Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

RideTheSpiral posted:

They've always had timeouts.

Definitely not in the first series, which coincidentally was it's peak. As with any question about why the IPL does something that makes no cricket sense, the answer is money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Smorgasbord posted:

Definitely not in the first series, which coincidentally was it's peak. As with any question about why the IPL does something that makes no cricket sense, the answer is money.

Money, or some deadshit Indian billionaire wants to make his mark like some sort of fat, corrupt dog pissing on a tree.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Aha the dog piling on Moores by the TMS guys is really starting now.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

What the poo poo? "Favorite Camera Shot"?

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Final nail in the KP coffin. The sad thing is that England were down to the choice of either Giles or Moores. Kinda like having to choose between being punched in the face or in the gut.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I suppose Moores is in credit because he could've run to the media and said a few things when he got sacked first time, but he kept quiet.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Smorgasbord posted:

I thought time outs applied to all levels of cricket, or are they doing something with a countdown at the ipl?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Spedman posted:

I thought time outs applied to all levels of cricket, or are they doing something with a countdown at the ipl?

They actually have a break in play at a specific point that they call a 'strategic time out' for no other reason than fitting in more ads, american style. There are no timeouts in any other type of cricket unless you're referring to something else like referrals to the 3rd umpire?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I think there are actually guidelines for when each side can call for their (required) strategic time out. It just so happens that they're about a third of the way through for one side, and two-thirds of the way through for the other.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

goatface posted:

I think there are actually guidelines for when each side can call for their (required) strategic time out. It just so happens that they're about a third of the way through for one side, and two-thirds of the way through for the other.

They may have changed it since I last watched the IPL about 4 years ago :shrug:

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Nice

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Smorgasbord posted:

They actually have a break in play at a specific point that they call a 'strategic time out' for no other reason than fitting in more ads, american style. There are no timeouts in any other type of cricket unless you're referring to something else like referrals to the 3rd umpire?

I think we might be talking about different things, but I referring to being "timed out":
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timed_out

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Spedman posted:

I think we might be talking about different things, but I referring to being "timed out":
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timed_out

Ah ok. Yeah that's one of those rules that basically never comes into play but someone like Inzamam al-Haq probably got timed out in hilarious circumstances once.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I think it almost happened to Mark Richardson because he was taking a poo poo but he was opener so I dunno.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

Smorgasbord posted:

Ah ok. Yeah that's one of those rules that basically never comes into play but someone like Inzamam al-Haq probably got timed out in hilarious circumstances once.

And that guy in the 20's who died in a carcrash between days and was timed out at the resumption of play the next day.

Of course that was not at all hilarious, mind.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Brett824 posted:

What the poo poo? "Favorite Camera Shot"?

I am genuinely shocked that each camera shot doesn't have its own sponsor.

Baygon Spider Cam
TAB Sports Bet Umpire Cam

sixteenstraws
May 7, 2009

slave to a label but I own my masters
the BCCI want ravi shastri on their corruption investigation panel :lol:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Srinivasan was trying to get himself reappointed to director the other day. They're firmly in the "I'm rich and important, so this should go away" mindset.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sehwag got 2 from 7 balls.

Surprised he's still playing tbh

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Priety Zinta is outrageously fit.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Davey Miller Just hit 36 off 8 balls to get to 51 off 19.

Pretty funny.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

goatface posted:

Davey Miller Just hit 36 off 8 balls to get to 51 off 19.

Pretty funny.

...and Pujara carried his bat in a chase of 191 and scored 40.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
Anyone seeing Maxwell's unbelievable luck right now? Those drops/missed chances and then the No Ball...

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Brett824 posted:

Anyone seeing Maxwell's unbelievable luck right now? Those drops/missed chances and then the No Ball...

Pretty funny.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Brett824 posted:

I wonder how many of these T20 'superstars' have based their reputations entirely on innings where they have been unbelievably lucky? probably all of them

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Yikes, what's going on at the IPL.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

gay picnic defence posted:

I wonder how many of these T20 'superstars' have based their reputations entirely on innings where they have been unbelievably lucky? probably all of them

You could ask the exact same question about the English / New Zealand squads... Only the answer is "Definitely all of them".

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:

The Rabbi T. White posted:

You could ask the exact same question about the English / New Zealand squads... Only the answer is "Definitely all of them".

Lucky to be playing each other.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Brett824 posted:

Yikes, what's going on at the IPL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJnnrjEcIKg

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
While the IPL is making GBS threads up the world of cricket, let us remember the good times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtxnfqDJUWg

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Cook scored two tons in county, apparently this means he's good again.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's County Division 2 cricket. So not even against the "better" county bowlers. I mean, gently caress, one of them was Dernbach.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

goatface posted:

That's County Division 2 cricket. So not even against the "better" county bowlers. I mean, gently caress, one of them was Dernbach.

If he wasn't scoring 10 runs an over he's still shot mate sorry

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
So I bought that Don Bradman cricket game; and in my first game, somehow got a hattrick in a T20 with Jade Dernbach...

Honestly; pretty good game. It has more bugs than it should; but you can tell that the developers at least cared about what they were putting out there and they seem to be patching bugs out which has never happened for past cricket games... Admittedly, this is based off of only a few hours of play, but if you go in not expecting the polish that FIFA and the like has, its genuinely seems a fun game. It also manages to do two things that past cricket games never managed: make batting really hard at the higher difficulty levels and make bowling as fun as batting... The biggest bug that I've noticed is that fast bowlers drop 5+MPH in pace after only four overs, but that might be me bowling poo poo, I'm not sure!

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

IceAgeComing posted:

So I bought that Don Bradman cricket game; and in my first game, somehow got a hattrick in a T20 with Jade Dernbach...

Game breaking bug.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

IceAgeComing posted:

The biggest bug that I've noticed is that fast bowlers drop 5+MPH in pace after only four overs, but that might be me bowling poo poo, I'm not sure!

Were you using Chris Jordan?

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta

IceAgeComing posted:

Honestly; pretty good game. It has more bugs than it should; but you can tell that the developers at least cared about what they were putting out there and they seem to be patching bugs out which has never happened for past cricket games... Admittedly, this is based off of only a few hours of play, but if you go in not expecting the polish that FIFA and the like has, its genuinely seems a fun game. It also manages to do two things that past cricket games never managed: make batting really hard at the higher difficulty levels and make bowling as fun as batting... The biggest bug that I've noticed is that fast bowlers drop 5+MPH in pace after only four overs, but that might be me bowling poo poo, I'm not sure!
Where'd you buy it from? I don't see it in Steam.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

fuckpot posted:

Where'd you buy it from? I don't see it in Steam.
PC version isn't til June iirc. It's only on consoles right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Brett824 posted:

PC version isn't til June iirc. It's only on consoles right now.

That might explain Dernbach being good in the game. You need a full PC's computing power to calculate just how poo poo he really is. His shitiness is probably overflowing and wrapping around to being good in the limited console memory.

• Locked thread