Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
TF! YAY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.

Admoon posted:

As a CLG fan, it makes me very worried when everyone expects them to beat TSM. I've seen this before.

yeah it's kind of a running gag at this point, but honestly CLG has looked loving amazing lately after picking up a world-class jungler and under the tutelage of Monte Cristo appropriating the Korean e-sports juju. TSM won't roll over though, that's for sure.

edit: dyrus running heal teleport on Mundo. No flash on a bad early game champ is pretty risky. Should be fun.

Jacco
Sep 2, 2008
Ok so let me get this straight. Whoever takes 6th place in the tournament get relegated?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Jacco posted:

Ok so let me get this straight. Whoever takes 6th place in the tournament get relegated?

Yes. EG and XDG already have. The loser of Dig vs Coast gets relegated.

FB for CLG!

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Apr 19, 2014

GEExCEE
Sep 19, 2012

noob dyrus no flash

Jacco
Sep 2, 2008

Digital Jedi posted:

Yes. EG and XDG already have. The loser of Dig vs Coast gets relegated.

FB for CLG!

So if CLG would have lost to Coast they could actually have been relegated?

mushi
Oct 13, 2003

Jacco posted:

People are calling "relegation" placed in the tournament which determines who takes the last 3 LCS spots. So theoretically XDG, EG and whoever gets 6th place in the tournament could still make it to the Summer Split LCS.

It's sort of dumb, but technically they're in the same boat as LMQ and C9T, so yes, they're "relegated".

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
OddOne giving up dragon for a blue buff. Is this the beginning of how TSM always throws? Bad calls from the entire team?

e; Let the CLG chanting begin

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Aphroomoo, you're my hero.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Luna Was Here posted:

e; Let the CLG chanting begin

It's a nice change from TSM.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
is a team in the relegation no longer an lcs team getting paid by Riot then? I know Coast went into the challenger scene immediately the last time they were there.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

This game is basically CLG vs Bjergsen. Nidalee spears fuckin hurt.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Admoon posted:

This game is basically CLG vs Bjergsen. Nidalee spears fuckin hurt.

It's always nice when your team gets decimated at dragon, you get away at half HP, and a single 1/0 champion forces 5 people away, taking out more than half of 2 people's health in the process.

gently caress Nidalee forever.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I'm sure this has been covered, but what's the deal with the resurgence of Graves recently?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Link dies. Monte can't be happy. He didn't beat Dade's score.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Power of Pecota posted:

I'm sure this has been covered, but what's the deal with the resurgence of Graves recently?

Ult buff and mana cost reduction.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Power of Pecota posted:

He was decently buffed last patch, making his at-6 play better. There's also theory going around among pro teams that you can simply ban out ADC and force the opposing team on to weird ADC choices, so some pros have been trying out less common ADC like Corki and Graves.

Symphonie
Dec 24, 2010

lol just flamestrike it idk
He was both buffed, and I believe the changes to runes were also slightly favourable to him due to the free stats he gets from his passive.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Power of Pecota posted:

They lowered the mana cost of Quickdraw and increased the early game damage of his ultimate, and hes never really been a bad pick per se. He just needed a slight boost in terms of sustain I feel and Riot gave it to him.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
That nidalee pick was completely terrible. With no sustained damage and only one easily gibbed source of CC TSM can't do anything about the dives.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

I am so drat happy to see Link play Twisted Fate again. What a player.

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
Good lord, CLG's initiation is godlike. Link really has great mechanics, that was an awesome TF ulti-goldcard-zhonyas initiation.

edit: this game is over. CLG's rotations just outplayed them early game to a minor gold lead and they were able to hold onto it.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Link! Wow that was good. CLG are doing so well with these engages vs Nidalee.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Nidalee is the only champion that can give them a chance against a bullshit global team like CLG has. Giving CLG a global team with their superior rotations makes them really drat terrifying.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Aphro doesn't get enough love, he's come such a long way since he turned to support.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Flameingblack posted:

Nidalee is the only champion that can give them a chance against a bullshit global team like CLG has. Giving CLG a global team with their superior rotations makes them really drat terrifying.

Wait we're talking about Nidalee and calling something else bullshit :ironicat:

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Schiavona posted:

The best thing is that it used to be TSM that was known for their global ult comps.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Game one to CLG. This doesn't look good for TSM, considering they themselves said if the lost Game 1 it ain't gonna be great.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
The only counter to bullshit is more bullshit.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Schiavona posted:

Double globals is never a fun thing to play against. Not in solo queue and not in LCS, and not in Korea. It's just really hard to play against such high mobility unless you're a group and fight team like China is known for or Gambit.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Meat Recital posted:

The only counter to bullshit is more bullshit.

And thus the secret to League of Legends was revealed.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

Flameingblack posted:

Double globals is never a fun thing to play against. Not in solo queue and not in LCS, and not in Korea. It's just really hard to play against such high mobility unless you're a group and fight team like China is known for or Gambit.

Really TSM were in trouble if they didn't get a huge lead with poke comp vs global engage.

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008
:splurp:

Flameingblack posted:

I am literally laughing at the tsm fanboys crying (about something being "op" of all things).

edit: to be more specific, globals are CLEARLY more powerful/impactful in this patch and any decent team strategist should prepare for this poo poo, ignite basically turned to poo poo with heal removing it and laning phase disappearing completely due to 4v1 bullshit, which also opens up the map.

Outplaying your team strategically from the pick-phase because you're much better equipped for laneswaps and your opponents aren't even putting that much effort into making 2v2/1v1 happen isn't "bullshit", it's outplaying your enemy from the get-to. CLG was much better prepared in ban-pick and what they would do with it.

If you want to blame someone for the 4v1 bullshit blame Riot for the 2min cd ward trinkets, it's retarded.

Curious which global TSM will try to ban out (between nocturne and TF, doubt they'll do both) or whether they won't ban any and will put more effort into preventing laneswaps.

uaciaut fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Apr 19, 2014

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
^^^ you seem to make a lot of posts about other people crying. his post wasn't even about TSM?

Pros finally discovering that morellonomicon is op as poo poo.

Like seriously, one of the best items in the game. Very gold efficient, CDR, good AP and a passive that's really good against a lot of champions and lifesteal.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I wouldn't be surprised to see Morello's become ubiquitous versus any team with more than 2 sources of HP heals.

Symphonie
Dec 24, 2010

lol just flamestrike it idk
Morello's wasn't OP until summoner Heal was OP.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

mushi posted:

^^^ you seem to make a lot of posts about other people crying. his post wasn't even about TSM?
He's literally the worst poster in this topic and he's on most people's ignore list for just being an arrogant twat. I didn't even pick TSM to win this Best of 3.

NTT posted:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Morello's become ubiquitous versus any team with more than 2 sources of HP heals.
Yeah, not that it's OP, it's just necessary in a meta where there's so much healing now

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Flameingblack posted:

He's literally the worst poster in this topic and he's on most people's ignore list for just being an arrogant twat. I didn't even pick TSM to win this Best of 3.
Yeah, not that it's OP, it's just necessary in a meta where there's two heals per team now.

Which is sad because he has a ton of good points when it comes to actually talking about the games.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Wasn't team/group movement the adapation eventually emerged during season 2? Groups would move together and it made the global collapse less effective. In a few weeks this strategy will probably be less effective as teams remember how to beat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Putting someone who can split push really hard top is also important.

• Locked thread