Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Branis
Apr 14, 2006
I guarantee every regular on officer.com has jackbooted at least one minority in their career. They are all shitbags over there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Branis posted:

I guarantee every regular on officer.com has jackbooted at least one minority in their career. They are all shitbags over there.

The american dream :911:

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Welp, taxes are done.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

GunForumMeme posted:

Welp, taxes are done.

I've had my refund for a few weeks now. :smug:

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

GunForumMeme posted:

Welp, taxes are done.

Pushin' it a little close there don't ya think, son?

WreckSov
Aug 26, 2011

GunForumMeme posted:

please audit me

ftfy

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Are off duty details paid through your departments payroll or do you get 1099s from like a dozen different companies every January? Our payroll refuses to process the extra paperwork so anything off duty makes filing your taxes that much harder... not to mention most people don't set anything aside and end up having to pay uncle sam instead of getting a fat refund like me.

THANKS OBAMA

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

beanieson posted:

get 1099s from like a dozen different companies every January?

That's dumb.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Yea, I basically just work department overtime instead of the cush sit on your rear end details to avoid the tax headache.

patb01
Jul 4, 2008

Branis posted:

I could go to albuquerque, i'm sure they will be hiring once the DOJ gets done with them.

They do have a 5000 dollar bonus

http://www.apdonline.com/index_flash.shtml

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Reign Of Pain posted:

Pushin' it a little close there don't ya think, son?

It's not so bad when you free file an EZ.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
the accents in the new fargo show drive me up a loving wall. People don't talk like that in minnesota god damnit.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Yew betcha they dew

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Tide posted:

Yew betcha they dew

This is accurate

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Branis posted:

the accents in the new fargo show drive me up a loving wall. People don't talk like that in minnesota god damnit.

They pretty much do (assuming they sound like Marge Gunderson and co. in the movie). Source: I dated a Minnesotan woman.

e: and she pronounced a lot of her short As as long As, especially before hard Gs. I couldn't account for that.

"bags" = "baygs"

"diagonal" = "di-ay-gonal"

"dragon" = "draygon"

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Apr 16, 2014

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

GunForumMeme posted:

It's not so bad when you free file an EZ.

And if your internet connection was down? Power outage in your area? Tough tits.

I'll let you off with a warning this time, sir.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
i'm from minnesota, and the only accurate thing they have got right is uffda, and they should use it a lot more. I say uffda at least 15 times a day if not more.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Branis posted:

I say uffda at least 15 times a day if not more.

What the gently caress is that :crossarms:

Also :lol: at you complaining about how your accent is portrayed on film, welcome to my world.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

beanieson posted:

Also :lol: at you complaining about how your accent is portrayed on film, welcome to my world.

Cajuns just sound like New Yorkers on H.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

beanieson posted:

it's a norwegian thing, you cajuns wouldn't understand. At least promise me swamp people is an accurate portrayal of life outside of new orleans.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

It's.... exaggerated, but not inaccurate.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Reign Of Pain posted:

And if your internet connection was down? Power outage in your area? Tough tits.

I'll let you off with a warning this time, sir.

I didn't get a confirmation email that it went through until this morning.

:downsgun:

Luckily at 12/hr there's not much to audit.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

GunForumMeme posted:

I didn't get a confirmation email that it went through until this morning.

:downsgun:

Luckily at 12/hr there's not much to audit.

Are you in an academy yet? C'mon son get going.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

He's taking time off to ~~find himself~~ :yayclod:

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

beanieson posted:

He's taking time off to ~~find himself~~ :yayclod:

Think of all the people he could have oppressed in the time he's been gone finding himself.

I guess I'll have to stomp a few extra necks tonight with my jackboots to make up for it.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
Fargo movie/TV show accents sound a lot closer to yooper accents than minnesotan, although minnesotans do sound ridiculous

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
I think I aught to try to find myself some college credits. Everyone is hiring but I need at least sixty of them.

On the plus side I have been enjoying sleeping in, going to Disney, and not getting yelled at for insubordination because I refused a direct order to OC a handcuffed passively resisting suspect because he wouldn't get into the back of the patrol car. :shrug:

GunForumMeme fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Apr 17, 2014

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Why are we still doing an Ask thread?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Why are we still doing an Ask thread?

Some of the stuff in there seems productive. I'm done with weed discussion and about done with the discussion of that book because it's pointless and not really the goal of the thread.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

The old, old thread I thought was good. The current one and the previous one are basically COTB lite.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I'm trying to get it cleaned up. I've banned the discussion of marijuana in general and the discussion of the validity of different laws. I'm just going to start loving banning people if they repeat offend.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
we do appreciate the hard work you're doing. It's just GBS spillover, they will get bored eventually.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

JayKay posted:

The old, old thread I thought was good. The current one and the previous one are basically COTB lite.

I blame Whip.

Also, what happened to Whip? Stress of the gift exchange getting him down or what?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

GunForumMeme posted:

I blame Whip.

Also, what happened to Whip? Stress of the gift exchange getting him down or what?

He got PTGiPSD and got really into autoerotic probation.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Harassed by cops... was charged with possession. Harassed by cops... was charged with speeding. Harassed by cops... loitering/drunk. Harassed by cops... was committing or about to commit some type of unlawful act I personally have decided not to be a crime and don't understand why it's enforced it could ruin my life if I'm caught ding this thing I know I shouldn't but chose to do anyway. Harassed is the new thread acab code word.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I don't know why but I'm answering questions in the gbs thread now :ohdear:

Murphys Stache
Oct 5, 2007

There goes my nipples again!

beanieson posted:

Answer every question with the word "human being". Thats how you post in GBS now.

Murphys Stache fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Apr 17, 2014

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Beani WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!!

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

eh. they mostly want to post videos and articles, very few seem intersted in actually asking for an opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JiimyPopAli
Oct 5, 2009

beanieson posted:

I wouldn't bother. They're just a bunch of typical cop-haters and nothing productive will come of it. You won't change their mind about anything, and it's just not worth it. I read through it a while ago and it was just a bunch of neckbeards complaining about cop videos on youtube complete with the usual basement-dweller internet nerd rage.

• Locked thread