Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

LightsGameraAction posted:

Hall has always been one of those guys that because of the average stature of pro-wrestlers in the 80's-early 90's I never thought he was that big but HOLY poo poo this picture.

Is he legit 6'7?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I totally blocked the belt in his left hand out of memory. WWE has had some ugly rear end belts since retiring the spread eagle.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Bigass Moth posted:

I totally blocked the belt in his left hand out of memory. WWE has had some ugly rear end belts since retiring the spread eagle.

I'm going to assume you're referring to the Word Life US Title, because the Undisputed Belt is a thing of beauty.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Bigass Moth posted:

That's an actual belt they used? But it says 'Word Life' on it and everything...

Anyway here are some photos of hottest WWE diva, Aksana:

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
I was referring to the Undisputed championship belt. What can I say, I love the eagle globe classic belt.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

gently caress Aksana, this is the hottest:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Back in the days of yore, when Dan Severn was the NWA champion (and at the time time, had like 15 different UFC belts), I went to an indy show that he was performing at. Dude was super friendly and would sign drat near anything you put in front of him and pose for a ton of photos. I got to hold the NWA title, and I can confirm it's one of the most awesome title belts of all time.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i must be in the vast minority of self admitted belt marks who isn't really that fond of the classic NWA title. it just looks so minor league

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

John Cena posted:

i must be in the vast minority of self admitted belt marks who isn't really that fond of the classic NWA title. it just looks so minor league

Can't stand it either. It looked so terribly out of date in the '80s, not to mention now. Don't like the Undisputed either. It's just too drab and boring. Add some color to it, and it might be passable.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I do like Big Gold though, it looks classy but not out of date.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

John Cena posted:

It's pretty ugly

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The undisputed belt looks like poo poo, it's too drab. The spinner and new big logo belt look bad too.

What I'm saying is, go back to the winged eagle.

Hell yeah. (I'm aware of the earlier versions, this is just the one I like the most)

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Why do we all call it the winged eagle? All eagles have wings.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LividLiquid posted:

Why do we all call it the winged eagle? All eagles have wings.

Because the spread eagle title would invite certain questions.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

John Cena posted:

Kind of like the NWA, then.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Edited to remove a bullshit sexist joke I'm not proud of.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lets post ugly belts

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

John Cena posted:

lets post ugly belts

Oh hell no.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Deadpool posted:

Oh hell no.

that was the interim design before the settled on the modern less fugly version.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

John Cena posted:

that was the interim design before the settled on the modern less fugly version.

Oh ok, didn't look close enough. Though even on review I don't see that big of a difference.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
The old oval IC belt is also fugly and they used it for like 10 years.

Rad R.
Oct 10, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

You know how early in Undertaker's career, he was really protected, didn't actually have to do much in the ring, and didn't have to speak, at all? That was Sting at the height of his popularity.

Then he went to TNA and did a Joker gimmick where he stole lines from Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight and Jim Carrey in The Mask and repeated them verbatim. He did this about as skillfully as you could expect from a guy who had peaked by standing around ominously without speaking.

Well, I'm sorry but I have a soft spot for Sting. I was a goth kid and he was the Crow. Brandon Lee wasn't the Crow because he died, Vincent Perez wasn't the Crow because he sucked, so Sting was the Crow. I've seen SOME of his TNA stuff, but I did avoid his Joker Mask Madman gimmick - maybe I was protecting myself.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
This is an easier way to see the comparison between the new IC belt, and the "transitional" version.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The spinner belt is the gaudiest, tackiest, cheap-rear end chunky piece of poo poo belt I've ever seen. Thankfully I wasn't around for it.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Frankston posted:

The spinner belt is the gaudiest, tackiest, cheap-rear end chunky piece of poo poo belt I've ever seen. Thankfully I wasn't around for it.

Check out Edge's version, it looks like a reject from CZW.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Bigass Moth posted:

Check out Edge's version, it looks like a reject from CZW.

Was the R-star actually a new plate, or was it just a sticker? I could never tell but it always looked like a sticker to me.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Best and worst

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Bigass Moth posted:

gently caress you. It was different from the rest and I thought it looked like class. The X Division title just makes me roll my eyes with that big dumb red X in the middle.

EDIT: Just saw the new one. Slightly less dumb than the NWATNA one or the TNA one but still pretty jank.

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 17, 2014

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Best and worst

Yup. It was perfect for what is was and only that.

Incendiary Pig
Nov 3, 2006

Totally out of control
I always hated the Undisputed and the oval IC and the spinner belt. The current WWE belt is okay, I guess. But I agree with the person that said the winged eagle is the best. That thing just screams prestige, along with the big gold belt being classy as gently caress.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

John Cena posted:

lets post ugly belts

That belt is so Inoki it hurts. I love it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Best and worst

I don't think it's true, but I always loved the rumor that the Hardcore belt was the WWF Heavyweight title that Mr. Perfect smashed that one time after he stole it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXi_-ROcUE

That clip is also 80s as gently caress, btw.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Bigass Moth posted:

Maybe it's just because I grew up with it, but I thought the oval belt was awesome.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

LightsGameraAction posted:

Was the R-star actually a new plate, or was it just a sticker? I could never tell but it always looked like a sticker to me.

It was a new plate.

On the subject of ugly belts, almost every self-commissioned "legacy" belt could be nominated. Jeff Hardy's, Hurricane Helms', Shannon Moore's, etc.

The Blue Demon Jr. belt isn't too bad though.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

OmegaBR posted:

It was a new plate.

On the subject of ugly belts, almost every self-commissioned "legacy" belt could be nominated. Jeff Hardy's, Hurricane Helms', Shannon Moore's, etc.

Nope.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Frankston posted:

yeah but you won't stop posting about how aksana is supposedly attractive so

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

OmegaBR posted:

It was a new plate.

Jesus, what 'legacy' did any of those 3 leave behind?

Wasn't self commissioned was it?

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Commissar Ken posted:

Sure it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Commissar Ken posted:

Jesus, what 'legacy' did any of those 3 leave behind?

I'd like to think it was the FIRST self-commissioned belt - pretty sure Vince gave the go-ahead, I think DiBiase had the idea for the belt and they went with it (I could be wrong though). I honestly hadn't ever seen any wrestlers before Million Dollar Man that had a custom championship made for them, then it kinda took off later, especially after Cena made his custom US title with his rapper gimmick.