Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Homo for Hitler posted:

Anybody here watching the open at detroit? I think I am a featured match next round, I might make a stairs reference

When you said "featured" I didn't realize you meant "standing behind Peter Richards"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

Devor posted:

When you said "featured" I didn't realize you meant "standing behind Peter Richards"

Muahahaha.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Devor posted:

:thurman:

Jimmy Jazz
Dec 25, 2006
Police walked in for me; I wasn't there, 'cause I sure went fast!
Maybe he can recover from that g1 punt!

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

forbidden lesbian posted:

Just go on camera and say you're homo for hitler. I can think of literally nothing wrong with this plan.

Seems good will do.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Devor posted:

Lmao nice.

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way

I'm sure the gentlemen wearing "Got Trades?" T-shirts are wildly pleasant to interact with.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

BXCX posted:

I'm sure the gentlemen wearing "Got Trades?" T-shirts are wildly pleasant to interact with.

DCI please don't ban me for posting that dude's paunch

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Devor posted:

DCI please don't ban me for posting that dude's paunch

According to precedent, the one posing in front of it would get the ban. Homo for Hitler, enjoy your 18 month suspension!

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Mono Blue mirror and Patrick Chapin is going insane because one guy played 3 Cloudfin Raptors. He's the best.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

Boco_T posted:

Mono Blue mirror and Patrick Chapin is going insane because one guy played 3 Cloudfin Raptors. He's the best.

I absolutely enjoy any time he is doing commentary. "Time Traveler?!"

"There are two types of decks, the beat down deck with three Elspeths, and the control deck with two Elspeths and one Elixer of Immortality"

"That's the nice thing about Standard, you can play any type of Mutavault deck you want"

Dehtraen fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Apr 20, 2014

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

He's easily the best commentator, and it's great to get him with Sullivan because P Sulli is the best straight man.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Haha daaaaamn Chapin poo poo talking standard.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Ableist Kinkshamer posted:

According to precedent, the one posing in front of it would get the ban. Homo for Hitler, enjoy your 18 month suspension!

Uhhhh please do not get me banned from the tourney while I poise for top 8 because I was posing in front of a fatty fat fat for an internets joke forum

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Hello my name is homo for hitler and I would like to inquire the condition of your stairs within your home

My hobbies include posing with photogenic people, generally while they do not suspect it snd from behind.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

ahaha patrick chapin is great, most of the things he says are funny

lol he said "katy perry's dark horse video is basically the story of xenagos"

hey mom its 420 fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Apr 20, 2014

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Layin down truths about the weirdos who do land in front of creatures.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

RoleModel posted:

Probably just to tick it up to try for an ultimate.

I usually just target a land, but I'm more concerned that someone was playing Ashiok. Card is almost always just a distraction.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Apr 20, 2014

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Might be useful to add to the OP?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

But targeting Ashiok with Kiora is just dumb in the first place. The only planeswalker that can do damage now is Chandra. Targeting Ashiok will just make it so you can't hit him.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Korak posted:

I feel like that diagram would confuse more than educate. The layout is too busy to show things clearly.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Korak posted:

Needs wedges to be even more confusing.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I looked at it and went "Wait, why is Golgari in the Naya zone?" I understand that it's actually supposed to be along the GB line and the Naya triangle is just where you happened to have room, but that's an example of the sort of confusing impression that graphic gives.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Honestly it would probably look okay if it didn't try to do shards in addition to the guild/god pairs. It's just trying to do too much at once.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

If I didn't know what the shards/enemy combos were before looking at that diagram I'm pretty sure I wouldn't after.

Sen-dart
Oct 9, 2012
That diagram looks like one of those crazy conspiracy theory diagrams, and is about as helpful.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

The fat got trades guy pictured earlier broke a char by sitting in it, and it was absolutely hilarious to watch

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Homo for Hitler posted:

The fat got trades guy pictured earlier broke a char by sitting in it, and it was absolutely hilarious to watch

take a picture of it where the broken chair lies miserably on the floor and the foreground is half of your face shedding a single tear

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

AgentSythe posted:

take a picture of it where the broken chair lies miserably on the floor and the foreground is half of your face shedding a single tear

Please do this.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

GoutPatrol posted:

But targeting Ashiok with Kiora is just dumb in the first place. The only planeswalker that can do damage now is Chandra. Targeting Ashiok will just make it so you can't hit him.

Yeah, a seemingly common mistake is using the +1 before combat, giving your opponent an invincible chump blocker.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

AlsoD posted:

What ways are there to win in standard without casting spells, other than Mutavaults? I suppose I could try and play cards like Akroan Horse, Brimaz or Pack Rats (which can take over games) before the Possibility Storm.
Don't try and make it so you can't win without spells, make it so the ones you cast with Possibility Storm are automatically the right ones. Like Enter the Infinite, leaving Borborygmos Enraged in your library, then cast it for almost free and throw all your land cards at your opponent's face.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
If they're still talking about the same thing, it's that when you have Eidolon of Rhetoric and Possibility Storm on the board, neither player can cast a spell again for the rest of the game. So you have to have something on the board that can win, it's a symmetrical hard lock.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Boco_T posted:

If they're still talking about the same thing, it's that when you have Eidolon of Rhetoric and Possibility Storm on the board, neither player can cast a spell again for the rest of the game. So you have to have something on the board that can win, it's a symmetrical hard lock.

You have Eidolon of Rhetoric, if you have the board clear that is a win.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

AgentSythe posted:

I'm sorry, my phone was out in the car charging when it happened and by the time I can back it was cleaned up. It was one of the couchlike chairs that the hotels have, which makes it extra funny. Sorry guys. 8-2 for the night top 16, rip

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I think what you're looking is something to drop before the lock, that means that even if you don't have board advantage now, you'll eventually get it. Assemble the Legion and Elspeth come to mind, though it means you're wanting more mana before you can actually achieve the lock.

ThirdEmperor
Aug 7, 2013

BEHOLD MY GLORY

AND THEN

BRAWL ME
I'd definitely run Legion's Initiative in any sort of Eidolon lock deck, to dodge a boardwipe if you've only got the partial lock out. Doesn't cost you your one spell and a turn and neatly evades most anything.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
I'm looking at putting together a straight WR version with Nyx-Fleece Ram, Lagonna-Band Trailblazer, and Judge's Familiar with Heliod, Ajani, Caller of the Pride, and Gideon, Champion of Justice as my wincons. I still get Chained to the Rocks and Banishing Light to help me induce a board stall with my blockers (which conveniently aren't defenders) and all of my finishing threats come in under Possibility Storm and can eventually win me the game on their own, through tokens, embiggening+cats, or by getting so huge I can slam every turn until they run out of blockers.

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde
Anyone interested in drafting, head to IRC (goonvitational)

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Sen-dart posted:

That diagram looks like one of those crazy conspiracy theory diagrams, and is about as helpful.

NATURE'S SIMULTANEOUS FIVE DAY COLOR PIE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

GoutPatrol posted:

But targeting Ashiok with Kiora is just dumb in the first place. The only planeswalker that can do damage now is Chandra.

Hey don't you forget about Ral Zarek! :mad: He's still...there. Doing...things.

• Locked thread