Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I can do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
gently caress ted ginn went full retard.

Oh yeah now I remember why I stopped playing. My life was much better before I started up again.

Alucard fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Apr 16, 2014

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Alright, I'm done here.

Fender
Oct 9, 2000
Mechanical Bunny Rabbits!
Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, you were only down by 14. Then you pulled your D to let me score for whatever reason. Now you're kinda going full pubby.

Do you need a sandwich?

Fender fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Apr 16, 2014

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I had no chance. Every time I got even close, my retard players managed to turn over the ball. And I wasn't down by 14. I was down by 14 after having lost the ball at the 1 yard line and my main RB in the same drive (who is probably permanently dead now), followed by a giant missed coverage from my loving retard CBs, so you might as well have counted that as already down by 21 with you getting the ball at the beginning of the half.

To be perfectly clear, I had absolutely no indication that my game was going to even mildly turn the tide in my favor in the second half. There is no reason for me to bother wasting my time investing any more when I've been so thoroughly hosed and am not enjoying any part of the match.

And to clarify: I let you have that score in the hopes that I'd have extra time to actually score on you, instead of you draining down the clock, and ending the half up 21-0 (which is what happened since you decided to so graciously take a knee at the 5 yard line).

Alucard fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Apr 16, 2014

Fender
Oct 9, 2000
Dinosaur Gum
I saw something else. I wasn't moving the ball well at all. I had multiple long 3rd downs that converted on fluky plays. One of those flukes was a screen that turned into a TD. But Kaep had as many incompletions as completions and a pick and just the screen TD at that point. I was just getting lucky where you weren't. That can't keep up and like I said, only two scores down. I had a long long way to go before I could have scored again.

You had been moving the ball well, but once you threw into triple coverage and then once you threw into double coverage and both times got picked. But both Olsen & Holmes were getting open easily and you were running well. And any HB can run behind a good line, which you have.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Fender posted:

I saw something else. I wasn't moving the ball well at all. I had multiple long 3rd downs that converted on fluky plays. One of those flukes was a screen that turned into a TD. But Kaep had as many incompletions as completions and a pick and just the screen TD at that point. I was just getting lucky where you weren't. That can't keep up and like I said, only two scores down. I had a long long way to go before I could have scored again.

You had been moving the ball well, but once you threw into triple coverage and then once you threw into double coverage and both times got picked. But both Olsen & Holmes were getting open easily and you were running well. And any HB can run behind a good line, which you have.

Your reception placed you, even if I had got your guy, at the 50 yard line if not better. Of your 3 possessions, you gave it away once on a long bomb that martin got lucky on intercepting (wasn't even a user pick). My 4 possessions resulted in 0 points, 2 INT, and a dead running back. 2 of your biggest plays were the result of Vernon Davis shaking off 4 solid defender tackles for a 30 yard gain, and my team in zone coverage magically taking a poo poo on a screen play. Even if luck ran out, I'd have had to had an amazing skill differential to make up the difference in score over that game. Which I don't have (see: 4 possessions, 2 INT 0 points dead RB).

You are welcome to disagree about whether or not you think that I had a chance at winning the game. The fact of the matter is that even if I had a chance, I had zero interest in pursuing it, because I was not even remotely enjoying playing that game. Congratulations on the win, you were better than I was, and it was apparent to me within 1 half.

I even gave the first possession of the second half the college try, but as soon as you got an additional score, I knew that the whole thing was done for.

Alucard fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Apr 16, 2014

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Goddamn I love this league. Advance so I can pout over a bye iirc :f5:

Oberst
May 24, 2010

If anyones around I'm willing to play a game OF RAGE

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Also my top 5 meltdown champs countdown

HM - Wampalard

5 - flickmaker
4 - Alucard
3 - Dastardlyslivergum
2 - Oberst (RINGS!!!!)

1 -

TOKAH! RAZA! SHOW THEM A BUTT!!! MEN do not get offended!!

Oberst fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Apr 16, 2014

Fender
Oct 9, 2000
Dinosaur Gum
So I forgot to mention that in the off-season Willis and Bowman both hit level 14 and I got them into the Blackguard prestige class and had leftovers for a few levels and now they have this aura of fear thing going on. I can't really turn it off, but let me know if it's a problem or unfair. You can just move your team to Rome to cancel it anyway.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
advancing tonight

:lol: over niners-beats

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
:siren:Season 4 Week 8:siren:

GAMES

CPU Vikings @ EY
CPU Chargers @ DiscountCleric
TheNardPuppy @ Alucardinium
Grocery_ @ fluffdaddy10
StevieLeeDFD @ FuriousKiff :getin:
Dubious @ CPU Raiders
Da_Goob @ CPU Pack

Advance Friday

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

When you wanna go grocery?

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
When you wanna go Alucard? I can prolly do any time that isn't during a Colorado Avalanche game.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Finally got around to joining, went with Patroits! :shepface:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Fluo posted:

Finally got around to joining, went with Patroits! :shepface:

and still posting in the wrong thread :v:

This is the PS3 group. You want this thread:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3592471

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

human being Guy posted:

When you wanna go Alucard? I can prolly do any time that isn't during a Colorado Avalanche game.

Tonight works for me, maybe around 8pm est?

Chocolate
Jun 27, 2011

Fluffdaddy posted:

When you wanna go grocery?

today around 5:00 mst work for you?

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Chocolate posted:

today around 5:00 mst work for you?

Yea sounds good

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP

Alucard posted:

Tonight works for me, maybe around 8pm est?

I am being forced to entertain tonight, can you play tomorrow at all?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
not doable this weekend starting tomorrow. Sorry. I can auto if you want or we can try to move forward after the weekend.

Fender
Oct 9, 2000
Dinosaur Gum
Stevie, when do you wanna go?

Chocolate
Jun 27, 2011
I might be like 7 minutes late.

Chocolate
Jun 27, 2011
I might be like 7 minutes late.

Edit: like 30 now I'm sorry

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I could probably go after 11 est tonight...Gonna have to grab a red bull after I get out if you want to go tho.

otherwise, I'll be available at some point Friday night

Fender
Oct 9, 2000
Dinosaur Gum
Let's aim for Friday. I don't think I'm going out other than maybe a beer or two after work.

Chocolate
Jun 27, 2011
Idling btw now.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP

Alucard posted:

not doable this weekend starting tomorrow. Sorry. I can auto if you want or we can try to move forward after the weekend.

If people don't mind waiting until then, that's ok. If not I promise not to kill anybody if you have to auto ;)

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Sorry I fell asleep still around

Chocolate
Jun 27, 2011
Going to be later tonight if I could fluff

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

No prob I was in a coma but will be around all night

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I will be off work by 9cst if you wanna go tonight grocery

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Fender posted:

Let's aim for Friday. I don't think I'm going out other than maybe a beer or two after work.

Alright, I'm free from now til ~12AM EST except whenever Dubious and I play in bizarro.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
just saw you sign in...almost halftime in my bizarro game

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Chocolate posted:

Going to be later tonight if I could fluff

Any updates?

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
alright fender, sent you an invite. idling on uniform select now

Stevie Lee