Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Psybro posted:

In best manager chat, I'd say it's been Martinez. Anyone who has a respectable opinion about football already knew Pulis was legit baller, whereas Wigan's manifest failings meant you could never be quite sure if Martinez was a chancer who talked a good game or if he could do it with a proper club.

Martinez is like guardiola at Bayern. Another manager put his heart and soul into building a great footballing side then some flavour of the month skinny tie wearing fraud shows up and takes all the credit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

Byolante posted:

Martinez is like guardiola at Bayern. Another manager put his heart and soul into building a great footballing side then some flavour of the month skinny tie wearing fraud shows up and takes all the credit.

Didn't Heynckes retire though? And he went out winning a treble, it's not like nobody gives him credit.

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

Also Moyes' soul didn't go into Everton, he sold it to Satan SAF.

Seems a while since anyone said Pooshited btw

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/10774170/Aston-Villa-set-for-200m-US-takeover-if-they-stay-up.html

The Villa takeover might be a real thing

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Allegri to be the next Tottenham manager.

@m_christenson: Corriere dello Sport seem pretty confident Massimiliano Allegri will be the next #thfc manager: http://t.co/VVTpQJS3BV Via @tancredipalmeri

Edit: Lamela "injured" for the rest of the season too.

euroboy fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Apr 18, 2014

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Phwoar, filthy rich billionaires planning to make huge investments in players, loving this.

It's clear Lerner has lost interest in the club. This is a good thing if true.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

euroboy posted:

@m_christenson: Corriere dello Sport seem pretty confident Massimiliano Allegri will be the next #thfc manager: http://t.co/VVTpQJS3BV Via @tancredipalmeri

We've had a new manager every day for a couple weeks now

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I think English football is ready for the triumphant return of Terry Venables

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
Tottenham should have brought in O'leary, last time he got to spend a hundred million he nearly won the champions league.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

euroboy posted:

Tancredi is less reliable than the mail

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

It's not Tancredi though he just posted a front page from a newspaper

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

euroboy posted:

It's not Tancredi though he just posted a front page from a newspaper

Byolante is less reliable than the mail.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

blue footed boobie posted:

Byolante is less reliable than the mail.

I was the first person to post the unverified rumour that Pardew had extensive gambling debts to Ashley. I am a poo poo rumour ITK.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Player of the Year Noms: Gerrard, Hazard, Lallana, Sturridge, Suarez, Toure
Young Player of the Year Noms: Barkley, Hazard, Ramsey, Shaw, Sterling, Sturridge

Suarez and Hazard then, easy.

Edit: Can't quite work out why Silva isn't in there, probably ahead of Lallana, he's been different class this season, but maybe thats only noticeable when you see him week in/week out, I dunno.

TheGoatFeeder fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Apr 18, 2014

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Young Player of the Year Noms: Barkley, Hazard, Ramsey, Shaw, Sterling, Sturridge

if Liverpool win the league I wouldn't be surprised if it was Sturridge or Sterling (especially if for example if either score at Anfield against Chelsea)

Outliers (and Englishmen) like Shaw also often win young player so we'll see

Also first time in a while a Spurs player won't win one (or both) :smith:

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Gerrard has a very good chance too, reckon he'll get it if they win the league.

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Hazard is in his sixth full professional season, Sturridge is 25 in September.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Edit: Can't quite work out why Silva isn't in there, probably ahead of Lallana, he's been different class this season, but maybe thats only noticeable when you see him week in/week out, I dunno.

As much as I loving hate Liverpool anything other than Suarez and Sturridge is laughable.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Modus Trollens posted:

Also first time in a while a Spurs player won't win one (or both) :smith:

I'm still amused by Walker beating Aguero to it in 11/12

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
You could actually make a case for all the young players except Ramsey, he was fantastic early on but he's missed too much football probably

IMO it should be Sturridge over Hazard as Sturridge is the second top scorer but they'll give it to Hazard

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

euroboy posted:

Gerrard has a very good chance too, reckon he'll get it if they win the league.

I think it's already been voted hasn't it? The "shortlist" is actually just the top six or whatever players in the voting

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

TheGoatFeeder posted:

how many caps does Aguero have for the brave english lions? check mate

Argentina doesn't even have a queen lmbo

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Although my heart wants to say Lallana and Shaw, it really has to be Suarez and then either Sturridge or Hazard. I'm leaning slightly towards Hazard myself but either would be a good choice.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

chuggo is BACK posted:

You could actually make a case for all the young players except Ramsey, he was fantastic early on but he's missed too much football probably

IMO it should be Sturridge over Hazard as Sturridge is the second top scorer but they'll give it to Hazard

Sturridge is a striker though. Hazard holds our whole team together. Unironically Hazard/Hazard

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

When's the last time there were no United players nominated? Gotta be a while.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

euroboy posted:

Man, I was hoping for Van Gaal. I don't want LVG going to Man-U.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

TheGoatFeeder posted:

I still have no idea how walker won it that year as he is terrible

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Frankston posted:

Phwoar, filthy rich billionaires planning to make huge investments in players, loving this.

It's clear Lerner has lost interest in the club. This is a good thing if true.

Its another set of Americans it won't be half as good as you're imagining. You want Arabs or Russians.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Sturridge is a striker though. Hazard holds our whole team together. Unironically Hazard/Hazard

Wow I don't believe it

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Lol you're a terrible poster.

Suarez/Hazard for me.

Also I know we say this every year but young player of the year should be under 21 or something.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Suarez and Hazard in this boobie's opinion. Chelsea would have been dogshit this year without Hazard.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
These awards are given to the best attackers and the best attackers are both at liverpool.

Knoddus
Oct 30, 2007
Born in a crossfire hurricane

Ewar Woowar posted:

Also I know we say this every year but young player of the year should be under 21 or something.

So Suárez and Sterling then?

8)

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

euroboy posted:

You guys better hope this isn't true.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

I think SAS are winning those two awards, Suarez n Shaw. Because the English love the English and racist foreigners. Who's Hazard ever offended? That one BRITISH BORNN AND BED ballboy from idk anymore, Southampton?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Ludicrous young player is 25. Should be 21 at most.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Ludicrous young player is 25. Should be 21 at most.

I don't know why it's not 23 like the Olympics etc.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

23 is still way too old to be considered a good young player in football

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

DickEmery posted:

I don't know why it's not 23 like the Olympics etc.

I assumed it was 21 myself. 25 is loving stupid. That's within 2 years of the typical player's prime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
I will concede that Suarez/Hazard is more likely but Hazard should definitely be above Sturridge

• Locked thread