Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I turned on the TV and all the channels had a red bar going across the top with a scrolling text to the effect of "If you were one of the idiots who attended a 300-lap karting race indoors in Oulu on the 18th please contact the local health somethingorother because you have carbon monoxide poisoning and are probably well sick right now." (The only other times I've seen such warning texts on TV were because of a bear and some sort of toxic gas leak.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Jerry Cotton posted:

(The only other times I've seen such warning texts on TV were because of a bear and some sort of toxic gas leak.)

They put a warning on the TV just because there was a bear in the area?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

They put a warning on the TV just because there was a bear in the area?

People in urban(ish) areas here don't have guns so yes.

e: Not that them having guns would make any difference whatsoever. If your kid is playing outside and a bear comes along one of them is going to get eaten.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
All it takes is one really determined dude to take out a bear, people should test their luck.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Jerry Cotton posted:

e: Not that them having guns would make any difference whatsoever. If your kid is playing outside and a bear comes along one of them is going to get eaten.

There are pretty much always bears in the area where I grew up (Western Massachusetts). Are your bears meaner than ours?

What are you supposed to do when there's a bear alert?

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Jerry Cotton posted:

The difference between you and me is that around here the one that would get eaten is the bear.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

AlbieQuirky posted:

There are pretty much always bears in the area where I grew up (Western Massachusetts). Are your bears meaner than ours?

Probably not have your baby sleeping in a pram on the fenceless back yard?

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

AlbieQuirky posted:

Form a posse and go get yourself a new rug. It's well known that bears are timid creatures who will back down from a challenge. Just rush in yelling with your arms held out wide.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Bears really aren't a problem to people unless you start running at it or somehow threatening its cubs. Most bears are scared shitless of humans.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pook Good Mook posted:

Bears really aren't a problem to people unless you start running at it or somehow threatening its cubs. Most bears are scared shitless of humans.

Pro tip: if a bear wonders into town and stays there it's a safe bet that it's not a bear that is scared shitless of humans and therefore should probably be avoided, hence the warning.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

-Zydeco- posted:

Please oh please shut up all of you.

Chronically angry people should not play step-mania.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDOuG0lX8FA

Ha, was just thinking about this video the other day. Thanks for digging it up.

I just love that bit at the end where he reveals that he put his head through his wall.

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

You deserved better little Jaguar. :cry:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
He's basically the epitome of quit gettin' mad at videogames. Is there any other hilariously retarded nerdrage stuff he's done or just that one video?

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

McDragon posted:

I just love that bit at the end where he reveals that he put his head through his wall.

Again, I'm a broken record but why are these loving people posting this stuff of themselves on Youtube?

Do they have zero self-awareness?

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

McDragon posted:

IED? (Intermittent Explosive Disorder)

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
I love these videos but I don't know how that kids mom doesn't beat his rear end the second she discovers the first hole in the wall. My ma would have lost her loving poo poo if I DESTROYED my wall putting my monitor through it however many times.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
If he's that violent, she might be afraid of him.

Kid needs some medication. Putting holes in walls like that and breaking stuff isn't normal even for a teenager.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

McDragon posted:

That videos always puts a smile on face because he still tries to turn it off and back on. IT 101.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

e: this is probably photoshopped because why would an English ad for funeral services be in the Berlin U-Bahn...

Jerry Manderbilt has a new favorite as of 03:26 on Apr 19, 2014

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Pook Good Mook posted:

Again, I'm a broken record but why are these loving people posting this stuff of themselves on Youtube?

Do they have zero self-awareness?

They see other people doing it and assume it's okay.

See also: the rest of the internet.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

syscall girl posted:

They see other people doing it and assume it's okay.

See also: the rest of the internet.

Related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frhm0BQy0m4

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bart Fargo
Mar 24, 2005

Il Raggio Infernale

Fenrir posted:

LA Beast gets brought up a lot in here, but this one is particularly rich in schadenfreude:

Beast does a challenge while his roommate controls a shock collar around his neck for whenever he whines or complains.

This loving guy is just the best thing on youtube.

e: Also, there's the Icy Hot Pineapple Challenge :laffo:

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuKva8GUwBk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-0Is4pGGPk

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

I want to know what happens next so badly :allears:

sesame_samuel_
Dec 24, 2012

Pork Pro

Trilineatus posted:

I want to know what happens next so badly :allears:
He died :(

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Three-Phase posted:

I'm a bit surprised at the number of videos of kids sticking things into outlets on YouTube.

I've had a few run-ins with electricity over the years, but somehow I have never been knocked down or out. One time, due to a series of poor decisions and a bit of forgetfulness, I was holding one end of a severed extension cord in my mouth, and I accidentally closed the circuit with my tongue. All I got was a severe startling.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Same. I got shocked twice in a row from a wall socket. Painful and bone-jarring, but it had little other physical effect on me, and that was as a child.

The most distinct thing I remember was just the sensation of the shock. It's like when your holding a vibrating toothbrush or a power tool, and you can feel the high frequency vibrations in your hand. It was similar to that, but it's like you can feel every cell in your body vibrating at an impossible speed.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I never felt a shock. It's always burning (I tend to "find" cords gnawed on my mice with my feet).

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Same. I got shocked twice in a row from a wall socket. Painful and bone-jarring, but it had little other physical effect on me, and that was as a child.

The most distinct thing I remember was just the sensation of the shock. It's like when your holding a vibrating toothbrush or a power tool, and you can feel the high frequency vibrations in your hand. It was similar to that, but it's like you can feel every cell in your body vibrating at an impossible speed.

I had this happen once when I was a kid. Didn't dry off my hands after washing them, and reached to turn off the lights as I was walking out of the bathroom and grazed the wall socket instead. Fortunately, I already had the forward momentum of me walking out to door to detach my hand, but there was a good 1-2 seconds of my fourth finger feeling like it was vibrating faster than a hummingbird's wings.

I don't particularly remember a sensation of pain, or even an initial shock. More of a really weird numbness and the completely unnaturally fast vibration, but the entire thing only lasted around 2 seconds and I don't have any particular desire to ever test it any further :)

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3GHsAEvp4o

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

These didn't get near enough love. All sports should have this level of audience participation.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

animatorZed posted:

I don't particularly remember a sensation of pain, or even an initial shock. More of a really weird numbness and the completely unnaturally fast vibration, but the entire thing only lasted around 2 seconds and I don't have any particular desire to ever test it any further :)

That's what I remember about tangling with an electric fence when I was a child. It wasn't pain, exactly, but it was astonishing how little I wanted it to happen again,

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
If Twitch Plays Pokemon has taught me anything, it's that a large enough group is guaranteed to do bad things. The players would be on the ground 100% of the time if control was given to the audience.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I've been shocked once or twice and yeah, there wasn't any pain but a really weird sensation of numb vibration. Unlike other goons I found it weirdly fun so if it was at all safe I'd probably do it on purpose.

I'd love to know if there's more to this than a random act of dickery.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

HellCopter posted:

If Twitch Plays Pokemon has taught me anything, it's that a large enough group is guaranteed to do bad things. The players would be on the ground 100% of the time if control was given to the audience.

Thousands of people spamming six9

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

The Lone Badger posted:

That's what I remember about tangling with an electric fence when I was a child. It wasn't pain, exactly, but it was astonishing how little I wanted it to happen again,

Maybe it has to do with the type of electrical current? Getting shocked by grabbing prongs in an outlet wasn't painful at all, just frightening and unpleasant. But playing with the distributor cap leads and the alternator in auto class was ridiculously painful, to the point that we had contests to see who could take the pain the longest

http://youtu.be/ESwnuuSd3_0

Injun Greenberg
Sep 14, 2011

Mister Adequate posted:

I've been shocked once or twice and yeah, there wasn't any pain but a really weird sensation of numb vibration. Unlike other goons I found it weirdly fun so if it was at all safe I'd probably do it on purpose.

Please don't tell the forum about your fetish.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

e: this is probably photoshopped because why would an English ad for funeral services be in the Berlin U-Bahn...
Technically yes, but this is the original:

It's a literal translation. Probably so you can post it on the internet without having to explain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

The Door Frame posted:

Maybe it has to do with the type of electrical current? Getting shocked by grabbing prongs in an outlet wasn't painful at all, just frightening and unpleasant. But playing with the distributor cap leads and the alternator in auto class was ridiculously painful, to the point that we had contests to see who could take the pain the longest

http://youtu.be/ESwnuuSd3_0

It's the amperage IIRC. Household power is 15 amps and automotive alternators are what, 60 amps and up? Strong enough to arc weld with at least.

• Locked thread