Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

ShoogaSlim posted:

I feel like this thread is way more oriented towards really awful pop-punk/post-hardcore stuff but for anyone here who cares, Trap Them debuted a new song today from their upcoming album and of course it rips hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEZ2Q8vlI6E

I love the irony of this post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HATEPOSTING
May 27, 2011

answersyouseek posted:

trap them are bad now?

i thought i was gonna like the new locktender but then the end to "the thinker" happened. men as trees remain great though.
also whoever talked about ..who calls so loud is a cool guy.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
The Trap Them track didn't do that much for me, but I loved Darker Handcraft so I'll definitely check out the album when it drops. Why did no one tell me how much fun the Backtrack album is? Do I need to feel bad for liking this or something?

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
I haven't enjoyed Trap Them for a minute plus they ripped off my cover art from 2012.

(it's a .gif)

I literally invented the idea of putting a man in a black garbage bag AND using gloved hands to attack that man.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
those fuckers....

Dylstew
Nov 24, 2013

ShoogaSlim posted:

I feel like this thread is way more oriented towards really awful pop-punk/post-hardcore stuff but for anyone here who cares, Trap Them debuted a new song today from their upcoming album and of course it rips hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEZ2Q8vlI6E

Post-hardcore came from hardcore punk. Like Fugazi and Hüsker du. That doesn't have anything to do with pop punk. That song is pretty nice btw, I like it.

Dylstew fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Apr 13, 2014

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

new yaitw went up for pre-order at deathwish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HhuCyd3nqA

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Dylstew posted:

What did leftöver crack actually do that was that weird?
I'd like to know, since I love choking victim/leftöver crack's albums.

Also, I love Archer, and krieger is my favourite character :D.

Okay so this is the first time that I've checked this thread since I posted in it, but anyhow- the first time I saw them play, Stza was pretty obviously cracked out on something as he seemed to just zone out and stare into space at times mid-song, and at another point, he went on some bizarre rant about George W. Bush that didn't really go anywhere and just kind of fizzled out. Band started playing another song after a really weird pause, and he jumped back into it, but it was definitely a weird moment. Stza also spat into the crowd on numerous occasions, including a loogey whose slimy viscosity was visible from way in the back of the venue. There was also an enormous, 6'6", 300 lbs+ skinhead who was running around the pit with his arms behind his back and slamming into people enormous bald headfirst. Can't really blame that one on the band, but whatever.

A few years later, I went and saw Stza play an "acoustic set" at a local bar. Dude opened up the set by saying that the record company (I think it was Fat Wreck at this time? not sure) had sent him out on this tour, and that he didn't give a poo poo about his fans or that anyone had come out. Everyone laughed, but I don't think he was kidding. Also, a few songs into his set, there was the sound of tires screeching and then a massive BANG. Everyone looked out the back window to see car headlights where headlights shouldn't be, and just stood around. Since no one was moving, I ran out the back door and found this car smashed into a lightpole and a very shaken young mom and her maybe seven year old kid standing there crying. They told me that another driver smashed into them and forced them off the road, so I called 911 and waited for the cops to arrive. It turns out that a DUI driver rammed them, then drove off and bailed out of his car a block away, only to get tackled by someone from another bar who pinned them until the cops got there. While the paramedics were checking out the two victims, Stza walks by and asks me what happened. I tell him, he looks at the kid, and says, "Sure is a fat little human being, isn't he?" then walked off.

I get that a large part of his public persona is the whole shock value thing, but it was just a really lovely and tasteless thing to say at the moment. I still occasionally listen to Mediocre Generica and gently caress World Trade and enjoyed some of Star loving Hipsters' stuff, but I'll never willingly give any money to that shithead again.

Also- I'm going to see Deafheaven play again in June. Should be another finger-lickin' good time.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..

answersyouseek posted:

Wait, what's wrong with Trap Them?

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

albear posted:

Wait, what's wrong with Trap Them?

They're bad.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Ras Het posted:

They're bad.

Nailed it.

For some content, my band is playing an absolutely insane show on Saturday night in DC with Coke Bust, Satan's Satyrs, and one of my favorite bands in the world Pentagram so if you are around DC you should come out because this show will be epic.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

Ras Het posted:

They're bad.

This changes everything.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
New bands announced for Fest 13.

quote:

We are very excited that Hot Water Music has chosen to celebrate their 20 year anniversary with us – only Florida show to boot!

Also joining the party: Touché Amoré, Masked Intruder, Screaming Females, Ben Nichols, Modern Baseball, Pianos Become the Teeth, The Sidekicks, Everyone Everywhere, Tiltwheel, Smalltown (SE), Enabler, Rescuer, Runaway Brother, Shallow Cuts, Rational Anthem, Et Tu Brute, Three Man Cannon, The Hundred Acre Woods, The Weaks, Chalk Talk, SRVVLST, Arliss Nancy, Kittyhawk, Two Knights, Cicada Radio, Lindsey Mills, Close Talker, Junior Battles, Protagonist, Sunshine State, Teen Agers, Wet Nurse, The Bennies (AU), The Shell Corporation, Stabbed in Back, Brian Marquis, Too Many Daves, Andrew Cream (Full Band), Arms Aloft, My Man, Nothing In The Dark, Placeholder, Rust Belt Lights, and the Duppies.

Also, Restorations, Worriers, Pale Angels, Cumulus as well as a special reunion from SPRAYNARD will be appearing at both FEST 13 (GAINESVILLE) and BIG PRE-FEST IN LITTLE YBOR 2 (YBOR/TAMPA).

http://thefestfl.com

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

answersyouseek posted:

Nailed it.

For some content, my band is playing an absolutely insane show on Saturday night in DC with Coke Bust, Satan's Satyrs, and one of my favorite bands in the world Pentagram so if you are around DC you should come out because this show will be epic.

That's a hell of a bill! By the way one of the dudes from Deafheaven now runs a record label and put out a cool album by a black metal/hardcore band called Black Monolith. More on the raw/aggressive end than the pretty end of the BM spectrum. Would link, but I'm on my phone. Anyway, I'd definitely recommend it.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

nomapple posted:

That's a hell of a bill! By the way one of the dudes from Deafheaven now runs a record label and put out a cool album by a black metal/hardcore band called Black Monolith. More on the raw/aggressive end than the pretty end of the BM spectrum. Would link, but I'm on my phone. Anyway, I'd definitely recommend it.

I got you: http://blackmonolith.bandcamp.com/

kirkjames
Jul 23, 2005

Any Bay Area freaks going to the Thou/Cloud Rat/Kowloon Walled City show tonight?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
So apparently Touche Amore and Self Defense Family are coming out with a collaborative split 7". I'm not a huge SDF fan but that sounds pretty drat good.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

So apparently Touche Amore and Self Defense Family are coming out with a collaborative split 7". I'm not a huge SDF fan but that sounds pretty drat good.

I'm in the opposite boat because SDF are maybe my favorite active band but I don't like Touche Amore. Should be interesting, at any rate.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

New White Lung single! Plus a bonus interview with Mish Way.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I'm in the opposite boat because SDF are maybe my favorite active band but I don't like Touche Amore. Should be interesting, at any rate.

SDF are easily one of my top 2 favorite active bands and I like Touche Amore enough to buy their records. I'm pretty ecstatic about this release. Although TA being involved should make the preorder a nightmare.

More bands should do collaborative EPs. The Saddest Landscape/My Fictions split last year was tight.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Unbootable posted:

Brian's a super nice guy in real life. I saw them in a tiny rear end venue in Detroit last fall and they tore my eardrums in half. Both the bands that supported them, False and Cloud Rat were really excellent live too.

The drummer in Cloud rat is a good friend of mine, we might do a split with them in the future. That is, with my defunct possibly broken up band. :smith:

suboptimal posted:

I get that a large part of his public persona is the whole shock value thing, but it was just a really lovely and tasteless thing to say at the moment. I still occasionally listen to Mediocre Generica and gently caress World Trade and enjoyed some of Star loving Hipsters' stuff, but I'll never willingly give any money to that shithead again.

That is not a public persona that is how he really is. I have been around him, friends in his band, had friends live with him, and him show up randomly at friends' house all drugged/strung out. He is just terrible at being a human being. He is genuinely not a terrible person but you mix in hard drugs and if he is down he is WAY down. I have heard alot of stories about him just showing up, falling on a friends couch and being there for nearly a week unable to function.

Not to condone his behavior because I could really give a flying gently caress about a guy that constantly abuses drugs and definitely does have the support system to get off. I just wanted to explain that it is definitely not an act, dude can suck ALOT alot of the times but apparently can be pretty rad too sometimes(not on or around drugs).

quote:

The Headies - http://theheadies.bandcamp.com/
dunno much about these guys, but they made one of the best albums, Meta-pop. happy, joyous punk that's fun to sing along to.

This band played my house on a last minute-ish show. Pretty fun/good dudes.

Sorry for name dropping. :smug: just trying to jump into this thread running.

Smash it Smash hit fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Apr 23, 2014

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
doublepostedit

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
hosting a house show is cool and everyone should do it

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Daedalus played in my friends living room in college and I handled the sound. I'm gonna count that.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

People do sound at house shows?

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

In the sense that someone probably said, "Hey man can you plug me in?"

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
sometimes you gotta freak the levels to really fill the living room

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
you get a rich full sound that will also reach the porch w/ all the alienated ppl who came alone smoking and trying to fit in

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

"Hey man can you hear me upstairs?"

Unbootable
Jul 3, 2003
For those not in the know, Jeff Rosenstock is the musical guest on tonight's The Chris Gethard Show.
http://thechrisgethardshow.com/
I haven't been really paying attention to BTMI in recent years but I remember really enjoying them around 2006-2009 pretty heavily.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Unbootable posted:

For those not in the know, Jeff Rosenstock is the musical guest on tonight's The Chris Gethard Show.
http://thechrisgethardshow.com/
I haven't been really paying attention to BTMI in recent years but I remember really enjoying them around 2006-2009 pretty heavily.

Vacation is their best record IMO. Check it out.

Adults!!! was also a solid EP with some of their best songs on it. Glad I saw them three times before they broke up.

kirkjames
Jul 23, 2005

SUPER into this In School "Praxis of Hate" EP. Killer hardcore band from NYC that kinda sounds both like older NYHC but also midwest poo poo like Die Kreuzen (if you can't tell by the name). Check it!

http://inschool.bandcamp.com/

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

kirkjames posted:

SUPER into this In School "Praxis of Hate" EP. Killer hardcore band from NYC that kinda sounds both like older NYHC but also midwest poo poo like Die Kreuzen (if you can't tell by the name). Check it!

http://inschool.bandcamp.com/

Thanks for this. Into it.

Also for anyone interested, the new We Came Out Like Tigers 12" is really good. I feel like they've nailed the sound they were sort of searching for on their previous album. Absolutely searing 'blackened screamo' with violins! http://dogknightsproductions.bandcamp.com/album/dk057-we-came-out-like-tigers-ever-crushed-at-peckets-well-12-lp
Whilst you're over at Dog Knights, you should give the Shirokuma album a spin as well, because from what I've heard so far, it's sounding pretty tasty.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Well it was either that or listen via his laptop speakers.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Inspector_666 posted:

Well it was either that or listen via his laptop speakers.

Yeah we(I) actually invested in a new PA with 2 600w power amps so, yeah basically running "sound" is a balance between. "I cant hear the vocals" and "I blew the speakers"

Have had a few bands ask to mic the kick drums, In a 20x25ft room. Yeah sure buddy.

HATEPOSTING
May 27, 2011
so this owns http://earthburnerohio.bandcamp.com/

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
you sure about that

HATEPOSTING
May 27, 2011

stay depressed posted:

you sure about that

gently caress i havent checked if someone would call it bad.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
just checking if you were sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HATEPOSTING
May 27, 2011

stay depressed posted:

just checking if you were sure

yea man it's cool no worries.