Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Orgia Carnaval posted:

If it wasn't the scrolling whenever they were all gathered by Kakyoin, it was Avdol's lovely walking animation that got me.

He's not walking like an Egyptian at all! I want a refund

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
What's the ETA on that sketch scene replaced with dickbutt

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

HellCopter posted:

Already happened, in this thread.

e: or maybe it was the manga thread.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Apr 18, 2014

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Already happened, in this thread.

e: or maybe it was the manga thread.

New sketch, new dickbutt :colbert:

Beanzor
Feb 4, 2005

We dropped turkeys out of planes just to fill up the sky.

And we know damn well that they can't fly.
Honestly, I was hoping for something by Oingo Boingo but this is more or less perfect. Well played David, well played.

rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

HellCopter posted:

Exquisite Dead Guy
Oct 27, 2007
It already happened 8 years ago. Dickbutt memes don't follow standard rules of space/time.

Also the new ED is inspired. That can't be overstated.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

New ED is absolutely perfect. Good lord that brought such a goofy smile to my face.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Well that ending was amazing.

eeeo eeeo

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Holy  shit  that  ED :allears:

SamuraiSnake
Jul 1, 2010
I am really enjoying the TV version of JoJo part 3 much more than the OVA. I think I love Joseph Joestar as a grumpy old man more than how goofy he is in part 2.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

This show is amazing. I almost want to read the Manga, but I don't want to spoil myself :ohdear:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

SamuraiSnake posted:

I am really enjoying the TV version of JoJo part 3 much more than the OVA. I think I love Joseph Joestar as a grumpy old man more than how goofy he is in part 2.

The OVA is a generic fightmans anime with absolutely none of the style, charm, or love for the source material that this TV adaptation exudes.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
So in this episode we learn that, canonically, DIO is just so attractive that he can hypnotize people.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Charisma somehow translates to mind-controlling flesh spiders projectiles. Don't gently caress with vampires.

Apollove
May 31, 2013
[quote="Begemot" post=""428477463"]
I like the foreshadowing, it even alludes to some stuff that's not even in part 3!
[/quote]

If I'm not mistaken, it alludes to the Arrow right?

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

HellCopter posted:

So in this episode we learn that, canonically, DIO is just so attractive that he can hypnotize people.

We also learned without a doubt that Joseph can still use the ripple, and so stands and the ripple are likely different power sets. He's kind of an rear end in a top hat for not going around giving people the pinky ripple punch to give them ripple powers (since it makes them stronger, live longer etc), but I suppose it's possible (likely even) that he never learned how to do it given that he was born a ripple user. Seems like it would be a good last ditch option to try and save Holly (i.e. pinky ripple punch her, giver her ripple powers, and hope the power she gets from becoming a ripple user gives her the ability to resist the stand).

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I'm pretty sure that only works on people who already had a natural aptitude for it.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Zeppeli says as much, that the pinky jab was to force Jonathan to use the ripple and heal himself.

Shakugan posted:

We also learned without a doubt that Joseph can still use the ripple, and so stands and the ripple are likely different power sets.

Sadly I don't know moonspeak and cant confirm it but I read something about the characters used to spell "Stand" literally mean "the ghost ripple" or something, they're different expressions of the same thing, hence Jotaro getting choked in the first episode shutting star platinum down.

Apollove
May 31, 2013

Artum posted:

Sadly I don't know moonspeak and cant confirm it but I read something about the characters used to spell "Stand" literally mean "the ghost ripple" or something, they're different expressions of the same thing, hence Jotaro getting choked in the first episode shutting star platinum down.

Ok so originally, Stands were supposed to be a manifestation of the Ripple itself, but then down the line Araki apparently decided "wait poo poo that's dumb" and just made stands their own thing.

Also, yes or no. The ed for part 7 will be Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, during a lot of this early part of chapter 3 there's weird stuff that's kind of out of place because Araki wasn't entirely sure where he was going with it. It mostly gets retconned later.

It honestly shows just how devoted they are to the source material that they're keeping that stuff in and not smoothing it over.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
Wasn't sure of the ending 'till I noticed its title in the credits. loving nerds those David Production guys :allears:

Joseph's still amazing. I love this cranky old man.

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp

Kanos posted:

The OVA is a generic fightmans anime with absolutely none of the style, charm, or love for the source material that this TV adaptation exudes.

I think the OVAs are generally really funny because of how stiff and serious they seem and makes them fairly enjoyable.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So I know nothing about later parts, but has Akraki ever said why Joeseph and Jotaro are built like tanks?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Fat_Cow posted:

So I know nothing about later parts, but has Akraki ever said why Joeseph and Jotaro are built like tanks?

Simply based on the anime, almost every major male character is built like a tank. Speedwagon didn't even fight and he was pretty huge. Hell, look at Kakyoin and Avdol.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Kanos posted:

Simply based on the anime, almost every major male character is built like a tank. Speedwagon didn't even fight and he was pretty huge. Hell, look at Kakyoin and Avdol.

Somebody doesn't remember razor hat :colbert:

Everybody in parts 1, 2, 3, and some of 4 are built like huge muscle men because that was the style in the 80s. Since then Araki has developed more of his own style, but at the start it's all muscles everywhere.

Edit: This is Jonathan drawn in Araki's modern style.

Kabanaw fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Apr 18, 2014

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Well my jaw hit the goddamn floor when the ED played. Looks loving great too and it makes me so hype to see what they might do in future seasons.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Artum posted:

Zeppeli says as much, that the pinky jab was to force Jonathan to use the ripple and heal himself.
Doesn't he do it to Speedwagon and Speedwagon is just like "guhhhhh" and doubles over discreetly?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Kabanaw posted:

Everybody in parts 1, 2, 3, and some of 4 are built like huge muscle men because that was the style in the 80s. Since then Araki has developed more of his own style, but at the start it's all muscles everywhere.

Phantom Blood might be worth watching with this jojo

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Fat_Cow posted:

Araki was coming off the Fist of the North Star style he was still sort of using for Phantom Blood where both Jonathan and Dio were built like loving tanks at Age 12. If you look at newer art of Jonathan, Joseph, and Jotaro done by Araki they're a lot thinner and with a lot less muscle mass to them.

EDIT: Like here's a newer picture of Jonathan

Here's a new one of Jotaro

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Apr 18, 2014

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Nessus posted:

Doesn't he do it to Speedwagon and Speedwagon is just like "guhhhhh" and doubles over discreetly?

Then he pretty much says "Oops, my finger slipped." I'm almost certain he just wanted an excuse to punch Speedwagon in the gut.

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp

Kabanaw posted:

Here is young Joseph

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I dunno, the gentlemanly Johnathan Joestar might work as a bit slender, but Joseph is a tank. A big goofy bruiser.

I wonder what Awaken, my masters! would look like in this new style.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

HellCopter posted:

I dunno, the gentlemanly Johnathan Joestar might work as a bit slender, but Joseph is a tank. A big goofy bruiser.

That way lies madness.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I was hoping for more prog rock in the ED, but I'll be damned if what they went with isn't perfect.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Next episode is Tower of Grey. It looks like they are going to do everything in this series.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

HellCopter posted:

I can imagine thinner Jonathan/Joseph, but I can't imagine the Pillar Men not being perfectly sculpted bodybuilder supermen. It's an aesthetic that works so well for them.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's really kind of astonishing that they went with a song no one saw coming but is absolutely perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Man like, was LUCKY LAND always so frequent through the manga too? I don't remember that, it's supposed to be like an Easter Egg thing, isn't it?

It's on Every single Tarot Card, and appears in HUGE LETTERS in the ED and OP.

• Locked thread