Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Is Hogan more orange than usual?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
...was that a Sting talking head I just saw that was filmed within the past week or so?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Yes it was. Also, this was a day before Warrior died. Man.

Quoting the other thread:

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

The last shots with his kids :(

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Edit: Sorry, im a jackass.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
H crying, Vince tearing up with red eyes, Warrior with his kids shortly before his death. poo poo sucks so hard, the heartstring pulling! :smithicide:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Having just caught the last 15 minutes of Warrior Week Pt 4, are the other 3 3/4 parts just as good?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Man, that was so sad.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Daniel Bryan posted:

This week suuuucked
But how did it sucked compared to the last couple of weeks.

Oh god I have become the Foochs of NXT :smith:

No offense Foochs

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
NXT still beats TNA. Probably would even if Brodus Clay and Mojo Rawley spent a whole episode having an iron man match.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I feel like I have to give NXT some wiggle room in terms of quality because so many of these guys are still learning. That's the whole point of NXT. It's the WWE testing grounds, not every experiment is going to work out.

gfanikf posted:

NXT could be Brodus have a colonoscopy and it would still beat TNA.

TNA was THAT bad tonight? Why do you guys even bother? I gave up YEARS ago before poo poo really hit the fan.

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Apr 18, 2014

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shima Honnou posted:

NXT still beats TNA. Probably would even if Brodus Clay and Mojo Rawley spent a whole episode having an iron man match.

NXT could be Brodus have a colonoscopy and it would still beat TNA.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

BigRed0427 posted:

I feel like I have to give NXT some wiggle room in terms of quality because so many of these guys are still learning. That's the whole point of NXT.

That and 2/3 of their best guys are either injured or just got called up.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Until I saw it, I never knew how much I never wanted to see Vince cry. It was like seeing my dad cry for the first time when I was 5.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Spikeguy posted:

Until I saw it, I never knew how much I never wanted to see Vince cry. It was like seeing my dad cry for the first time when I was 5.

I'm just finishing it up now. Vince and HHH losing it was insane. But even weirder was seeing that Hogan wasn't bullshitting for once about burying the hatchet.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spikeguy posted:

It's weird, considering how Vince feels about sneezing, that he didn't start punching himself.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Benoit malenko from spring stampede 97 is a really good match.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Critical posted:

I'm just finishing it up now. Vince and HHH losing it was insane. But even weirder was seeing that Hogan wasn't bullshitting for once about burying the hatchet.

This was honestly my reaction. I was actually glad to see Hogan was actually telling the truth about that. I'm sure in his heart he feels good about making some kind of piece with Warrior before he passed. And a lot of respect to HHH for how he approached Hogan and told him to leave him alone for a bit until after Mania.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Say what you will about HHH's faults, but I think the business is better overall because of his influence.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Spikeguy posted:

Say what you will about HHH's faults, but I think the business is better overall because of his influence.
The only issue I think people have is that he finds a way of putting himself on screen. If instead of him and Stephanie it was two superstars in charge that others could be a legit feud against then it would get over more. Evolution coming back is kind of a yawnfest.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Korak posted:

The only issue I think people have is that he finds a way of putting himself on screen. If instead of him and Stephanie it was two superstars in charge that others could be a legit feud against then it would get over more. Evolution coming back is kind of a yawnfest.

I'm Wait And Seeing again, but at least Evolution appears to be coming back to put over Shield/Reigns. On the heels of them putting over Bryan, maybe we could be turning a corner in that regard.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I completely forgot about Hogan as Mr. America.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
The ECW episode "The Night the Line was Crossed" is on tomorrow at 10. Tommy Dreamer gets caned, Shane Douglas does the only relevant thing in his career. Kimona Wanalaya dances atop the ECW arena... It's HIGH INCIDENT!!!!

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

If you told teenage me that no matter how many times they ran that commercial it was total bullshit and I would never see Kimona's boobs ever in my life ever I might have actually blown my head off.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The American Dream posted:

The ECW episode "The Night the Line was Crossed" is on tomorrow at 10. Tommy Dreamer gets caned, Shane Douglas does the only relevant thing in his career. Kimona Wanalaya dances atop the ECW arena... It's HIGH INCIDENT!!!!

they showed that loving ad so many times I can hear Paul saying the line in my head like it's nothing

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

sportsgenius86 posted:

they showed that loving ad so many times I can hear Paul saying the line in my head like it's nothing

It's the battle of the Bam Bams as Bam Bam Bigelow takes on Terry "Bam Bam" Gordy

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
whoever this guest commentator for wrestlemania 2 is has the most disingenuous voice I've ever heard.

also, the ending to this George Steele Vs. Macho Man match is terrible. I can only assume the rest of it was too.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Roooooooollerjaaaaaaaaaam

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

Same.

But just for the record, The Night The Line Was Crossed is not the time Shane Douglas threw down the NWA title. That's a totally different show, which is also up on the network, I think, but yeah.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

Same.

But just for the record, The Night The Line Was Crossed is not the time Shane Douglas threw down the NWA title. That's a totally different show, which is also up on the network, I think, but yeah.

yea the Night the Line Was Crossed was the three-way dance with Douglas-Funk-Sabu that went 60. The NWA title thing was later that year after he beat Scorpio in the tournament final, which is airing on the Network at 10 ET tonight.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Glad to see them replaying this match. Ever since I was little, Eddie Guerrero was my favorite wrestler.
Seeing him dive into the fans, the sincerity in his celebration, all of it makes me so drat happy every time I see it. :unsmith:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

You'd think a Piper's Pit in MSG with Bobby Heenan would be entertaining, but holy poo poo it is not.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Gavok posted:

You'd think a Piper's Pit in MSG with Bobby Heenan would be entertaining, but holy poo poo it is not.

Mike Rotunda vs Jumping Jim Brunzel was pretty amazing for 1986 WWF.

Ohvee
Jun 17, 2001
Woah, Dolph is lit really oddly in this interview thing about Warrior. Hogan looks his normal orange but Dolph was practically pink.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Ohvee posted:

Woah, Dolph is lit really oddly in this interview thing about Warrior. Hogan looks his normal orange but Dolph was practically pink.

Vince has gotten on a kick of wanting everyone to look a more natural color.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Is that why Aksana was wearing so much tanner last night? Or was it just that her against Paige would have everyone adjusting the contrast on their tv's?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Discuss Main Event here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3627901

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Wrestlemania Rewind: Rock vs Hogan next!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
It's weird that Big E's music and Network interludes reference his five-count gimmick which has never been used on WWE TV.

I'm disappointed that we still won't see that tag team Countdown this week.

Daniel Bryan posted:

Wrestlemania Rewind: Rock vs Hogan next!

Watched this WM in a dorm on WWE.com's horrible streaming service and marked out between buffering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

this is not a bad match but Hogan's skin makes me sick

• Locked thread