Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Wouldn't the world take corrective measures if Jee-Han ends up starting a war? That seems like it'd be stirring the pot too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

That's only if the war starts interfering with normal people I think.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Really, I expect him to turn out to be immune to that rule. That, or for the rule to be relaxed as the author finds it inconvenient.

Maybe he can toggle it off in the options menu.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

BlitzBlast posted:

Wouldn't the world take corrective measures if Jee-Han ends up starting a war? That seems like it'd be stirring the pot too much.

The world created this stupid power, it might want whatever craziness is going to result.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

A big flaming stink posted:

He's been creating extremely rare items from half-assed training that is always under conditions that minimize risk. Imagine if he sets out to farm or picks up +item rate stuff.

Yeah, look at the 'observe' for the hammer - Rank : A Little Special. It's pretty much a garbage green item barely above vendor trash to his videogame ability.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I didn't think about it, but his observe skill is probably outrageous - he can outright tell what magical items do. It'd make scamming him a lot harder than someone else. Sae-Young could tell it was magical, but I doubt she has the ability to say exactly what it does.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

KittyEmpress posted:

I didn't think about it, but his observe skill is probably outrageous - he can outright tell what magical items do. It'd make scamming him a lot harder than someone else. Sae-Young could tell it was magical, but I doubt she has the ability to say exactly what it does.

It's an outstanding combat ability, and I'm sure appraisers would kill for it, too. I'd imagine he has to level it for it to be useful on higher level items, but that's just a matter of putting in the effort. And that's not even mentioning he can use it on people, which is totally loving broken. :haw:

CelestialCookie
Oct 23, 2012

I See Dead People
Just recently discovered this Manhwa, first impression: I think premise-wise it's appealing enough, but I don't like the pacing. Sometimes it's either too fast or too slow, though this series in general has tendency for the latter. Good and fun series though. I like the protag as well, and I'm looking forward for more appearance about the red head girls.

joachim783
May 9, 2013
Thanks for posting this thread, this manwah is awesome. I just had a read through the untranslated chapter 31 and the translator made a mistake in the price of the hammer, sae-young noona offered jee-han 10,000,000 won not 1,000,000.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

10,000,000 Won comes out to about $9655 USD. Was the original amount in words or numbers? I'm not really sure how a mistake like that would make it through.

Conversion for reference.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

joachim783 posted:

Thanks for posting this thread, this manwah is awesome. I just had a read through the untranslated chapter 31 and the translator made a mistake in the price of the hammer, sae-young noona offered jee-han 10,000,000 won not 1,000,000.

Mysticblade posted:

10,000,000 Won comes out to about $9655 USD. Was the original amount in words or numbers? I'm not really sure how a mistake like that would make it through.

Conversion for reference.

Probably more likely that the typesetter made a typo that did not get caught.

joachim783
May 9, 2013
In the korean version it's written as 1000 만 which is 1000 X 10,000 and that equals 10,000,000.

edit: just to make sure i wasn't being stupid i chucked it in google translate and it's definitely 10,000,000 won.

joachim783 fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Apr 12, 2014

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
If you're tired of waiting for bapscans, some low-quality group translated last week's Gamer chapter.

http://mangajoy.com/The-Gamer/32/

These guys also got ahead of turnip-farmers by a couple chapters in Kingdom. I think they're jumping on popular series to draw attention to their site.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Law Cheetah posted:

If you're tired of waiting for bapscans, some low-quality group translated last week's Gamer chapter.

These guys also got ahead of turnip-farmers by a couple chapters in Kingdom. I think they're jumping on popular series to draw attention to their site.

I'm regretting not just waiting for the high quality translation.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Man who the gently caress tries to upstage Turnip-Farmers on Kingdom? They put out like 6 chapters a week on average and they are excellently done, it's ridiculous. Nobody is winning that fight.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah I wish I'd have waited too. Look at Jee-han playing the hero and letting the girl hold the kitty :3:

This post brought to you by Manga Joy. Read manga online.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Apr 17, 2014

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

They also have 23 translated, but holy poo poo are these scans awful. Untranslated side dialogue, typos everywhere, weird romanization of names, etc. But, hey, it's better than nothing!

It's nice to finally see (23) actual conflict. Will Jee-Han actually be able to do something about this situation? He doesn't seem to have any sort of non-lethal attacks that could defeat someone without killing them, especially because getting knocked unconscious isn't really a thing in MMOs. Maybe he could challenge them to a PVP duel?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Law Cheetah posted:

I too would like to apdot a pet someday in the future. :v:
Man the difference between a polished translation and a rushed one is pretty striking.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
BAP-Scans just happened to get 32 done today as well. What a coincidence!

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/The-Gamer/Vol-001-Ch-032-Read-Online

antpocas
Jun 30, 2004

IF THIS POST ISN'T ABOUT GLORIOUS SALAZAR YOU MUST BE READING IT WRONG

Law Cheetah posted:

BAP-Scans just happened to get 32 done today as well. What a coincidence!

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/The-Gamer/Vol-001-Ch-032-Read-Online
Read it on Batoto instead, Kissmanga's quality is crappier from recompressing the chapter.

Jefepato
Mar 11, 2009

This?! This is a glorious dance! That has been passed down! In my family for generations!

antpocas posted:

Read it on Batoto instead, Kissmanga's quality is crappier from recompressing the chapter.

Malwarebytes just freaked on me for going to Batoto. Can I safely assume it's a false alarm?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Jefepato posted:

Malwarebytes just freaked on me for going to Batoto. Can I safely assume it's a false alarm?

Probably it just learned something from an infected ad report. I don't allow ads on free manga sites because whatever adlists they use are lovely. Like they try to remove them as fast as possible but the only virus I've had in over a decade came from an infected ad on mangastream.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Jefepato posted:

Reading manga without noscript and adblock plus? Someone likes to live life on the edge.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Well poo poo, something finally happened.

No way in hell sick girl's dad isn't going to intervene though. And now that sick girl actually knows that Jee-Han can heal her, there's similarly no way that plot arc isn't going to draw to a close soon. We might even see flame fist girl!

Why yes, Jee-Han is the only name I can remember. :shobon:

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

I just remember Jee-Han, Sun-Il, and Hwan, so I'm not much better.

ZerodotJander
Dec 29, 2004

Chinaman, explain!
Jee-Han seems strangely free and open with his powers in this episode, shouldn't he be trying harder to keep the exact details of his abilities under wraps, especially now that he knows people are interested in him?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

FallenGod posted:

Reading manga without noscript and adblock plus? Someone likes to live life on the edge.
Batoto seems to throttle your speed if you're blocking ads.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

ZerodotJander posted:

Jee-Han seems strangely free and open with his powers in this episode, shouldn't he be trying harder to keep the exact details of his abilities under wraps, especially now that he knows people are interested in him?
He knows intellectually but so far all he's really fought are illusion barrier NPCs. He's about due for a wake-up call.

Jefepato
Mar 11, 2009

This?! This is a glorious dance! That has been passed down! In my family for generations!
I do have Adblock Plus, and in addition to annoying Malwarebytes, the images were also only appearing as plain-text URLs.

Kissmanga's quality may be lower but it's not like I can actually tell the difference.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I use the All-Mangas Reader app for Chrome along Malwarebytes and Adblock and I've never had a problem browsing Batoto.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

ZerodotJander posted:

He didn't pump wisdom.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Roobanguy posted:

He didn't pump wisdom.

On top of that he already knows people are selling informations about him anyways so whoever wants them probably got them already.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

CVE posted:

On top of that he already knows people are selling informations about him anyways so whoever wants them probably got them already.

People can only be sold what he's actually been observed doing or told other people about though.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Wolpertinger posted:

People can only be sold what he's actually been observed doing or told other people about though.

Not necessarily, who knows what kind of freaky divination powers are out there. Jeehan's "Examine" is bullshit powerful... sure "The Gamer" is a really strong powerset, but that's after like a couple weeks of training. It's entirely possible other people who have been training for years/decades (centuries?) could have comparable divination abilities, possibly even without needing visual contact.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
Outside of JeeHan's ability though it seems like everyone else have powers following the more common 'fantasy' or 'fighter' path. I get the feeling he has the potential to be the most OP character in this universe.

Speaking of his abilities, I'm a bit disappointed in the technique he came up with. Using a rope to bind someone? Seriously, you have infinite possibility in front of you and that's all you can come up with? Dude, come on!

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Are you expecting a Korean MMO to have imaginative skills?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
It's also very likely gotta be something he has to be able to perform fairly easily. See: spinning mana arrow. He had to work at spinning the energy before he could use it as a natural ability.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Just have him play Diablo 3 as a wizard for like an hour for some ideas.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Fabricated posted:

Just have him play Diablo 3 as a wizard for like an hour for some ideas.

As soon as he tries to copy a skill he saw in Diablo 3, a GM suddenly appears and tells him he cannot recreate copyrighted abilities. After consulting with an IP lawyer, he changes the color, name, and other minor aspects of the ability until the GM doesn't appear; unfortunately, he spends too much time researching the law and is too under leveled to fight off the next set of kidnappers.

End webcomic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
New skill tree unlocked: Law Knowledge
  • New skill unlocked: Objection! (Lv. 0)
  • New skill unlocked: Civil Law (Lv. 0)
  • New skill unlocked: Tort Law (Lv. 0)
  • (10 additional skills, scroll down to view)...