Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Ok I ended up adding a bunch of stuff to Agrarian Skys because it looked neat and I wanted to try it out too. I haven't played any of these 1.6.4 mods so it's all new and interesting to me. I have put up a pack on the platform if anyone else wants to try it out and/or avoid the FtB launcher. Once I finish my first play through I'll likely add some more quests with the extra mods:

Agrarian Skys+
http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/plus-red.7770

Map:
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/worlds/agrarian-skies-home-sweet-home-b/

Adds:
-Advanced Thaumaturgy
-Ars Magica 2
-Custom Stuff 2
-Custom NPCs
-Dimensional Doors
-Equivalent Exchange 3
-Minechem
-Xenos Reliquary
-Rings of Power
-Somnia
-Thaumcraft Extras
-Thaumcraft History
-Thaumic Tinkerer

:ohdear:please please don't probate me I promise I'm just trying to be helpful, this will be my only post about it honest!:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opioid
Jul 3, 2008

<3 Blood Type ARRRRR

Smarmy Coworker posted:

Yeah, I had that, but I really want to store liquids in my ME system outside of buckets because I need a poo poo ton of iron for Electro-Magic Tools solar panels and I don't have enough enchanted books for an Ender Quarry yet.

There are fluid import and export buses for ME. I forget what addon provides them though, it's in NST Diet

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW

Opioid posted:

There are fluid import and export buses for ME. I forget what addon provides them though, it's in NST Diet

I'm using those, but my problem is still I don't know how to set it up so I can make sure fluids only go into machines when I want them :( *super sad*
well now I'm trying to set up a Soul Shard enderman farm so :shrug:

edit: why do ic2 cables not work with microblocks. this is literally, even worse of a mod than it was when i didn't know this. what the hell. do facades from BC work?

Smarmy Coworker fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Apr 18, 2014

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Smarmy Coworker posted:

I'm using those, but my problem is still I don't know how to set it up so I can make sure fluids only go into machines when I want them :( *super sad*
well now I'm trying to set up a Soul Shard enderman farm so :shrug:

edit: why do ic2 cables not work with microblocks. this is literally, even worse of a mod than it was when i didn't know this. what the hell. do facades from BC work?

If you're talking magma crucible recipes, the best solution I've found is to stick an AE ME Interface onto an MFR Item Router. The interface has the various recipes to make tesseracts, redstone conduit, etc, in it, and passes the received mats to the router, which sends meltables to the magma crucible and the other bits to the liquid transposer. There's a bit of lag here as you've necessarily gotta wait for the crucible to melt the fluids that will be piped into the liquid transposer. If you're not set on doing it with one set of machines, I'd make a magma crucible for each exotic fluid type.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
What are the balancing criteria for actively cooling a big reactor? I haven't tried it yet, but all I have gathered so far is that smaller turbines spin faster, which is apparently better.

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW

chairface posted:

If you're talking magma crucible recipes, the best solution I've found is to stick an AE ME Interface onto an MFR Item Router. The interface has the various recipes to make tesseracts, redstone conduit, etc, in it, and passes the received mats to the router, which sends meltables to the magma crucible and the other bits to the liquid transposer. There's a bit of lag here as you've necessarily gotta wait for the crucible to melt the fluids that will be piped into the liquid transposer. If you're not set on doing it with one set of machines, I'd make a magma crucible for each exotic fluid type.

Okay, I I think I can do it this way, I'll do some experimenting in a little bit.

What good mods are there for EU -> RF/MJ conversion? Or a mod I can drop on top of EU to make it compatible with Forge microblocks. I really need something so I can hide all my wires in my walls, which are 1 block thick in some places :(

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Smarmy Coworker posted:

Well I have the Enderium stuff set up pretty well and good. Knowing about Level Emitters helps me though -- if I hooked that to Minefactory Reloaded's Fluid Crafter can I set it to pulse if it sees *3 tin 1 copper* or whatever the recipe is, and only then?

I'm more concerned about how I can set up an autocrafting recipe to melt poo poo down in a magma crucible, however, as I have some needs to autocraft redstone conduits. Basically I know how I can set it up to craft ONE recipe automatically, but I can't figure out how to do multiples without multiple of each required machine.

No, level emitters just emit a constant signal if the number of items in your AE system is above, or below, a certain amount. So that one is glowing constantly if you have more than 200 eyes, and off if you have 199 or fewer.

Again: No idea what you actually want to do. What block or item are you trying to mass produce?

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Mystic Mongol posted:

Here's the setup.

Why are you sending the buckets out through an itemduct, then a chest, and then importing them? Just have the output side of a TE machine face an ME interface and it'll go right back into your system.

edit:

Rutibex posted:

Ok I ended up adding a bunch of stuff to Agrarian Skys because it looked neat and I wanted to try it out too. I haven't played any of these 1.6.4 mods so it's all new and interesting to me. I have put up a pack on the platform if anyone else wants to try it out and/or avoid the FtB launcher.

Sweet, I'll try it out. I wanted to see what everyone was going on about but I really don't want to have to install the FTB launcher for one loving modpack (you technic folks have loving spoiled me).

Ash Rose fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Apr 18, 2014

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

axelsoar posted:

Why are you sending the buckets out through an itemduct, then a chest, and then importing them? Just have the output side of a TE machine face an ME interface and it'll go right back into your system.

Makin' it dumb and obvious for a new guy, instead of the most reductionist design possible. But yeah, you could slap an import bus where that itemduct is and cut out a duct and a chest.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Mystic Mongol posted:

Makin' it dumb and obvious for a new guy, instead of the most reductionist design possible. But yeah, you could slap an import bus where that itemduct is and cut out a duct and a chest.

Or again, just an interface, you only need an import bus for tings that don't auto-eject. My mind was completely loving blown when I figured that out, I saved myself a ton of materials, especially since the import bus faces a single direction and interfaces can accept from any side, so not only do I need less resources to make an interface but I need less interfaces than I did buses.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Serifina posted:

Why bother sleeping? There's enough stuff to do in that map. If you have to wait for something to happen, go work on another thing at the same time. Seriously, I've slept exactly twice since I started - once when I first made a bed, and once when I moved the bed.
The only reason I sleep is because one of the overhauls makes it so crops grow mostly (or perhaps only) during the day, or something like that, so I try to keep the sun up most of the time.

I really recommend against adding too many new mods to Agrarian Skies, but EE3 is absolutely one of the worst you could do. In a skyblock map all about progression rather than scarcity of resources, this could mess up the direction really quickly.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Rutibex posted:

Ok I ended up adding a bunch of stuff to Agrarian Skys because it looked neat and I wanted to try it out too. I haven't played any of these 1.6.4 mods so it's all new and interesting to me. I have put up a pack on the platform if anyone else wants to try it out and/or avoid the FtB launcher. Once I finish my first play through I'll likely add some more quests with the extra mods:

Agrarian Skys+

Map:

Adds:
-Advanced Thaumaturgy
-Ars Magica 2
-Custom Stuff 2
-Custom NPCs
-Dimensional Doors
-Equivalent Exchange 3
-Minechem
-Xenos Reliquary
-Rings of Power
-Somnia
-Thaumcraft Extras
-Thaumcraft History
-Thaumic Tinkerer

:ohdear:please please don't probate me I promise I'm just trying to be helpful, this will be my only post about it honest!:ohdear:

I realise I'm probably missing something here, because whenever I generate a world my dude just falls through an endless void before dying. However, I prefer to think that Agrarian Skies is actually a massive joke being played on people.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

scalded schlong posted:

I realise I'm probably missing something here, because whenever I generate a world my dude just falls through an endless void before dying. However, I prefer to think that Agrarian Skies is actually a massive joke being played on people.

Grab the map from the other link in his post.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Rutibex posted:

Ok I ended up adding a bunch of stuff to Agrarian Skys because ....

While i think ill try a vanilla experience with AS (never done a skybox before, the shame!) I will try you little improvements if my attention wanes. I assume porting over a save will mostly work okay?

Also amused at you coming full circle. Think we can get slowpoke to be all pissy again? :allears:

Pre-emptively telling squirrelo to piss off and no im not doing another modpack :arghfist::saddowns: Who am i kidding, i'd prolly do it again for the fun of it. :shobon:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Would adding just ars magica to base agrarian skies blow the progression out like EE3 does?

Also I've forgotten how to do a basic cobble generator, I keep getting obsidian instead :saddowns:

Mutamu
Aug 10, 2011

He's Doctor, (pause), Doctor Shark!

Ciaphas posted:

Also I've forgotten how to do a basic cobble generator, I keep getting obsidian instead :saddowns:

Flowing water meets flowing lava gives cobble, you've got water meeting lava source.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Vib Rib posted:

I really recommend against adding too many new mods to Agrarian Skies, but EE3 is absolutely one of the worst you could do. In a skyblock map all about progression rather than scarcity of resources, this could mess up the direction really quickly.

What can I say I'm a big cheater :v: I don't plan on using it very much; I just like my security blanket.

Thyrork posted:

While i think ill try a vanilla experience with AS (never done a skybox before, the shame!) I will try you little improvements if my attention wanes. I assume porting over a save will mostly work okay?

Any old maps should port over fine; I didn't change any blockIDs from the original configs. 1.6.4 is really nice about blockID conflicts something spat out a nice inventory of them when it crashed.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Apr 18, 2014

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I was talked into restarting the old 1.2.5 FTB Insanity SMP with some friends of mine and I have to say that it is much more interesting to play up until you hit the second challenge. Making do without redstone was really interesting, finding iron was less of a bitch than I remember and still pleasently terrifying, but now that the map has opened up to "craft these things" I just don't want to gently caress with it.

Since I'm sure I'll be playing for at least another week, anyone have an idea for EMC generation that's not macerating blaze rods or a darkroom? I'll be perfectly happy if I can just gently caress around figuring out how to make systems work like I did the first time I set up a darkroom.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Mutamu posted:

Flowing water meets flowing lava gives cobble, you've got water meeting lava source.

I figured that much out, problem is the water flow keeps moving closer to the lava source as I destroy cobble and I'm not sure how to stop that.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

bbcisdabomb posted:

Since I'm sure I'll be playing for at least another week, anyone have an idea for EMC generation that's not macerating blaze rods or a darkroom? I'll be perfectly happy if I can just gently caress around figuring out how to make systems work like I did the first time I set up a darkroom.

Cow milker.

Ciaphas posted:

I figured that much out, problem is the water flow keeps moving closer to the lava source as I destroy cobble and I'm not sure how to stop that.

Put the lava up one block from the water.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Ciaphas posted:

dig out the block under the last space you want water to flow to.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

bbcisdabomb posted:

Cow based generators are always amusing. Set up a system that converts Milk Buckets back into Empty Buckets and contentiously milks a cow. Works even better if you can get a hold of a Mooshroom. Shouldn't be hard to do with Redpower.

Edit: Beaten! :argh:

Erogenous Beef
Dec 20, 2006

i know the filthy secrets of your heart

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

What are the balancing criteria for actively cooling a big reactor? I haven't tried it yet, but all I have gathered so far is that smaller turbines spin faster, which is apparently better.

So basically, this is how it works.

Each block occupied by a blade allows a turbine to efficiently harvest energy from 25mB/t of input fluid (steam). If you have too few blades, then there's a penalty applied and some of the remainder energy is lost. (So if you have 2 blades = 50mB capacity and 100mB input, the first 50mB will be harvested at 100% efficiency and then a percentage of the remaining 50mB will be harvested.)

The energy harvested is added to the energy present in the rotor, making it spin. Each block of blade or shaft added to the rotor increases its weight, which therefore increases how much energy is needed to spin it up by 1 RPM.

Energy is rectified off the rotor by coils, which are metal blocks placed around the rotor shaft (iron, gold, enderium, etc.) These rectify different amounts of energy per-tick, with more-expensive materials harvesting more energy off the rotor per tick. Some rare materials (e.g. enderium) will amplify the harvested energy by a small amount.

Energy production is based off the energy removed by the coils, multiplied by a penalty based on the speed at which the rotor is spinning. Multiples of 900RPM are the most efficient.

What you have to do is add enough blades to handle the amount of input fluid you want to process, then add enough coil blocks such that the rotor spins up to a multiple of 900RPM.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Rutibex posted:

Agrarian Skys+

Map:

Adds:
-Advanced Thaumaturgy
-Ars Magica 2
-Custom Stuff 2
-Custom NPCs
-Dimensional Doors
-Equivalent Exchange 3
-Minechem
-Xenos Reliquary
-Rings of Power
-Somnia
-Thaumcraft Extras
-Thaumcraft History
-Thaumic Tinkerer

How am I supposed to get a wooden hammer legitimately? Tinkers doesn't let me craft wooden hammers, or am I supposed to be using wood logs?

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!

SugarAddict posted:

How am I supposed to get a wooden hammer legitimately? Tinkers doesn't let me craft wooden hammers, or am I supposed to be using wood logs?

Config is likely set to force the advanced tools to be made from metal.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

... so after about 5 hours of play Agrarian Skies crashed and deleted my save. Don't suppose there's anyway of getting it back? I can post the crash log if it would help.

brainspawn
Jul 27, 2008
After doing some testing with BR turbines, I've come to the conclusion that what we really need are some high-throughput fluid pipes. 120 mB/tick just isn't cutting it.

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW

Mystic Mongol posted:

No, level emitters just emit a constant signal if the number of items in your AE system is above, or below, a certain amount. So that one is glowing constantly if you have more than 200 eyes, and off if you have 199 or fewer.

Again: No idea what you actually want to do. What block or item are you trying to mass produce?

I want to be able to use the AE system to craft anything, using a magma crucible or fluid transposer, when I request it or a recipe calls for it. The magma crucible is easy but the fluid transposer is the hard part.

Smarmy Coworker fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Apr 18, 2014

ducttape
Mar 1, 2008

SugarAddict posted:

If it is the hammer in the second trial, it isn't tc. There is a recipe in nei.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

SugarAddict posted:

You need an ExNihilo Wooden hammer not a Tinkers Construct one. The basic Tinkers tools are disabled to add to the difficulty:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1981778-164forge-ex-nihilo-the-skyblock-companion-mod/

jadedcat
Jul 20, 2013

scalded schlong posted:

ROFL, no. There's save files that have the map. They are also available for download on Curse if for some reason that guy forgot to include them. Otherwise you have to build your own platform since the world will be a void.

Thyrork posted:

Also amused at you coming full circle. Think we can get slowpoke to be all pissy again? :allears:

Pre-emptively telling squirrelo to piss off and no im not doing another modpack :arghfist::saddowns: Who am i kidding, i'd prolly do it again for the fun of it. :shobon:

Slow didn't make Ag Skies, and its not a FTB pack. Its my pack, and I have better things to get upset about then someone uploading it to a different launcher. Though I won't do tech support for it since I didn't upload it.

jadedcat fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Apr 18, 2014

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

jadedcat posted:

ROFL, no. There's save files that have the map. They are also available for download on Curse if for some reason that guy forgot to include them. Otherwise you have to build your own platform since the world will be a void.

Slow didn't make Ag Skies, and its not a FTB pack. Its my pack, and I have better things to get upset about then someone uploading it to a different launcher. Though I won't do tech support for it since I didn't upload it.

Your map and by extension you are awesome! :hfive:

Squirrelo
Mar 3, 2008

Thyrork posted:

IT BEGINS. Seriously though no time this go around.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

jadedcat posted:

Well, hello, Jaded. Didn't realize you had an account here! Gotta say, AS has been a great deal of fun so far for me. (Also, thank you for adding Big Reactors. Any chance for Thaumic Tinkerer?)

jadedcat
Jul 20, 2013

Serifina posted:

Well, hello, Jaded. Didn't realize you had an account here! Gotta say, AS has been a great deal of fun so far for me. (Also, thank you for adding Big Reactors. Any chance for Thaumic Tinkerer?)

I have been here for a while. I lurk. Never really say much since a lot of people seem to dislike me and my association with FTB. *shrug* I don't do politics much.

I love BR, and no not TT I have other evil plans for TC4.1 addons <.< going a different route with Ag Skies.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

jadedcat posted:

I have been here for a while. I lurk. Never really say much since a lot of people seem to dislike me and my association with FTB. *shrug* I don't do politics much.

Goons aren't a hateful bunch, we just like to poke fun at people who get bent out of shape over serious internet business.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

jadedcat posted:

I love BR, and no not TT I have other evil plans for TC4.1 addons &lt;.&lt; going a different route with Ag Skies.

S'okay. Personally, I use both launchers, so. Anyway. Evil plans, huh? Well, I like nearly every one of the addons, so I'll look forward to it. (Forbidden Magic and Technomancy, maybe? :D)

By the way, I hate the Nether again thanks to you.

Gimpanse
Jul 15, 2013

jadedcat posted:

I love BR, and no not TT I have other evil plans for TC4.1 addons <.< going a different route with Ag Skies.

Would you be opposed to adding more decorative options? I.e. chisel, carpenters blocks, or similar mods?

I only wish i could make my sky fortress (it's not just a block anymore!) look more intimidating ;-)

ps: Loving AG so far. Great work!
pps: Are transfer nodes disabled beacuse they are too cheap? I really like them for doing compact automation.. :(

Gimpanse fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Apr 18, 2014

Gimpanse
Jul 15, 2013

ducttape posted:

simplest way is probably enable cheat mode, give yourself an inventory full of hearts, and eat them. Repeat if your life total gets down to 3 digits.

The easiest way is to use one of the HQM commands (http://hqm.wikispaces.com/Commands):

/hqm lives add 1000

I used "/hqm edit" to fix a broken quest (after upgrading from v1 to v2) before.

Very nice mod!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

jadedcat posted:

As long as you're here I wanted to say AS is fantastic. It serves as a really fantastic tutorial for a lot of different mods I hadn't tried before, and it's really a smooth progression in most places (though a little more info on mariculture, tree breeding, and maybe acquiring some rare items like lily pads would have helped). The way it incorporates stuff like HQM is great, and the whole thing is very neat and tidy.
I have to say though, the most impressive part to me, as someone who's made a Skyblock map, is how you've tweaked every little feature and setting on the mods to add bridges and cross-compatibility. The amount of fine-tuning and inter-connected dependencies, the closed loopholes, the synergy between mods (even some that weren't ever meant to rely on each other) is really mindblowing, and I feel like it's something most players wouldn't even notice. That work didn't go unappreciated. You and all the modmakers who contributed to the map really made a solid, cohesive piece here.

• Locked thread