Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Even though I don't plan on reading the rest of this one, the first chapter of Manga Gou-dere Bishoujo Nagihara Sora has some solid jokes for a surreal ecchi manga.

The 2D character the MC is in love with comes to life and she has a totally different personality in real life:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Truthism Chapter 20

Aww... :( I was kind of honestly hoping that there would be a real ghost girl added to the cast. Oh well, this was more surprising and interesting! Regardless, it was one of the funniest chapters of this manga in a while now!

edit: Woop, and more Donyatsu too. Actually kind of a sad chapter, a strange departure, given how it's fundamentally about cute donut-shaped kitties.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Apr 20, 2014

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

DrSunshine posted:

Truthism Chapter 20

Aww... :( I was kind of honestly hoping that there would be a real ghost girl added to the cast. Oh well, this was more surprising and interesting! Regardless, it was one of the funniest chapters of this manga in a while now!

:lol:

Oh boy, I hope we get an explanation on why that dude was using a female robot instead of a male one :haw:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

That chapter was fantastic.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

:lol:

Oh boy, I hope we get an explanation on why that dude was using a female robot instead of a male one :haw:

His sister's probably considered really weird for using a bot that looks like herself.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

DrSunshine posted:

edit: Woop, and more Donyatsu too. Actually kind of a sad chapter, a strange departure, given how it's fundamentally about cute donut-shaped kitties.

The juxtaposition of interdimensional giant robot battles in post-apocalyptic Toyko with cute snack animals is what makes that series so great. I love how it goes back and forth between goofy slice of life comedy and deadly serious sci-fi shenanigans.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Whoa, reading Centaur's Worries and aliens that look like the zombies from Last of Us out of nowhere. Certainly wasn't expecting that.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

Whoa, reading Centaur's Worries and aliens that look like the zombies from Last of Us out of nowhere. Certainly wasn't expecting that.

Wow, which chapter is this? I haven't really read through much of it.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

DrSunshine posted:

Wow, which chapter is this? I haven't really read through much of it.

Chapter 42: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/219506/centaurs-worries_ch42_by_futari-wa-pretty-anon/23
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/219506/centaurs-worries_ch42_by_futari-wa-pretty-anon/30

Just totally out of nowhere.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
An alien also shows up to peep on the centaur's mom in the bath. It's absolutely bizarre. Though the series always seems a bit schizophrenic.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Welp, just finished Legend of an Angel. Thanks to all who suggested it, I had a blast reading it. Good cast of supporting characters, Kitano is just a very swell guy in general, Ryoko and Kitano's relationship was adorable... just a very happy read overall. :3: There was more fighting than I expected, but it was also well done, so I didn't mind at all.

Next one for me is probably Midori Days, since it's in the Sumire club of "what the gently caress is this premise, even". I have high hopes!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

You guys might really like this oneshot by Satoshi Mizukami!

My Brother Is A Crocodile

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

DrSunshine posted:

:lol:, Holy poo poo that was fantastic. It reminded me of the wonderful mindfuck that was Tyra-chan. :allears:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

DrSunshine posted:

That was great! I loved the "wall" freakout, someone finally said what we're all thinking :allears:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The fourth chapter of Kotonoba Drive: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kotonoba-Drive/Vol-001-Ch-004--Beyond-The-Off-Road

Apparently this manga is actually about ghosts trying to serve the protagonist bad coffee.

Also, I finally got through all of YKK, and while beautiful, it's also the most quietly depressing thing I've ever read.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Apr 28, 2014

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Sindai posted:

Also, I finally got through all of YKK, and while beautiful, it's also the most quietly depressing thing I've ever read.

I hope the real decline of humanity is that relaxed.
You should check out Kabu no Isaki by the same author. Same mysterious goings on, same complete lack of explanation.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

A new Sakamoto is being dumped on /a/.

My decision to wait for part 2 of this storyline to read part 1 really paid off. Sakamoto's battle form :allears:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
All I can think from that post is that Sakamoto turns into a battle manga which would be amazing.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
I hope his battle form comes with some Ginyu-style posing.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

RatHat posted:

All I can think from that post is that Sakamoto turns into a battle manga which would be amazing.

Coming soon, the adventures of Smug Dodge Man. He effortlessly avoids the bad guy's attacks and traps long enough for them get frustrated and give up.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

There's a new Nickelodeon chapter:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Nickelodeon/Vol-003-Ch-034--The-Peeping-Ghost?id=194450

It's a good one.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Saw it coming, still laughed.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Hell School

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Elite posted:

Coming soon, the adventures of Smug Dodge Man. He effortlessly avoids the bad guy's attacks and traps long enough for them get frustrated and give up.

Jojo already exists.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
Here's something new: Tonari no Nanige-san.

It's a comedy 4koma about a mysterious girl who pops up to help people with utterly trivial everyday problems. The humor coming mainly from the extreme lengths she's willing to go to to help people with these trivial problems, and that her idea of "helping" isn't always the conventional one. The surreality is that despite seeming like an ordinary student, no one knows what her name is or what class she's in. Maybe she's a spooky ghost? :iiam: And she also seems to have a few weird superpowers like being able to teleport or read people's minds (to find out how they like their tea, of course).

I'm also taking bets on how many people click on that without reading closely thinking it's a link to a new Seki-kun :downs:

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

This is great and thank you for linking it

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

The one with the stilts killed me, I love it. :D

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Heyyy, it's everyone's favorite cynical esper, here to save the day!!

Reiche posted:

Two new chapters of Saiki Kusuo no Psi Nan are out!

I laughed way more at this panel than I should have,

EDIT: Also, Nanige-San is great! Just the perfect touch of surreal. How does she do it??

If it's a battle between perfect people, who wins -- Sakamoto or Nanige? :v:

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 03:26 on May 7, 2014

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

DrSunshine posted:

If it's a battle between perfect people, who wins -- Sakamoto or Nanige? :v:

Sakamoto, because Nanige is allowed to lose sometimes.

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010
Speaking of Sakamoto, there's a new chapter up.

Pat-a-cake! :haw:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh Sakamoto. With every new chapter you steal my heart again, you perfect man you.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

That cop got so into the sumo

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I think that cop got to witness something incredible. Sakamoto is such a pal. :swoon:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I told ya'll about his battle mode. Told you.

Why must this series come out so rarely?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
There was a bonus chapter released of Kuro. And it's really depressing :smith: I wish this series was updated a lot more frequently, it's really interesting.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I really want to know more about the rule and the framework of this world. Where did the monsters come from and why do they behave this way?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Zai x 10 chapter 19.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

The chapters in the second half have been pretty hit or miss, but this one was great. She never drops that pained, reluctant facade even for a second.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

"Till we meet again."

This guy's sense of comedic timing is just impeccable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
New Flying Witch wanted to meet that bear.

• Locked thread