Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Sand Monster posted:

Artie was apparently hospitalized for diabetic shock.

He jokes about his health a lot but I assume this isn't a joke:

https://twitter.com/artiequitter/status/456153991269720065

Great. Artie definitely seems like a guy who can manage a complicated disease like diabetes :saddowns:

haljordan fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Apr 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luv butts n nuts
Aug 22, 2008

Richard fingered Siobhan once before didn't he? I feel like I've seen a howardtv episode of it

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

poop in its butt posted:

Richard fingered Siobhan once before didn't he? I feel like I've seen a howardtv episode of it

No way, I missed this if so.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

haljordan posted:

Great. Artie definitely seems like a guy who can manage a complicated disease like diabetes :saddowns:

He'll have plenty of clean needles now.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
What will be loose first? His eyesight or toe(s).

luv butts n nuts
Aug 22, 2008

rawdog pozfail posted:

No way, I missed this if so.

Yeah turns out he did back when they were trying to get Siobhan laid(05/18/06 according to mf). "Siobhan Smell Test" was the episode judging by the dead putlocker links in my history

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Riosan posted:

Artie said it best. It takes a lot to hate a disabled guy rather than feel bad for him, but Eric is so insufferable that he makes it easy.

I think a guy here said it even better, something like

When god was putting together Eric the Midget, he stopped and thought "why am I wasting all these perfectly good body parts on this rear end in a top hat" and thus ETM is the result

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

He thought whores were in love with him. He wanted to call an American Idol contestant at home and ask her to go to a wedding as his date. He actually asked Simon Cowell to 'get' Kelly Clarkson to go on a date with him. He sent flowers to Carrie Underwood backstage at a concert, and he thought she was calling him for phone sex. He thought a webcam stripper was his girlfriend.

He is just the loving best, man.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
and then Johnny Fratto happened and it became lovely.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Who could have predicted Artie would be dying of diabetes.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
2 years left

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

poop in its butt posted:

Richard was on location when Siobhan lost her (?) virginity, post-transition. There is a HowardTV episode of this. Richard's crazed laughter is all over the soundtrack, making it really funny.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

GenoCanSing posted:

He thought whores were in love with him. He wanted to call an American Idol contestant at home and ask her to go to a wedding as his date. He actually asked Simon Cowell to 'get' Kelly Clarkson to go on a date with him. He sent flowers to Carrie Underwood backstage at a concert, and he thought she was calling him for phone sex. He thought a webcam stripper was his girlfriend.

I wonder if he could beat Robin on the narcissist test. The poo poo he believes he deserves is mindblowing. I'd pay per view an in depth psychological evaluation of him.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
I've run out of/burned out on the podcasts I listen to, so I'm onto my third listen of the Eric the Midget Chronicles. Started with Sirius era, and I'm halfway through 2006. The hardest part is knowing he never flies with balloons. But goddamn this poo poo is still infinitely hilarious.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

euphronius posted:

Who could have predicted Artie would be dying of diabetes.

Vegas must be laying odds of some kind on whether Artie or Eric the Midget will die first.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

KC doesn't really flip out too badly in this clip, but it's worth listening to if only for the 20 minute discussion on how ridiculously unqualified Ronnie is to be a bodyguard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9AgDoskMxE

Evil Agita posted:

and then Johnny Fratto happened and it became lovely.

HOWARD I GOT A FUCKIN 2 YEAR OLD AND A FUCKIN 9 YEAR OLD AND loving NO ONE CARES YOU BORING rear end in a top hat.

I can't decide who derailed the show more: Johnny Fratto or Dominic.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Apr 16, 2014

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Artie is going to live to a hundred just to defy all the Artie Death Pools throughout the years.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

an adult beverage posted:

Artie is going to live to a hundred just to defy all the Artie Death Pools throughout the years.

He'll put $30,000 down on dying before age 60, so of course he'll live to be 100 and lose the money.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
I came across this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR08WFxJo7A

I don't know how Sal ever had the gall to make fun of Gary's teeth. Yikes.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

AxeManiac posted:

I still get freaked out by that video of him running around naked with a boner, his sex tape or whatever, it's like the most disturbing thing seeing this little, not man, is a man thing running around.

Then you imagine women letting him have sex with them, ugh. Just, wow.

It's like loving the missing link, how do they do it? Crack?

I know this is old but I sometimes just skip around and read random pages in this thread as part of me getting into the stern show/general lack of a life but
does anyone have a link to this? Morbid curiosity. I've also never been able to find a stream or download of that Beetle Uncensored video they talked about in Beet's early days. I think it's got some clips where he answers the door naked and wipes his rear end with a paper towel and hands it to the delivery guy. I'm DYING to see that full film.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
Well, this can't be good: https://twitter.com/artiequitter/status/456531674793115648

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

probably involuntary commitment for depression/suicide.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
I think Artie has way to many hang ups to deal with a diagnosis like diabetes. Even a diagnosis of a manageable disease like that is liable to send him into another tailspin of depression/drug use. The guy has been so babied his entire life he'll probably need his girlfriend or mother to manage his diet and give him his insulin shots if he needs them. It's well documented how he feels about needles.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Sal actually looks sort of normal in this. But I guess that's because he dressed up and his relative youth at the time.

Did the show ever cover what he actually did at his firm? From the few things they mentioned ("you're like a QB who has been making Hail Mary's all month") it sounds like he was cold calling for pump & dump schemes before getting on the show. At least he was before he passed his exam, according to the Smoking Gun.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

RommelMcDonald posted:

Sal actually looks sort of normal in this. But I guess that's because he dressed up and his relative youth at the time.

Did the show ever cover what he actually did at his firm? From the few things they mentioned ("you're like a QB who has been making Hail Mary's all month") it sounds like he was cold calling for pump & dump schemes before getting on the show. At least he was before he passed his exam, according to the Smoking Gun.

Yeah he definitely worked exclusively in shady boiler room type deals.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Two Kings posted:

I think Artie has way to many hang ups to deal with a diagnosis like diabetes. Even a diagnosis of a manageable disease like that is liable to send him into another tailspin of depression/drug use. The guy has been so babied his entire life he'll probably need his girlfriend or mother to manage his diet and give him his insulin shots if he needs them. It's well documented how he feels about needles.

Even if Artie could somehow get over his phobia of needles, if Crash and Burn is any indicator, he could only be on the wagon for a few months at best. That's not even including maintaining a diet for extended periods of time, which is impossible for him, unfortunately.

Is it too late to add him to my 2014 death pool?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Here's a screen shot of the deleted tweet:

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
God dammit, Arite

Vakal
May 11, 2008

rawdog pozfail posted:

God dammit, Arite

He's just doing research for the third book.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

GenoCanSing posted:

Is this post about JD?

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
He belongs in a mental ward and I'm glad he is going. Will it amount to anything? Probably not. We'll probably just get a bunch of lies until that 3rd book about how much of a gently caress up he is comes out.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I'm betting they did a tox screen on him and found a number of things so based on his medical history, and possibly at the request of this family, they are locking him up.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

CortezFantastic posted:

He belongs in a mental ward and I'm glad he is going. Will it amount to anything? Probably not. We'll probably just get a bunch of lies until that 3rd book about how much of a gently caress up he is comes out.

Bonzo posted:

I'm betting they did a tox screen on him and found a number of things so based on his medical history, and possibly at the request of this family, they are locking him up.

Tox screen mixed with his medical history. Hopefully he'll get the help he needs instead of just floating along like he has for quite a while.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

It's pretty clear that there really is no health crisis severe enough to turn Artie around. Really a shame that we're all basically waiting for him to OD/stroke out at this point.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

The impression I got from his last book is that his family really enables him. Not his drug habit but with food and other behavior.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Bonzo posted:

The impression I got from his last book is that his family really enables him. Not his drug habit but with food and other behavior.

His poor mother seems completely unable to really deal with the situation in a meaningful way.

It must be rough for her and Artie's sister to hear Artie talk about how wonderful they are and how they saved his life and then have him go right back to doing the same poo poo that's almost killed him so many times in the past.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Apr 17, 2014

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

GenoCanSing posted:

He also stalked Diana Degarmo's mom

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
What's this poo poo about Benjy giving two week's notice?

I LOVE BENJY (gently caress the haters)

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Manifest posted:

What's this poo poo about Benjy giving two week's notice?

I LOVE BENJY (gently caress the haters)

If its true.. good for him, he's got nothing left to gain at the Stern show. If a good opportunity came along he would have to take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Being a new listener, I'd love some YouTube links that display evidence that Benjy isn't a total idiot.