Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I can't even tell if the multiple "preview reply" posts are jokes.

Look at the timestamps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

For anyone who has ever been interested in Custom Sleeves, looks like your dreams might be coming true.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

BaronVonVaderham posted:

:spergin: Off by a FACTOR of three. If you were off by three ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE you would be off by 1000x.

Sorry, I'm physically incapable of letting that go.

:spergin: :spergin: :spergin: Physically you say? That kind of thing literally kills me when I read it.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Mikujin posted:

For anyone who has ever been interested in Custom Sleeves, looks like your dreams might be coming true.
So we're bulk ordering 2000 JacexSorin sleeves right?

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

:spergin: :spergin: :spergin: Physically you say? That kind of thing literally kills me when I read it.

This thread is strictly worse when we're not discussing spoilers.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Fox of Stone posted:

So we're bulk ordering 2000 JacexSorin sleeves right?

I am in for a couple sets of these. I can already taste the tears

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

PleasantDirge posted:

I am in for a couple sets of these. I can already taste the tears

Speak for yourself, I'm bulk ordering these when they hit the distributors.

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way

Mikujin posted:

I know that it's probably expensive to do a single run of a custom image, but $35 to sleeve a deck and SB with 5 spares seems insane. I could get three packs of Hyper Mats for that. At least they come with the sleeve covers so they might last longer?

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

BXCX posted:

I know that it's probably expensive to do a single run of a custom image, but $35 to sleeve a deck and SB with 5 spares seems insane. I could get three packs of Hyper Mats for that. At least they come with the sleeve covers so they might last longer?

Keep in mind it's an initial print and test run. Personally, I'm not in on it, but if it proves popular, profitable, and easier to produce, I might get in on it.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Mikujin posted:

Keep in mind it's an initial print and test run. Personally, I'm not in on it, but if it proves popular, profitable, and easier to produce, I might get in on it.

Agreed. I have a lot of sleeves I'd love to make, but I'm going to wait to see how it goes and get some reviews accumulated to be sure it's worth it. If they're high enough quality, that's not too terrible as long as you're not doing EVERY deck you own (or multiple commander decks).

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I'd really like to see if I can work something out with Doomwake Giant. I'm already playing a BUG control deck, and I think he'd work in there somehow.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

BXCX posted:

With the outer sleeves they'll last basically forever.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Cunso posted:

There were a lot of legendary creatures fighting for space. We figured Minotaur decks could use Mogis as a commander.
[/quote]

Rosewater you googly-eyed motherfucker when I have a BR legendary creature I can pump with Anaba Ancestor then we can say my minotaur deck has a commander! :argh:

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Random question. I'm going to a competitive REL tourney tomorrow. Can I use my Unglued rock paper scissors cards for determining first, or does it have to be dice? Can I keep them in my deckbox?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Night Danger Moose posted:

Random question. I'm going to a competitive REL tourney tomorrow. Can I use my Unglued rock paper scissors cards for determining first, or does it have to be dice? Can I keep them in my deckbox?

You can use "any method both players agree on." I use my Rock Lobster, Scissors Lizard and Paper Tiger at Competitive REL all the time, and occasionally a grumpus will refuse. I have a half-dollar for flipping when that happens.

You should have no problem keeping them in your deck box as long as they are in radically different sleeves (or unsleeved).

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Yes and Yes. Starting player must only be random in some way, and since they are silver-bordered they are not legal magic cards so they shouldn't cause any problems by being in your deckbox.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

Yes, and yes. People use those all of the time. You just have to use a random method, it doesn't matter the way in which you do so.

Usually, you can't have other cards in your box, but Unglued cards should be just fine. You may wish to double check with the head judge, to be safe, but you should be fine, especially if you keep them in separate colored sleeves.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

The tournament rules mention "the winner of a random method (such as a die roll or coin toss) chooses [...]". Rock-Paper-Scissors isn't purely random, so I'd lean with caution and ask a judge beforehand. One idea of randomness with your cards would be to choose two, shuffle them, then deal them at random between you and your opponent. Similar 'game', but without any non-random factors involved, or any manipulation.

EDIT: Apparently I'm a stick in the mud. :v:
And didn't answer the deckbox thing either, I'm the worst rules advisor.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
If you have just 1 of each and you choose one at random, then your opponent chooses one at random, it ends up as a 50% chance.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Serperoth posted:

The tournament rules mention "the winner of a random method (such as a die roll or coin toss) chooses [...]". Rock-Paper-Scissors isn't purely random, so I'd lean with caution and ask a judge beforehand. One idea of randomness with your cards would be to choose two, shuffle them, then deal them at random between you and your opponent. Similar 'game', but without any non-random factors involved, or any manipulation.

EDIT: Apparently I'm a stick in the mud. :v:
And didn't answer the deckbox thing either, I'm the worst rules advisor.

The way you use those three cards (as I've heard it) is present them to your opponent face down and say 'Pick one for you and one for me.' It's not actually playing a RPS game, and I can't think of any way in which it would be less random than a coin flip unless your opponent somehow peeked.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Do dying tokens technically enter the graveyard upon death? For example, would a dying Myr token trigger something like Disciple of the Vault?

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

C-Euro posted:

Do dying tokens technically enter the graveyard upon death? For example, would a dying Myr token trigger something like Disciple of the Vault?

Yes.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

That's what I thought. Looks like I've found another little trick for my Purphoros EDH deck, thanks.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

C-Euro posted:

There's a Myr Eggs type deck like this. :)

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Thanks for the replies! Hopefully I won't get the grumpus who demands die rolls. And yeah, I keep them in different sleeves, they're just worn enough to be marked ish on the backs.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
If an event is not Comp REL, like say an FNM, if you miss a trigger is your opponent allowed to not let you have it?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

qbert posted:

If an event is not Comp REL, like say an FNM, if you miss a trigger is your opponent allowed to not let you have it?

Yes. So yeah, pay attention to them triggers.

Applebees
Jul 23, 2013

yospos
If you enter the Konami code on the Announcing Conspiracy page, it will reveal Dack's mana cost. There are also other secrets if you are into following the conspiracy. Code is up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, enter.

1UR

Applebees fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Apr 19, 2014

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Applebees posted:

If you enter the Konami code on the Announcing Conspiracy page, it will reveal Dack's mana cost. There are also other secrets if you are into following the conspiracy. Code is U,U,D,D,L,R,L,R,B,A,ENTER.

1UR
It's gonna be great when Duck Faygo is the most busted planeswalker printed.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

Applebees posted:

If you enter the Konami code on the Announcing Conspiracy page, it will reveal Dack's mana cost. There are also other secrets if you are into following the conspiracy. Code is U,U,D,D,L,R,L,R,B,A,ENTER.

1UR

Gmr kr Lhfi Uknaqttfp
ONRGZEDW

What do these lines translate to, using the cipher we know from before?

Applebees
Jul 23, 2013

yospos

What a Judas posted:

Gmr kr Lhfi Uknaqttfp
ONRGZEDW

What do these lines translate to, using the cipher we know from before?

First is "Art by Eric Deschamps" and second is a passphrase for other puzzles.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Saving the picture gives it a weird file name (chnsstojernkoo.jpg). Does this mean anything? :iiam:

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

So how exactly do you "enter" the konami code on that page? There's no text box. I tried just waiting until the page loaded and pressing those buttons, but nothing happened. I kinda wanna see the thing pop up.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

So how exactly do you "enter" the konami code on that page? There's no text box. I tried just waiting until the page loaded and pressing those buttons, but nothing happened. I kinda wanna see the thing pop up.

Arrow keys.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Are there any budget options to replace Chord of Calling in Melira Pod? It looks like a fun deck and I've either got everything else or can acquire the pieces cheaply, except for Chord.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Try it in a google chat (a new one, hangouts). :ssh:

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
My favorite part about the leadup to Conspiracy so far is people refusing to call Dank Finnegan by his real name.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
crosspost from goodgamery: currently goldfishing this Standard Wake-style deck. Very excited about it!

3 mana confluence (city of brass)
4 temple garden
2 hallowed fountain
2 breeding pool
2 temple of enlightenment
2 temple of mystery
3 temple of plenty
1 nykthos
3 plains
3 forest
1 island

3 hypnotic siren (cloud sprite/mind control)
4 nyx-fleece ram (1W 0/5 gain life)
4 eidolon of blossoms (2GG enchantress)
2 prophet of kruphix
2 heliod, god of the sun

1 skybind (3WW, constellation: exile something until EOT)
4 font of fertility (G enchantment, 1G: rampant growth)
4 oppressive rays (W enchantment, arrest/brainwash)
4 detention sphere
3 dictate of karametra (3GG flash heartbeat)
3 kiora, the crashing wave

The two main engine cards are Eidolon and Dictate, with Kiora ramping into that, then Heliod/Skybind to go along with the main engine pieces. Basically: cast Dictate end of turn, win the game.

Thoughts?

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Nibble posted:

This thread is strictly worse when we're not discussing spoilers.

Actually I can think of an obscure scenario in which this thread is better when we're not discussing spoilers, so please don't use the word strictly as it is inappropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
What ways are there to win in standard without casting spells, other than Mutavaults? I suppose I could try and play cards like Akroan Horse, Brimaz or Pack Rats (which can take over games) before the Possibility Storm.

• Locked thread