Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

yet another thing he just chucked out the window

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat it. He makes me all weepy with USM #200 but he keeps pushing me away with All New.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rhyno posted:

So I guess I just stopped giving a gently caress about ANX but did Bendis actually explain how Corsair came back to life or is that yet another thing he just chucked out the window?

The correct answer is who cares because it's gonna lead to Greg Rucka writing Scott and his dad having space adventures.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Codependent Poster posted:

The correct answer is who cares because it's gonna lead to Greg Rucka writing Scott and his dad having space adventures.

I care, Bendis is just going to keep resurrecting everyone!

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Codependent Poster posted:

If a character dies you should probably give a reason as to why they're back even if it's something as dumb as "dead by your standards" (Colossus should've stayed dead).

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Rhyno posted:

I care, Bendis is just going to keep resurrecting everyone!

You know what just assume it was Wanda, hell after the long snakey turd that ends up being the explanation for the time travel bullshit and age of ultron is laid out for the world to see I'm just going to say Wanda did it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Quentin going to Scott, but who's the guy who wants Jubilee's son?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Rhyno posted:

So I guess I just stopped giving a gently caress about ANX but did Bendis actually explain how Corsair came back to life or is that yet another thing he just chucked out the window?
He hasn't, but he's said he's gonna.

So... no.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
I guess I'm gonna repeat myself, but this month's X-Force was pretty dang good. Like, as off as Fantomex sounds in it, Spurrier just nails the rest, and especially Psylocke. Plus it has a pretty funny running joke and cameos from X-Men Legacy friends. It is actually getting really enjoyable and I think you should try it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

CapnAndy posted:

He hasn't, but he's said he's gonna.

So... no.

What is his obsession with doing that?

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Pretty much squeed when I saw the backup in X-Men, since Rockslide, Anole, and Hellion are pretty much 3/5 of my "this is what I'd pitch to Marvel if I could" team, "Awesome X-Men". Problem is Wood writes Rockslide like Bendis writes X-23, like he's never heard the character speak before. Santo doesn't say "foolish", he says "dumb". But still, dude clearly wants to keep Rockslide out of the shadows, so I guess I'll keep giving Adjectiveless a chance.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Diet Poison posted:

Pretty much squeed when I saw the backup in X-Men, since Rockslide, Anole, and Hellion are pretty much 3/5 of my "this is what I'd pitch to Marvel if I could" team, "Awesome X-Men". Problem is Wood writes Rockslide like Bendis writes X-23, like he's never heard the character speak before. Santo doesn't say "foolish", he says "dumb". But still, dude clearly wants to keep Rockslide out of the shadows, so I guess I'll keep giving Adjectiveless a chance.

BROMO-SUPERIOR. I'll admit, I laughed.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
How was the new Amazing? I'm already sick to loving death of Nightcrawler so I figured I'd drop it, even if Bobby & Angelica team ups press all my childhood nostalgia buttons.

WATXM is proving surprisingly readable so far considering its main thrust is yet more ominous future bobbins that was old and played out back in the 90s. I want to believe Evan will not let Uncles Cluster and Wade down!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Regarding this week's Uncanny: You know, I'd probably be more inclined to be more sympathetic with Scott's camp of mutants if Scott weren't such a loving douchebag like constantly. Goddamn was he ever the epitome of :smug: this issue.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Dude, I liked Uncanny X-Men way more than I have liked most issues of it. I'm not sure why, I can't put my finger on any reason why I liked it.

In WatX, was that Hellion with Rockslide and Idie who were the only X-students who defended the school? I can't believe Anole would let Rockslide go without him. I just dropped X-Men, but I will need to pick it back up if there is a Rockslide/Anole teamup.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Saoshyant posted:

I think most people would agree Marvel went down the shitter when Disney bought them.

Except no, right now is one of their creative high points line-wide, even with Slott's reign of error on Spider-Man. Their whole creative strategy seems to revolve around scooping up successful talent from the indie scene and for the most part, it's working out.

TwoPair posted:

Regarding this week's Uncanny: You know, I'd probably be more inclined to be more sympathetic with Scott's camp of mutants if Scott weren't such a loving douchebag like constantly. Goddamn was he ever the epitome of :smug: this issue.

I think it's safe to say now that Maria Hill has a "type," though: men who drive her insane with rage.

She's overdue for another moment where she establishes that she's nothin' to gently caress with, though.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Uncanny right now is my favorite X book followed by All New, WatXM, Adjectivless, and then Amazing. I liked Amazing but I think 5 X-Men team books is a little excessive.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Fritzler posted:

Dude, I liked Uncanny X-Men way more than I have liked most issues of it. I'm not sure why, I can't put my finger on any reason why I liked it.

In WatX, was that Hellion with Rockslide and Idie who were the only X-students who defended the school? I can't believe Anole would let Rockslide go without him. I just dropped X-Men, but I will need to pick it back up if there is a Rockslide/Anole teamup.

Anole is off being CEO of Worthington Industries, which is I guess one way to get rid of a character you don't want to write.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
I really want to dislike the current WatX, but if he plans on bring Santo and Hellion to the front again, I'll support it 100%.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Cabbit posted:

Anole is off being CEO of Worthington Industries, which is I guess one way to get rid of a character you don't want to write.
I'm just glad he didn't take the bus. At least there's hope someone will use him well in the future this way.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I want to like X-Force. I thought Fantomex's bad french would be a tipoff. But the Fantomex said "le infiltration" and Betsy corrected him to "la infiltration." Is that supposed to mean his French is bullshit? I ask because it should really be "l'infiltration". I'm just a little confused, and Fantomex's accent is the one thing really putting me off of the book.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Fritzler posted:

I want to like X-Force. I thought Fantomex's bad french would be a tipoff. But the Fantomex said "le infiltration" and Betsy corrected him to "la infiltration." Is that supposed to mean his French is bullshit? I ask because it should really be "l'infiltration". I'm just a little confused, and Fantomex's accent is the one thing really putting me off of the book.

Everything Fantomex does is put on. He's not a real person.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Which is to say, yes, it's supposed to be bullshit.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I don't mind the 'fake' accent; I mind the fact he appears to be an entirely different person than the Morrison All-New or Remender Uncanny X-Force versions, which were both quite fun, especially Remender.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Are they trying to make him all serious?

He's supposed to be the new millenium Gambit. He's supposed to be fun.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Shockeh posted:

I don't mind the 'fake' accent; I mind the fact he appears to be an entirely different person than the Morrison All-New or Remender Uncanny X-Force versions, which were both quite fun, especially Remender.

I think the next issue will have some answers, considering issue #1 was about Marrow, #2 was about Cable and #3 was about Psylocke. But again, I feel "annoyingly french guy trying too hard to be the coolest guy in the room at all times" is true to what the character was created to be.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

I'm still betting he's trying to annoy the piss out of Psylocke in order to keep her away from him, to her benefit.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

TwoPair posted:

But that's the whole appeal of Cyclops as a character! *throws up X arm symbol*

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

I kinda hope with the whole Inhuman push that they reveal all the new mutants are actually Inhumans, that the Phoniex didn't do poo poo and mutants are still dying off.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

SirDan3k posted:

I kinda hope with the whole Inhuman push that they reveal all the new mutants are actually Inhumans, that the Phoniex didn't do poo poo and mutants are still dying off.

Wouldn't the new mutants remember being cocooned or whatever?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

SirDan3k posted:

Well, that was the premise of Earth X which was originally going to be the official Marvel Universe Origin Story at one point until they backed off.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

triplexpac posted:

Wouldn't the new mutants remember being cocooned or whatever?

Maybe it just hasn't come up yet.

Gold Balls "So Cyclops we've been talking and what did you guys do with your cocoons when you woke up?"

Cyclops "Our whats?"

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I'm still not sure if I'm reading X-Factor just because Doug and Warlock are in it, or if I'm actually enjoying reading it.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

irlZaphod posted:

I'm still not sure if I'm reading X-Factor just because Doug and Warlock are in it, or if I'm actually enjoying reading it.

I think it's improving - the latest issue was probably the best - but it still doesn't seem like it's going anywhere and I really don't like the art. I'll stick with it for now, Peter David tends to play the long game with his books.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

irlZaphod posted:

I was enjoying it before that and then Doug showed up acknowledging the earlier run he was in and I wanted to high five Peter David. I feel like there have been so many good recent X-books that aren't the up front big deal books that whenever people say 'hey I read that' it makes me really happy.

I do like the art though, and I am not in the hates Danger camp anymore either so ... I might be the odd duck here.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Spiderdrake posted:

I was enjoying it before that and then Doug showed up acknowledging the earlier run he was in and I wanted to high five Peter David. I feel like there have been so many good recent X-books that aren't the up front big deal books that whenever people say 'hey I read that' it makes me really happy.

What were the must-read X titles in the past 5 years or so? Uncanny X-Force, New Mutants, Legacy, that Gambit solo title, Gillen's Uncanny run?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I'd replace Gillen's Uncanny with Aaron's WatX. Gillen writes a good Namor, but I thought that run was entirely forgettable aside from that one Dr. Manhattan post-AvX issue. Plus, it has Land on art. Hell, I'd put ANXM on the list before that one.

Spiderdrake posted:

I do like the art though, and I am not in the hates Danger camp anymore either so ... I might be the odd duck here.

Thinking about it, it's more the colourization I don't like. I'm so loving sick of that goddamn orange.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Apr 18, 2014

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Yeah the colouring really bothers me, it looks so bland and washed out. I don't think the art's great, either, though.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Hakkesshu posted:

I'd replace Gillen's Uncanny with Aaron's WatX. Gillen writes a good Namor, but I thought that run was entirely forgettable aside from that one Dr. Manhattan post-AvX issue. Plus, it has Land on art. Hell, I'd put ANXM on the list before that one.

Disagree. I remember a lot more of Gillen's Uncanny run than I do Aaron's WatX. There were a few "fun" issues of WatX but it went off track multiple times, and never really hit any high points. Gillen's X-Men run was consistently good from start to finish. He nailed every character in my opinion. If there's a weak point to the run, it's the Greg Land art but that doesn't stop me from enjoying a lot of it. The Extinction Team; awesome stuff. Love me some Sinister and I'm sad he hasn't been seen since, but then again given who's writing X-Men right now and how poo poo it has been, I'm not all that sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Okay, the first half of Aaron's WatX, and at minimum Gillen's Fear Itself issues plus the one where Namor bangs a squid and calls redheads icky. Plus I recall really enjoying AvX Consequences.

• Locked thread