Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Since codes are about to go out I suppose this is my last chance to see if anyone wants to trade their pro player tier for my dungeon crawler tier. Anyone interested? Or sell it to me, that works too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I feel really self-conscious about posting in this thread so often but you can all just put up with it because CLOSED BETA 4/23/14

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Vincent Valentine posted:

Since codes are about to go out I suppose this is my last chance to see if anyone wants to trade their pro player tier for my dungeon crawler tier. Anyone interested? Or sell it to me, that works too.

I'll sell you my Pro Player if you can come up with a reasonable price and a way to pay someone in the UK that isn't PayPal.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I just realized - the switch to closed beta is going to delete all our saved decks, isn't it? I guess it would have to.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

If you have some decklists you want to save, you can put decks together over on this site.

http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/

I also won a draft tournament last night with a Sapphire/Diamond deck that had zero rares, no huge bombs, and only one piece of hard removal, just lots of really good efficient troops and a few tricks.

http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=5847

Sacrificial Toast fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Apr 19, 2014

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Pretty interesting they decided to go the code route for kickstarter rewards. I might just sit on my Grand King code and see how things play out over the next few months. I definitely want to try PVE first, real life is getting in the way and that Grand King money could be used elsewhere.

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Ask me about delicious soy products.

I am actually thinking of trying to upgrade from pro tier to Grand King. I love this game and I want all the goodies. My problem is I don't know of any good way to securely make purchases like that.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Afgad posted:

Mostly I'm sad they're bringing in Beta so soon because I love the free drafts and access to all cards. Making pack raptor decks is going to be a nightmare once we lose access.

I hadn't actually looked at the card rarities till just now; looks like there are a few legendaries (pack raptor, fist, wrenlocke) that I'd assumed were simple rares. The upside is that Pack Raptors at least were kickstarter rewards, so there should be a fair few floating around from that; Grand Kings will have three of 'em.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Apr 20, 2014

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I hadn't actually looked at the card rarities till just now; looks like there are a few legendaries (pack raptor, fist, wrenlocke) that I'd assumed were simple rares. The upside is that Pack Raptors at least were kickstarter rewards, so there should be a fair few floating around from that; Grand Kings will have three of 'em.

So will Collectors. Gotta love being a Collector.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
So it's only a few days until closed beta, I wonder how long until open beta? I've said previously things weren't ready but I'll admit they have come a long way in a short amount of time - but is it enough for the general public to be happy spending real monies on draft?

Also: new avatar check

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Man, I hope it's soon, I really want to check this out :unsmith:

edit: Open beta has meant "release with some free reign to gently caress up or change things up" for a while now, so I can totally see them opening the gates to get more people playing and paying.

Nissir
Apr 23, 2007
Man with no Title
For some reason I had not heard anything about this untill a friend brought this up over the weekend. Is there anyway to get in on the kickstarter stuff, or has that ship long since sailed?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Nissir posted:

For some reason I had not heard anything about this untill a friend brought this up over the weekend. Is there anyway to get in on the kickstarter stuff, or has that ship long since sailed?

There will be an auction house that you can buy stuff from in game, and you can sometimes find people willing to sell their KS reward packs, otherwise no, you're almost a year too late.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Grim posted:

So it's only a few days until closed beta, I wonder how long until open beta? I've said previously things weren't ready but I'll admit they have come a long way in a short amount of time - but is it enough for the general public to be happy spending real monies on draft?

Also: new avatar check

Yeah, I have a hard time seeing them staying in closed beta for very long. The real question is how long till the PvE content.

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

Go RV! posted:

There will be an auction house that you can buy stuff from in game, and you can sometimes find people willing to sell their KS reward packs, otherwise no, you're almost a year too late.

It still boggles my mind a bit how much I wagered on a videogame being good. I can afford it, but grand king represents a lot of toys. That kickstarter had so much freaking hype.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

Yeah, I have a hard time seeing them staying in closed beta for very long. The real question is how long till the PvE content.

The impression I've gotten is that PVE is pretty far along internally, they just want to release it all at once, with a little bit in beta for testing purposes.

Also seems to me like the very maximum possible duration of closed beta is 3 months. Cory said in the recent interview that they wanted to release a new set every ~3 months, and that the clock starts ticking for Set 2 as soon as they start charging money (i.e. closed beta). I can't imagine them releasing a whole new set before they open it up to everyone.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I think he also said though that the timing of Set 1 + Set 2 would be wonky; we won't start getting regular 3 month sets until Set 3

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

OBi posted:

It still boggles my mind a bit how much I wagered on a videogame being good. I can afford it, but grand king represents a lot of toys. That kickstarter had so much freaking hype.

Yeah, me too. What's a little more surprising is that it still seems in retrospect like it was a (relatively) good idea, as far as blowing that much money on a game can be a good idea (i.e., not actually a good idea).

The prospect of opening the packs actually has me a little nervous. Big money, no whammies!

Are we going to move this thread to the main games forum when open beta hits? Organize a guild?

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Apr 22, 2014

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Yeah, me too. What's a little more surprising is that it still seems in retrospect like it was a (relatively) good idea, as far as blowing that much money on a game can be a good idea (i.e., not actually a good idea).

The prospect of opening the packs actually has me a little nervous. Big money, no whammies!

Are we going to move this thread to the main games forum when open beta hits? Organize a guild?
There was a consensus many pages back about starting a guild called Hexagoons. :3:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Blazing Zero posted:

There was a consensus many pages back about starting a guild called Hexagoons. :3:

If this happens, I'm totally in.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Blazing Zero posted:

But where did the consensus end up in regards to the correct way to cook / eat a steak...

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Grim posted:

But where did the consensus end up in regards to the correct way to cook / eat a steak...

Soy products are delicious, healthy, and avoid controversial topics such as which sauce is good on which steaks!

For the record, I am willing to pay money for Hex right now. I don't think I'm the only one. Mostly though, I'm waiting for asynchronous sealed. Those are the tournaments I'm really willing to spend cash on. I'll probably do one of those a week every week once they come out. Life is just too unstable for me to be able to dedicate 4-6 hours to a tournament in one sitting.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Yeah I was gonna make Hexagoons. I think that had the most backing.

also, re: steak rare-medium rare

Once you can pay to play the game, I believe we can move the thread to the main games section. I'll have a new OP for the occasion.

EDIT: has anyone heard anything about merging accounts? I opened a ticket on their website, but I haven't heard anything back (I have a Grand King and a Pro that I really want to slap together).

Karnegal fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Apr 22, 2014

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Karnegal posted:

Yeah I was gonna make Hexagoons. I think that had the most backing.

Hexagoons is definitely the best.

If we want the most people to give Hex a try, we should probably wait until people can play Hex for free.

Edit:

Karnegal posted:

EDIT: has anyone heard anything about merging accounts? I opened a ticket on their website, but I haven't heard anything back (I have a Grand King and a Pro that I really want to slap together).

Would that give you two free drafts a week? I thought they specifically said they were not allowing that to stack.

Afgad fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Apr 22, 2014

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Afgad posted:

Hexagoons is definitely the best.

If we want the most people to give Hex a try, we should probably wait until people can play Hex for free.

Edit:

Would that give you two free drafts a week? I thought they specifically said they were not allowing that to stack.

Cory posted:

Multiple Level Donations

I want to address one of the more unexpected outcomes of the Kickstarter: multiple level donations. Let me start by saying it was never my intent when crafting the levels that any one consumer would get multiple levels. As a matter of fact, you can see I tried to make it a nice gentle curve that exponentially rewarded your generosity. But, we have said we will merge multiple donations into one account, and so we will, but within limits.

So let’s get this set in stone: each account can merge 4 separate donation tiers (that’s 4 total, which includes PayPal and Kickstarter combined). This merge will combine all the rewards, including product (starters, packs, cards, etc) and bonuses (additional experience, additional loot drops, etc).

Here is the list of things that DONT stack, meaning your account will only have one.

- Sleeves

(you get one set of each you have qualified for, this is all an account would need)

- Mercenaries

(you get one of each you have qualified for, this is all an account would need)

- Credits in the game (your name in the credits)

- +1 card in opening hand (Raid Leader)

- Raid Leader exclusive PVE card

(this card is functionally different and will not be tradable)

- +100% Extra loot drop

- +10% PVE experience for all members of the Guild

(maximum increase for any guild is capped at 10%)

- Entry into special promotional Kickstarter tournaments. Due to the high number of donations, we will be breaking this up into smaller groups and offering the same prize multiple times, and you will be given the specific group to participate in. Consider this a bonus and reward for your amazing generosity!

And because I am sure this will be the first set of questions:

- We will give you three VIP months per qualifying tier, so if you have 3 sets you will get 9 months

- You will get the 3 booster drafts per qualifying tier, so if you have 3 qualifying tiers you get 9 drafts

- You will get multiple copies of the "Dragon's Blood" starter deck

I want to apologize for not getting this information to you sooner, but the good news is you haven’t been charged yet, so there time to change your contribution. If this creates a problem with PayPal we will work with you resolve this issue. Our goal is to offer you the best value possible as an early adopter, but we also want to preserve the integrity of the game.

So, I think you can combine multiple weekly drafts

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Karnegal posted:

So, I think you can combine multiple weekly drafts

Wow that's very nice.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Got a response from my ticket:

"Hello Karnegal,

Thank you for contacting HEX Customer Support. At this stage in time, we have yet to provide much information about this. Upon the launch of CLosed Beta will be will announcing more. Please keep an eye on the forums and your email for more information concerning this as soon as we have it. If you require any further assistance, or have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Best regards,
Vian
HEX Support Team "

So no news yet

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I opened a ticket to have the email address on my account changed and it was responded to by the same person; I mentioned that I had multiple accounts and they asked for those details too - it wasn't clear if they planned on combining them so I asked specifically if we were going to get codes to redeem via the in-game Shop or what have you, just waiting on a reply...

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Afgad posted:

Yeah, I thought I remembered them saying that as well.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Afgad posted:

What doesn't stack is the one year of Weekly Free Drafts that was added to each of the non-Pro Player $250 dollar tiers. Anyone already receiving 1 or more Weekly Free Drafts for life could not receive that bonus through account merging, and no one could get it twice by purchasing 2 non-Pro Player $250 tiers.

Kickstarter Page posted:

Note that we added 1 free booster draft a week for 1 year per account to the Dungeon Crawler, Raid Leader, Guild Master, and Collector tiers!

Sacrificial Toast fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Apr 22, 2014

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Sacrificial Toast posted:

What doesn't stack is the one year of Weekly Free Drafts that was added to each of the non-Pro Player $250 dollar tiers. Anyone already receiving 1 or more Weekly Free Drafts for life could not receive that bonus through account merging, and no one could get it twice by purchasing 2 non-Pro Player $250 tiers.

yeah this is true because they added the 1 year of free draft on as a a bonus for the non pro-tier. Since the Grand King is ALL the tier bonuses from that rank and the pro's only bonus if the draft a week for life, those should still stack.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

So now that Hex is heading for beta does that mean the thread gets to go to games now?

[e] hearthstone recently announced a PvE mode out of nowhere that's going live later this year did cryptozoic say anything about how far PvE is coming after closed beta? I feel that's the next feature after sealed came out that will really get me re-hyped for the game.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Apr 22, 2014

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

DrManiac posted:

So now that Hex is heading for beta does that mean the thread gets to go to games now?

Probably not since you can't get into it unless pledged

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

Karnegal posted:

yeah this is true because they added the 1 year of free draft on as a a bonus for the non pro-tier. Since the Grand King is ALL the tier bonuses from that rank and the pro's only bonus if the draft a week for life, those should still stack.

Stack in that you'll have 2 per week forever, not 3+ per week for a year then 2 per week thereafter. That's my understanding anyway.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

OBi posted:

Stack in that you'll have 2 per week forever, not 3+ per week for a year then 2 per week thereafter. That's my understanding anyway.

Yeah, neither Pro Player nor Grand King get the extra year of drafts, despite the latter ostensibly including all the stuff you get at lesser tiers. It's mildly annoying and it's one reason why I wish they'd found a more creative way to improve the value proposition of the other $250 tiers, one that would cater to the particular focuses of those tiers instead of just getting a taste of Pro Player's action (and that would incidentally also make Grand King and up better as well). But that's water under the bridge at this point, and Grand King's still a pretty sweet package.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

OBi posted:

Yes, that is my understanding as well.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Grim posted:

I originally brought this up because one of the goon guilds started fighting about the right way to cook a steak(ending with racial slurs and g-quitting) and I thought it was funny how aggressively angry people get about how you should prepare a steak. In some cruel twist of fate I work with steaks now and boy howdy let me tell you, people don't know poo poo about steak and now all that aggressive anger is starting to make sense to me.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

I originally brought this up because one of the goon guilds started fighting about the right way to cook a steak(ending with racial slurs and g-quitting) and I thought it was funny how aggressively angry people get about how you should prepare a steak. In some cruel twist of fate I work with steaks now and boy howdy let me tell you, people don't know poo poo about steak and now all that aggressive anger is starting to make sense to me.
Getting angry about how people eat food is just as silly as being upset about video game platform choices. By which, I mean that you should staunchly defend your belief to the death. :jerkbag:

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Beta day, guys. Though, if the auction house isn't up, and we don't have kickstarter rewards, it's not going to be a very fun client.

Blazing Zero posted:

Getting angry about how people eat food is just as silly as being upset about video game platform choices. By which, I mean that you should staunchly defend your belief to the death. :jerkbag:

If I ever own a restaurant, if someone orders a steak well-done, I'm bringing them a shoe. It'll cost and taste about the same anyway.

Cows are super bad for the environment, so if they're wasting perfectly good meat, we should all be angry about it. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I eat my steaks practically charcoal-like. If there's a small amount of juice I'm not touching that poo poo.

I also drink rum with orange juice, and listen to Pink Floyd while on cocaine.

(Only one of those is true)

So wait, does this closed beta means people not on the kickstarter will maybe start getting invited? I'm not sure where we're at.

• Locked thread