Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endings
Jan 17, 2012

Close your eyes...

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Did PBC/DGKK enter?

PBC won!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Did PBC/DGKK enter?

Yes and we won.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1CQ9YKo5_0

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Garin posted:

What cross class skills are mediocre? Cure lets you solo fates and Raise has dubious uses outside of combat with people who just die and are too lazy to release and run back to you. Foresight gives pretty good physical defense at my current gear level and is usually paired with another cd for maximum effect because you can toss it out without many worries.

The only cross class skills I can think about that really don't do much for a paladin would be Fracture and Skull Sunder. Everything else is pretty handy in cases.

Cure is a really weak heal when you don't have any MND or magic damage behind it - kneejerk testing on my i74 paladin and it's healing for about 200, when I have 5.6k HP, which means Stoneskin is mitigating close to 3 times that. Maybe it's useful for leveling? I never tried it.

The healer/SMN can cover any Raising you need to do, and if the healer dies then he can suck it up and run back :colbert:

Foresight increases your physical defense stat, which means it's not actually decreasing the damage you're taking by 20%. It's pretty mediocre, but it's sure as hell better than nothing, so you might as well take it.

Lunch! Finally!
Jan 23, 2006

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
Except for the fact foresight will only ever get better because while 20% of 200 is not very much 20% of 1000 is way better

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

ps am no frog posted:

Except for the fact foresight will only ever get better because while 20% of 200 is not very much 20% of 1000 is way better

I probably should have mentioned that, yeah, but aren't we still at the armor levels where it's not really better than Rampart or whatever?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Don't forget Foresight only affects Defense, not Magic Defense.

And I thought armor had diminishing returns?

Stufoo
May 9, 2010

Everybody Loves Me
and that's just about as funky as I can be
Data Set
Adjusted damage
example. "Adj damage 59-66 (62.5)"
is absolutely observed results from game.

Lv. 44 Nix
0 Defense
True damage 96-107 (101.5)

Lv. 44 Nix
871 Defense (-38.23%) <- [true x .6177] = adj
Adj damage 59-66 (62.5) [predicted adj = 62.69] 99.69% acc

Lv. 44 Nix
1046 Defense (-45.91%) <- [true x .5409] = adj
Adj damage 52-57 (54.5) [predicted adj = 54.90] 99.2% acc

Lv. 44 Nix
871 Defense & Rampart <- [true x .6177]x .8] = adj
Adj damage 48-53 (50.5) [predicted adj = 50.15] 99.3% acc

Lv. 44 Nix
871 Defense & Shield Oath & Rampart <- [true x .6177]x .8]x .8] = adj
Adj damage 39-43 (41) [predicted adj = 40.12] 97.8% acc

Lv. 44 Nix
1046 Defense & Shield Oath <- [true x .5409]x .8] = adj
Adj damage 42-46 (44) [predicted adj = 43.9] 99.7% acc

Lv. 44 Nix
871 Defense & Sentinel <- [true x .6177]x .6] = adj
Adj damage 36-40 (38) [predicted adj = 37.6] 98.9% acc

---

Mitigation efficiency is the [damage reduction effect / advertised mitigation %]. Foresight's increase of 175 defense (from 871 -> 1046) is an expected mitigation of 7.68%, yet since it applies to the root/true damage, it is mitigating 7% of a larger number, whereas rampart and other percentage mitigators are applied to a smaller, adjusted number.

These figures show that defense is the most efficient mitigator already, yet because of that it is the most difficult to obtain. Foresight is fairly weak, but it will only get better as we get more defense, while rampart and others, will get worse because of it. Defense increase from item level is not very high though so this might take a while.

Damage taken with 871 gear

Damage taken with foresight
54.5 (-8 damage taken)
mitigation efficiency = 1.04

Damage taken with rampart
50.5 (-12 damage taken)
mitigation efficiency = .6

Damage taken with shield oath and rampart
41 (-21 damage taken)
mitigation efficiency = .525

Damage taken with sentinel
38 (-24 damage taken)

Also, as you can see the symptom of lossy sequential mitigation, two 20% mitigators are less efficient than a 40% mitigator. Each step or stack or additional buff you add is more and more lossy in their mitigation efficiency, because they are applying to smaller and smaller numbers. It's more efficient to spread your buffs out to cover more time, than to stack them all, unless it's absolutely imperative to survival. Not dying > Caring about percents of percents of efficiency.

If rampart, an ability that takes off 20% damage taken, reduces damage by 12, then foresight, and ability that reduces damage by 8, is 2/3 as effective. This is why I say that Foresight is an equivalent of a 13% physical mitigation ability. This is just the current situation though.

Imagine a world where, with 100 true damage taken, I had 1200 defense. I would mitigate 52.68% damage from defense alone (100 true x .4732 = 47.32 damage) , and foresight would give me 240 defense (up to 1440), or an additional 10.5% mitigated from the true (100 x .3679 = 36.79). Rampart would only mitigate 47.32 down to 37.85.

Damage taken with 1200 gear

36.7 (-11 damage taken)

37.8 (-10 damage taken)
mitigation efficiency = .5

Foresight is then better than a 20% mitigation ability.

Zereth posted:

And I thought armor had diminishing returns?

Increasing, technically, it's just very very hard to obtain.

URL grey tea
Jun 1, 2004

IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!
I would love it if anytime a player sent an angry /tell to gil sellers it would just auto-post to some twitter account. I am sure their logs are full of colorful commentary.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Stufoo posted:

Data Set
Adjusted damage
example. "Adj damage 59-66 (62.5)"
is absolutely observed results from game.

Lv. 44 Nix
0 Defense
True damage 96-107 (101.5)

Lv. 44 Nix
871 Defense (-38.23%) <- [true x .6177] = adj
Adj damage 59-66 (62.5) [predicted adj = 62.69] 99.69% acc

Lv. 44 Nix
1046 Defense (-45.91%) <- [true x .5409] = adj
Adj damage 52-57 (54.5) [predicted adj = 54.90] 99.2% acc

Lv. 44 Nix
871 Defense & Rampart <- [true x .6177]x .8] = adj
Adj damage 48-53 (50.5) [predicted adj = 50.15] 99.3% acc

Lv. 44 Nix
871 Defense & Shield Oath & Rampart <- [true x .6177]x .8]x .8] = adj
Adj damage 39-43 (41) [predicted adj = 40.12] 97.8% acc

Lv. 44 Nix
1046 Defense & Shield Oath <- [true x .5409]x .8] = adj
Adj damage 42-46 (44) [predicted adj = 43.9] 99.7% acc

Lv. 44 Nix
871 Defense & Sentinel <- [true x .6177]x .6] = adj
Adj damage 36-40 (38) [predicted adj = 37.6] 98.9% acc

---

Mitigation efficiency is the [damage reduction effect / advertised mitigation %]. Foresight's increase of 175 defense (from 871 -> 1046) is an expected mitigation of 7.68%, yet since it applies to the root/true damage, it is mitigating 7% of a larger number, whereas rampart and other percentage mitigators are applied to a smaller, adjusted number.

These figures show that defense is the most efficient mitigator already, yet because of that it is the most difficult to obtain. Foresight is fairly weak, but it will only get better as we get more defense, while rampart and others, will get worse because of it. Defense increase from item level is not very high though so this might take a while.

Damage taken with 871 gear

54.5 (-8 damage taken)

50.5 (-12 damage taken)

Damage taken with shield oath and rampart
41 (-21 damage taken)
mitigation efficiency = .525

Damage taken with sentinel
38 (-24 damage taken)

Also, as you can see the symptom of lossy sequential mitigation, two 20% mitigators are less efficient than a 40% mitigator. Each step or stack or additional buff you add is more and more lossy in their mitigation efficiency, because they are applying to smaller and smaller numbers. It's more efficient to spread your buffs out to cover more time, than to stack them all, unless it's absolutely imperative to survival. Not dying > Caring about percents of percents of efficiency.

If rampart, an ability that takes off 20% damage taken, reduces damage by 12, then foresight, and ability that reduces damage by 8, is 2/3 as effective. This is why I say that Foresight is an equivalent of a 13% physical mitigation ability. This is just the current situation though.

Imagine a world where, with 100 true damage taken, I had 1200 defense. I would mitigate 52.68% damage from defense alone (100 true x .4732 = 47.32 damage) , and foresight would give me 240 defense (up to 1440), or an additional 10.5% mitigated from the true (100 x .3679 = 36.79). Rampart would only mitigate 47.32 down to 37.85.

Damage taken with 1200 gear

36.7 (-11 damage taken)

37.8 (-10 damage taken)
mitigation efficiency = .5

Foresight is then better than a 20% mitigation ability.

Increasing, technically, it's just very very hard to obtain.

I want to steal this post's lunch money.

WaffleStomp
May 7, 2007
PS4 players, if you switch from the dualshock4 and plug in a keyboard/mouse, does your hotbar get reset every time you switch back and forth, or does the game remember your presets?

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
so I'll try to be oblique.
Got my first win on Titan Ex through Duty Finder last night. Had 10% Echo buff.

We barely made it, everyone was dead except the last dragoon, and he managed to solo the last sliver by himself. Skin-of-the-teeth close.

It was my second night of attempts, and only my 3rd actual DF try. I got lucky.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Trivia posted:

Got my first win on Titan Ex through Duty Finder last night. Had 10% Echo buff.

We barely made it, everyone was dead except the last dragoon, and he managed to solo the last sliver by himself. Skin-of-the-teeth close.

It was my second night of attempts, and only my 3rd actual DF try. I got lucky.

That's how it went for me my first time, except I was the dragoon. Me, a tank, a healer, and one other DPS were alive when titan used gaols. I decided that Titan was low enough to jump burn him down, and got him just as the tank died.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

WaffleStomp posted:

PS4 players, if you switch from the dualshock4 and plug in a keyboard/mouse, does your hotbar get reset every time you switch back and forth, or does the game remember your presets?

I haven't tried this on the PS4, but on the PC, the controller hotbars and keyboard hotbars are both saved individually, so yes, you can switch back and forth as much as you want. I can't imagine the same wouldn't apply to the PS4.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm sure that whenever foresight starts to get really good they'll adjust it. Warrior is not going to have mitigation as good as a Paladin unless they seriously mix up the classes in the future.

URL grey tea
Jun 1, 2004

IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!
So I finished my first Atma book... do you turn it in anywhere to get the +2 Mind or do I have to finish all 7 books before I get any stat increases?

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
You got it the instant you completed the book.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

notZaar posted:

I'm sure that whenever foresight starts to get really good they'll adjust it. Warrior is not going to have mitigation as good as a Paladin unless they seriously mix up the classes in the future.

'Foresight > Rampart' --> one day.

This seems like a fairly good candidate for one of those things that SE didn't intend and might not realize is going to happen. So unless people are doing the math and spreading the information, they might never know that it eventually needs adjusting.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

"Coddled" doesn't even begin to describe it. This game. :allears:

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Bought the game on PS4 today. Going to mess around with a thaum and see if I like the class. How does joining a full server work? I want to join excalibur, but I also don't want to wait weeks.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

NNick posted:

Bought the game on PS4 today. Going to mess around with a thaum and see if I like the class. How does joining a full server work? I want to join excalibur, but I also don't want to wait weeks.

Keep trying!

Within the next couple of hours the population will die down and it should open up for a bit.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

There's maintenance tonight, actually, from midnight to 2 AM Pacific. Try getting on right after.

twinight
Aug 25, 2004

yoshi-p posted:

This is FFXIV: A Realm Reborn Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida.

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding the Mirror of the Whorl. Deciding on appropriate measures to address this issue and finalize the processes required to do so took longer than expected, so I would like to apologize for the late announcement.

In particular, I would like to address the issue faced by paladins and white mages, who require two Mirrors of the Whorl to upgrade both a weapon and shield, while other jobs require only one.

A new system allowing players to exchange one item for two rewards was scheduled to be implemented, but due to unforeseen circumstances, it was not ready in time for patch 2.2. As a result, paladins and white mages were left without means to exchange a mirror for both their weapons and shields as a set. I realize this has greatly inconvenienced you all, and I sincerely apologize for the current implementation.

Many players are also concerned with low drop rates, but I would like to assure you that the drop tables for weapons and shields are separate and balanced to prevent inequality between paladins, white mages, and other jobs. Unfortunately, this is not the case for Mirrors of the Whorl, as the new exchange system was not ready in time for patch 2.2.

When taking into account the various trials and duties introduced with each update, we generally offer alternatives to obtain weapons and shields of the same item level while making adjustments to overall character enhancement. This is especially true for paladins. However, only one one-handed weapon for white mages was added in Patch 2.2, leaving those who would prefer to use a one-handed weapon and shield at a disadvantage.

A similar situation arose with the black mage weapon obtainable in the Binding Coil of Bahamut - Turn 5, and we addressed this in Patch 2.1 by adding a shield that could be obtained as a reward for clearing the three extreme primal battles. However, this still resulted in a disadvantageous situation due to the item level of this shield.

The new exchange system allowing players to exchange one item for two rewards is scheduled for implementation before patch 2.3. Moving forward, we will make every effort to ensure equality in rewards received by all jobs.

Additionally, in response to feedback regarding the difficulty of obtaining a Mirror of the Whorl due to its low drop rate and the need to also win a lot, the following adjustments will be made with Patch 2.25, which is scheduled to be released at the end of April.
The Tidal Wave Shield will be added as a possible shield reward for The Whorleater (Extreme).
The Tidal Wave Buckler will be added as a possible shield reward for The Whorleater (Extreme).
Players that have used a Mirror of the Whorl to upgrade a Wave Shield or Wave Buckler before Patch 2.25 will receive an additional Mirror of the Whorl.
While the rate at which shields appear will be higher, let me reiterate that the drop tables for weapons and shields are separate, and these changes will have no effect on the drop rate for weapons.

Furthermore, for those who have already upgraded their Wave Shields and Wave Bucklers, the development and operations teams will analyze player data to determine who has already enhanced these shields, and we will be sending these players a Mirror of the Whorl via mog letter after the release of Patch 2.25.

This analysis will take place during the maintenance period for Patch 2.25, and we plan to send Mirrors of the Whorl to players a few days after the patch is released.

I apologize again for the inconvenience, and ask for your patience as we work to address this matter.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/160817-Leviathan-Ex-Weapons-screw-over-Paladins-White-Mages?p=2041453#post2041453

Jewel
May 2, 2009

Hey everyone! Last downtime, I made a server status notifier. It sits in your taskbar near your clock, running very minimally, and if you tell it to start checking server status, it will alert you as soon as your server of choice is back up (with settings for poll interval and server to check). It's an alternative to refreshing the server status website constantly, and should let you do something more productive without fear of missing the end of the downtime (it alerts with a small toast notification near the clock and a light "ding").

For those wanting to download, you can find a zip containing the exe here (300kb, no installers needed! It's just one exe and a .dll that helps parse the server status).

For those who are skeptical or need more information on how to use the program, feel free to check out the github, containing full source code that you can compile yourself if you want, along with instructions on how to use the program!

I actually started playing FFXIV a bit over a month ago and I'm having a blast. First MMO I've actually gotten past level 20, there's something super nice about the feel of it, really impressed by the quality of the dungeons/music/graphics in general. I hit 50 within my free trial (BLM) and I'm already i85 now, probably not gonna resub until 2.3 after this month though, don't think I've got a month of content left and I'm not quite ready to start a new class.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy! I made it half to make downtimes easier for myself, half as programming practice. Always good to make slight quality-of-life things every once in a while.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

I'm impressed by how responsive they seem to be, especially compared to another MMO that I play (EVE). Even more so that they actually saw this proactively but just didn't get it implemented in time. Wonder why trading 1 for 2 is so hard? :iiam:

Jewel posted:

Hey everyone! Last downtime, I made a server status notifier. It sits in your taskbar near your clock, running very minimally, and if you tell it to start checking server status, it will alert you as soon as your server of choice is back up (with settings for poll interval and server to check). It's an alternative to refreshing the server status website constantly, and should let you do something more productive without fear of missing the end of the downtime (it alerts with a small toast notification near the clock and a light "ding").

For those wanting to download, you can find a zip containing the exe here (300kb, no installers needed! It's just one exe and a .dll that helps parse the server status).

For those who are skeptical or need more information on how to use the program, feel free to check out the github, containing full source code that you can compile yourself if you want, along with instructions on how to use the program!

I actually started playing FFXIV a bit over a month ago and I'm having a blast. First MMO I've actually gotten past level 20, there's something super nice about the feel of it, really impressed by the quality of the dungeons/music/graphics in general. I hit 50 within my free trial (BLM) and I'm already i85 now, probably not gonna resub until 2.3 after this month though, don't think I've got a month of content left and I'm not quite ready to start a new class.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy! I made it half to make downtimes easier for myself, half as programming practice. Always good to make slight quality-of-life things every once in a while.

What program did you use to code this? I took a programming degree once upon a time and always wanted to get back into it for fun but don't know what's free / easy to use. I mostly used Visual Studio way back in the day.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.
A few people in my FC are really starting to burn out on atmas and myth grinding. They're a pretty casual bunch, so the amount of time they play hasn't changed, but since 2.2 really stepped up the grind, they're getting a lot less for the same amount of effort. A few people have ragequit the FC, others just quit the game, and one guy did both. Anyone else seeing the same thing happen in their social groups?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

seorin posted:

A few people in my FC are really starting to burn out on atmas and myth grinding. They're a pretty casual bunch, so the amount of time they play hasn't changed, but since 2.2 really stepped up the grind, they're getting a lot less for the same amount of effort. A few people have ragequit the FC, others just quit the game, and one guy did both. Anyone else seeing the same thing happen in their social groups?

No, because I and other goons have the self control to not do these boring, grindy things if they don't want to?

Jewel
May 2, 2009

Kalenn Istarion posted:

I'm impressed by how responsive they seem to be, especially compared to another MMO that I play (EVE). Even more so that they actually saw this proactively but just didn't get it implemented in time. Wonder why trading 1 for 2 is so hard? :iiam:

What program did you use to code this? I took a programming degree once upon a time and always wanted to get back into it for fun but don't know what's free / easy to use. I mostly used Visual Studio way back in the day.

This is just Visual Studio with C#, using Winforms. Super easy stuff, this was only the second thing I've made with Winforms. Easy to get polished results because the API is trivial, and visual studio has nice editors.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Most of my buddies are either in the camp of:

- gently caress atma/book grind, not bothering
- Poke gradually at atma/book grind a little bit per day

I can easily see getting burned out on 24/7 atma/book grinding. The solution to that is, of course, don't grind the drat things 24/7. If you're losing people too thick-skulled to grasp this concept and too thin-skinned to contain their rage, you're not missing out on much.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Jewel posted:

This is just Visual Studio with C#, using Winforms. Super easy stuff, this was only the second thing I've made with Winforms. Easy to get polished results because the API is trivial, and visual studio has nice editors.

Thanks, I think I still have a license for a student version of VS somewhere so maybe I'll open it up and fiddle around. I remember the form editor being pretty functional but this was >10 years ago so it can only have gotten better.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

seorin posted:

That's a silly reason to ragequit considering they're not racing against anything and there are two other paths to an i100 weapon.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

seorin posted:

That sounds abit depressing, like is the atma/animus the only thing they've got working towards? No farming coil/levi/mog? Or running around for some glamour dress up?

But anyways theres a fair number of fellas on PBC who just ain't even touching atmas till they ease the grind of it. While other are farming hard flox often for myth towards books.

I sorta went all over the place myself, getting my dragoon atma then getting my paladin to 50. I winded up farming the hell out of coil for a near full tank set without really using any myth for my paladin, while running leviathan extreme on the side too. I've only gotten two books done on my dragoon but my paladin now has like 95/200 dungeons tanked and I'm torn between finishing up that atma or keep on tanking for that lion mount :saddowns:.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Drakes posted:

But anyways theres a fair number of fellas on PBC who just ain't even touching atmas till they ease the grind of it.

I'm one of these guys, and even when I start I'll probably just stick to like an hour of atma-hunting per session because seriously why bother. If you're casual you don't need the thing and if you're in a static raid group you probably already have access to better.

Now, if the AF2 armour ends up being like, the Knight armour from FF1, I'll grind that poo poo out day one with a smile. :v:

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

Vil posted:

I can easily see getting burned out on 24/7 atma/book grinding. The solution to that is, of course, don't grind the drat things 24/7. If you're losing people too thick-skulled to grasp this concept and too thin-skinned to contain their rage, you're not missing out on much.

I've resolved to do my usual poo poo and when I see a fate in an area where I haven't gotten an atma yet, I switch and do it then go off and do something else. Leveling up my other classes is a little more tangible than working on a weapon that will be best in slot later.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Jewel posted:

BTW, this didn't seem to work right on my computer. I had it running from about 1220 PST and got no notice but opened my client at 1:39 and the server was up. I did have my check frequency set to 5 minutes though so maybe I just got impatient right when the server came back up.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Kalenn Istarion posted:

BTW, this didn't seem to work right on my computer. I had it running from about 1220 PST and got no notice but opened my client at 1:39 and the server was up. I did have my check frequency set to 5 minutes though so maybe I just got impatient right when the server came back up.

When you right click it, did you check "Running"?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

seorin posted:

Vil posted:

Seriously. If anything, the reasons for doing the Atma/Animus grind aren't very compelling, and at this point the grind involved needs a significant downward adjustment because equal-or-better weapons can be obtained much more easily, and with less effort, through other methods. If they're flogging themselves raw on relic grinding, they're Legitimately Playing The Game Wrong.

And yes, I'm also curious, are these people doing Second Coil at all? Leviathan Extreme? Are they aware that there are much easier paths to weapon upgrades?

Jewel
May 2, 2009

Kalenn Istarion posted:

To be fair this is the first time I've used it myself, since by the time I finished coding it a few weeks ago the downtime was over. I was away from my computer when the servers went back up so I missed it, but I also shared it somewhere else and had someone say it scared them when it went off, so I'm thinking it does actually work.

And yeah, as the person above said you have to actually check "Running", if you didn't!

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Jewel posted:

To be fair this is the first time I've used it myself, since by the time I finished coding it a few weeks ago the downtime was over. I was away from my computer when the servers went back up so I missed it, but I also shared it somewhere else and had someone say it scared them when it went off, so I'm thinking it does actually work.

And yeah, as the person above said you have to actually check "Running", if you didn't!

I did. When I unchecked and re-checked running after I had already logged in it immediately dinged and shut off so that part worked right. May have just been lucky timing on my part to log In when I did. I'll try bit again next time there's a downtime and let you know if it I get the same problem.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Servers are back up and guess what's waiting in your mailbox:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

SpaceDrake posted:

And yes, I'm also curious, are these people doing Second Coil at all? Leviathan Extreme? Are they aware that there are much easier paths to weapon upgrades?

You also need to consider that for some classes the relic weapons have a better secondary stats than the masterwork weapons and at some point (which will be before any higher ilvl items are introduced) you will be able to take them to i110. At that stage these weapons are going to be the better option for some classes prior to the T9 weapons.

• Locked thread