Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I always laugh when people trot out unrelated faults(real or imagined) to discredit someone. It's like saying "That Peyton Manning guy is good football player, but he's so awful at bowling."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

Georgia Peach posted:

quote:

To: who knows what evil?

“Isn’t urine sterile?”

I’m sure it is, I was changing a transmission years ago while drinking beer and a “friend” of mine refilled my quart with pee and didn’t tell me until I drank the whole thing.

I didn’t have any ill effects.

84 posted on Thursday, April 17, 2014 5:40:21 PM by dalereed
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

Hold the loving boat here. We're supposed to believe that FReeper Legend and unverified actual Dungeons and Dragons Lich Dale Reed has/had a "friend" AND that he drank an entire quart of piss without knowing about it?

Color me surprised (just not THAT color iykwim)

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

robotsinmyhead posted:

Hold the loving boat here. We're supposed to believe that FReeper Legend and unverified actual Dungeons and Dragons Lich Dale Reed has/had a "friend" AND that he drank an entire quart of piss without knowing about it?

Color me surprised (just not THAT color iykwim)

He must have been drinking some really lovely beer if he managed to confuse it with piss.

Fruity Rudy
Oct 8, 2008

Taste The Rainbow!
Front page story on Huffington Post: The Murder Capital of the Internet

quote:

Almost 100 Hate Crime Killings Linked To One Website: Report
Posted: 04/18/2014 12:03 pm EDT Updated: 04/18/2014 12:59 pm EDT Print Article

A white supremacist site has blood on its hands, according to a new report. Stormfront.org is linked to close to 100 killings in the last five years, the Southern Poverty Law Center found.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/18/hate-crimes-linked-to-website_n_5173944.html

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

It's the SPLC so they're just going to claim that it's a conspiracy to take away their guns/freedoms/incandescent bulbs.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I did that one a couple days back, they just started banging on about how many people have been killed by blacks or FB users or whatever.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Fruity Rudy posted:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/18/hate-crimes-linked-to-website_n_5173944.html

These folks have been overdue for a roundup since OKC.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Neo_Crimson posted:

He must have been drinking some really lovely beer if he managed to confuse it with piss.

I can't imagine young previously existing Dalereed drinking anything other than absolute horse piss quality beer while he worked on his hot rod. It's perfectly in character for him. He probably drank it out of an oil tin without washing it out first.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Fruity Rudy posted:

False flag! Liberals are the real racists etc. :freep:

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

I wonder how Freepers would feel if we had a day honoring General Sherman and his march through the south.

Speaking of famous generals, it's sad how Pershing never gets the praise he deserves, even though he was the anti-glory type like Sherman.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Muslim drivers at Cleveland airport refuse to drive cabs with Gay Games advertising

Oh, this should be good. :munch:

quote:

To: Red in Blue PA

I will stand by the side of anyone who stands up to this dictatorial government. Hats off to the cabbies for expressing their beliefs.

3 posted on Friday, April 18, 2014 11:27:52 AM by Red in Blue PA (When Injustice becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty.-Thomas Jefferson)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]
You show that evil government, brave Mohammedans. :patriot:

quote:

Wheres the outrage against Islam for being intolerant? Oh wait, that wouldn’t fit in the narrative of the pro Islam, anti Christian left wing media to report it that way.

6 posted on Friday, April 18, 2014 11:30:08 AM by thepatriot1 (...brought to you courtesy of the Red, White and Blue)

quote:

Okay, but why can Christian bakeries, florists and wedding planners be forced to support homosexuality but not Muslim cab drivers? Buehler? Buehler?

8 posted on Friday, April 18, 2014 11:30:32 AM by 2ndDivisionVet (I will raise $2M for Cruz and/or Palin's next run, what will you do?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

Can you imagine the out cry if this was a group of Christian Evangelicals? PSMNBC WOuld be having marathon coverage!

12 posted on Friday, April 18, 2014 11:32:12 AM by Kartographer ("We mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor.")

Muzzies! :argh:

quote:

I guess the mooselimbs would snackbar to goat games or camel games though.

11 posted on Friday, April 18, 2014 11:31:02 AM by DariusBane (Liberty and Risk. Flip sides of the same coin. So how much risk will YOU accept? Vive Deco et Vives)

quote:

To: Paladin2

If it were the “Pedophile Games”, the Muzzies would be all in.

13 posted on Friday, April 18, 2014 11:32:17 AM by dfwgator

quote:

To: LouAvul

They should go get some camels, and pick up any passengers, that don´t smell of bacon.

15 posted on Friday, April 18, 2014 11:32:41 AM by rovenstinez
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Paladin2

According to the late ayatollah Khomeini, bestiality is okay as long as you do not consume the meat of the animal after you have fornicated with it.

17 posted on Friday, April 18, 2014 11:32:50 AM by WayneS (Help Control Politician Overpopulation - Spay or Neuter Your Senator or Congressman Today!)

quote:

Explain to them that homosexuality is also about pedophilia and brutality, and some of the conscientious Muslims might change their minds.

23 posted on Friday, April 18, 2014 11:38:02 AM by pallis

No wait, Gays! :argh:

quote:

“The Gay Games are about inclusion.”
Translation;We want a chance to sodomized everybody on the planet.

28 posted on Friday, April 18, 2014 11:43:49 AM by Farmer Dean (stop worrying about what they want to do to you,start thinking about what you want to do to them)

quote:

I’m expecting the “gay mafia” to be showing up and picketing the Cleveland mosques any moment now. /s

Now that would be interesting...how would the media report on that? Getting some snacks and popcorn, ready for the show...

31 posted on Friday, April 18, 2014 11:50:42 AM by Paco

quote:

“Gay games.” Hmmm, wonder what those could be.

400 m carpet munch?
AIDS bug chase?
Partner collecting?

35 posted on Friday, April 18, 2014 11:59:42 AM by fwdude ( You cannot compromise with that which you must defeat.)

quote:

To: fwdude

Pole vault?

41 posted on Friday, April 18, 2014 12:13:03 PM by WayneS (Help Control Politician Overpopulation - Spay or Neuter Your Senator or Congressman Today!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 35 | View Replies]

quote:

To: rovenstinez

Smell of Bacon perfume would be a great deterent against muzzies who board on planes. Just let every man, woman and child spray Eau de Bacon, and that should prevent them from coming onboard. =)

40 posted on Friday, April 18, 2014 12:11:45 PM by Patriot Babe
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Acquilae posted:

I wonder how Freepers would feel if we had a day honoring General Sherman and his march through the south.

And now I unironically want this to happen. A General William T. Sherman Appreciation Day.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Acquilae posted:

Speaking of famous generals, it's sad how Pershing never gets the praise he deserves, even though he was the anti-glory type like Sherman.

Pershing was good at his job, but the wars that he fought in (Spanish-American, Philippine Insurrection, and WWI) are fairly inglorious and he never quite captured the modern public's imagination. The most common thing that people seem to "know" about Pershing is that bullshit story that he had Muslim rebels in the Philippines buried in pigskins.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Didn't Freep basically drop all pretense of supporting Lincoln and MLK a while ago? I was under the impression that they were now 100% openly neo-Confederate.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Zeroisanumber posted:

Pershing was good at his job, but the wars that he fought in (Spanish-American, Philippine Insurrection, and WWI) are fairly inglorious and he never quite captured the modern public's imagination. The most common thing that people seem to "know" about Pershing is that bullshit story that he had Muslim rebels in the Philippines buried in pigskins.
Yeah I was lucky to have a U.S. history teacher who was a military mega-nerd; I still remember his stories about World War I like Pershing when he first arrived to France, the French generals were ready to greet him and they didn't even notice Pershing walk past them because he was in his normal uniform ready to battle and they were all decorated in dress uniforms. Also agree with the inglorious part because WWI was very brutal where you could walk across battlefields and never step on land with all the bodies laying there and motivation for any country to avoid war.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

quote:

To: MeshugeMikey

What kind of person would sit there and let people wash their feet. It’s just sick. She looks young and healthy to me. How embarrassing for her.

64 posted on Friday, April 18, 2014 9:51:24 AM by dandiegirl
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 53 | View Replies]

:allears: They never cease to amaze me.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Acquilae posted:

Yeah I was lucky to have a U.S. history teacher who was a military mega-nerd; I still remember his stories about World War I like Pershing when he first arrived to France, the French generals were ready to greet him and they didn't even notice Pershing walk past them because he was in his normal uniform ready to battle and they were all decorated in dress uniforms. Also agree with the inglorious part because WWI was very brutal where you could walk across battlefields and never step on land with all the bodies laying there and motivation for any country to avoid war.
Some American Civil War battles were like that. And that Pershing story owns, was the one whose first public pronouncement was "Lafayette, we are here!" when the US Army arrived in France?

The only Pershing story I remember from US History was of how he chased Pancho Villa around northern Mexico for a year, using what might have been a the first ever use of a powered military vehicle (a homebrew armored car), and never came close to catching him.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Stultus Maximus posted:

:allears: They never cease to amaze me.

That's just beautiful.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

"This beer neither smells nor tastes like beer..." *continues drinking*

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
dalereed: drinker of pee

Someone went gun crazy in Kansas City
KC HIGHWAY SHOOTER ID’d – MOHAMMAD PEDRO WHITAKER (Photo-Video)

quote:

To: Hojczyk
Just as I expected, a ROP follower.

3 posted on 4/18/2014 2:12:52 PM by Blood of Tyrants (Haven't you lost enough freedoms? Support an end to the WOD now.)

quote:

Like George Zimmerman, he will be classified by the MSM as a “white african american”.

8 posted on 4/18/2014 2:16:51 PM by glorgau

quote:

To: yarddog
I can’t recall for sure but didn’t one of the Beltway shooters have a Muslim name? Of course it was really two White men in a white van.
The Beltway snipers, John Allen Muhammad and Lee Boyd Malvo:

[beltwaysniperz.jpg]

Both black, both Muslim, and rumored to be in a homosexual relationship.

27 posted on 4/18/2014 2:36:37 PM by lonevoice (We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

quote:

To: lonevoice
Thanks, I wonder how many of the 9-11 terrorists were named Mohammad in some form or other.

30 posted on 4/18/2014 2:41:51 PM by yarddog (Romans 8: verses 38 and 39. "For I am persuaded".)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 27 | View Replies]

quote:

Isn't it PAST TIME to BAN instruction manuals for MURDERERS?
Isn't it past time to ban organizations for those who follow MURDER MANUALS?

16 posted on 4/18/2014 2:21:22 PM by rawcatslyentist (Jeremiah 50:32 "The arrogant one will stumble and fall ; / ?)
The Koran or the book by Steven Womack??

quote:

To: lacrew
Just take him to the woods and shoot him. Get it done with, thus saving taxpayers a lot of money.

38 posted on 4/18/2014 3:34:44 PM by Progov
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 37 | View Replies]
Yeah really, who needs due process?

Same topic!
https://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3146023/posts

quote:

To: Salamander
He is a black. Possibly a follower of Farrakhan.

11 posted on 4/18/2014 1:41:51 PM by AEMILIUS PAULUS (It is a shame that when these people give a riot)

quote:

To: Dilbert San Diego
They’ll run that killer, Nazi, “right-wing” nut story for a long, long time. After the first story, this one might not get more than a few mentions on page 30.

15 posted on 4/18/2014 1:49:08 PM by driftless2
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

To: ruralvoter
Mohammed Whitaker, obviously a case of Islamist terrorism, (which MSM will ignore) yet Sen. Dingy Harry has the nerve to call Cliven Bundy and his supporters domestic terrorists,

16 posted on 4/18/2014 2:16:35 PM by kenmcg
----------------------------
JR throws a shitfit about his power bill
A Message from the California Public Utilities Commission

OP posted:

Look for a Climate Credit from the State of California on Your April Utility Bill

This month your electricity bill will include a credit identified as the "California Climate Credit." Twice a year, in April and October, your household and millions of others throughout the state will receive this credit on your electricity bills.

The Climate Credit is a payment to Californians from a program designed to fight climate change by limiting the amount of greenhouse gas pollution that our largest industries put into the atmosphere.

quote:

Just received this propaganda piece in my email box. This is fascist propaganda at its finest. Goebbels would be proud.
1 posted on 4/18/2014 1:29:31 PM by Jim Robinson
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

To: humblegunner
I just logged in and checked. My “climate change” credit is $29.80.

But an unexplained charge of $96.58 is added to my bill for something called “conservation incentive.” As nears as I can determine, per google searches, I’m being charged this “incentive” because I’m a larger than average residential power consumer (my home is my office and I have lots of equipment running 24 hrs per day) and I don’t allow them to remotely control my thermostat and I always hang up the moment I determine any caller is trying to sell me on the PG&E cost saving (at the expense of the taxpayer) solar scam. This and several other scurrilous charges and Marxist/fascist government scams add about 40% to my bill.

16 posted on 4/18/2014 2:15:04 PM by Jim Robinson (Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God!!)
You'd think that if there is any freeper that loves receiving money it's JR. But nope, somehow explaining the finer points of what your power company is doing to nudge you to live a more energy efficient lifestyle is exactly like the flicking on the Volksempfänger

quote:

To: entropy12
....."The Climate Credit is designed..." to help you".... join with California in its efforts to fight climate change and clean the air.".....ROTFLOL........

10 posted on 4/18/2014 1:49:03 PM by caww
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Jim Robinson
Giving money to people will help climate change? That's a new approach.
My electric company keeps sending me stuff trying to get me to sign up for their smart meter things. I can save UP TO $130 per year if I let them turn off my air conditioning, pool pumps, etc. "a few times" when they feel like it. They can go pound sand.

11 posted on 4/18/2014 1:52:48 PM by Cementjungle
Because all that poo poo totally needs to be running when you're not using them :jerkbag:

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

On the subject of Lazmataz, I lurked /mu/ for a year and half and remembered this one troll with the same name that was a gay brony who liked synth music and thought synth music was superior to everything.

So, I'm hoping that it's just a troll.

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012

My Face When posted:

On the subject of Lazmataz, I lurked /mu/ for a year and half and remembered this one troll with the same name that was a gay brony who liked synth music and thought synth music was superior to everything.

So, I'm hoping that it's just a troll.

He's been a freeper since 1999, so if he's a troll, he's a damned good one. Also his profile has this :psyduck: of a story.

quote:

A True Story
By
Lazamataz

It was dark. Things moved fast. I could never say for sure who was ultimately responsible, but I always suspected the dwarf. There was something about his sinister grin that unnerved me.

I saw a shape move through the fog. Moving stealthily, I unholstered my shoulder-weapon. In the distance, a dog barked.

I came upon the corpse unexpectedly. The corpse exuded the irresistible aroma of a piquant, ancho chili glaze enticingly enhanced with a hint of fresh cilantro and a light hint of dillweed as it lay before me, coyly garnished by a garland of variegated radicchio and caramelized onions, and impishly drizzled with glistening rivulets of vintage balsamic vinegar and roasted garlic oil, accompanied by a melange of seasonal mushrooms which were sauteed with garlic, shallots and thyme and fiddlehead ferns, which were sauteed with a subtle lemongrass vinaigrette. A faint odor of roasted swiss cheese and -- impetuously added -- a dash of white wine worchestershire sauce accompanied the tumeric smell of salmon and diced green peppers. I was aware that in all likelihood the salmon had been baked, and this concerned me.

I became very afraid.

I remembered back to the last time I smelled baked salmon: I was holding a baked salmon in one hand and a long squeegee in the other, running for my very life down the streets of Rome, as over a thousand chihuahuas and pomeranians nipped at my heels and caused my sneakers to become filled with blood. As the blood loss began making me faint, I sat down wearily on a park bench, began swatting the dogs away with the salmon, and started to think back to the other time when I was nearly killed......

It was clear the plane would no longer fly, as covered as it was with bird droppings. "Dingiddy Gadsorooni Fnark Fnark Fnark Zuppity Poppo," I exclaimed, "How did we EVER end up cruising right through the Atlanta Aviary!" As the plane hurtled towards the imposing rounded dome of Stone Mountain, I began buckling into my parachute, and started to think back to the other time when I was nearly killed......

Ten thousand screaming Zulus stormed towards me, their feet making a thunderous roar as they lept over small creeks and bushes, advancing on our position. My British squad had only a few rusty Lee-Enfield rifles, and we quickly exhausted all our ammunition, to no avail. The Zulu's swarmed towards us like a murderous living thing. I turned to Nigel-Nigel Tuft-Underwood-Dillywanker, (Lt. - Retired) and told him, "Well, old chap. I believe this is it." Nigel-Nigel looked at me, confused, and asked "What who is how where?" I realized that my friend's brain had fallen out again. Picking it up off the ground, and dusting it off, I replaced it in his skull. Comprehension lit up his face. As we stared at death, together, I started to think back to the other time when I was nearly killed......

It was quite clear that the krill were likely to fog up my faceplate and interfere with my regulator. "Blast these krill," I shouted, taking in a mouthful of sea water for having forgotten not to shout underwater. Just then, a large Blue whale, scooping up the krill in it's ravenous mouth, appeared before me in startling technicolor with Panavision and technical color shifts involving a substitution of Munsel Color-Order 97, with a Value of 5 and Strong Chroma, to Munsel Color Order 96, Value 4 and Strong Chroma, such highlight changes courtesy of Eastman Kodak Company. I began to think back to the other time when I was nearly killed......

The radiation-enhanced Ultimate Computer sat impassively in front of me. "DATA INDICATES AND LOGIC DEMANDS THAT YOU MUST BE TERMINATED," it intoned. Adjusting my solar-protection shield on the space-helmet I was wearing, I turned to look at the Bathy Blueness of the Still Earthy Quietness of Natural Beautiness that was the Subtle Coolness of the Churning Coldness of the Implacable Movements of the Oceans of Earth, over the horizen of the dusky, dusty, chokey, chutney Moon. I would miss Earth, I thought, and a tear escaped the corner of my eye. The tear fell into something electronic, and I could hear crackling and zapping and smelled ozone as something important was destroyed. Suddenly I saw a pole lying in the moon dust. I turned, and tossed the bird at the computer. In the low gravity, it took a few seconds for the bird to actually make it to the computer, and the bird bounced harmlessly off, chipping it's beak. Without warning, I pole-vaulted out of the computers reach....

.... which, as the Whale was approaching, reminded me to whip out the pole I had stashed in my gear, and pole-vaulted over the whales back....

.... which made me realize how I could use one of the Zulu's errant spears to escape, and pole-vaulted clear over the entire tribe, and landed on my feet in Madagascar....

....which made me think of how I could use one of the wing struts in the airplane as a pole, and simply pole-vaulted over the rounded treacherous dome of Stone Mountain....

Which made me think of using the streetsweepers long broomstick as a pole, to pole-vault over the thousands of yapping dogs nasty little teeth-laden mouths. Landing in a flower-pot on the second floor of the Roman apartment, I saw a lovely, barely-dressed woman shimmey towards me. "Dingiddy Gadsorooni Fnark Fnark Fnark Zuppity Poppo," I softly murmured in appreciation as she shimmied towards me, every body part in motion, her red ruby crimson vibrant glossy red ruby lips pouty and full in anticipation of me kissing her red ruby scintillating sexy pouty full red ruby lips.

She stopped a little ways before me, and she/it unzipped her human suit. A grotesque bug-like alien stepped out of the human-like skin that fell to the floor, red ruby pouty full lips still visible. The antennae quivered and it's mandibals clacked menacingly. I whipped out my ProtoBlaster LaserPhaser Neutron Ray Gun, jumped to my feet, did a Captain Kirk shoulder roll for effect, and, positioning myself behind the desk, screamed "I knew it was you all along, Zelorian menace!"

This particular Zelorian looked to be about of the Forshund sex, and about 12 cycles old. On their planet, procreation is only possible if 4 seperate sexes co-operate. Needless to say, their race is dying out.

I had done my homework on this dangerous alien race. It appears that in order for the Forshund to procreate, they needed need the Trok, which serves as a place to plant the Motroy. The Trok genetalia consists of something vaguely resembling a catchers mitt. The Ponufti must take his/her lopki, which looks like two spheres suspended on a y-fork stick, and twirl them around the the Yepmens morglot, which looks like a spiral pig tail. These actions cause the spontaneous emission of Frogni Vapors, in which is the building blocks of the Motroy. That is where this Forshund came in.

Of course, the role of the Forshund Zelorian is amazingly involved and utterly disgusting that even Michael Jackson recoiled in horror when I told him. There is a 12-volume manual on even the basic sexual act of Trunorianing .... much less, the Mott!

I was shocked out of my thoughts by the sound of the Zelorian, as he/she/it used its three blowholes to harmonize and produce something akin to human speech: "No, Earthling," it trilled, "I am not here to squeeze the life out of your puny frame. I am here to seek your assistance."

"Ah," I said, astutely.

The Zelorian went on: "My race is dying out. We need help. We need your assistance in this matter. I promise you that you will be richly rewarded."

"Okay," I said, adopting a very Gap-like pose, with one hand poised on an outthrust hip, legs slightly apart, with my left foot on blue, my right foot on red, and my left hand on green, causing someone in the distance to yell "TWISTER!". "So what is it that you want?"

The Forshund Zelorian paused for a brief half-hour, smearing itself with a curious ketchup-peanut butter mix, as Zelorians are prone to do, and finally spoke up. "You have imbedded in your genetic structure the one genetic code that will make our reproduction somewhat less complicated," it quavered.

I paused, horrorstruck and staring.

It looked back at me.

I looked at it, squinting.

It coyly cast a glance at a mirror that was facing me.

I cleverly observed it's profile in a reflection on the glass window.

It hypnotically gazed at my shadow.

Finally, it spoke up. "That's right, Human. We need your demon seed." [to be continued]

I don't even know what the gently caress.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Lazamataz is the village idiot that's all you really need to know about him

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

quote:

To: Perdogg

Whenever I play with my My Little Pony set, it makes me realize that I have fat, hairy sausage-fingers. Then I cry, because I realize I am not a 9 year old girl after all — no matter how much I dress like one.

71 posted on Thursday, April 26, 2012 11:00:22 AM by Lazamataz (Admin Moderator refuses to let me hit it. -- http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/chat/2875871/posts)

quote:

To: Perdogg

Being seven, now, that would be the life. I would wear a pretty little yellow jumper while I skipped rope, and I’d know all the words to jump-rope rhymes like, “Cinderella Dressed In Yellow.” I could even pretend I was Cinderella in my pretty little yellow jumper. Not that I’d have just the one jumper, mind you; I’d have dozens, in many different colors, and lots of beautiful sun-dresses, and lots of adorable, lacy, frilly white socks to wear with my buckle-shoes. I would have one very special pink flowery pinafore that I would only wear to teatime with Pooh and Paddington and Raggedy Ann. I would wear this dress with a sweet little bonnet with ribbons, and my hair would be long and fine and done up in bows. I would be a pretty little girl, very prim and proper and delicate—not some big, burly ox who can barely get his finger through the cup-handle without breaking the cup half the time. I would always stick my pinky out while I sipped from my cup. There would be biscuits and little white cakes, as well, and I would throw a simply delightful afternoon tea party. I would be the very best little girl in the world, and the grownups would buy me lollipops and treats and generally spoil me. I would say, “Please” and “Thank you” and “If you please, ma’am,” and the grownups would protect me and keep me safe.

80 posted on Thursday, April 26, 2012 11:13:07 AM by Lazamataz (Admin Moderator refuses to let me hit it. -- http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/chat/2875871/posts)

Oh, ok.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

That second one is from The Onion, at least.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

The Rokstar posted:

Didn't Freep basically drop all pretense of supporting Lincoln and MLK a while ago? I was under the impression that they were now 100% openly neo-Confederate.

As much as I hate to say it, Freep isn't a hivemind. Individuals run the gamut of awful instead and individuals will adjust their beliefs to fit the current narrative.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

kik2dagroin posted:

To: humblegunner
I just logged in and checked. My “climate change” credit is $29.80.

But an unexplained charge of $96.58 is added to my bill for something called “conservation incentive.” As nears as I can determine, per google searches, I’m being charged this “incentive” because I’m a larger than average residential power consumer (my home is my office and I have lots of equipment running 24 hrs per day) and I don’t allow them to remotely control my thermostat and I always hang up the moment I determine any caller is trying to sell me on the PG&E cost saving (at the expense of the taxpayer) solar scam. This and several other scurrilous charges and Marxist/fascist government scams add about 40% to my bill.

16 posted on 4/18/2014 2:15:04 PM by Jim Robinson (Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God!!)

This really is the best freep quote. I love that he is literally too stupid and ignorant to get out of easily avoidable surcharges for using too much electricity :allears:

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

FMguru posted:

Some American Civil War battles were like that. And that Pershing story owns, was the one whose first public pronouncement was "Lafayette, we are here!" when the US Army arrived in France?

The only Pershing story I remember from US History was of how he chased Pancho Villa around northern Mexico for a year, using what might have been a the first ever use of a powered military vehicle (a homebrew armored car), and never came close to catching him.

That was Charles E. Stanton, though Pershing told the story of the quote.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_E._Stanton

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

The Rokstar posted:

They pretend to support Lincoln and MLK when it makes them look like the good guys. That's it.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Couple pages back, but

quote:

To: Biggirl

Congratulations to the young couple. I hope the kid is healthy, and a hallmark of LGBT diversity when older.

11 posted on Thursday, April 17, 2014 2:26:24 PM by Smedley (It's a sad day for American capitalism when a man can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park)

DemeaninDemon posted:

Ok which one of you did this?

e: huh Freeper since 2000. Their profile says they're for government assistance but not the way the -Ds do it. So only for white people. So gently caress this rear end in a top hat.
That's apparently a quote from a guy named Jim Moran who wanted to do that as a stunt in 1959.

Wikipedia posted:

To publicize a candy bar, he planned to fly a midget across Central Park in a kite, but police squelched the stunt, prompting Moran to remark, "It's a sad day for American capitalism when a man can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park."
So it makes perfect sense it's that guy's tagline, it's from an event the 1950's in support of capitalism, it's perfect for a Freeper tagline. I'll be honest, flying a midget little person on a kite over Central Park would be funny as hell, I'd watch it.:v:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

The Million-Dollar Manhattan Apartment.

quote:

To: proxy_user

“Ms. Marx” How fitting being that she’s living under a Marxist state. Anyone who pays even a dime to live in that abomination of a city is out of their mind. Like a friend of mine said “NYC is like North Korea but with food” lol.

3 posted on 04/18/2014 5:07:24 PM PDT by GrandJediMasterYoda (Hitlery: Incarnation of evil.)

Because Capitalism totally doesn't support a wealth division!

quote:

New York City: the ultimate Marxist paradise.

A small elite living in luxury and large poor population who can’t survive with nothing in the middle.

Makes me so proud. :)

5 posted on 04/18/2014 5:11:53 PM PDT by Tzimisce

Who needs the big city when you can have a down-home ranch in Oklahoma? :banjo:

quote:

Just another reason to avoid NYC (and other places like it). In Oklahoma and Texas (and other similar places), for about $150K-$250K, I can find easily find an assortment of 10-40 acre ranches to choose from, with a 4-bedroom houses, barns, shops, convenient to town, etc.

Just nuts.

9 posted on 04/18/2014 5:26:22 PM PDT by LaRueLaDue

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Harry Reid DOUBLES DOWN,..calls supporters “domestic violent terrorist wannabes”

quote:

To: Mariner
This whole episode has been a PR rep's worst nightmare. The thing is... if you get into the details of this whole case (and it is complex), Bundy is in the right. He has just been presenting it in the wrong fashion. Tell everyone you don't acknowledge the Federal government? People are going to shake their heads and call you a kook. Tell the people the BLM does not have law enforcement jurisdiction in Clark County, and people will listen.
I did notice that yesterday after Harry Reid fired his first shot across the bow, the media ran to Bundy to stir him up for a response, and the family declined to comment. So perhaps someone is now giving them some assistance. I hope so.

51 posted on 4/18/2014 6:35:42 PM by ponygirl (Be Breitbart.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 40 | View Replies]

quote:

To: mrsmel
That is correct. And the only (human) blood shed was the blood shed by Mr Bundy’s son when the violent fascist government goons tasered him 3 times. His crime? Exercising his free speech rights outside the fascist government goons’ designated “free speech” corral.

53 posted on 4/18/2014 6:38:58 PM by Jim Robinson (Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 48 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Lazamataz; Mariner; All
His rage at being defied is proof of the impact of this seminal event.

The WWII Memorial protest was another one.

His language and choice of specific wording is deliberate and provocative, and the GOP should reach down between their legs and find their damned collective pair, and bitch-slap this corrupt old piece of sh*t from the Senate and House floor.

Calling OUR people “domestic terrorists” has a purpose and a specific intent - it’s demonization language, so he has a rationale to cut their gestapo loose on the NEXT time anyone stands up to them.

60 posted on 4/18/2014 6:49:03 PM by NFHale (The Second Amendment - By Any Means Necessary.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 36 | View Replies]
I mean, it's not like we think the entire government is illegitimate and ruled by a Muslim Usurper from Kenya. We don't howl for secession every time gay people get another modicum of equality. Nope! Not us!

quote:

I am a big believer in karma..and I believe that one day this sick SOB will get what is coming to him..it may not happen today, or tomorrow, but it will happen eventually..evil like this always get what is coming to them at the end

67 posted on 4/18/2014 7:03:36 PM by Sarah Barracuda
----------------------
Bunkerville Intelligence Thread

OP posted:

Folks, with Harry Reid calling the Bunkerville patriots "Domestic Terrorists" who are endangering children by putting them "out front", and with April 19th approaching I thought I would open this thread.

With Jim's permission I ask all Nevada Freepers (potentially SoCal too) to report gathering Federales and unusual Military movements in the area. Keep a particular eye around Nellis AFB and especially Creech AFB (Predator Drones).

If you see something, say something.

Asking for tolerance and indulgence from the admins to put this on the Front Page News bar.

quote:

A tip of the hat to you. I don’t know if the upcoming three day weekend makes it more or less likely that they’ll try something in the wee hours of the morning. It’s certainly not out of the question that Easter morning has no religious significance to them.

FWIW, as a group we on the right have been called domestic terrorists (and racists, extremists, hostage-takers, etc.) so often that for me at least it’s just an eye-roll at this point.

5 posted on 4/17/2014 7:56:07 PM by jiggyboy

quote:

To: jiggyboy
Not “on the right”——I say DEAD CENTER. Doing the right thing has to be DEAD CENTER. Conservatism has to be dead center politically. That was my only real quarrel with Goldwater when he claimed the political right for conservatism. I marked up my 1963 book and have been bummed about it ever since.

155 posted on 04/18/2014 2:11:34 PM PDT by cherokee1 (skip the names---just kick the buttz)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies ]
This is like trying to find the exact center of the Universe

:stonk:

quote:

People on this thread have probably already seen my stuff, but repeating anyway. Only way to stop Bundy Ranch siege is stop Harry Reid. Make this about Harry Reid corruption.

http://www.futurnamics.com/reid_bundyranch.php

http://www.futurnamics.com/reid_brown.php

I am pretty sure media is on the take in Nevada. Will have to be social media and cowboys that win the fight.

39 posted on 4/17/2014 8:35:28 PM by DaxtonBrown (http://www.futurnamics.com/reid.php)

quote:

To: DaxtonBrown
Rustler Reid?

44 posted on 4/17/2014 8:42:37 PM by Paladin2
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 39 | View Replies]

Here is how freepers discuss Fallout 3

quote:

To: KC_Lion; TADSLOS
See what I mean about real life imitating Fallout? NOOOOOO body ever believes me.

They turned the underside of the White house into a Vault a couple years ago. Our president thinks he’s leader of the Republic of Dave, we are headed to a resource war with China, Boston Dynamics/MIT have created functional military robots and we have a number of wannabee hyperpatriots running around that trust in the US government to know what’s best for them because it’s the American way. We have energy drinks that glow in the dark and probably do have isotopes in them, we have women in combat and the military brass thinks they are he Brotheood of Steel but have a mentality more on par with Confessor Cromwell.

We have a Religion of Peace that functions a lot like a certain tribe of wannabee Romans and our politicians act suspiciously like tribals in their dealings with them, supplying them with both guns and turning a blind eye to their slavery and drug trade.

If we are not in that video game it sure as hell looks like we are.

118 posted on 4/17/2014 11:06:54 PM by Norm Lenhart (How's that 'lesser evil' workin' out for ya?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 87 | View Replies]

Back to the morbid poo poo though

quote:

To: maine yankee
If an attack comes it will be like the attack on Ben Laden—by air—Helocopters with gunships. Goal to capture or kill the family. It will be quick—same people who did Waco—Gun violations the excuse. Harry Read must do this to show his power! We must be ready if it happens. How will we respond? What can we do within our rights.

138 posted on 4/18/2014 12:34:48 AM by Forward the Light Brigade (Into the Jaws of H*ll)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies]
They would believe Obama was actually in the situation room if he's attacking a white family

quote:

To: Nebr FAL owner
If one hair of a Bundy is harmed all hell will break loose.
To the alphabet agencies that is NOT a threat. It is an observation.

146 posted on 4/18/2014 7:55:51 AM by mad_as_he$$
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 127 | View Replies]
----------------------
Russian Spy Planes in U.S. Skies

quote:

To: Sub-Driver
This administration is determined to provoke a war.

15 posted on 4/18/2014 11:18:47 AM by PieterCasparzen (We have to fix things ourselves)

quote:

First signed in 1992 and finally ratified in 2002
Judging by those dates, it looks like this is more stupidity from the Bush family.

4 posted on 4/18/2014 11:00:00 AM by Major Matt Mason ("Journalism is dead. All news is suspect." - Noamie)

quote:

To: Major Matt Mason
Agenda21 suicide. Gambling like whores our bodies to terrorists. The Bush have learned well from their feminine sides.

24 posted on 4/18/2014 11:42:10 AM by lavaroise (A well regulated gun being necessary to the state, the rights of the militia shall not be infringed)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

quote:

To: lodi90
The treasonous GOP is just too busy IGNORING
Obama selling arms to al Qaeda, and
too busy leaving the borders wide open,
and too busy covering up previous weapon transfers
to al Qaeda — including 20,000 MANPADs in Benghazi.

The GOP stands for: GAVE . OBAMA . POWER .

28 posted on 4/18/2014 11:55:29 AM by Diogenesis

quote:

This fool allowing our enemy to fly over our nation. What a fool. America is going to fall. Our enemies have been in our country for years now. And now we allow them too fly over all our land and figure out where our military is located and where all our facilities are to destroy them with nukes. What a fool. I’d call him a fool to his face. He is a fool.

33 posted on 4/18/2014 12:19:14 PM by RetiredArmy (MARANATHA, MARANATHA, Come quickly LORD Jesus!!! Father send thy Son!! Its Time!)

quote:

To: bgill
I strongly believe that most of the GOP leadership is being blackmailed about one thing or another. Even in those rare cases in which a politician is as pure as the driven snow, he has children or a spouse through which he could be pressured. We all know about John Roberts. I’m just amazed that Trey Gowdy and Ted Cruz are still speaking out.

We are living under a dictatorship now. I just hope Jesus comes back before we go much further, but that’s not too realistic.

47 posted on 4/18/2014 2:09:08 PM by ottbmare (the OTTB mare, now a proud Marine Mom)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 40 | View Replies]

quote:

To: ottbmare
Ditto the dictatorship.

48 posted on 4/18/2014 2:48:27 PM by bgill
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 47 | View Replies]
----------------------
Obama strips our military while building own militia

quote:

To: 2ndDivisionVet
You just give that your best shot there, Mr. Obama.

Kick that hornet’s nest some more.

Kick it real good.

2 posted on 4/18/2014 4:22:59 PM by humblegunner

quote:

Obama's target isn't Putin. It's us.
The states need to stand up to this.

3 posted on 4/18/2014 4:23:11 PM by PapaNew

quote:

This puke isn't fit to be el presidente of some third world hellhole. Which is exactly where he's leading us.
How could Americans have been so stupid?

White guilt nurtured over the past 5 or so decades, thats how.

10 posted on 4/18/2014 4:44:13 PM by skeeter

A freeper unironically posted this chart

quote:

And we let him get away with this because we dont have the balls to nail his a## to the wall, why? because he’s black

21 posted on 4/18/2014 6:22:46 PM by ronnie raygun
Yeah man that has to be it

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!
Yes, the largest financial and corporate hub in the world truly is the best example of a Marxist state. It just makes so much sense.

cafel fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Apr 19, 2014

stan worship
Oct 23, 2013

kik2dagroin posted:

And we let him get away with this because we dont have the balls to nail his a## to the wall, why? because he’s black

21 posted on 4/18/2014 6:22:46 PM by ronnie raygun

Um, he realizes that's actually a nickname people gave Reagan to make fun of him and his silly Star Wars defense crap, right?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

FMguru posted:

I believe that Pershing's expedition into Mexico was also the first U.S. military operation to use an airplane.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

RagnarokAngel posted:

As much as I hate to say it, Freep isn't a hivemind. Individuals run the gamut of awful instead and individuals will adjust their beliefs to fit the current narrative.

While freep opinion is not literally monolithic, it's still a hivemind. The thing is, the tone of an invocation of MLK or Lincoln is entirely contextual. Is the thread about some pro-civil rights article? Then King was an evil miscegenatin' commie who got what was coming to him. Is it about Republican racism? Then MLK was a conservative and if he were alive today he'd be standing his ground with the Tea Partiers against the urban ferals.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

cafel posted:

Yes, the largest finical and corporate hub in the world truly is the best example of a Marxist state. It just makes so much sense.

They forgot. :911:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

The Insect Court posted:

While freep opinion is not literally monolithic, it's still a hivemind. The thing is, the tone of an invocation of MLK or Lincoln is entirely contextual. Is the thread about some pro-civil rights article? Then King was an evil miscegenatin' commie who got what was coming to him. Is it about Republican racism? Then MLK was a conservative and if he were alive today he'd be standing his ground with the Tea Partiers against the urban ferals.

Naw I disagree. They are all very different shades of terrible which is what keeps the thread so lively.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

quote:

To: jiggyboy
Not “on the right”——I say DEAD CENTER. Doing the right thing has to be DEAD CENTER. Conservatism has to be dead center politically. That was my only real quarrel with Goldwater when he claimed the political right for conservatism. I marked up my 1963 book and have been bummed about it ever since.

155 posted on 04/18/2014 2:11:34 PM PDT by cherokee1 (skip the names---just kick the buttz)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies ]

I'm trying to imagine the political spectrum this would require

|<=Left================Liberal=============Blue Dog=================DEAD CENTER!================Reactionary==========RINO=========Republican==================Right=>|
|<=Nixon===Reagan===Strom Thurmond===Jefferson Davis===Jackson===:swoon:Goldwater:swoon:===Louis XIV===Ayn Rand===The Ku Klux Klan===Ivan the Terrible===Literally Hitler=>|

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Apr 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Hitler was a leftist, dummie.

• Locked thread