Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I hope Glover kisses him at the weigh-in stare off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Even ignoring the photo that was taken during the time Jones' phone was supposedly stolen, who the heck would steal someones phone, find someone on twitter who was heckling the owner, find that person on instagram and just leave comments on their photos?

That's some Chris Christie poo poo Jon, get it together.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Fag poo poo

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Even ignoring the photo that was taken during the time Jones' phone was supposedly stolen, who the heck would steal someones phone, find someone on twitter who was heckling the owner, find that person on instagram and just leave comments on their photos?

This is every HELP MY PHONE WAS STOLEN, ANY PICTURES OF ME YOU SEE SUCKING A MAN'S DICK ARE THE WORK OF HACKERS AND NO MORE QUESTIONS AND FURTHERMORE YOU CAN'T PROVE ANYTHING backpedal. No one's accounts are ever hacked and then filled with highly specialized, researched behavior

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Bluedeanie posted:

Nah, he didn't check in from a utility pole

Nice.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
To quote Dave Meltzer, why is it that it's always drug addicts who get their phones hacked?

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011
I'm seriously disappointed no one has yet mentioned Fabio Maldonado in the current discussion about the coolest UFC fighters that Panama Red should check out.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Meat Recital posted:

To quote Dave Meltzer, why is it that it's always drug addicts who get their phones hacked?

Well being on drugs makes it easier to lose your phone somewhere so someone can access it without your knowledge

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice
I was early if anything to hop on the herb hater bandwagon, but for his last few fights I've had a real hard time sticking to it. Before the Gustaffson fight I was all ramped up to watch him lose and savor his delicious tears, but once the bell rings a switch gets flipped and I suddenly involuntarily just wanna see Jon smash a dude. It's this perpetual struggle where I keep tallying more and more reasons to admire him as a fighter and revile him as a person, and I'm hoping that the homophobia stuff pushes him over the line, but in all liklihood he'll invent a new technique in the first minute of the Glover fight that'll absolve him of his last ten slurs.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
At the end of the day it's his job to fight in a cage for my amusement, not bring equality to all peoples.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Decades posted:

I was early if anything to hop on the herb hater bandwagon, but for his last few fights I've had a real hard time sticking to it. Before the Gustaffson fight I was all ramped up to watch him lose and savor his delicious tears, but once the bell rings a switch gets flipped and I suddenly involuntarily just wanna see Jon smash a dude. It's this perpetual struggle where I keep tallying more and more reasons to admire him as a fighter and revile him as a person, and I'm hoping that the homophobia stuff pushes him over the line, but in all liklihood he'll invent a new technique in the first minute of the Glover fight that'll absolve him of his last ten slurs.

Rest easy knowing we've seen little to no unorthodox striking since he's won the belt. He still favors the super-fast elbow break from the clinch but I can't think of a time where he's leapfrogged a dude or whatever the gently caress else in a while.

Bluedeanie fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 16, 2014

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Decades posted:

I don't think people see the Herb as a bad fighter. He's obviously very skilled and well coached. Aside from his habit of trying to blind people with eye rakes he is a really fun fighter to watch. Jon Jones the person on the other hand is a pretty big piece of poo poo.

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011
I hate Jon Jones, but it seems way out of character for a guy so intent on pushing a good guy image, no matter how badly he goes about it and how much more hateable he ends up being because of the level of insincerity that shines through it, to go on a twitter homophobic rant out of nowhere against some unknown swedish kid. But maybe he was blind drunk, wouldn't put it past him.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
The seed of my dislike for JJ was planted when he was signing posters for his title fight as CHAMPION 2013, and then flowered when he started complaining about someone getting a shot at him based on an opponents injury...aka the exact same way he did.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Max Awfuls posted:

I hate Jon Jones, but it seems way out of character for a guy so intent on pushing a good guy image, no matter how badly he goes about it and how much more hateable he ends up being because of the level of insincerity that shines through it, to go on a twitter homophobic rant out of nowhere against some unknown swedish kid. But maybe he was blind drunk, wouldn't put it past him.

He probably was blind drunk. Once you're to the point where you drunkenly crash an insanely expensive car, you have a problem with drinking. I assume if this blows over, he'll do something even dumber in the future.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Did he say someone stole his phone or someone hacked his account? If it's the latter, then it makes perfect sense. It was either somebody trying to gently caress with Jones or a person that knows the person Jones is supposedly heckling and was having some phun with his account.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
i think jon jones' eye pokes are probably the most likable thing about him. sure he might have greg jackson, sure he might be a try hard of the worst order, sure he might say stupid things all of the time, but at least he has the decency to cheat.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Ariza posted:

Did he say someone stole his phone or someone hacked his account? If it's the latter, then it makes perfect sense. It was either somebody trying to gently caress with Jones or a person that knows the person Jones is supposedly heckling and was having some phun with his account.

His manager said it was the first thing, Jones said it was the second thing, and at some point during calling european kids faggy he also posted a selfie.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Decades posted:

It's very possible to hate someone as a person and still enjoy watching them perform athletically. Fightsports are great for this because you can enjoy their technique and physical gifts while simultaneously hoping that a giant Brazilian beats them stupid.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
He probably took that selfie days ago and forgot to upload it, and whoever stole/hacked his phone posted it out of courtesy.

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice

Bluedeanie posted:

Rest easy knowing we've seen little to know unorthodox striking since he's won the belt. He still favors the super-fast elbow break from the clinch but I can't think of a time where he's leapfrogged a dude or whatever the gently caress else in a while.

I see what you mean as he has cut down on the flash a bit, but really what I meant is that it's awesome watching him continue to develop, and shedding some of the sillier bits may be a part of that. The other part is learning in the Vitor fight that he's got serious heart, then relearning in the Alex fight that he's got freakish superhuman "have your bad gameplan fail, break, then come back and win anyway" heart. Whether it be a technique or an attribute I'll be surpised if he doesn't offer/reveal something new and terrifying vs Texeira.

Grifter posted:

It's very possible to hate someone as a person and still enjoy watching them perform athletically. Fightsports are great for this because you can enjoy their technique and physical gifts while simultaneously hoping that a giant Brazilian beats them stupid.

I know that this is how it should work, and I want to want to watch Jones lose, but in practice it's more like I assign scores for personality and violence making abilities and average them out and so Jones still comes out near the top even sentimentalwise. I'm a Jones fan. I'm so sorry.

Decades fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 16, 2014

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Meat Recital posted:

He probably took that selfie days ago and forgot to upload it, and whoever stole/hacked his phone posted it out of courtesy.

Objection ur honor, phone hackers are actually very polite.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Do people really think Jones is the type of narcissist who would sit on a selfie? He posted that poo poo fresh.

gunblade
Sep 1, 2008

-Just lucky, I guess

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The seed of my dislike for JJ was planted when he was signing posters for his title fight as CHAMPION 2013, and then flowered when he started complaining about someone getting a shot at him based on an opponents injury...aka the exact same way he did.

He actually signed with 'Champion 2011'. I know, the time flies fast.

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009

Bluedeanie posted:

Do people really think Jones is the type of narcissist who would sit on a selfie? He posted that poo poo fresh.

:thejoke:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

gunblade posted:

He actually signed with 'Champion 2011'. I know, the time flies fast.

Whoa my bad I forgot to change my time zone back after Jon Fitch chat ended.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Sorry I should have been more clear, I know no one here thinks that's legit but there are people in the BE thread clinging to it as the obvious truth and it's bizarre to see

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Whoa my bad I forgot to change my time zone back after Jon Fitch chat ended.

Mine was all screwed up too because I was going to cite GSP/Fitch as the most satisfying Fitch fight.

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009
The most satisfying Fitch fight was when Hendricks rocket punched him into such a stupor that he started wrestling Steve Mazzagatti

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

Ariza posted:

He probably was blind drunk. Once you're to the point where you drunkenly crash an insanely expensive car, you have a problem with drinking.

or he might be so unaccustomed to driving drunk, because he doesn't have a drinking problem. that telephone pole was some amateur hour poo poo.

david carmichael posted:

i think jon jones' eye pokes are probably the most likable thing about him. sure he might have greg jackson, sure he might be a try hard of the worst order, sure he might say stupid things all of the time, but at least he has the decency to cheat.

i'm on board with this.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Ariza posted:

He probably was blind drunk. Once you're to the point where you drunkenly crash an insanely expensive car, you have a problem with drinking. I assume if this blows over, he'll do something even dumber in the future.

Not really. It sounds like someone inexperienced with alcohol.

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I became a Jon Jones fan because of his unorthodox striking. I want to see fighters push martial arts to new limits and trying to experiment, not the-same-thing-as-everyone-else only better.

Jon has a few unique attacks but some of his signature moves are starting to become predictable (and thus boring). Like GSPs spinning back kick, only effective.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
I like that his biggest rival is literally just the next biggest guy who can cut to the division.

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice

Balthesar posted:

I became a Jon Jones fan because of his unorthodox striking. I want to see fighters push martial arts to new limits and trying to experiment, not the-same-thing-as-everyone-else only better.

Yes, this. Upon further thought it's about styles. Every fighter is a representative of their style to some extent, and so I'd basically always rather see someone with a creative, idiosyncratic, highly personalized style beat either of the two mma archetypes of American wrestleboxer or Brazilian muay thai jitsu dude. I want to see Jones and Machida and Paul Sass win because I want to believe that weird poo poo can sustainably work in mma and can help martial arts grow.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Ariza posted:

He probably was blind drunk. Once you're to the point where you drunkenly crash an insanely expensive car, you have a problem with drinking.

Agreed. My friend who's a surgeon has a Toyota Tercel for when he goes out drinking for the very reason you said.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
All I can say is that after the statements Rashad made to Out Magazine last year, we finally found one thing Jones didn't steal from him.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
I think my favorite aspect is that if it was just a case of calling some fruity looking guys trolling him fags, that's one thing. but then he adds that oblivious, dense byline as if he's coming from a place of moral & spiritual superiority, there's the golf clap!

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

Turns out nog was fighting through a disability

quote:

"I flew from Rio to São Paulo on March 27, where I checked in at Etihad Airways, according to Abu Dhabi, where mourning on April 11. Was with the printed book, which proved to be Business and with the value Pass, about 4 times the value of an economy class ticket. When I boarded the plane I saw that my seat was not in the Business and the Economy yes, the commissioner showed my e-ticket, and then he positioned me in Business. Yet before flight out, told me that the passage was in Victor (economic) class, and put me in the back of the plane, which flew 14 hours to Abu Dhabi. I have chronic lower back pain and I ended up worn on the target, not can train on arrival, which is usual to acclimatise to the environment where you'll fight. "

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Holy crap that is the most brazilian excuse ever. gently caress.

flew coach, fight doesn't count

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice
Flight doesn't count, I am the walking personification of disability

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Each excuse gets better than the last

• Locked thread