Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Fenom posted:

Yeah, I agree with this as well. Although that didn't stop my fiance from making me buy a costume for Squirrel Girl because she said they normal one "made her thighs look fat".

Sever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
The fat thigh epidemic is spreading

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

I'll agree on one thing: costumes are kinda pricier than I'd like. They may be purely cosmetic, but that doesn't mean I'd feel right shelling out a tenner for them, possibly more.

Yeah. I might buy one if they were cheap, like 3-4 dollars, but pricing some of them close to 15 dollars means I'm not even going to consider it.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
If stashes and leveling up heroes wasn't quite as long I'd buy so many stashes/heroes. Right now it's kind of like, why would I buy a new hero when I still have Thing at level 1 and Hawkeye at level 6? v:v:v

Also don't bring up the whole "well uhhh it's okay if it's 15$ for a hero skin cause you should only buy it if you want to SUPPORT the DEVELOPPERS!!".

Cloudchaos
Jan 18, 2004

Babyface Mingo posted:

If stashes and leveling up heroes wasn't quite as long I'd buy so many stashes/heroes. Right now it's kind of like, why would I buy a new hero when I still have Thing at level 1 and Hawkeye at level 6? v:v:v

Also don't bring up the whole "well uhhh it's okay if it's 15$ for a hero skin cause you should only buy it if you want to SUPPORT the DEVELOPPERS!!".

Why shouldn't that be brought up? They are 100% entirely cosmetic. As in the only thing they do for your character is change their appearance. You get a free one for each prestige if you wanted to have multiple for different builds or something. You're literally upset about the cost of virtual doll clothes.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Let me rephrase that. "well uhhh it's okay if it's 15$ for a hero skins/heroes/stashes/etc cause you should only buy it if you want to SUPPORT the DEVELOPPERS!!".

My point still remains that I'm sure they'd get a lot more money if they lowered the prices on stuff. I'd rather not get into an argument about the value of a hero skin/stashes/heroes/supporting the developers, though.

Cloudchaos
Jan 18, 2004

Babyface Mingo posted:

Let me rephrase that. "well uhhh it's okay if it's 15$ for a hero skins/heroes/stashes/etc cause you should only buy it if you want to SUPPORT the DEVELOPPERS!!".

My point still remains that I'm sure they'd get a lot more money if they lowered the prices on stuff. I'd rather not get into an argument about the value of a hero skin/stashes/heroes/supporting the developers, though.

Yeah, I don't want to get into an argument, that's better left for the pubbies on Gaz's forums. I actually agree with you on them probably selling more at a cheaper price point.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
I'm pretty sure that unless the people on the buisness side (not the devs) are absolutely clueless that they've done the numbers so they have a much better idea than we do how much they can charge for a costume to enable maximum return on investment.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Gunjin posted:

I'm pretty sure that unless the people on the buisness side (not the devs) are absolutely clueless that they've done the numbers so they have a much better idea than we do how much they can charge for a costume to enable maximum return on investment.

You'd be surprised how clueless the business people can be. Reminds me of the EA guys deciding they would never have sells on Origin because that would 'devalue their IP' and then a bit later Gabe did that interview or something where he went into detail how having a constant churn of sales on Steam increased sales/profit by something stupid like 300%. And then Origin quietly started having game sales...

Cloudchaos
Jan 18, 2004
Let's just all agree that if costumes cost less/more/the same that we would all buy less/more/the same (amount) of them and that business people do/don't know what they're doing and go back to talking about headbutting dinosaurs as the Hulk.

Mayor Defacto
Apr 21, 2010

I have not touched this game in 5-6 months so I'm running through the story again with Taskmaster as my new character on heroic. Good lord they have added alot to this game since I last played it :aaa: I have no idea what half of all these eggs, relics, runes and god knows what else they've added to it actually do.

The last thing I was doing was farming the bovine with goons as a level 51 cable that so broken it was just beautiful. This was just before the first patch which locked out freely re-entering the portal for all those goodies :(

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Now that I've capped my Taskmaster, I need to get my Nightcrawler the last 15 or so levels to 60. Is there a goon-approved build for him? I've been trying different things but the only one that really clicks for me is a gimmicky divebomb build (ab)using stealth mechanics and extra damage to mobs 'not targeting you' - this is a hilariously fast terminal runner but having to kill a bunch of mooks for LQs slows it down considerably.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It's linked in the build post.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

WarLocke posted:

Now that I've capped my Taskmaster, I need to get my Nightcrawler the last 15 or so levels to 60. Is there a goon-approved build for him? I've been trying different things but the only one that really clicks for me is a gimmicky divebomb build (ab)using stealth mechanics and extra damage to mobs 'not targeting you' - this is a hilariously fast terminal runner but having to kill a bunch of mooks for LQs slows it down considerably.

That build is fine if you just want to get to him 60 and let that be that.

If you want him to be powerful and run cosmics solo, you want to max:

Xslash, Master Swordsman, Heartseeker, Infernal Brimstone, One Step Ahead and Flash and Grab.

1 pts can go to Dive Bomb, Shadowmeld, Righteous Frenzy, whatever you see fit.

Your rotation is as follows: FnG>IB>Xslash4lyfe. Bosses die in under 10 seconds.

Artis are PSS, Pluvian, Power Prism (replace this with better later) and Advanced Crimson Cyttorak (REMOVE VISUAL EFFECT).

I rock Death Seed and his slot 2-5 uniques. I sit at 22K health so I don't worry about much. DR is just under 3K.

Make sure he is double shrinked or else your build sucks.

This is the build of a winner.

Get small so you can ball til ya fall.

ICR fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Apr 19, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The core of that build doesn't work anymore though, so you need to adjust for it.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

^^^: What part of it no longer works?

Eiffel On You posted:

Make sure he is double shrinked or else your build sucks.

I don't get the love for baby heroes. Although there aren't that many other visual effects to choose from AFAIK...

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

WarLocke posted:

I don't get the love for baby heroes. Although there aren't that many other visual effects to choose from AFAIK...

...what?

Edit: Just go with my build. It will make you godly. Purple Haze is fine, it just does NOTHING for killing bosses or high HP enemies. That's why Xslash is necessary for boss melting.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WarLocke posted:

Flash and Grab used to ignore CC resistance.

You can't move stuff around constantly like you could when that was created.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Toshimo posted:

The Easter uniques are cool, but is there anyone with bad enough slot 1/5 uniques that they'd actually want these?

Slot 5 is almost as bad as S4, for hero-specific stuff. SG, GR, and probably others have S5 uniques that are worse than Frog Mask.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
How dare you speak about Iron Man Cards that way

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Flash and Grab used to ignore CC resistance.

You can't move stuff around constantly like you could when that was created.

It still works as a good damage-dealer, you just change the rotation to Shadowmeld>Divebomb>Brimstone>F&G so you attack them while inside the Brimstone AoE.

Pneumatic Wizard
Oct 9, 2012

Buglord
I think Gorgon just broke my Captain America's ultimate...
I got petrified just as the Iron man laser part of it started and now, as far as I can tell, I'm permanently invincible and running around with an invisible 200k DPS laser beam in front of me. :c00lbert:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

My Design A Unique entry: Old Man Thor's Destroyer Arm

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Lemon Curdistan posted:

It still works as a good damage-dealer, you just change the rotation to Shadowmeld>Divebomb>Brimstone>F&G so you attack them while inside the Brimstone AoE.

But if you're doing that then wouldn't it be more damage to skip FnG and just use X-Slash? At least for bosses.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

WarLocke posted:

But if you're doing that then wouldn't it be more damage to skip FnG and just use X-Slash? At least for bosses.

FnG is for mobs. Xslash is for bosses.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Kelp Plankton posted:

Doc Ock summon or bust

Doomsaw goon status: confirmed

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
Doomsaw logged me in for my daily gift. What a pal

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Pneumatic Wizard posted:

I think Gorgon just broke my Captain America's ultimate...
I got petrified just as the Iron man laser part of it started and now, as far as I can tell, I'm permanently invincible and running around with an invisible 200k DPS laser beam in front of me. :c00lbert:

Now you have to stay logged in until you hit level cap. If it persists after prestige you can never log out again.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

Rufio posted:

Doomsaw logged me in for my daily gift. What a pal

How do I gear Cable

Pneumatic Wizard
Oct 9, 2012

Buglord

Tortolia posted:

Now you have to stay logged in until you hit level cap. If it persists after prestige you can never log out again.

I got the easy ride to 60 but blew it after that. The greed overwhelmed me and I tried for a double ultimate which reset it.

All my other skills worked without cancelling it though so I managed to charge all over midtown on a Doop wave, killing all 7 Doops by myself and completing my kill 6 super-villains quest in one wave.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
So Im saving that picnic basket for who knows what.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Help me spend my Gs/splinters, goons!

I have 415G and 400 splinters. I've been saving up the splinters for Invisible Woman.

I want the following:
1. Invisible Woman
2. Her Future Foundation costume
3. Another STASH tab (ugh)
4. Taskmaster
5. A Team-Up, I guess? Magik or Spider-Man.

How should I spend up? I'm thinking of buying the IW presale, topping up 1000G and buying that STASH and Taskmaster, then spending the splinters on a Team-Up. Is that the best/most efficient use of my money?

If it helps, I also have half a mind to get Psylocke, but I'll also want to dress her up in a non ninja thong costume. Reed is okay.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I believe the Team-ups are out of ratio for splinters compared to other things, so your cash is probably best spent on that.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

I believe the Team-ups are out of ratio for splinters compared to other things, so your cash is probably best spent on that.

Haven't looked at those numbers, but I would also say that you should probably push getting a team-up nearer the top of your list (if not to first), having at least one is a really big return on investment, you can use it on all your characters and it makes leveling new ones lots faster (and can provide clutch DPS when you start doing terminals and junk).

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

There was never a doubt, guy trolls harder than anyone else in his community.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Schneider Heim posted:

Help me spend my Gs/splinters, goons!

I have 415G and 400 splinters. I've been saving up the splinters for Invisible Woman.

I want the following:
1. Invisible Woman
2. Her Future Foundation costume
3. Another STASH tab (ugh)
4. Taskmaster
5. A Team-Up, I guess? Magik or Spider-Man.

How should I spend up? I'm thinking of buying the IW presale, topping up 1000G and buying that STASH and Taskmaster, then spending the splinters on a Team-Up. Is that the best/most efficient use of my money?

If it helps, I also have half a mind to get Psylocke, but I'll also want to dress her up in a non ninja thong costume. Reed is okay.

Well the IW presale will come with her Stash tab, but do you mean TM's stash?
Either way, TM is only 200 Splinters, whereas Magik/Spider-man are 400 each. On the other hand, Team-ups are cheaper with Gs than a hero in the same tier would be, ie, IW is a 400 Splinter hero so if you were going to get her and a team-up, it would be better to spend the Splinters on her and Gs on a team-up. This doesn't take TM into account, or Stash tabs, though.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah. All the hero prices are 2.25G/splinter, but the Team Ups differ based on splinter cost:

code:
>>> 750/600.0
>>> 550/400.0
>>> 350/200.0
The more expensive the Team Up, the worse the conversion gets. Which is weird, but encourages cash instead of time.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
writing all of that out means you aren't farming. Good luck making up that lost time when it's literally a full work week to get a measly glimmer of hope that you may score one of the most expensive hero picks in the entire game whose purchase typically falls outside of other major personal purchases because lol if you think you're gonna budget Deadpool and your mortgage from this paycheck. Trust me when I say I've done alot of research on this games.

____________________/

Edit: I made an artifact that Gaz should put in the game to better supply our workouts with proper PWO support

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/1080498/#Comment_1080498

nickhimself fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Apr 20, 2014

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I meant a General STASH tab.

Guess I'll just use cash for a Team-Up, then? If the G-to-splinter rate is like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Schneider Heim posted:

I meant a General STASH tab.

Guess I'll just use cash for a Team-Up, then? If the G-to-splinter rate is like that.

If you really need a team up. They aren't all that useful really.

• Locked thread