Marty for all star seasons.

It's not about chances of winning, it would just really cheapen the experience.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I've seen every episode of every season of Survivor and I have no problems putting Kass in the bottom 5 worst players of all time list with Lil, Dreamz, Leif, and [Insert One World player of choice]. In a season with Brains, Brawn and Beauty I can confidently say she is the only competitor who has none of those qualities. She delusionally thinks she's running the game, nobody likes her, she's not trustworthy, she can't contribute in challenges or at camp or socially, she seems to get off on ruining strategy and straight up reduced her standing from at worst bottom of 5 to at best bottom of 6. I guess she can be taken to the final 3 as a goat, but she's not a trustworthy vote so I doubt anyone will want to drag her along when Jefra is available and will vote however she's told.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Bigass Moth posted:

I've seen every episode of every season of Survivor and I have no problems putting Kass in the bottom 5 worst players of all time list with Lil, Dreamz, Leif, and [Insert One World player of choice]. In a season with Brains, Brawn and Beauty I can confidently say she is the only competitor who has none of those qualities. She delusionally thinks she's running the game, nobody likes her, she's not trustworthy, she can't contribute in challenges or at camp or socially, she seems to get off on ruining strategy and straight up reduced her standing from at worst bottom of 5 to at best bottom of 6. I guess she can be taken to the final 3 as a goat, but she's not a trustworthy vote so I doubt anyone will want to drag her along when Jefra is available and will vote however she's told.

J'tia needs to be in that bottom 5 list. I assume we aren't counting quitters.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
I have a hard time ranking Leif that low. I don't recall liking him that much, but it seemed like he actually tried.

Same with Dreamz who I completely dislike. I don't recall him being a bad competitor. He screwed over the guys who were going to take control. But he's mostly unpopular, I think, because he screwed over the goons' favorite player. But he made the smart decision for his gameplay. If it had been Boston Rob doing it, I think people would have been more understanding.

Can't believe I'm "defending" Leif and Dreamz.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Bottom five is really hard to do, especially if we're removing quitters.

I'd have a hard time throwing anybody in from the first few seasons, since the show was still getting its bearings. Sarah from Marquesas is a possibility for being super entitled. John - first boot from Thailand - made everybody hate him by pretending that a gross puddle was their water supply. As much as I like the guy, Bill from One World was a vote to give up immunity and that ultimately got him voted out, so I would have to consider him up there. I'd want to throw in Chet but he stayed in longer than Joel, so that has to count for something. Ashley/Natalie from Redemption Island didn't do a single thing the entire game, but Ashley might be worse since Natalie at least made it to the final three.

Willard from Palau? That racist dude from ... Samoa?

Zane is a possible candidate - not just for overscheming but for doing it very obviously and poorly.

Oh...forget all them. It's Shannon from Nicaragua.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Oh yeah, this racist piece of poo poo is definitely one of the worst players.

What about Colton? Does he get points for helping the show ratings? He was an awful, selfish human being.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Juanito posted:

What about Colton? Does he get points for helping the show ratings? He was an awful, selfish human being.

I'd include him but typing his name gives me the willies. Also he's a quitter now and possibly twice.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I think we can all agree that Colton and NaOnka are the two worst Survivor contestants. At least personality wise.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I don't know that I would include Colton if only because it was very very clear that he never intended to actually play.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

They're the two worst human beings to appear on the television show Survivor.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Lone Goat posted:

They're the two worst human beings to appear on the television show Survivor.

I don't know about that. Depending on how you feel about dogs Heidik has to be in the running for worst human.

Outside of the game Jonny Fairplay has to be a serious contender as well even if his Pearl Island game is one of my favourites. His gameplay was fantastic but drat did he turn out to be a dirtbag once off the show. Rob C had to stop having him on RHAP cause he'd always be drunk during interviews and one time did a podcast in bed with a prostitute.

Worst players is kind of a crapshoot. An early boot like Zane or Wanda is tempting. I'd want to give Rupert the "did so little when given so much" award for the most useless person to play four times.

Kass is definitely a top contender for most self destructive player. Not every day you see someone trade down from a top three spot to sixth or worse because ???

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
My point was that Kass has no plan and no understanding of strategy at all. At every possible decision point she has made the worst move not just for herself, but for anyone in her alliance. Voting out your two strongest men first in the game is a dumb move because you have less chance of winning challenges and thus keeping yourself and your allies in the game. I doubt either of those guys were going to target her since they likely would have feuded with each other or moved their aim to J'Tia. Keeping J'tia around was another boneheaded "we will lose every challenge but I don't care" move that made no sense now or then. Flipping on her tribe where she had a pretty good thing going due to paranoia and personal spite was one of the worst Survivor moves I've ever seen. Now, she thinks shes some sort of game-changing player, which I suppose she is, but wild cards don't get votes when they piss off literally every jury member to get to the end. It may turn out to be a good 2nd/3rd place strategy but I honestly don't think she has the ability to see that far ahead and is just being Chaos Kass because she's stupid as gently caress.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Also annoying is giving herself a nickname. gently caress "Chaos Kass", people need to stop perpetuating that crap. We need a better nickname for her like Handi-Kassed or something.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Half-Kassed.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Actually DumbKass is probably best.

Midrena
May 2, 2009

BGrifter posted:

Also annoying is giving herself a nickname. gently caress "Chaos Kass", people need to stop perpetuating that crap. We need a better nickname for her like Handi-Kassed or something.

I'm guessing at this point we're all hoping she'll be Kassed Away.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

BGrifter posted:

Awful ideas. Just terrible. Kass this thread, mods :v:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Propaganda Machine posted:

Awful ideas. Just terrible. Kass this thread, mods :v:

ahahaha

#KassChamber

Officer Koala Fart
Feb 26, 2014

Gun Saliva
Kasstastrophe?

So who goes home tonight? Kass? Tony? Woo?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Schmitty42 posted:

Kasstastrophe?

So who goes home tonight? Kass? Tony? Woo?

Probably Tasha. Spencer if he gets blindsided. I'm guessing we're 1-2 weeks away from Tony/LJ splitting for real. Usually whatever is in the preview, expect the opposite to happen.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I still think short of her winning immunity, the majority alliance is cutting Kass' loony bullshit out tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

sportsgenius86 posted:

I still think short of her winning immunity, the majority alliance is cutting Kass' loony bullshit out tonight.

Never underestimate a goat. She's super unreliable though, so maybe not a great goat.

I thought she was ok at the start of the season too, but then the crazy came out.

• Locked thread