Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It's been a while since I had to stretch for a title for these Taking Place Indoors Comix.

Pooch Café

This is why it's important to have friends who are close enough to make fun of you. Telling your buddy his haircut looks like a drunk squirrel passed out on his head is a hell of a lot better than nobody saying anything.

Ballard Street

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muHZM5G_-YU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
THERE IS NO TIME:

Cul-de-sac, The Creeps and Candorville (WHICH IS poo poo AND I HATE YOU) in that order!

MUST DASH ENJOY COMIX.

EDIT: THAT LAZY poo poo CUT AND PASTES SO MUCH YOU CAN SEE LAMONT'S REFLECTION STILL IN HIS GODDAMN GLASSES. gently caress.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Has anyone ever had a kinder word to say about Candorville than "Clyde is the least poo poo part of it"?
Momma

Mel's been watching reruns of Seinfeld.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
Cheap Thrills Cuisine, April 16, 2014

Comic Cuisine Category: squat reddish-tan rectangle.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
His jokes may not be hot, but Piraro's certainly got some art chops.

Bloom County
July 3rd is missing from the archives, and I don't have my book with me at the moment to supply a scan.

Suspense!

Calvin And Hobbes

Howie Schneider's The Sunshine Club is allegedly a strip that gives "an illustrated look at issues related to growing older," but not today!

Robert Holt's Sweet And Sour Pork

And Nicole Hollander's Sylvia: Better than Cathy.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

This is probably the reason why he wasn't happy about having to see Mandrake.

The Phantom

Pickles

Classic Prince Valiant will return after Easter Weekend when I have time to upload the massive amount of images that make up the next part.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Ok, new theory. Jane's World is currently going through the memories of Jane as she lays bleeding and dying on the ground after being assaulted by a radical anti-homosexual group.

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

At some point, is she going to realize that she lost three weeks? Like, she came to town in mid-March and now it's early April and she has no idea where the time went?

Or are we just going to get smug Phantom as she wanders off to never be seen again?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Wanamingo posted:

Arlo and Janis

This is about sex, right? :ohdear:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Four Eyes
isn't up yet

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Uh...

Oh, Brother

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Kevin & Kell

Yep, super effective assassins in the K&K universe.

Welp, no Nemi... Good Friday. If the UK's off, why am I working? I should be out jesusing or whatever. Stupid merkin work ethic. THANKS OBAMA! :v:

Since it is Good Friday and also Easter going on in this dumb strip, I will just assume the ones pushing all these boulders are some kind of Roman Centurion dressed animals because Jesus.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Mr. Squishy posted:

Has anyone ever had a kinder word to say about Candorville than "Clyde is the least poo poo part of it"?

Never. Remember the Trayvon Martin strips? Christ those were bad.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Wanamingo posted:

Leaches?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I think they meant leashes. Or rather, they meant collars and are retarded.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I sometimes wonder if the syndicate is taking old Inspector Danger comics and writing new solutions for them. There have been three or four now where the setup pointed to one fairly standard kids' puzzle solution and the actual solution was something tangentially related but ultimately entirely different (as well as pants-on-head idiotic). Like if you took the Slylock Fox puzzle where Wanda Witch sells a potion made of fish scales, bird beaks and snail wings, and the solution turned out to be that snails are a protected species and a wiccan would never kill them for profit.

TampaTango
Apr 12, 2007

COMICS CRIMINAL

Wanamingo posted:

A second collar? Preposterous! :wotwot:

VictorGrunn
Feb 15, 2004
Ye Guilty
Inspector Danger kind of strikes me as Slylock Fox as written by someone who doesn't give a poo poo at all. Even more unimaginative characters than Slylock, and 'puzzles' with solutions that seem kind of arbitrary. They don't even promote keen attention to detail so much as bullshitting most of the time.

He could have just as easily said dog 3 was the culprit because it looks kind of pissed off, just like the original dog. Or it's really dog 1 because dog 1 still has a collar on despite being within range of his house and collars aren't legally required there. Sure it doesn't make any sense, but who cares?

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Creeps is the best comic. :allears:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Andorra posted:

:aaa:

Creeps is too good. Put this writer on Nancy.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

What am I missing?

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah

Endless Mike posted:

What am I missing?

A strip mentioning noone liking the writing if there are no pictures, followed by a strip with no pictures. Then a strip almost identical to the first, except the mention is that noone would like the pictures if there were no writing, followed by strips with no writing.

I prefer the perpendicular universe one myself.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I do not have the best attention to detail, it seems!

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah
Well you were probably distracted by the panda dance, everyone loves the panda dance

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

I do not have the best attention to detail, it seems!

I didn't put it all together either. I do like the strip tho.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!

Wanamingo posted:

Uh...

See! Nobody can ever get these things right.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Goober Peas posted:

The open mailbox represents a vagina.

Wanamingo posted:

Lost Side of Suburbia

It's been a while since I read To Kill a Mockingbird, but I'm pretty sure Boo Radley never ate any children.

quote:

Oh, Brother

The look on that kid's face. :)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Andorra posted:

Endless Mike posted:

The Sphinxster posted:

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

Goober Peas posted:

She was so distracted texting while taking a walk that she walked past the house. So no, not unless she was sexting or something.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

So, they're totally going to miss the prom, aren't they?

Apartment 3-G

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

So the colorist made 3J's lips flesh-colored for some reason. That weirding anybody else out, or is it just me?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I was going to make a comment about him being super-tough and not needing to worry about a little thing like crashing into a wall, but then I remembered newspaper Spidey-man's crippling weakness to masonry.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Winnie the Pooh

I'm just impressed they can count that high.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

9 Chickweed Lane 4/18/2003

Brooke rolls out his creepy fascination with Rachmaninoff...
Also goatse.

9 Junji Lane.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Julet Esqu posted:

The open mailbox represents a vagina.

:stare: Wait, what?

Next you'll be telling me that lone bush represents a testicle. :v:

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

So, they're totally going to miss the prom, aren't they?

Not only that, they're all in the same limo, and will be too embarrassed to conduct sexy-time in front of each other.

Julet Esqu posted:

Apartment 3-G

That last line... perfect. Hey, you're totally cool with keeping deer that have faces like old ladies in your apartment? You'll be perfect here at "Jack's Nutty Veterinary"!

:v:

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Man I really hope Luann is going to take the totally tonally inconsistent turn I feel like it's building up to. Like the traffic is caused by Bernice and Delta getting in a car accident, or what Gunther thinks is water is actually vodka and he gets Rosa teen pregnant or hits Quill in the face with a bottle or something.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

FunkyAl posted:

Man I really hope Luann is going to take the totally tonally inconsistent turn I feel like it's building up to. Like the traffic is caused by Bernice and Delta getting in a car accident, or what Gunther thinks is water is actually vodka and he gets Rosa teen pregnant or hits Quill in the face with a bottle or something.

The problem here is that even if something like Quill getting bottled were to happen, it would be done in the most boring way imaginable.

I loving hate Luann.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Edited for realism.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

So the colorist made 3J's lips flesh-colored for some reason. That weirding anybody else out, or is it just me?

This is a good plan. With his last breath, 3J can know that Spider-Man looks like an rear end in a top hat who gave up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Gil

It would probably involve things breaking, flashing lights and men in uniforms.

Retail

You could probably pull off some parkour tricks there but meanwhile I really hope the store isn't imploding from poor floor coverage while two employees are screwing around on the rooftop.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Dustin

I can't really think of any good way to break it off now that I think about it.

On the Fastrack

How do all the waitstaff not quiver in fear as they take her order?

Safe Havens

Aw, look, someone beat you to experimenting with mad science, Sam.

• Locked thread