Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Manifest posted:

What's this poo poo about Benjy giving two week's notice?

I LOVE BENJY (gently caress the haters)

Probably bullshit, looks to be some reddit poster who is saying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Being a new listener, I'd love some YouTube links that display evidence that Benjy isn't a total idiot.

Just remember that 60% of the funny, one off, things that Howard says are written by Benji.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Being a new listener, I'd love some YouTube links that display evidence that Benjy isn't a total idiot.

There isn't any. Benji is a blight on the show, no matter how many "funny Howard lines" he supposedly writes.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Him reciting the Footloose speech at that town hall meeting was pretty amusing.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Him reciting the Footloose speech at that town hall meeting was pretty amusing.

I laughed really hard when Kevin Bacon talked about bribing wedding DJs to not play the Footlose song because apparently he's expected to do a dance from a movie from 30 years ago.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Brocktoon posted:

There isn't any. Benji is a blight on the show, no matter how many "funny Howard lines" he supposedly writes.

The only funny thing Benjy ever did was get yelled at by Tracey Millman for conducting himself like a total rear end in a top hat at a Christmas party.

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

The only time I've ever liked Benjy was at the Anthony Weiner resignation speech. Other than that I absolutely despise him. To be honest, I really don't care how many one-liners he gives Howard. Plenty of people can do that job just as well, if not better.

Skip to 2:20 for his first interjection.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V_NJRNtNlg

Now that I've rewatched it I still think Sal or Richard would have done it much better and definitely wouldn't have apologized to the douchebag reporters afterwards trying to justify sexting as a serious story.

Shapur fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Apr 17, 2014

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Benjy is great at trolling. I think Howard should have unleashed him on the public in a "Jackass" style way more often. Back in '04 there was an anti-war "yell off" where all these people would yell for 15 seconds to end the war or something lame like that. Benjy went and ruined it and then started yelling about how "we are mad at our small penises". Here's the clip

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
This is amazing:

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/benjy-bronk-net-worth/

quote:

Benjy Bronk net worth and salay: Benjy Bronk is a American TV and radio writer who has a net worth of $3 million and annual salary of $300 thousand. Benjy Bronk has earned his net worth as joke writer for The Howard Stern Show. He started his career as an intern in 1998 at age 31 and earned himself a paid position conducting pre-interviews of show guests. He also gathered articles and headlines for Robin Quivers' daily news segment. In 2009, Benjy was given an in-studio slot next to writers Jackie Martling and Fred Norris. He became famous for writing hilarious jokes for Stern on-the-spot, with little to no preparation at all. Benjy has also orchestrated many amusing public disruptions. In Jun 2011, police removed Bronk after he disrupted the press conference in which Representative Anthony Weiner announced his resignation.

My brain is wrinkling at how wrong this is...

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Transmodiar posted:

This is amazing:

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/benjy-bronk-net-worth/

My brain is wrinkling at how wrong this is...

I think the worst part of what you quoted is that Robin actually needs someone to help her read CNN and then repeat it on the air.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Looks like some of the HowardTV guys landed on their feet. Richie Wilson and Goodstein recently got a job with P Diddy's production company and I think Phelan got steady work somewhere, too. Scott Depace might still be looking, but his wife is apparently a producer for The Daily Show so they might be all right for a while. It's crazy how much of a fixture these guys were on the show for so many years. I genuinely hope they all do well post-HSS.

mike_348
Apr 30, 2009

ultraviolence123 posted:

Richard was on location when Siobhan lost her (?) virginity, post-transition. There is a HowardTV episode of this. Richard's crazed laughter is all over the soundtrack, making it really funny.

Yes that clip was insane, her poo poo apartment, describing the smells, the nerdy guy who actually got hard and was loving her but only lost his boner cause Howard kept trying to get him to talk on the phone, classic poo poo.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

moot the hopple posted:

Looks like some of the HowardTV guys landed on their feet. Richie Wilson and Goodstein recently got a job with P Diddy's production company and I think Phelan got steady work somewhere, too. Scott Depace might still be looking, but his wife is apparently a producer for The Daily Show so they might be all right for a while. It's crazy how much of a fixture these guys were on the show for so many years. I genuinely hope they all do well post-HSS.

Me too, except Depace.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
If Eric the Midget outlives Artie I'm gonna be so mad.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

ChaosMonkey posted:

If Eric the Midget outlives Artie I'm gonna be so mad.

Well, I'm dying now Eric, see you later. Bye. Take care, see you. That's great, good bye.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
When you are fueled by pure hate, you exceed life expectancy by at least 20 years.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Ribsauce posted:

When you are fueled by pure hate, you exceed life expectancy by at least 20 years.

Then again, people might miss Artie. And not try to fly his coffin with balloons before the funeral.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

I love Eric so much but then, as dark as it is to say, his family is going to be so relieved of burden when he dies. Back when his (firefighter) brother was getting married, he wanted to go from the wedding off to some Diana Degarmo event (after she didn't respond to his date invitation). Imagine you've got this deluded disabled son who requires this immense amount of elaborate care sitting there grumpily squawking about wanting you to drive him six hours to meet a nobody from a reality show he thinks he could date.

Then when he got on Stern and was doing things like measuring his cock for phone numbers, going to whorehouses, getting bit parts on TV shows and poo poo, just embarrassing the family nonstop for a decade.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
Just got to one of my favorite glossed-over Eric revelations in my relisten: Him stalking some poor girl from that Three Wishes reality show hosted by Amy Grant.

"They didn't do a very good job of hiding where she lived," the creepy little slug said.

Swear to god if he could move around he'd've made a skin suit outta some poor broad.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

ChaosMonkey posted:

Just got to one of my favorite glossed-over Eric revelations in my relisten: Him stalking some poor girl from that Three Wishes reality show hosted by Amy Grant.

"They didn't do a very good job of hiding where she lived," the creepy little slug said.

Swear to god if he could move around he'd've made a skin suit outta some poor broad.

Hahaha I forgot about that one. It happened completely independent of the show, too, unlike the Diana Degarmo poo poo

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Speaking of this, wasn't the preferred punishment for Eric to be sent to 'the lakehouse,' whatever that meant? I imagine it was some vacation home without internet access so the midget couldn't embarrass himself or the family easily.

I still wish that Howard would get Eric's family on the show.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

It had internet access, it was just isolated which is why Eric hated it. Honestly, I wondered why they didn't just put their foot down and remove his internet access so many times, then I realized that without it he'd be calling and bothering THEM a lot more.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

What happened to rapping granny, did she cark it?

mike_348
Apr 30, 2009

Tim Burtons Rug posted:

Me too, except Depace.

Imagine if Depace actually had to utilize the taxpayer funded services he despises the irony would be delicious

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Ughhhhh why does Robin even try to do impressions? I've never heard her be good at a single one. I'm listening to the classic bit from when Selena died, and she's trying to do this horrid Mexican accent that makes her sound Russian.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

She does a good Scott and ok Jackie.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Her Hispanic impressions are the WORST. The last segment on Butt Bongo Fiesta has Howard dressed in a ridiculous cubano outfit and talking like Ricky Ricardo.

Robin's "accent" falls apart half way through, and she starts sounding like Dracula.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Squashy Nipples posted:

Her Hispanic impressions are the WORST. The last segment on Butt Bongo Fiesta has Howard dressed in a ridiculous cubano outfit and talking like Ricky Ricardo.

Robin's "accent" falls apart half way through, and she starts sounding like Dracula.

Hahaha yeah she pretty much sounds like a Russian Dracula in this, that's actually a good call.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I don't know. Her "Do you want me to lick your rear end" was amazing.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
4 inches is fine.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

euphronius posted:

She does a good Scott and ok Jackie.

I love that the Scott and Jackie impressions sound nothing like the actual people, with the notable exception of Billy West imitating Jackie's laugh.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I'll always miss the dickie...

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I wonder if Steve Grillo is still chasing his acting dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXCKaHA24DQ

"Yeah a show about Steve and his trailer would be awesome! LOL no, we don't have the $5,000 to buy the trailer."

haljordan fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Apr 22, 2014

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
So it looks like Artie had a relapse

https://twitter.com/artiequitter/status/458023367484776448 and https://twitter.com/artiequitter/status/458024157037359104

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I wonder if Artie could even get insured if he were offered a movie role at this point.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

He might be sticking to the "diabetic shock" story. Although the whole part about being committed involuntarily would certainly suggest it was something else.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It scares me that "rock bottom" for Artie appears to be death.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

kylej posted:

It scares me that "rock bottom" for Artie appears to be death.

I don't even feel bad for HIM anymore. It's his mom and sister this point that I feel for. It's tough to sit and watch someone become an addict and refuse to take care of themselves.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kelly posted:

I don't even feel bad for HIM anymore. It's his mom and sister this point that I feel for. It's tough to sit and watch someone become an addict and refuse to take care of themselves.

You could make the argument that his mother and sister hurt him by helping him so much. He never has to pick himself up.

I wouldn't make that argument, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

On the upside, Jim Norton will be filling in for him on his show :dance: