Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

McGiggins posted:

there may be some elements of truth to (as to my motives).
goons were a cut above the rest
Their exploits
I shall bide my time then.

I bring disappointing news. This is not a hookup site, and we all have dicks.

McGiggins posted:

That's exactly why I wanted to play with goons: other people are too dumb to breathe.

Goonrace supremacy. Zing! Paying 10bux to lowtax does not make anyone less "people" and more "goon". We are all "dumb people", and goon is just a word, some morons on an internet forum made up to have a sense of community and identity on the internet.

The idea of community is to prove yourself and be accepted by behaving like normal, tolerant, "dumb people". Forcing people to like you by copycatting their lovely faults, because you think that makes you look cool, has the opposite effect.

I love cats fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Apr 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

I love cats posted:

I bring disappointing news. This is not a hookup site, and we all have dicks.

Goon love is the best love! :gay:

Edit: If anything he should just play on the PS4 with the fun loving goons. Plenty of us running pink energy and looking like a pretty princess.

Big Floppy fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Apr 17, 2014

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

I love cats posted:

and we all have dicks.

You say that like it's a bad thing. :heysexy:

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012
I bear my dick with pride, man. :smith:

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Its true, I received an honorary dick after lurking for 2 years.

E: Also it should be Gooneer, Gooner doesn't pronounce the right way.

E2: Checked ingame it's fixed, hooray!

GenericOverusedName fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Apr 17, 2014

Tequila
Apr 16, 2002
DRIVE BY RANDOM TITLING! YOU MAY BE NEXT!

I love cats posted:

Goonrace supremacy. Zing! Paying 10bux to lowtax does not make anyone less "people" and more "goon". We are all "dumb people", and goon is just a word, some morons on an internet forum made up to have a sense of community and identity on the internet.

I'd like to think of it as shorthand for "people who don't actually leave the mission when the Lotus tells you to during the G3 spawning script"

Emy
Apr 21, 2009

GenericOverusedName posted:

E2: Checked ingame it's fixed, hooray!

Unfortunately, even spelled correctly, it's still on Venus. I assume other people clicked faster on the actual desirable locations.

This system :negative:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm still super new at this game and have no idea what any post in the last 2 pages mean, but am having a blast. Is it just me though or does every pubbie play this game like it's a goddamn race? I swear to god every match is just everybody trying to finish first with most of the crates and chests that have loot completely ignored. I'll take my time looking everywhere for loot and get to the end with everybody doing flips on walls and trying to cut each other right outside the escape pods. :psyduck:

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

I want to post some mods on the spreadsheet, but it keeps asking me to reload! I'll try again tomorrow.

Passburger
May 4, 2013
edit

Passburger fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Sep 21, 2016

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

explosivo posted:

I'm still super new at this game and have no idea what any post in the last 2 pages mean, but am having a blast. Is it just me though or does every pubbie play this game like it's a goddamn race? I swear to god every match is just everybody trying to finish first with most of the crates and chests that have loot completely ignored. I'll take my time looking everywhere for loot and get to the end with everybody doing flips on walls and trying to cut each other right outside the escape pods. :psyduck:

The way you go through a mission is driven by what you seek to achieve by it.

If you are interested in credits, or the advertised reward (a hat, a mod, a weapon blue print), it is best to go through that mission as fast as possible (in case you somehow fail it, you can start over before the alert expires). These are generally done with randoms, friends, and rarely solo.

If you are looking to level up your frame, farm a certain resource, a certain mod, or a certain BP part, you will take your time. These sort of missions are played best alone or with friends.

Good players, normal people and goons (a race in its own right, just like Martians) steer clear of randoms, and play either solo or, privately, coop with friends.

The only type of people you meet in randoms are (with very few exceptions) the casuals or the anti-socials. The former couldn't give a poo poo, the latter are unable to give a poo poo. Either of the two archetypes are not fun to play with. Actually, they are massive hurdle once you figure out the game a bit.

I strongly suggest to A. switch to solo when you have no friends to play with. B. switch to private and either ask goons to play with you, or sign up for whatever goon activities are going on (usually announced in clan chat).

Don't worry about your level, your skill, what have you. As long as you aren't being a hallway hero, and die every 3 seconds, somewhere in dumbfuckville, you are always an asset, not an anchor. No one will ever give you a hard time for waving around your mk1 braton in a tower 3 survival game.

I love cats fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 17, 2014

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

explosivo posted:

Honestly, most of the "loot" in missions is not very worthwhile, even as a newbie.

NaHypochlorite
Sep 23, 2012

Shut up and drink your juice.

explosivo posted:

Hey, welcome! Yah, don't worry about the stuff in the last couple of pages. The developers of the game added a new space rail system last week and the old-timers are still trying to understand the cost/benefit of duking it out with other clans.

I felt the same way as you when I started out. It was hard to keep up with the other dudes. For a lot of the higher-level players, they've played the types missions hundreds if not thousands of times and so they ignore the loot cases. They have tons of money and materials. So for them, each mission IS kind of a race because they're after the reward for completion, not for the bits of cash and materials that you get from destroying crates.

Just have fun. Once you play for a little longer, all of the forum posts will make sense and you'll be the one stabbing the other dudes by the pods.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

McGiggins posted:

That's exactly why I wanted to play with goons: other people are too dumb to breathe.

It's fun to use them, but to spend 100% of your time with them?

When life support runs out, we're all too dumb to breathe.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Epsilon Plus posted:

Honestly, most of the "loot" in missions is not very worthwhile, even as a newbie.

In my experience, it was collecting every single chunk of scrap I came across early on that made grinding less of a hurdle later, when I could afford to buy a main warframe or weapon bp. It may not seem much, but opening every crate along the way tends to amount to quite a bit.

To my dismay, a friend I carried through missions to help him make credits and get his rhino quickly, needed even more carrying into high level missions, to collect all the resources he needed to build the drat thing (orokin cells, neuronal sensors, control modules, rubedo, plastids, etc).

Believe me when I say, it is exactly when you need something, the game somehow decides it should not drop it, at all.

I love cats fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 17, 2014

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

explosivo posted:

Lockers and chests mostly drop lovely loot like ammo and occasionally resources, enemies drop mods which are the main things non-new players are looking for. I don't even bother opening lockers nowadays and only smash crates if it's along the way.

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

Piell posted:

Lockers and chests mostly drop lovely loot like ammo and occasionally resources, enemies drop mods which are the main things non-new players are looking for. I don't even bother opening lockers nowadays and only smash crates if it's along the way.

T3 lockers are worth looting especially with master theif equipped. I have seen over 2000 credits coming out of a room of lockers/crates. Plus running with or as a Loki to open those parkour room doors or get to hard to reach areas.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I break every container and open most lockers when I run Saturn, just for the shot at the Orokin Cells.

I picked up a resource booster to help get my stocks of various things built up (loving Polymer Bundles, man) and ended up with close to 60 from running Ruk and various other missions. Resource Booster is awesome.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Am I right in thinking that Shredder would actually be pretty decent on the Drakgoon, what with 99% of its damage being slash damage?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I run those type boosters on melee weapons, but I almost always avoid them in favor of an elemental on a gun.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Echophonic posted:

I run those type boosters on melee weapons, but I almost always avoid them in favor of an elemental on a gun.

On second thought, you're right. I didn't realize the bonus from shredder was so low for how much you have to invest to max it out.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

AHungryRobot posted:

Am I right in thinking that Shredder would actually be pretty decent on the Drakgoon, what with 99% of its damage being slash damage?

Not really. Point Blank is pretty cheap and it also adds to elemental damage because that's how :de: calculates things.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Re: GOON clan chat, is there a limit to the amount of people we can sponsor? I've been in the clan since before dojos were a thing and have sponsored two non-goons in that time, one of whom has weathered all the clan purges and the other of whom joined up last week. If I'm looking to sponsor a third guy who's played since the beginning of open beta and has been an occasional forums lurker for some time (I gifted him an account recently for LoL and GWS chat, dunno if he's redeemed it yet), should I just put his info in the clan app with my name attached to avoid the J4G run-around?

e: VVV awesome, thanks!

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Apr 17, 2014

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Yeah that's fine.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Dear guys, are any of the laser guns from the lasers lab any good apart from the dera which I already have?

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Dear guys, are any of the laser guns from the lasers lab any good apart from the dera which I already have?

Cestra and dual Cestra are downright fun. Spray and Pray baby!

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

I really like the Flux Rifle, it's less of a laser gun and more an portable sci-fi industrial grade cutting laser, but it's certainly fun. At least I remeber it beeing rather fun, though that was long before the Synapse release. I'm actually not sure how it stacks up against its bio-weapon equivalent.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Arsonide posted:

We only joined the alliance so we could open that window in the orokin lab...and we still can't open it.
Wow. That is sublimely :de:

explosivo posted:

To be fair, we tend to go fast too, we're just not screaming abusive racists about it. I have a theory that those particular pubbies don't realize the co-op doors can be opened solo when there's only one player. We also don't get downed by a stiff breeze without good reason, so that particular subset of gofast pubbie may be doing it because they can't survive a fight and want to get out as fast as possible.

See also: Squad broken on G3 incoming, the pubbie that chat was laughing about last night for trying to run from Stalker.

We have our own reasons to speed though, as others have covered. But to summarize:
- Once you're hundreds of hours in, you've seen this poo poo.
- Only certain mission have particularly worthwhile stuff in containers - even then, it's a matter of RNG, and people are often aiming for the mission reward anyways. If you want to explore and look around, such as in the void, just say so ahead of time - I feel most of us are willing to slow down and show you things like secret loot rooms, especially if you're new.
- Some people lag behind and explore the void anyways if there's no defending in the mission. If they mark and announce big loot rooms, most people will backtrack to them.
- Orokin Derelict Vault runs generally have more exploration, since you have to find the drat vault in the first place. However, groups will form specifically for these.
- Speaking of Orokin Derelicts, you build those keys using black Nav Coordinate spheres out of containers (and the OD Assassinate missions use the spheres from other OD missions). Thing is, we already have a ton of these keys - when you're new, save your other crafting resources and ask for someone to run one. If you use the Carrier sentinel, you'll also absorb a lot of Nav Coordinates over time.
- For general crafting resources, it's often more worthwhile to murder as many spacemans as fast as possible: Defense, Mobile Defense, Survival. Two of those are about standing in one area while dudes swarm you, so there's not a huge need to go fast.
- The old way to get credits fast was to run lots of void keys. The new way to get credits fast is to 5-waves-and-out on Pluto Dark Sector Defense when it's open, and run lots of void keys when it's closed due to the lovely railfight system.

Even if you don't want to SPEEEEEED, I still recommend learning to Zorencopter, as it will allow you to explore faster. With certain weapons, slide (sprint-crouch) then melee or flying kick (sprint-jump-crouch) then melee to launch yourself. Before, the Dual Zoren axes did it best, but now, the whips, the Kama, some staffs, and many longswords are all capable of it. To check, attempt the move with an unmodded melee weapon - if you don't lose speed, the weapon should be suitable. Attack speed mods improve the effect.

I love cats posted:

the casuals or the anti-socials
Bot-aspirants. :colbert:

Emy
Apr 21, 2009
Hey, on the subject of exploration, are the rewards for derelict parkour rooms still poo poo?

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
I've gotten junk the last several times I've done them. My last drop was Flame Repellant. I can't speak for the one in the cathedral-height room you have to use Nova or the infinite wall climb to reach, but I don't think they'd divide loot tables based on specific rooms. Best thing I ever got from them was Hell's Chamber and G3 are more reliable (if much less common) for good drops.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

zgrowler2 posted:

I've gotten junk the last several times I've done them. My last drop was Flame Repellant. I can't speak for the one in the cathedral-height room you have to use Nova or the infinite wall climb to reach, but I don't think they'd divide loot tables based on specific rooms. Best thing I ever got from them was Hell's Chamber and G3 are more reliable (if much less common) for good drops.

What's the spawn rate for the G3 once you've got the death mark?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Fish Noise posted:

You know where the Trading Post is in the PC clan dojo? Right next to it is this thing that looks like Trading Post Prime. Use that, the options presented should be pretty self-explanatory.

Er, no. I'm new at this and wish to pay tribute to the Goonlords and the glory of the rail.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Low. i don't know numbers, but low. I farmed them for a day when they first hit and never found them. Had them spawn once with goons (successful), had them spawn once with pubbies (host migration by a jerk who listened to Lotus and left got me killed). Best advice I can give is to play with other marked goons doing other stuff (Prosecutor farming, Cambria, etc.) and hope they show up.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

zgrowler2 posted:

You can reach that room without glitching. AFAIK you can reach all parkour/treasure rooms without glitching or using abilities.

Don't drop poo poo though, so why bother.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

Connectivity Issues: PLEASE NOTE: We're still addressing small lingering server issues.
Additions:
Warlords representing each Clan/Alliance will now appear in Dark Sectors in-game transmissions.
Extended Specter variety to include all possible Warframes; Specters now manifest as the current Warframe being used by the clan member they represent.
Added in new visual effects to help distinguish pending Dark Sector conflicts from active Dark Sector conflicts.
The Corpus Easter Bunny has arrived - Keep an eye out Corpus themed Easter Egg loot crates, Bunny Ear attachments, and the limited time only Easter Color picker!
Changes:
Note: Argon Crystals will no longer decay until server connection issues are fully resolved.
Reduced health of Solar Rails for quicker conflicts.
Added a Undeployed Rail counter to the Rail construction UI in the Dojo that shows how many clan or alliance Solar Rails are currently being built and are awaiting deployment.
Reduced the XP boosts across Dark Sectors.
Tweaked a number of Axe sound effects.
Tweaked the roll sound effects for Warframes.
Tweaked the Glaive sound effects.
Reduced the volume of the Energy Channel activation sound.
Improved the display of Blueprints as in the end of match rewards screen.
Optimized Apex particles - Note that changes to Apex settings will now require an application restart.
Prevent Stalker and other hunter type enemies from showing up during Defense waves that end in the "Continue?" prompt.
Improved the performance of fog visual effects.
Improved the performance of Ember's visual effects on lower end computers.
Reduced the volume on Corpus Crewmen barks.
Tweaked the sound effects of the Tenno mantle, flip, and vault sound effects.
Tweaked the Glaive combo animations.
Altered the mod costs for Hydroid's abilities to bring them in line with all the other Warframes.
Optimized the sounds on the Shipyards level.
Increased the number of decorations allowed within Large Dojo Gardens to 30.
Optimized water art assets in Dojo's on low end machines.
Tweaked the frequency of Grineer and Corpus soldier pain barks.
Improved the positioning of the Imperator Syandana to fit better on Oberon's back.
Fixes:
Fixed some broken UI elements for new players encountered after completing the tutorial.
Fixed a number of localization issues.
Fixed an issue with Vauban's Bounce ability not working correctly.
Fixed sessions unintentionally becoming locked or unlocked after a Host Migration had occurred.
Fixed 'Invite to Game' option not appearing in the Recent Players list.
Fixed an issue with Vault Credits not displaying correctly when Solar Rail integrity is low.
Fixed an audio issue with the Nami Skyla not playing slide slash sounds.
Fixed an issue of players getting stuck in a endless fall loop on the Shipyards tileset.
Fixed Nef Anyo's transmissions not displaying correctly.
Fixed the sort order for items in the Clan Log.
Fixed an issue with Rescue targets not properly navigating their surroundings.
Fixed an issue with a console not being oriented properly on the Gas City tileset.
Fixed Nef Anyo's Grenade attack not playing sounds correctly.
Fixed an instance of the screen being permanently obscured when a Specters uses Radial Blind and dies before it wears off.
Fixed a loss of functionality that could occur after unequipping a secondary weapon and then attempting to upgrade a Sentinel weapon.
Fixed an incorrect description for the Female Helmet pack.
Fixed Vay Hek's terrify ability affecting unintended targets (allies).
Fixed Hysteria appearing as constantly being in use when used while no Melee weapon is equipped.
Fixed an issue with the Back and Exit button call outs overlapping within the View Recent Players tab.
Fixed blocking being able to stop scripted damage types such as the suffocation damage over time that occurs after a window is broken.
Fixed an issue where other players would not be able to hear the firing of fully charged charge shot weapons.
Fixed an issue with room doors not opening correctly on certain Galleon tilesets.
Fixed Energy Channel not properly increasing melee damage after Melee Channeling has been used.
Fixed a collision issue with certain art assets on the Xini node.
Fixed Ember's Fireblast visuals ending prematurely if using multiple duration extending mods.
Fixed an issue with Vay Hek getting stuck under the tram when fighting him.
Fixed an issue with the visuals on Saryn's Venom ability appearing incorrectly.
Fixed an issue where players would not receive a notification popup after receiving a Mod that was just transmuted.
Fixed the guard on the Nami Skyla appearing less detailed than it should have.
Fixed a number of crashes.
Fixed an issue with clients breaking after attempting to perform a melee attack after Valkyr's Hysteria has ended.
Fixed an issue with client's not properly seeing the attacks from Tenno Specters.
Fixed a visual effect desync seen when a client performs a finisher while channeling.
Fixed an issue with elemental effects not properly being displayed when the Nikana is sheathed.
Fixed an animation issue for Grineer Roller's when stationary.
Fixed an issue with Client's seeing the HUD of other players while spectating.
Fixed Dera's camo skin not properly using Color Tints.
Fixed a visual effects issue for the Candy Cane Scythe.
Fixed an art related issue with the Excalibur Proto-Armor.
Fixed an issue with players being unable to navigate Solar Rail nodes after receiving a notification of a previously contested Solar Rail battle.
Fixed the accessory offsets on the Dragon Nikana and made them match that of the Nikana.
Fixed a number of stance mods not having correct names for combos.
Fixed Client side Zephyrs not having lowered gravity after a host migration.
CLAN HIGHLIGHTS
Warlords representing each Clan/Alliance will now appear in Dark Sectors in-game transmissions.
Extended Specter variety to include all possible Warframes; Specters now manifest as the current Warframe being used by the clan member they represent.
Added in new visual effects to help distinguish pending Dark Sector conflicts from active Dark Sector conflicts.
Fixed the sort order for items in the Clan Log.
Fixed an issue with Vault Credits not displaying correctly when Solar Rail integrity is low.
Reduced health of Solar Rails for quicker conflicts.
Added a Undeployed Rail counter to the Rail construction UI in the Dojo that shows how many clan or alliance Solar Rails are currently being built and are awaiting deployment.
Reduced the XP boosts across Dark Sectors.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Terbulus posted:

:siren: SWITCH TO TRINITY BEFORE YOU LOG OUT :siren:

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Does anyone have a spare vauban helmet or chassis blueprint?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Does anyone have a spare vauban helmet or chassis blueprint?

Those can't be traded.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Thanks for the input, guys! I'm trying to convince a buddy of mine to get this so we can do co-op together but I might just have to hook up with some goons sooner or later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Man the new stances are cool and everything, but the little mod cards all look loving terrible. When the mod update rolled out, a lot of the cards looked quite stylish and swish, but these ones look loving awful.