Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Bugsy posted:

Picking up cashed in Judge's Familiars and such seems good.

If you're playing a white deck that plays judge's familiers, you don't want 3 drops. (Except maybe like 1 or 2 of Brimaz.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Bugsy posted:

Picking up cashed in Judge's Familiars and such seems good.

I'm pretty sure this goes in BW Bestow.

I'm fairly sure.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

kirtar posted:

I know that you're being sarcastic, but you can't name mutavault.

Even if you could, Mutavault is a land, so it isn't cast, so it wouldn't even work. :v:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

BXCX posted:

Fresh off of MaRo's Twitter.

I wish he was a human.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

AlternateNu posted:

I wish he was a human.

But Kitty Cat Tribal needs it.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Serperoth posted:

Even if you could, Mutavault is a land, so it isn't cast, so it wouldn't even work. :v:

That is also true, as lands are played as a special action.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

minusX posted:

But Kitty Cat Tribal needs it.

If only there was a Cat Lord in this set. :(

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Samael posted:

If only there was a Cat Lord in this set. :(

Brimaz makes you catmen.

You don't get poo poo until I get my Legendary RB Minotaur Lord. :colbert:

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

mcmagic posted:

If you're playing a white deck that plays judge's familiers, you don't want 3 drops. (Except maybe like 1 or 2 of Brimaz.)

Banisher Priest does work in that deck, and I run Ajani COP as a one- or two-of. But generally this is true.

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
I want to doom blade my own cat priest with Athreos and a Bubbling Cauldron on the field and a festering newt in the graveyard.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

End of Life Guy posted:

I want to doom blade my own cat priest with Athreos and a Bubbling Cauldron on the field and a festering newt in the graveyard.

Now you're thinking like a Johnny!

We can call it "BW Brewhas"!

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Count Bleck posted:

Brimaz makes you catmen.

You don't get poo poo until I get my Legendary RB Minotaur Lord. :colbert:

There's already the red +1/+1 and trample lord, and the uncommon RB lord that makes all your minotaurs cost RB less. That's as good as you're going to get for a fringe tribe like cow-men.

In my dreams there's some kinda OP minotaur equipment so that there can be a deck called cow-blade.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Entropic posted:

There's already the red +1/+1 and trample lord, and the uncommon RB lord that makes all your minotaurs cost RB less. That's as good as you're going to get for a fringe tribe like cow-men.

In my dreams there's some kinda OP minotaur equipment so that there can be a deck called cow-blade.

gently caress that give me the BR Legendary Minotaur so I can make the EDH deck already!

I want to use Didgeridoo! :mad:

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Angry Grimace posted:

They changed Kiora's last name because they determined it was offensive, right?

Not sure if "offensive" is the right word, more like... culturally insensitive? "Atua" is apparently a spiritual term in Polynesian cultures, which was complete coincidence, and they figured it better to just steer clear of any unintended implications that may have by just dropping the last name. Here's where it was announced: http://dougbeyermtg.tumblr.com/post/73492305439/why-kiora-the-crashing-wave-and-not-kiora-atua-why

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Entropic posted:

There's also that 5CMC uncommon lord in Theros that gives them haste and +2/+0 on the attack. Cow tribal is A Thing in this limited but you have to get pretty lucky.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Count Bleck posted:

gently caress that give me the BR Legendary Minotaur so I can make the EDH deck already!

That is a possibility. Someone asked maro about that, and he made it sound like there would be one.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Mogis is a legendary BR creature and has a bull-man in the art, that's good enough for me and if anyone has a problem with it,

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Entropic posted:

Well I guess I have to build this deck and use Godsend as the blade no matter what then, because this name is too good to sit around unused.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Boxman posted:

Well I guess I have to build this deck and use Godsend as the blade no matter what then, because this name is too good to sit around unused.

Well. At least you have Reckoner to go with your white mana. :v:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Tharizdun posted:

Mogis is a legendary BR creature and has a bull-man in the art, that's good enough for me and if anyone has a problem with it,

Neat let me activate my Digeridoo and put Mogis into play and swing for 8 with trample thanks to Rageblood Shaman!

:smith:

At least I can use Moonmist to protect my GR legendary werewolf commander!

:smithicide:

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Neat let me activate my Digeridoo and put Mogis into play and swing for 8 with trample thanks to Rageblood Shaman!
Okay?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

You don't see the problem with them making two BR legendary creatures in the block that has minotaurs as a BR tribe and neither of them are minotaurs, preventing me from making a BR minotaur deck in commander with a minotaur on top?

It's the same goddamn thing that hit GR werewolves in Innistrad. There's this flavorful two-color tribe and not a single legendary creature of the type in the color combination. I shouldn't have to play a lovely do-nothing card to have a minotaur commander in the first place.

Seriously Kragma Warcaller costs 5 I'd rather be dropping it for my minotaur commander than having to make a minotaur commander. And if I'm playing Conspiracy I'll just make best BR commander Olivia Voldaren a minotaur.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

You don't see the problem with them making two BR legendary creatures in the block that has minotaurs as a BR tribe and neither of them are minotaurs, preventing me from making a BR minotaur deck in commander with a minotaur on top?

It's the same goddamn thing that hit GR werewolves in Innistrad. There's this flavorful two-color tribe and not a single legendary creature of the type in the color combination. I shouldn't have to play a lovely do-nothing card to have a minotaur commander in the first place.

Seriously Kragma Warcaller costs 5 I'd rather be dropping it for my minotaur commander than having to make a minotaur commander. And if I'm playing Conspiracy I'll just make best BR commander Olivia Voldaren a minotaur.

Wasn't Huntmaster originally supposed to be legendary, but they decided against it thanks to name issues with the flipped and unflipped sides?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Understand that if I had any artistic talent I'd be making a bullman in a corset and flowing dress with a ladylike body structure and little bitty bat wings.

Also yeah stop telling me to deal with not having a flavorful Legendary Minotaur in a set full of flavorful Minotaurs! :argh:

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Madmarker posted:

Wasn't Huntmaster originally supposed to be legendary, but they decided against it thanks to name issues with the flipped and unflipped sides?

They should've just given Immerwolf a legendary touch-up, then. His ability is legendary as hell.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Banisher Priest does work in that deck, and I run Ajani COP as a one- or two-of. But generally this is true.

Ajani out of the SB against control is terrific.

NivMizzet
May 22, 2004

"My criticism of the Izzet is that their impulse for learning seems too much like impulse and too little like learning."
-Trigori, Azorius senator

Count Bleck posted:

Just do as I do and have Zedruu as the commander, that way you get Boros Reckoner as well as White and Blue spells, like Crystal Shard to save Zedruu or another minotaur from removal and put it back into play from your hand with Didgeridoo.

In fact, I may just leave my Minotaur tribal EDH as Zedruu even if they come out with a RB Minotaur legend, there's just so much utility in those colors.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Niton posted:

They should've just given Immerwolf a legendary touch-up, then. His ability is legendary as hell.

Or made an RG :airquote:wolfir:airquote: legend in AVR.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Also my friend wrote some good stuff on the hypocrisy of crackgate if you want to read a poo poo ton of words.

http://cmlisawesome.blogspot.com/2014/03/cracking-smile-cracking-some-jokes-re.html

Alaan
May 24, 2005

I might have read it if they could go more than two sentences without a butt joke.

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004

Alaan posted:

I might have read it if he could go more than two sentences without a butt joke.

I couldn't get past part 1. The color choices on the fonts were also a turnoff.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Also my friend wrote some good stuff on the hypocrisy of crackgate if you want to read a poo poo ton of words.

http://cmlisawesome.blogspot.com/2014/03/cracking-smile-cracking-some-jokes-re.html

I read the majority of it. It sucked. Do yourself a favor and get better friends.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
The butt jokes were hilarious in their relentless immaturity, but god drat that is a shitton of words. I'm one of the more verbose, ornate writers I know and if I saw that in a paper I would tell the writer to condense it by at least half.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

What a horribly written piece of garbage that has nothing useful to say. I kept skimming paragraphs to see if there was going to be anything of value. Didn't pan out.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Toshimo posted:

I read the majority of it. It sucked. Do yourself a favor and get better friends.

So is the minimal limit on how many times you say a variation of "Get new friends" per day three?

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Everything about this article is terrible, from the opinions expressed within to the nonstop terrible crack jokes.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The worst part is troll face meme but I am glad that someone finally took a stand and played Devils Advocate in the nerd community.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

The worst part is troll face meme but I am glad that someone finally took a stand and played Devils Advocate in the nerd community.

Eh, a major part of playing devil's advocate is being a tad bit more mature and serious about it though. This is, um, rambling at best.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Ramos posted:

So is the minimal limit on how many times you say a variation of "Get new friends" per day three?

It feels like it should be part of the standard goon advice strategy at this point.

1. Sever
2. Get Swole
3. Get new friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Toshimo posted:

It feels like it should be part of the standard goon advice strategy at this point.

1. Sever
2. Get Swole
3. Get new friends

4. Get a lawyer.

• Locked thread