Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

mateo360 posted:

The simple answer:
Trophies

there is one for beating Penance who you can only fight after beating all the dark aeons which itself is required for the platinum.

Fun story: I do a bunch of account-switching on my Vita between a US and an EU account. Switching accounts on a Vita is really stupid and requires you to factory reset the Vita every time. If you have earned trophies that haven't been synced up to the PSN server and you forget to sync before switching accounts, you lose those trophies and would have to earn them again to have them stick.

I lost a bundle of trophies in X-2 and Danganronpa because I totally forgot to sync a bunch of times before switching.

I don't care about this at all because trophies are completely meaningless.

fronz posted:

covering the entire sphere grid and then using quick hit over and over isn't? it's just as trivial, with hours more grinding

Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but it sounds like you just don't see there being any way of fighting Penance that counts as "actually fighting him", so why not just ignore him?

Edit:

McDragon posted:

Prices for videogames in Australia are crazy for some reason or other.

Not just in Australia! I live in Denmark, and I bought Lightning Returns new when it was still at full price (I'd just gotten a windfall of cash, don't judge me), and it was 500 DKK - $92 USD, give or take.

Instant Grat fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Apr 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Instant Grat posted:

I don't care about this at all because trophies are completely meaningless.

That's fine. I don't care about them ether but that is pretty much way some people are bothering. I only bothered with Dark Valfor to get the Jecht Sphere and Valfor's second overdrive (I forgot to grab it while I was still in Besaid)

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Instant Grat posted:

Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but it sounds like you just don't see there being any way of fighting Penance that counts as "actually fighting him", so why not just ignore him?

that was the plan, but if someone wants to kill them all for some reason I don't see anything "wrong" with cheesing it instead of an exercise in tedium

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

BlitzBlast posted:

Fixed that for you. I don't know why anybody would want to fight Penance fairly.

For the satisfaction of facing and overcoming a difficult challenge after a large amount of preparation?

A lot of goons seem to struggle with this concept for some reason.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Oh my loving GAWD how the gently caress did I get all these loving balloons when I was 15

jesus loving birds home in on you and the goddamn trainer is stealing all my loving ballooons

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Oh my loving GAWD how the gently caress did I get all these loving balloons when I was 15

jesus loving birds home in on you and the goddamn trainer is stealing all my loving ballooons

All I could think of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF8yxerAtZM

So Sony is dumping all its Square Enix stock (which is to say, a lot). Although it looks like it's more because Sony needs money than because of any loss of confidence in SE. Or maybe both.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

So Blitzball has to be in the running for worst introduction to a concept ever. Once you shed the terrible, horrible default players it can be pretty fun.

Too bad that so many people's introduction to it was a forced game in which you're incredibly outclassed.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Schwartzcough posted:

All I could think of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF8yxerAtZM

So Sony is dumping all its Square Enix stock (which is to say, a lot). Although it looks like it's more because Sony needs money than because of any loss of confidence in SE. Or maybe both.

Its an immediate 47 million USD in Sony's pocket and despite selling 7 million PS4s they are still bleeding money while they restructure.

I'm assuming there is nobody who could purchase enough of this stock to make a go at changing SE's direction.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
i can't do this i can't it is too hard

i did it once but goddamn it's gonna take hours it's gonna take hours why

oh god why did you do this to me Square Enix I need to make Tidus super strong why

:negative:

My best loving time is still...like 13 seconds and jesus christ, this bird controls like rear end.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

i can't do this i can't it is too hard

i did it once but goddamn it's gonna take hours it's gonna take hours why

oh god why did you do this to me Square Enix I need to make Tidus super strong why

:negative:

My best loving time is still...like 13 seconds and jesus christ, this bird controls like rear end.

Does the hold R1/R2/L1/L2 thing still work/get ported over to the Vita version? If it did try that.

I mean, I tried and it didn't help me for a goddamn thing so I gave up on Tidus but maybe it'll help you.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Maybe I should start charging to do people's chocobo races for them, jesus :stare:

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Instant Grat posted:

Maybe I should start charging to do people's chocobo races for them, jesus :stare:

How would you do the chocobo race for somebody?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Save file transfer?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Share account info and upload your save to the cloud. It'd require you to have Playstation Plus.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

I was mostly joking - unless they lived next door or something it would require them trusting me with their PSN password. And having a digital copy of the game. And being a PS+ member because cloud saves.

efb

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Schwartzcough posted:

Can't blame them if they're actually jumping ship before it's too late. When was the last time SE made a good decision?

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Instant Grat posted:

I was mostly joking - unless they lived next door or something it would require them trusting me with their PSN password. And having a digital copy of the game. And being a PS+ member because cloud saves.

efb

Hmph. I have PS+ but all the rest of that sounds like a paaaain.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

Krad posted:

Can't blame them if they're actually jumping ship before it's too late. When was the last time SE made a good decision?

They must have received insider info that FFXV is being ported to mobile.

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012

Krad posted:

A Realm Reborn, so actually fairly recently!

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
They also released Bravely Default outside Japan, and said "gently caress it" and made XV its own game instead of a XIII spinoff. So in theory they've been doing better recently.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Instant Grat posted:

efb

Hey, you could probably get a good business going. 'Pay for my travel and a per diem and that sun sigil will be yours!'

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

LadyPictureShow posted:

Hey, you could probably get a good business going. 'Pay for my travel and a per diem and that sun sigil will be yours!'

For a premium I'll get you the Jupiter, Venus, and Saturn sigils too :downs:

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Three point five seconds.

Three point five seconds.

Three point five seconds!!!

I...just cannot beat...three point five seconds...

This game is breaking me

Xenogenesis
Nov 8, 2005
You really think you know pain?

Wait until you get 0.0 exactly. Then you'll know pain.

e: If you really just wanna get back into Besaid get the easy Celestials and just use Auto-Haste/Auto-Protect/Auto-Potion armors on everyone (by everyone I might mean just Rikku). And keep http://drslice.com/games/ffx/mix open on another monitor/phone

Xenogenesis fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Apr 17, 2014

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
Can you not just transfer your save onto a flash drive, upload it to something like dropbox and then have someone transfer it to their PS3? Or is this for Vita, we're talking about? I know I've backed my saves up on a flashdrive before. Unless FFX HD makes 'protected' saves, I thought that was exactly how you would do it.

Edit: Yeah there are saves up on GameFAQs so I presume you can do save transfers via flashdrive/usbstick.

Syrant fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Apr 17, 2014

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Xenogenesis posted:

You really think you know pain?

Wait until you get 0.0 exactly. Then you'll know pain.

I can confirm that this is the most painful feeling in the game :negative:

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Syrant posted:

Can you not just transfer your save onto a flash drive, upload it to something like dropbox and then have someone transfer it to their PS3? Or is this for Vita, we're talking about? I know I've backed my saves up on a flashdrive before. Unless FFX HD makes 'protected' saves, I thought that was exactly how you would do it.

Oh yeah I was speaking from the perspective of a Vita-owner. I don't have a PS3 :downs:

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
IT IS DONE.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

:hfive:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Systematic System posted:

A Realm Reborn, so actually fairly recently!

Schwartzcough posted:

They also released Bravely Default outside Japan, and said "gently caress it" and made XV its own game instead of a XIII spinoff. So in theory they've been doing better recently.

The original XIV was a trainwreck that they desperately tried to fix, people had to practically beg SE to release BD outside of Japan, and they probably realized at some point that, oops, they didn't have an actual XV in development once XIII/XIV were done, so might as well rename that vaporware that they had going on for the last 10 years.

They're still terrible.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Barudak posted:

Its an immediate 47 million USD in Sony's pocket and despite selling 7 million PS4s they are still bleeding money while they restructure.

I'm assuming there is nobody who could purchase enough of this stock to make a go at changing SE's direction.

Now's a good time for Nintendo to walk in with all its 3DS money and buy some/all of SE, clean out the chucklefucks that made poo poo like the original FF14 game, and have Monolith Soft work on FF16, which they'll probably finish, launch, and make DLC for before FF15 is released. :v:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Very good. NOW GO SAVE YOUR GAME. After all the grief you went through, the last thing you want at this point is to lose all your hard work because you got ambushed by a Malboro or something and got wiped out.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

That's the rewarding feeling I'm talking about here and why people fight their Penances and whatnot.

:toot:

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

So I just finished 13-2

Is the alyssa thing ever explained? Is that a secret ending reveal or followed up in LR?

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012

Occupation posted:

So I just finished 13-2

Is the alyssa thing ever explained? Is that a secret ending reveal or followed up in LR?

Watch paradox endings in Academia 4XX. They explain it a fair amount.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I find it hilarious that the Psyches are in story beaten with just a bit of minor injury drama for Wakka while the Goers are the tough nigh unbeatable champions while once you play Blitzball the Psyches are by far the strongest team and the Goers are chumps.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Occupation posted:

So I just finished 13-2

It's explained briefly in a paradox ending in FFXIII-2 and there is a very, very, very brief resolution to her character in LR.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Instant Grat posted:

I'm a bit lost, what's the point of fighting the optional superbosses if you're not actually gonna fight them? Zanmato is the "I can't beat this boss and I just want to continue the loving story already"-button.

Getting locked out of stuff like Destruction spheres, and wanting to get Anima but not go all the way with 99,999 quick hitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Dr Pepper posted:

I find it hilarious that the Psyches are in story beaten with just a bit of minor injury drama for Wakka while the Goers are the tough nigh unbeatable champions while once you play Blitzball the Psyches are by far the strongest team and the Goers are chumps.

Without Wakka on your team, the power of hateful racism just isn't there to get balls to the goal.