Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Korak posted:

See, great minds think alike. :D

Nevermind. Will keep on trying to find funny combos.

Samael fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Apr 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Count Bleck posted:

"Boo hoo hoo all these gods suck and I have one dimensional ways of evaluating cards."

I'm not surprised the guy who does Garfield is a cranky person.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

ScarletBrother posted:

In a big tournament during Scars block-Innistrad standard, I cast a Thrun and my opponent snap Mana Leak'ed it. I said, "Mana Leak resolves. Thrun?" It's more a case of RTFC, but he was pretty tilted after that.
Last week I had this situation with an Esper opponent who tried to Syncopate my Mistcutter Hydra. The uncomfortable part was when he tried to return his card back to his hand once I had pointed out the Hydra's counter clause, and a judge had to explain to him how it worked. It felt extra sweet, as I was on a mulligan to 4 and managed to scrape out a win in that game. This same game I managed to save a Reaper of the Wilds by using the -1/-1 mode of Golgari Charm - it was in response to an Espleth -3 when he had 3 tokens on board already. :unsmigghh:

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

quote:

star1022 asked: Just feedback: I love Green/Black, but Pharika would be useless in any of my G/B decks. Doesn't that card goes against it's own colors? i.e. Green black only gets stronger with MORE in the grave, not less.

MaRo came out of the closet to say:

Pharika is a graveyard as resource card. That’s extremely black/green.
Yeah... he just don't get it.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Korak posted:

Yeah... he just don't get it.

Yes he does. Pharika uses the graveyard as a resource, I don't see where he's wrong. It's pretty weak, sure, but that's what Pharika does, she uses something from the graveyard, to make a permanent. That's what "graveyard as a resource" means.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Angry Grimace posted:

I've made tons of rules mistakes. Most of them are just noobish stuff though, like using Abrupt Decay on a D-sphere before the Exile ability resolves.

I don't understand the mistake here. Perhaps you're thinking of Oblivion Ring?

Edit: never mind, re-read D Sphere. Did not think that poo poo was still going on in Standard.

qbert fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Apr 17, 2014

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/2390yn/what_is_your_favorite_conspiracy_theory

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

qbert posted:

I don't understand the mistake here. Perhaps you're thinking of Oblivion Ring?

When the D-Sphere comes into play, if you destroy it before the Exile ability resolves, that ability is still on the stack, but the LTB effect from the D-sphere can't retrieve your exiled card. It just stays exiled forever.

Serperoth posted:

Yes he does. Pharika uses the graveyard as a resource, I don't see where he's wrong. It's pretty weak, sure, but that's what Pharika does, she uses something from the graveyard, to make a permanent. That's what "graveyard as a resource" means.

He's missing the point in that Pharika does the opposite of what every other dredge card being printed wants you to do.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Apr 17, 2014

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
This is apparently a mock up by someone regged for less than a day who named himself after the twitter account that leaked the half we did see. Until someone puts out exactly how they got the full thing(hint: they can't right now) then its fake.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Is this a mockup?

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Korak posted:

See, great minds think alike. :D

Think keeping it simple W/R Control with 4 mutavaults and some boros keyrunes that can also help end the game or mana ramp. Any splashes should be for removal more than card draw. Keranos sounds awesome but I think I'd want to have the Combo set up asap.

but but we can splash blue for council of the absolute naming mutavault or possibility storm!

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I need you for Keranos EDH, Fark Dando. Come to me Truck Durden. I need your help, Moff Tarkin.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I need you for Keranos EDH, Fark Dando. Come to me Truck Durden. I need your help, Moff Tarkin.

Star in my movie, Matt Damon

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Korak posted:

This is apparently a mock up by someone regged for less than a day who named himself after the twitter account that leaked the half we did see. Until someone puts out exactly how they got the full thing(hint: they can't right now) then its fake.

Same username as the twitter which doesn't mean it's not fake so there's that.

Edit Also my scan of the image has some poo poo from my scanner, so if it's a mockup they bothered to do a lot of editing. (Oh mythic spoilers did welp.)

minusX fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 17, 2014

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

minusX posted:

Same username as the twitter which doesn't mean it's not fake so there's that.

Edit Also my scan of the image has some poo poo from my scanner, so if it's a mockup they bothered to do a lot of editing. (Oh mythic spoilers did welp.)
It's definitely fake. The other images anyone with the technical know how can view. This was just posted as a pipebomb with no description of how they got it.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

So here's a Mack Kayden question.

Why are his hands blood red?

Alaan
May 24, 2005

That emblem would be entirely stupid. How often do you cast a spell on an opponents creature that doesn't kill it?

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Count Bleck posted:

"Boo hoo hoo all these gods suck and I have one dimensional ways of evaluating cards."

I love the ones whining in the comments that they should never print commander cards in standard sets because "they get their own special set!". Because new, powerful cards printed in those decks are so easy to acquire...

I just shake my head at everyone who expects every single rare and mythic to be a $40 standard beast (I want VALUE when I buy 3 booster boxes!) and also can't seem to evaluate cards outside of the context of existing decks. It's not like we can make NEW decks and we don't have to just look for strict upgrades to replace slots in current decks :aaaaa:

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Aren't planeswalkers usually named something like "Duck Fandango, mightiest of Anaheim"? This one is missing a comma and a title.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Count Bleck posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrwjiO1MCVs

MTGSalvation Wiki posted:

He started to search the worlds for items he could steal and that quest took him to the world of Alkabah. He quickly found an artifact of great power that he decided to… liberate, but things went poorly when he discovered the artifact was not unguarded. The Djinn beat him horribly and left him for the city guards. He was taken to prison to serve out his sentence, and part of that punishment was the torturous treatment that permanently stained his hand red, forever proclaiming him a thief.

redstormpopcorn fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Apr 17, 2014

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Count Bleck posted:

On a gathering storm comes
a tall handsome man
In a dusty black coat with
a red right hand

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Ral Zarek, Gideon Jura, Jace Beleren and more came without a title.

Edit: not that I believe this is real.

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

Count Bleck posted:

It's apparently a brand he received for being a thief.

http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/article/Dack_Fayden

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Count Bleck posted:

He was tortured or something on some random world. Also, he's Duck Faygo, so its just part of his charm.

Cactrot posted:

Aren't planeswalkers usually named something like "Duck Fandango, mightiest of Anaheim"? This one is missing a comma and a title.

It depends whether they have a last name or not. Ashiok and Xenagos had titles, but Ral Zarek and Domri Rade did not.

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004

Cactrot posted:

Elspeth Tirel, Sorin Markov, Chandra Nalar, Garruk Wildspeaker, Jace Beleren.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

ScarletBrother posted:

Elspeth Tirel, Sorin Markov, Chandra Nalar, Garruk Wildspeaker, Jace Beleren.

Yeah, those are from a while ago though, all except Ral Zarek and Domri Rade in the last couple years have had them.
Guess there's no solid convention for them.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Angry Grimace posted:

He was tortured or something on some random world. Also, he's Duck Faygo, so its just part of his charm.

It depends whether they have a last name or not. Ashiok and Xenagos had titles, but Ral Zarek and Domri Rade did not.

Garruk Relentless is the only titled planeswalker with no comma, AFAIK.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
IIRC Elspeth is the only "main" planeswalker to have a first printing named something other than Firstname Lastname.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Okay Korak, how about this?

I like to call this "Baaaaaa, how is this possible?"

4x Star Woolen Sheep
4x Eidolon of Rhetoric
3x Assemble the legion
4x Possibility Storm
3x Boros Keyrunes
3x Detention Sphere
2x Keranos, God of Storms
4x Supreme Verdict
3x Chained to the rocks
2x Jace, Architect of Thought
2x Springleaf Drum
4x Steam Vents
4x Hallowed Fountain
4x Sacred Foundry
2x Temple of Enlightenment
2x Temple of Triumph
2x Temple of Epiphany
2x Mutavault
1x Island
1x Plains
1x Mountain

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Pretty sure the standard is the first glimpse is just their name unless it's a single name, and future iterations get a title.

So Liliana Vess becomes Liliana of the Veil. Kiora is Kiora, the Crashing Wave right off the bat because they decided not to make her "Kiora Atua" out of some consideration to treading too heavily on Maori religious belief.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Vraska, Kiora, Tibalt, and Tamiyo at least had stuff on their first card. It's just whatever they feel like when they name it.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I dunno, the top of his head where it overlaps the card name box is really fuzzy.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Cactrot posted:

Yeah, those are from a while ago though, all except Ral Zarek and Domri Rade in the last couple years have had them.
Guess there's no solid convention for them.

Pretty sure they tried to explain their guidelines when Kiora's card was first revealed and it wasn't named Kiora Atua. I think basically if the planeswalker has a first and last name, then the first printing of that planeswalker is just their full name. If the planeswalker has one name or has already been printed as first name + last name, then it's First Name, Title. They decided to drop Kiora's last name so she got a title instead.

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way

Fresh off of MaRo's Twitter.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Here is a man:

e:fb

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Alaan posted:

Vraska, Kiora, Tibalt, and Tamiyo at least had stuff on their first card. It's just whatever they feel like when they name it.

Tamiyo has no surname. Only moons.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Toshimo posted:

Tamiyo has no surname. Only moons.

Tammy Moonsocks :colbert:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Nibble posted:

Pretty sure they tried to explain their guidelines when Kiora's card was first revealed and it wasn't named Kiora Atua. I think basically if the planeswalker has a first and last name, then the first printing of that planeswalker is just their full name. If the planeswalker has one name or has already been printed as first name + last name, then it's First Name, Title. They decided to drop Kiora's last name so she got a title instead.

They changed Kiora's last name because they determined it was offensive, right?

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Samael posted:

but but we can splash blue for council of the absolute naming mutavault or possibility storm!

I know that you're being sarcastic, but you can't name mutavault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

BXCX posted:

Fresh off of MaRo's Twitter.

Picking up cashed in Judge's Familiars and such seems good.

• Locked thread