Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Serious Frolicking posted:

Good thing they didn't show Baam on tv, or else the rest of the zahard princesses probably would have started a revolt for the chance at dating him. Dude is just irresistible to princesses.
How many of them have the hots for him now, three? Yuri, Androssi, and Repellista?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
Anak's still my favorite (not)princess, though, in part because she isn't all over Baam--she's too busy pursuing her own story. But mostly it's because of the impression she made on me back during the crown game, and that impression hasn't changed over her later appearances. Plus I like her look and style.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
http://www.mangapanda.com/tower-of-god/188

What are all these revelations going on and who's the dude at the end?

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
That's Ha Jinsung, Baam's old teacher.

I feel like he's shown up at Karaka's place to bitch slap him for trying to kill Baam, since Jinsung's taken a huge liking to Baam and was his teacher for awhile. He's the dude who taught Karaka, as well, and presumably one of the very top guys in FUG.

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012
The guy at the end is Baam's Fug mentor.

http://mngacow.com/tower-of-god/v2-28/?all

the chapter were he gets most fleshed out.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
Cool. And what's with all the red ring gazing/people being dodgy on page 14?

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

pinegala posted:

Cool. And what's with all the red ring gazing/people being dodgy on page 14?

They probably didn't notice that Wangnan's been wearing a ring with the Zahard eye crest until now; it's harder to hide when he's unconscious. Scar and Pyrotsundere are confused as to how in the heck he's up and moving so soon after, as page 13 notes, he was stabbed right in the heart.

I'm curious as to whether Wangnan's going to be a Super Hidden Potential kind of character or just an unusually durable normal guy with Zahard connections. I'm suspecting the latter, since we already have Baam for the first category.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Einander posted:

They probably didn't notice that Wangnan's been wearing a ring with the Zahard eye crest until now; it's harder to hide when he's unconscious. Scar and Pyrotsundere are confused as to how in the heck he's up and moving so soon after, as page 13 notes, he was stabbed right in the heart.

I'm curious as to whether Wangnan's going to be a Super Hidden Potential kind of character or just an unusually durable normal guy with Zahard connections. I'm suspecting the latter, since we already have Baam for the first category.

Some of the author's notes imply it's probably the former. He said that Wangnan hadn't unlocked his true power yet.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Einander posted:

If he's actually the Prince of Zahard as some people suspect based on the title of this whole second part, then the connections to Zahard would include whatever deal he made at the top of the Tower to get immortality. Immortality takes many forms so this might explain Wangnan's miraculous recovery.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Shugojin posted:

If he's actually the Prince of Zahard as some people suspect based on the title of this whole second part, then the connections to Zahard would include whatever deal he made at the top of the Tower to get immortality. Immortality takes many forms so this might explain Wangnan's miraculous recovery.

I mean, Karaka also has a ring. It's really vague what the ring even stands for.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Anime hijinks :allears: http://mngacow.com/tower-of-god/02-109/?all

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

FFFFUUUUUUUUUCK

Also I will never get tired of low-detail Rak. Ever.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

RACHEEEEEEEEEEEL :argh:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I love how the thorn is just chilling out behind Baam 24/7 these days. Except for a couple of panels where it seems SIU forgot to draw it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Maybe he can set it to invisible mode like a pocket.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

Aw poo poo. This person's back.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

Such an amazing villain. Reminds me of Delita from Final Fantasy Tactics.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 225 days!

Apocron posted:

Such an amazing villain. Reminds me of Delita from Final Fantasy Tactics.

Although meeting with someone outside FUG with plans to upend the Tower's social hierarchy is a new development. Until now, she's just been a cut-throat social climber finding a place for herself; moving to overthrow the system is a new direction for her.

Also, this is going to be one of those epic tragedies that could have been solved by Rachel just talking to Baam, isn't it?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Hodgepodge posted:

Although meeting with someone outside FUG with plans to upend the Tower's social hierarchy is a new development. Until now, she's just been a cut-throat social climber finding a place for herself; moving to overthrow the system is a new direction for her.

Also, this is going to be one of those epic tragedies that could have been solved by Rachel just talking to Baam, isn't it?

I think that if she'd been capable of talking to Baam then she wouldn't have wanted... whatever it is she wants.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Hodgepodge posted:

Honestly, this is true of just about every faction and player that's played antagonist so far.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Hodgepodge posted:

I don't think this is a misunderstanding thing. She seems to hate him for treading on her dream. Her actions seemed pretty clear when she pushed him off a cliff. She seems to understand his motivation quite well. I think the only way this is a tragedy is if Baam still wants to support her instead of returning the favor.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

http://mngacow.com/tower-of-god/02-110/?all

I like the direction this is going in six weeks

Also, short hair again :swoon:

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Man, back when we saw Rachel in the very first floor, Headon made it seem like she wasn't anything special and wasn't going to amount to anything, especially compared to Baam. Now we've seen how crazy she gets and Hwa Ryun's bit of dialogue at the end. Quite scary.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I don't like that Baam is cutting his hair, because I feel like the artist of the series has a big problem with not only same-face but same-hair. A lot of the characters with short hair look way too similarly cut, like they all go to the exact same salon.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

It's good that SIU is getting a six week break through. Should help his hand heal up proper.

E: also the haircut is probably symbolic. The other time he had long har like that was when he was the lonely kid in the darkness. Still wanna know what's up with that. How did he get there? What was the deal with that cave?

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Shugojin posted:

It's good that SIU is getting a six week break through. Should help his hand heal up proper.

E: also the haircut is probably symbolic. The other time he had long har like that was when he was the lonely kid in the darkness. Still wanna know what's up with that. How did he get there? What was the deal with that cave?

So the health thing he has talked about is a hand injury?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I think he's mentioned that his hand/wrist is giving him problems and he's had to do some of the art in an easier way. Could be other problems too, I dunno.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

I'm pretty sure he talked about needing to get a minor surgery awhile back but wanted to finish the arc before he took time off to heal, IIRC? It's somewhere several months back in the post comic blurbs.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Six weeks doesn't sound like very long, to be honest. Is that really long enough for a full recovery from this sort of injury?

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Autonomous Monster posted:

Six weeks doesn't sound like very long, to be honest. Is that really long enough for a full recovery from this sort of injury?

Apparently he decided not to get the surgery and will wear a brace or something instead. The company translated some messages from the author.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

Vire posted:

Apparently he decided not to get the surgery and will wear a brace or something instead. The company translated some messages from the author.

To add on to that, apparently, this was actually advised by the major hospital he went to.

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009
Its back. Surprisingly enough the the line version is up before the korean version.
http://www.webtoons.com/episodeList?titleNo=95

If you want to read in a browser you should probably use this: http://thcmpny.com/naver.html

We always knew that the early Season 1 translations were pretty bad and while they changed some names to be more accurate later most stayed the same for the sake of consistency. Well the naver translation is obviously not going to care about that so we'll have to get used to the more accurate names now.

Sorced fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Aug 16, 2014

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Yessss it's back. Chapter is setup and recap but hey, what do you expect after a 6 week between-seasons break?

e: Also I never noticed the two little red hornlike things on the back of Wangnan's neck.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Worst Baam haircut yet. :negative:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

:bubblewoop: It's back! :bubblewoop:

So what happened to Horyang, was there something I missed at the end of last season or did whatever it was happen over the time skip?

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009
Casano stole horyangs devil. Thats why horyang is in a coma right now and he is going to die unless they manage to get it back.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That translation isnt very good.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

RatHat posted:

That translation isnt very good.

Yeah it's pretty drat bad. Everything feels really stilted and weird. They really need a good editor to make it all flow more naturally.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

Worst Baam haircut yet. :negative:

Yes :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Did I miss something? Is The Company no longer scanlating Tower of God?