Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Zorak posted:

Reprisal.

Ah yes. Did not recognize it with out the walking hammerhead shark or the Chinese looking dragon/dog thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Why not use Mogis for the Minotaur General?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

The Michael Jacob Invitational card

until they print a card called Value Village

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
How do they reprint Reprisal in a block with loving Vanquish the Foul? I know these sets are apparently designed years in advance but I can't help reading its inclusion in JOU as "everyone chewed our heads off after Vanquish being orders of magnitude worse than Reprisal so gently caress it, here ya go".

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Yesss I can break out my old Ice Age reprisals.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Market Festival at common?! 5 color enabler?

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

MiddleEastBeast posted:

How do they reprint Reprisal in a block with loving Vanquish the Foul? I know these sets are apparently designed years in advance but I can't help reading its inclusion in JOU as "everyone chewed our heads off after Vanquish being orders of magnitude worse than Reprisal so gently caress it, here ya go".

I'm just frankly astonished they reprinted Reprisal rather than making a replacement without no-regen, but gift horses, etc.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Coward's Quarters is loving terrible but man its flavor is spot-on. :getin:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

MiddleEastBeast posted:

yeah but scry 1

I wonder if Deserter's Quarters will see any use in limited. It's overcosted, but it's colorless removal.

cuntman.net fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Apr 18, 2014

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Sleepy Owl posted:

yeah but scry 1

And sorcery-speed!

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

They failed pretty hard with Minotaurs and I'm disappointed since it seemed like a really easy flavor win to hit. :(

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Bugsy posted:

Oh gently caress you wizards. :saddowns:

Its still not as bad as rest in peace.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Jabor posted:

Holy poo poo the art on Deserter's Quarters :stare:
That, sir, is a Brazen Bull. Holy poo poo.

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

White still seems pretty OP for Limited. Like, I'm pretty sure every single white card is very playable.

Will have to digest the rest of the set before making any predictions.

Oh that first strike, vigilance trample equipment seems pretty good in Draft, but it's not a creature and doesn't target a creature so I don't know if it's playable.

All Strive cards seem super bomby and make me want to have a deck with nothing but 1-3 drops.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

Entropic posted:

Yesss I can break out my old Ice Age reprisals.

Alliances! (still cool)

Also, Chariot of Victory seems sweet for limited. I'm also glad to see some older style designs, like Deserter's Quarters, Flamespeaker's Will, and Mortal's Obstinacy.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

ungulateman posted:

Coward's Quarters is loving terrible but man its flavor is spot-on. :getin:

I dunno, the creature emerging none the worse for wear after several turns is a pretty big flavor miss. :v:

:getin: is literally appropriate though.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
I'm fairly satisfied, as a white player. Green could have done better, but I got Ajani, so I can't really complain about anything but black getting more hand disruption....seriously, that poo poo's getting old.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Cactrot posted:

Its still not as bad as rest in peace.

True, but why did have to be the entire GY every time? 2 - 3 cards could have been fine.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I like Hubris. In a normal set the "and all auras attached to it" clause would make it a worse unsummon most of the time, but with Bestow creatures it's actually better sometimes.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Ahahaha, Magma Spray reprint. Welp, there goes Voice of Resurgence. Can you stop making GBS threads on Selesnya please.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Bugsy posted:

True, but why did have to be the entire GY every time? 2 - 3 cards could have been fine.

It's not actually that good? Like it's a fine option out of the board against Whip decks in Block but this isn't going to be the thing that holds BG Dredge out of Standard or whatever (like people have said, the existing splash hate from RTR's anti-graveyard stuff will do that if the Jarad deck becomes a metagame target)

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Northjayhawk posted:

Spiteful Blow: Sip of Hemlock with "destroy target land" grafted onto it
So black and green get land destruction, and red doesn't.

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u
I don't think they really failed with minotaurs. They got a good one drop and a deathtouch lord guy, combined with the other BR minotaur stuff I think they're still a contender in limited.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Bugsy posted:

Look at the upside, after rotation black decks will have too many tools to choose from to waste space on graveyard hate.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Zemyla posted:

Red still has demolish :v:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Zemyla posted:

Land destruction has been secondary in those two colors forever so I'm not sure what your beef is?

Pretty much none of the land destruction these days is going to be playable anyway so the lovely 4-6 mana land destruction might as well be in colors other than red.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Zemyla posted:

Demolish?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

an skeleton posted:

I don't think they really failed with minotaurs. They got a good one drop and a deathtouch lord guy, combined with the other BR minotaur stuff I think they're still a contender in limited.

Well they unintentionally made one amazing because of the thread title this forum used

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Boco_T posted:

Fleetfeather Cockatrice seems really good in limited even if it means you're going immediately into 2 colors. Certainly better than Stormchaser Chimera.

This, Horizon Chimera, and Agent of Horizons make simic limited potentially very nasty.

Also, a :skink:! :kimchi:

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Apr 18, 2014

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

AnacondaHL posted:

Well they unintentionally made one amazing because of the thread title this forum used

...this can't be unintentional.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Does anyone know of any good sites/blog/YouTube channels etc, that focus on DotP?

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Removal has improved a bit. The horrible removal in Theros that still would have been an early pick before may now just be there if you've missed out on them in the draft.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Ramos posted:

...this can't be unintentional.

considering that that's from a month ago and the cards had long-since already printed, yes it can

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
anybody here going to the scg open in detroit?

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

I really like the idea that medusa heads are just A Thing that minotaurs sometimes carry into battle, and sometimes a guy will show up at the front line with a sack of medusa heads and hand them out like candy.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003

vulturesrow posted:

Does anyone know of any good sites/blog/YouTube channels etc, that focus on DotP?

This SA thread does:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3556158

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Anyone see any other fuctional reprints? All I can find is Typhoid Rats and Lumengrid Gargoyle. The chariot is almost Sword of Vengeance but not quite.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
Reprisal seems really strong for its cost.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
Looking through the black cards I love how they just gave deathtouch to everything.

Blue cards all go "mill 2-4 from opponent's library" tacked on a bunch.

edit:
Holy gently caress this art + flavor text.

Korak fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Apr 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Bugsy posted:

Anyone see any other fuctional reprints? All I can find is Typhoid Rats and Lumengrid Gargoyle. The chariot is almost Sword of Vengeance but not quite.

Timberland Guide
Blade of the Sixth Pride

• Locked thread