Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

rawdog pozfail posted:

this post from the tv thread cracked me up

Well I think she hates Brienne for a lot of reasons, but I wouldn't precisely discount jealousy of her freedom as part of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
It's funny because Breinne is tortured by what she wears and that scene had absolutely nothing to do with her outfit (besides the fact that she looked goofy as hell as always)

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Yeah, Cersei is all "the only power a woman has is her sex :reject:" while Brienne is running around in plate, cracking skulls like a badass and getting Jaime's attention. She very much hates women who can escape the role she herself in trapped in, because Cersei hates herself most of all.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Yeah, Cersei is all "the only power a woman has is her sex :reject:" while Brienne is running around in plate, cracking skulls like a badass and getting Jaime's attention. She very much hates women who can escape the role she herself in trapped in, because Cersei hates herself most of all.

Yes but it is absurd to think that Cercei was jealous of her giganto-gown. She was very clearly reacting to her mannerisms as a whole. She's never even seen her in plate.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Well I've never even seen the episode, so perhaps it is I who is the true Cersei Lannister :reject:

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Well I've never even seen the episode, so perhaps it is I who is the true Cersei Lannister :reject:

Brienne approaches the royal table or w/e and curtsies, and cercei's like "Did you just bow?" and the poster I quoted thought she was noticing her pants

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

As a ~Wild Card~ I would presume so, yes.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Including swallowing the sticky princes.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Well, someone has to. My girlfriend won't, so I clean myself up. :mad:

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
MY GIRLFRIEND

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

MY RENT CHEQUE

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Where's the panel with the joke?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Bwahahahahaha!

From the TV/IV thread:

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Yeah, looks like Tywin has a thing for exotic women. I bet he would even sleep with Shae if she was still around.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Are book readers into the Purple Wedding? It was all Red Wedding and zombie reveals to me.

I hope we get Stoneheart right at the end of this season just to freak people the gently caress out along with those who would be left wondering who the hell they are looking at.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
What exactly is the difference between a newb and a show-watcher in that "comic"?

Also, all three of them are basically expressing the same emotion?

I think you should have posted that in the lovely webcomics thread.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

Damo posted:

What exactly is the difference between a newb and a show-watcher in that "comic"?

Also, all three of them are basically expressing the same emotion?

I think you should have posted that in the lovely webcomics thread.

What part of the GRRM section is lovely? Other than GRRM's writing? The first three panels aren't the joke.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Riven posted:

What part of the GRRM section is lovely? Other than GRRM's writing?
His dick? Not sure if it counts since it's just off-panel. If not, the fact that it implies he's written any of TWOW.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Where's the panel with the joke?

Panels six and seven aren't written yet.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Yeah, because I was going to say all those panels just depict mundane reality without any joke anywhere, and maybe giving GRRM a very very flattering amount of credit on his progress so far.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i must say that the actors on the show made me like the dornish where i previously did not

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Blue Raider posted:

i must say that the actors on the show made me like the dornish where i previously did not
How did you not instantly fall in love with Areo Hotah and ~Darkstar~?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Urdnot Fire posted:

How did you not instantly fall in love with Areo Hotah and ~Darkstar~?

His name is Gerold.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
he is the most dangerous man in westeros

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!
As I read the books, I couldn't help but imagine Darkstar as a Danny McBride character.

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013
El Starro Negro

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

ShaqDiesel posted:

Estrella Negro

FTFY, get some loving culture. Typical Andal Supremecist.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The only thing on GRRMs Amstrad is jailbait.

I just stumbled across a reddit thread where a bunch of people were discussing "theories" about the circumstances of Joffrey's death. It's all pretty much all nail on the head stuff and everyone in there has clearly read the book and pretends otherwise. I still don't understand at all what people get out of pretending they haven't read the book to seem like they've untied the Gordian Knot. It's all in a 15 year old book from a man whose mind is ruined by syphillis, none of this is at all secret information.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Thank you. I was going to say that was the only inaccurate part.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So I just binged watched the first 3 seasons over the last week. I knew pretty much every spoiler ahead of time and I really don't care if I hear more. I read on wiki about how Ygritte meets her end but are there any spoilers out there to point to HBO going in a different direction with the character? I'm going to be kind of disappointed if the show throws away yet another fan favorite character because GRRM hates the world.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So I just binged watched the first 3 seasons over the last week. I knew pretty much every spoiler ahead of time and I really don't care if I hear more. I read on wiki about how Ygritte meets her end but are there any spoilers out there to point to HBO going in a different direction with the character? I'm going to be kind of disappointed if the show throws away yet another fan favorite character because GRRM hates the world.

Yes, it would be great to have her maybe she could prevent Jon from getting stabbed to death or something. oooh or maybe she could show Mellindry the Lords Kiss and she could be all I SEE THE LORD OF LIGHT IN YOUR FIREBUSH!

kcroy fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Apr 17, 2014

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers

Drunk art = best art.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

kcroy posted:

Yes, it would be great to have her maybe she could prevent Jon from getting stabbed to death or something. oooh or maybe she could show Mellindry the Lords Kiss and she could be all I SEE THE LORD OF LIGHT IN YOUR FIREBUSH!

I take it you don't like her character?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

kcroy posted:

Ideally, they'll put out a series of collector cups so the fans can vote at Burger King.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I take it you don't like her character?

It did always bother me that she was made so attractive.

She's fine and all, she just isn't important. Or rather she is important as a rite of passage for Jon, both for him to become a "man" in the sexual sense, and then later to become a "man" by placing his loyalty to the Night's Watch over his loyalty to her. This is loyalty is cemented with her death.

Plus its nice and pathetic when in the aftermath of the fight at the wall he flips her over and she is all arrow'd up... I'll bet they make it HIS arrow in the tv show. Because TV likes to hit the big buttons.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Well, the part about Zombie Theon having a penis, also.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Well, the part about Zombie Theon having a penis, also.

It's not Zombie Theon. It's Zombie Theon's penis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

kcroy posted:

It did always bother me that she was made so attractive.

She's fine and all, she just isn't important. Or rather she is important as a rite of passage for Jon, both for him to become a "man" in the sexual sense, and then later to become a "man" by placing his loyalty to the Night's Watch over his loyalty to her. This is loyalty is cemented with her death.

Plus its nice and pathetic when in the aftermath of the fight at the wall he flips her over and she is all arrow'd up... I'll bet they make it HIS arrow in the tv show. Because TV likes to hit the big buttons.

Too bad she wasn't a prozzy or it could have been a case of literally Bros before Hoes.

lemonadesweetheart posted:

It's not Zombie Theon. It's Zombie Theon's penis.

Should be Theon's zombie penis.

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Apr 17, 2014