Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Watching it now based on the recommendations of this thread. Kwee Wee was one of those things I saw when I watched Nitro on Raw commercial break in this era and immediately changed back to the loving commercials because of. I've never actually seen a match with him, as just looking at him and his stupid hair annoyed me.

E: So like...he's "flamboyant" but he also snaps. So he's like...Goldust crossed with Shamrock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TheJoker138 posted:

Watching it now based on the recommendations of this thread. Kwee Wee was one of those things I saw when I watched Nitro on Raw commercial break in this era and immediately changed back to the loving commercials because of. I've never actually seen a match with him, as just looking at him and his stupid hair annoyed me.

E: So like...he's "flamboyant" but he also snaps. So he's like...Goldust crossed with Shamrock?

He's a parody (WCW speak for ripoff) of a SNL character and somehow he has the least dumb name in the match.

Oh and to improve your enjoyment of the show Scott Steiner shoot beat the poo poo out of WCW a few weeks before this PPV. It'll make the main event more magical, trust me.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

That was a really good match, though.

Also I forgot Three Count was a thing. Bring them back to feud with 3MB.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I remember a WWE house show years ago where I yelled "Sing along with Three Count" at Shannon Moore when he was in the ring. He yelled back "Didn't bring the green circles."

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

MassRafTer posted:

He's a parody (WCW speak for ripoff) of a SNL character and somehow he has the least dumb name in the match.

Oh and to improve your enjoyment of the show Scott Steiner shoot beat the poo poo out of WCW a few weeks before this PPV. It'll make the main event more magical, trust me.

Oh WCW...to "parody" one of the worst SNL characters in the show's history and think it was a good idea. And why the hell was it "Kwee Wee" instead of "Kiwi" or "Kee Wee" if they were ripping off "Mango"?

EDIT: I'm watching WrestleMania XIV and, while I remember the Road Warriors returning (after what...two months?) as LOD 2000, I had completely forgotten how terrible their new entrance attire was. Just a bunch of ridiculous painted plastic crap that looked like motocross protective gear and took fifteen minutes to take off. I think the helmets were probably the worst part. What was wrong with giant shoulder pads covered in bigass spikes?

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Apr 19, 2014

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I liked Kwee Wee mostly because he would get picked on by jobbers backstage and then challenge them to matches and just crush them.

And he could actually work decently well.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Oh WCW...to "parody" one of the worst SNL characters in the show's history and think it was a good idea. And why the hell was it "Kwee Wee" instead of "Kiwi" or "Kee Wee" if they were ripping off "Mango"?

It's based of off a single Mango sketch, where Mango had a rival name Kiwi, played by David Spade.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

EDIT: I'm watching WrestleMania XIV and, while I remember the Road Warriors returning (after what...two months?) as LOD 2000, I had completely forgotten how terrible their new entrance attire was. Just a bunch of ridiculous painted plastic crap that looked like motocross protective gear and took fifteen minutes to take off. I think the helmets were probably the worst part. What was wrong with giant shoulder pads covered in bigass spikes?

On the LOD documentary, Animal mentions that Hawk just launches his helmet into the crowd either at Wrestlemania or on a RAW right after.

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005
I'm sure someone must have asked this before, but has anyone had any luck getting the Network to work in the UK? I've managed to subscribe using a browser plugin, but I can't actually watch anything past the PG-TV bit. It's just perpetually loading.

Edit: Never mind, works in Firefox.

paint dry fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Apr 19, 2014

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I'm pretty sure it originally was Kiwi or Keewee and they got a legal letter.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MassRafTer posted:

I'm pretty sure it originally was Kiwi or Keewee and they got a legal letter.
It was.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Finally watched the Warrior doc. WWE really know how to make a good documentary. That was great.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Watching Legends House now. Really really stupid, but I'm liking it.

edit: anybody notice they have Hacksaw handle a (dildo) blender in the ep?

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Has there been any talk of adding any of their older TV shows like Prime Time Wrestling? So far there's not nearly enough Monsoon/Heenan on the Network.

Tim Burns Effect fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Apr 20, 2014

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

I Feast On Dogshit posted:

Finally watched the Warrior doc. WWE really know how to make a good documentary. That was great.

It was heartbreaking and now I'm depressed. I need to watch something that's the opposite of that now :(

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Go watch the BWO/FBI opening match from Wrestlepalooza. It's impossible to not feel better watching Tracy Smothers cut a rug.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

It was heartbreaking and now I'm depressed. I need to watch something that's the opposite of that now :(

Watch the Daniel Bryan WM30 doc! It's the exact opposite.

Or either of the last two countdowns.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i think warrior still came off as a weird rear end in a top hat in that doc but they showed his bereaved kids and poo poo so i can see how that's moving

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah it felt very honest, I'm glad that when they reedited it following his death they didn't just have everyone saying how much of an amazing guy and talent he was.

Also he called Trips 'Paul' when he met him in the office. Reality Era!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah it felt very honest, I'm glad that when they reedited it following his death they didn't just have everyone saying how much of an amazing guy and talent he was.

Also he called Trips 'Paul' when he met him in the office. Reality Era!

Trips apparently hates being called Hunter off TV, so apparently everyone backstage and at the office calls him Paul now.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

The only thing I didn't like about the doc was the forced apologies. Particularly the Hogan one. 5 minutes before hand he was talking about how he never liked Warrior, then he talked about the court case where he basically called warrior a loving weirdo freak. Then, as the cameras on them at Mania he's like "I love you man. I love you"

But then again, Hogan has always been a oval office so maybe it wasn't as forced as I thought and it was just Hogan being a prick.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Watch the Daniel Bryan WM30 doc! It's the exact opposite.

Or either of the last two countdowns.

The Miz didn't know who Daniel Bryan was.

Student of the game.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
These things were good:

-Warrior doc
-Bryan doc

This was so stupid, but I might actually watch the series:
-Legends House

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I Feast On Dogshit posted:

The only thing I didn't like about the doc was the forced apologies. Particularly the Hogan one. 5 minutes before hand he was talking about how he never liked Warrior, then he talked about the court case where he basically called warrior a loving weirdo freak. Then, as the cameras on them at Mania he's like "I love you man. I love you"

But then again, Hogan has always been a oval office so maybe it wasn't as forced as I thought and it was just Hogan being a prick.

Warrior said Nick Hogan would be better off if Hulk died (among a million other things.) so he might have mixed feelings on the man.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Warrior said Nick Hogan would be better off if Hulk died (among a million other things.) so he might have mixed feelings on the man.

Warrior was a terrible human being and it's very possible that everyone saying nice things about him now feels they have to because of social norms, wanting to stay in Vince's good books or just having grown up loving the Ultimate Warrior character. The fact that nobody has turned around that Nick Hogan comment to be about Warrior shows restraint on Hogan that I wouldn't be able to show.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

As opposed to Hogan saying that none of it was Nick's fault and the dead kid shouldn't have pissed off God or somesuch. That's a two way road of douchebaggery.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

DeathChicken posted:

As opposed to Hogan saying that none of it was Nick's fault and the dead kid shouldn't have pissed off God or somesuch. That's a two way road of douchebaggery.

I have a little bit of sympathy for Hogan on that because he's talking to his son in jail. I wouldn't know what to say in the same situation and I'd probably ramble my way into trying to blame anyone but my son to try and make him feel better as he spends the next few months of his life in prison.

Warrior though, his poo poo just came from him. No outside emotional forces, just out and out hatred of anyone not as much of a oval office as himself.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

I have a little bit of sympathy for Hogan on that because he's talking to his son in jail. I wouldn't know what to say in the same situation and I'd probably ramble my way into trying to blame anyone but my son to try and make him feel better as he spends the next few months of his life in prison.

Warrior though, his poo poo just came from him. No outside emotional forces, just out and out hatred of anyone not as much of a oval office as himself.

they immediately agree that John Graziano was a bad person and then, without skipping a beat, start talking about how it will affect their reality show and how Nick doesn't care how they play this as long as he makes "the most money" so

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Forgot that bit.

Aye, gently caress Hogan to.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

oatgan posted:

they immediately agree that John Graziano was a bad person and then, without skipping a beat, start talking about how it will affect their reality show and how Nick doesn't care how they play this as long as he makes "the most money" so

Not only that, but didn't they also briefly talk about spinning the whole thing into its OWN reality show? Where Nick is coming off of this thing and trying to get his life back together?

I'll cheer like a moron every time I see Hogan in person, and did at Mania & post-Mania RAW, but he is a real big dirtbag.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I just finished the Ultimate Warrior doc. That was loving incredible.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Daniel Bryan posted:

I just finished the Ultimate Warrior doc. That was loving incredible.

The book he gave Vince was the point where I really started to feel like, for all his faults, he wanted to be a better person, even if he wasn't 100% sure how.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

sportsgenius86 posted:

The book he gave Vince was the point where I really started to feel like, for all his faults, he wanted to be a better person, even if he wasn't 100% sure how.

That's what it felt like to me. He really did seem like he was from parts unknown, just a way far out there guy that didn't know how to interact in daily life but somehow made it work for him. For all of the stuff the doc passed over, it hit me hard to see him make up with WWE and have his girls by his side every step of the way.

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
What really got me was seeing Vince cry. I don't think I've ever seen him cry.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Fushin posted:

He cried when talking about Eddie Guerrero after his death.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Fushin posted:

Only other time I can think of is when Triple H 'fired' him to somewhat write off McMahon as an almighty evil on screen character. It really looked like he took it personally like it was his retirement or whatever.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Not really crying, but when Linda lost the election he looked like someone had ran over his dog. Or had told him he'd just thrown away millions while the Price is Right loser music played.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
With as red as Vince's eyes were, you could tell he was crying for a while before they put the cameras on him. H losing it was also something.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Compounded listening to WOL when Meltzer is talking about how Vince always wanted to be the kind of guy that Warrior was, and that Warrior always wanted to be the kind of guy that Vince is. And by that he meant Vince always wanted to be the guy with the cartoon physic who walked on beaches and girls swooned, and Warrior always wanted to be a businessman who did what he did and didn't let anything stand in his way.

he made it seem like even if they hated each other, they really did like each other as well.

And watching Vince cry is... literally like watching my dad cry, and I only had the displeasure of seeing that while my grandmother was in hospital. I can't see it and know what to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

"new" show this week The best of the hall of fame

quote:

Episodes (10 pm ET, Tuesday through Friday) include:

Tuesday, April 22 – Hulk Hogan inducted by Sylvester Stallone, Trish Stratus inducted by Stephanie McMahon and Bobby Heenan inducted by Jack Lanza

Wednesday, April 23 – Pete Rose inducted by Kane and Ric Flair inducted by Triple H

Thursday, April 24 – Gene Okerlund inducted by Hulk Hogan and Shawn Michaels inducted by Triple H

Friday, April 25 – Jerry Lawler inducted by William Shatner and Bruno Sammartino inducted by Arnold Schwarzenegger